I need to play a 3D plataformer or my head will explode, what are some good ones?

I need to play a 3D plataformer or my head will explode, what are some good ones?

3D 3D, or 2.5D, aka using 3D models but with 2D gameplay?

Because if you can compromise to 2.5, go get yourself Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, i can guarantee you that game will keep you busy for a while if you're a perfectionist.

If you want pure 3D, Super Mario 3D World is alright, nothing special, i'd honestly go back and replay Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie until Yooka-Laylee comes out.

Same. I'd like something on the pc while waiting for this.

here you go

DK64, if you don't mind the amount of collecting to do
SM64
super mario sunshine
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
personally I liked earthworm jim 3d, but i didnt play any of the earlier games before playing that
spongebob squarepants: battle for bikini bottom

if you dont mind linear games, theres alot more options for you, such as super mario galaxy and 3d land

also spongebob: the movie, but it isn't as good as battle for bikini bottom

What makes the Banjo games good, or rather what is it's strength?
Like Spyro has great level design and a nice variety of worlds and mechanics, and Crash has its difficulty, what's Banjo's thing? I want to play it but I can't find any motivation to on my own

That's not even a fucking plataformer game! What the fuck mate!

everything is a platformer game if you are imaginative enough

There's Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank. And that Egyptian game on the PS2.

oh yeah, and I forgot about the PS2
ratchet and clank
ratchet and clank: going commando
ratchet and clank: up your arsenal; the ratchet and clank games aren't just platformers though
jak and daxter: the precursor legacy, though thats a bit dull, also i wouldnt advise against you giving the sequels a try, but they have guns in em

thats called bait

You might be thinking of Sphinx and The Cursed Mummy.

mini ninjas

sorry here's a better one

now tell me Holla Forums

has there been a single 3D platformer released that encourages exploration and isn't a ratchet and clank or jak and daxter game released since 2006?

no mario galaxy doesn't count

Thanks man! that one is WAY better!

Nice meme you have there, friendo. :)

Super Mario 3D World?

mini ninjas

does that game encourage exploration?
it is on a timer after all

haven't heard of that one

I remember buying that but it was too powerful for my pc. I had like sub 5 fps

mini ninjas

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Mini Ninjas looks interesting so I thought I'd share this for all.
2CBB6848E73A504F605845DC99BED39740A526F5

mini ninjas good

It has a ton of charm, the music is top drawer, and it does the collectathon genre a service. Banjo Tooie is in my top three.

Odd World: Stranger's Wrath has platforming elements.

hm
i forgot about spyro
well theres the PS1 sypro games too

Rayman 2
Rayman 3
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Glover
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Spyro series
Crash Bandicoot series
Spider-Man (PS1)
Gex 2
Gex 3 (Good games if you can ignore how cheesy it is)
Toy Story 2 (PS1) (Decent licensed game, not anything to write home about, but still fun)
Ape Escape series
Croc
Croc 2
Super Mario series (You already know, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc.)
Sly Cooper series
Ratchet & Clank series
Jak & Daxter (I didn't like 2 or 3 much myself)
Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom (An example of an excellent licensed game, the Movie game isn't bad either)
Billy Hatcher
Tak
Tak 2 (Decent games, but they feel like they only existed due to the 3d platforming craze of the early 2000s)
Blinx
Blinx 2
Voodoo Vince
Psychonauts
Pac-Man World series

As for what I'd recommend, I really enjoyed Banjo-Kazooie and Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom. It holds up surprisingly well for a licensed game and for one about Spongebob nonetheless. If you don't like collect-a-thons or want a break from them, the Ratchet & Clank games provide a nice contrast as well as more linear games like Rayman 3. But go ahead and form your own opinion. All these games are worth playing in the slightest even if you don't beat them.

And off-topic but whatever happened to 3D platformers? I'm kind of sad there haven't been as many recently. And if you can tell by my post I'm somewhat of a huge platformer fan. At least I can look forward to Yooka-Laylee, but it's kind of disappointing there probably won't be anymore Glover games, Banjo-Kazooie games, or good Spyro or Crash games. I miss the days when things could sell by being ridiculous and colorful rather than being realistic.
tfw you will never take trips to the video store and rent games based on how goofy and fun they looked ever again
tfw you will never experience the wonder of reading the game's case and manual, thinking about what it will be like on the car ride home ever again

I experienced that fairly recently with Star Fox Zero. I knew it was gonna be an on-rails shooter, but I had that "wow, fresh release and game - y fun" feeling for the first time since 2007(the cancer wasn't really fully settled in until '09)

I just miss walking down the isles of rental places and looking at covers of lighthearted games with not much in the way of over-hyping. It was just shelves of undermarketed games that were either gonna be good or laughably bad, not painfully mediocre garbage that sold like hotcakes.

Great list, user. Pretty much covered everything.

How about this one user? I'll be honest, it's been so long I don't even remember if it's good. I just remember having fun.

Missed a gem

respect for respecting gex

think deep cover gekko was the best one

I didn't put it on there because I haven't played it. But I'd probably have more games on that list if I included games I haven't played like Duck Dodgers for N64 or mediocre games like Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

My ex GF loved that game ;-;

BONUS LIST:
(These include games I don't know much about myself, haven't played, or just mediocre below average games. But there are some good games in here. Play at your own risk.)
Whiplash
Dr. Muto
Frogger The Great Quest
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series
Jersey Devil
40 Winks
Vexx
Scaler
Tork
Spongebob Creature from the Krusty Krab
Epic Mickey
Epic Mickey 2
Tonic Trouble
Duck Dodgers (N64)
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
Space Station Silicon Valley
Chameleon Twist
Chameleon Twist 2
Donald Duck Goin' Quackers
Earthworm Jim 3
de Blob
de Blob 2
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Jet Set Radio
Jet Set Radio Future (More of action games)
Ed, Edd, and Eddy Mis-edventures
Kao the Kangaroo
Kao the Kangaroo Round 2
Sonic series (I've never cared for Sonic)
Rocket Robot on Wheels
I-Ninja
Kya Dark Lineage
Spinx and the Cursed Mummy
Blasto

(Note: I did not include movie tie-in games due to the sheer amount and quality of them.)

And if you're the type of person who wants to see a game before playing it, I'm sure you can find reviews on JewTube for most of these.

shameless bump

I'll fite u
Seriously, one of my favorite 3D collectathon platformers, got all 101 power cells in one afternoon after not touching it in years and it's still fun.

bamp