What do you guys think about Heart and Slash?

What do you guys think about Heart and Slash?
I'm coming pretty close to 100% and I really enjoyed my time. If the game had more bosses and another stage or two it could've been the next Binding of Issac.
My favorite piece of equipment is the jetpack. Once you upgrade it all the way and remember that there's a run button it's pretty fun to fly all around the city and skip huge sections of the space elevator.

clunky and it smells, like rotten eggs

Those robots would be kind of cute if they didn't look like they were made of Lego.

is there r34

EBIN

i played but got tired of it fast, it wasn't that bad and the weapons were kinda cool.
But it felt like more of the same.

Also, how come the Knight boss was super easy but spider boss was such a hard shit?

I could have done without the voxels.

You fucking faggot! You make me sick to my stomach! How dare you piss me off you mother fucker! This sucks I'm pissed! What's your goddamn problem?

This is now a clang thread.

You're a perverted faggot.

I would hold hands with Wall-e.

He's already taken.

THREESOME HAND HOLDING

I beat my true ending run just yesterday, so I've got some pretty spicy opinions to share about it. I like the sticky legs item, because its existence is a bizarre enigma. Why include an item that breaks the game so badly?
From a technical standpoint, the game's a fucking mess. The camera is ass. The clipping is constant, the hitboxes are all over the place, the story is even less than an afterthought, you can use the sticky legs to climb all the way up the space elevator and then get stuck because you triggered the final challenge without being in the room and can't get in.

But despite everything, it's still so damn comfy. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the music. Maybe it's all the great weapons. Fighting just feels good. Maybe it's because it thanks you in the credits.

The devs may not know how to make a game, but they know how to make a game good. It's like classic Dark Souls.

clang

Stop sexualizing mechs please

I'm uncertain what my favorite gear is, but it's basically all the most overpowered stuff. I like the vorpal weapons because fuck armored robots, the 1% suit because of all the bank it gives me by the time I reach the city, the mech arms for giving me both obscene attack and defence buffs, the terminus est because it's just so cathartic to whack stuff with a big ass buster sword that boosts my attack into the stratosphere with a single swing, and the dynamite because it just destroys everything in its radius, including armored robots, and FUCK armored robots.

Overall though, it just feels unfinished. Like there's not enough content to justify a $15 price tag. There's only one difficulty setting, three levels, and only the first level boss feels like a real challenge to your fighting skills. All the other bosses are games of dodge the attacks, hit the weak point once, repeat.

I also would have liked if the different characters had their own story cutscenes. It detracts from the experience when I'm playing as Slash and QuAsSy yells at me all, "I'll teach you to hang out with Slash!" I guess this is only a problem in that two of the characters are just Heart in costumes, but variety would have still been nice.
Also also, I want to be able to skip the cutscenes after completing levels.

you belong on deviantart

Permadeath spectacle fighter? Fuck no.

why so

cmon faggots post more clang

I remember looking at it a while back and thinking the massive difference in walking speed to fighting animations looked very jarring. Like moving you'd move like a superhuman olympic sprinter, but attacking the characters would move "naturally" slow.

It's really strange that the knight boss dies in just a few hits from anything, because his attacks are way more interesting than Franky's. After fighting him a couple times the only trick move the spider has is the 3 overhead attacks because the hitbox is a little weird, best way to do him in is to bait the big shockwave over and over forever like it's Demon Souls' armor spider.

For me it's absolutely the music. It's really upbeat and cute, especially once you unlock the disco weapon.
Breaking the game happens way too often. If it's not sticky legs or flight spawning enemy arena's halfway through my character it's just randomly falling into the floor and getting stuck. Hope if they make anything else they'll polish it up a bit before charging money.

Yeah, the second stage bosses are perfect examples of objectively bad game design. They're invincible 99% of the time and all you can do is sit there until they decide to let you kill them. QuAsSy can be hit but he's super boring and so easy you can't possible lose the game as long as you made it past the first level.
And I agree on armored enemies. If I get locked into more than one room with armored guys on the first level I just restart the game. They kill all the momentum unless you got a gun in the first room and they aren't threatening since their attacks can't even hit you by default.

The game's tutorial is objectively the worst I have ever seen in a video game. It doesn't teach you any of the most necessary skills, like missile deflection or the damn dodge roll button even. Not even the loading screen tips mention that you can lock on to enemies with the right stick click. The entire tutorial is painfully slow, with a moment in between where you just watch the professor walk back and forth trying to find the "continue tutorial" button. And you're expected to sit through this more than once if you don't manage to beat slash and unlock the prototype on your first try. Thank god there's a bug that lets you spend your upgrade points in the tutorial.

I just wanna bump this thread so that it's hopefully still around when I come back.

bumpity :^)

>tfw it was by copying his attempt to be cheap and launching him over and over, and I suck shit at the game after that point

Shit, really? That seems like it'd make hitting things much less of a pain in the ass, especially those little flying drone cunts. I knew that whole bit about the camera center button doing other shit during the tutorial must have had some point, but I didn't realize it did that. Never locked on by accident despite recentering the camera that way pretty often, either, so it's weird that I didn't catch onto that.

Truthfully, I don't know the real details about locking on. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't; maybe it has something to do with the equipment you have.
I'll tell you something that always works, though: if you hold down jump, you won't have that impact pause if you fall from a great height.

Yeah there are headpieces that give you lock-on but they should make it a default ability.