THE AMERICAN INTERNET ENDS IN 26 DAYS NOT BUMPLOCKED BY SOME SHILLL EDITION

THE AMERICAN INTERNET ENDS IN 26 DAYS NOT BUMPLOCKED BY SOME SHILLL EDITION

What is Happening?

First Amendment rights will no longer apply to the Internet on October 1st, 2016. Obama is handing control of the DNS to the world on October 1st.

You just saw the effects of this from YouTube. Websites are forced to change their rules and ToS or face termination by foreign countries outside the countries in which their servers actually reside.

Why is this Happening?

The DNS Server that controls the entire internet (Everything with a .com at the end, or .org. Like youtube.com, gamefaqs.com) was controlled by the United States.

On October 1st, they relinquish control of the DNS protocol to all the foreign bureacracies of the world.

The practical effect on this is that it means other countries besides the United States can take down websites without having to go to the U.S. beforehand, which has had a history of protecting its First Amendment rights.

If the U.N. wants to take down a website for hate speech, they can do so now without any intervention by the U.S. This also means all websites that exist within DNS (this means gamefaqs.com) must answer to the laws of ALL countries, not just one.

Doesn't matter where in the world your website/server is anymore, you must respect the laws of all countries or be taken down.

Since the U.N. bans hate speech, that's out the window and so YouTube is forced to do this.

Republican Senator Ted Cruz, who lost the Republican Primary to Donald J Trump, has launched a countdown clock

cruz.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/

Republicans are fighting to stop this deal, but they need to get past Obama's presidential veto before they can do it. Some democrats will need to be red-pilled on this issue or else it's getting veto'd

What can we do?

Other urls found in this thread:

methonium.tumblr.com/
internetdefenseleague.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does this just apply to DNS or will control of IP issuance be transferred as well?

Because one would be big, the other would be gigantic.

Yes we know

fear mongering

Good luck burgers thank god this site is .net

I don't understand why we're allowed to have a TPP thread but this is supposedly getting bumplocked/deleted or something?
It's big news, and even if it results in nothing, we need to be prepared and anons ened to learn how to get here after they shut us down.

(checked)
Don't you know? Mark is jewish

We should have went with ted cruz huh…

Cruz missle launched! :^)

Ted Cruz would have just been four more years of Obama, even if he opposes this one specific thing. Shill or not don't kid yourself.

Not sure, but either way I've been pinging for IP numbers for accessing sites I frequent, on the off chance they see their domain names or whatever denied but are still left as accessible to those that can reach them.

Holla Forums IS FINISHED

C L A N G

Have we decided on where we're going yet?

Why leave?

If I cannot find it I will force myself to meld back into society.

It's easier than you'd think, assuming you aren't autistic or retarded enough.

This is nothing more than privatization of the names service, removing its dependency on the US government. It's also something that's been in the works for the last 18 years. ICANN will remain under US jurisdiction as a private entity. Stop spreading misinformation.

Remember congress gets back on the sixth. That's your time to spam them.

(checked)

I really, really, really hope this place shuts down for good.
Well, actually, only when thinking in vain I do. This is a great place and what it represents is probably for the good of society.
But the thing is, I have no social media accounts (other than the troll ones) and the only reason I spend most of my time on the computer is this site. Really, if this site shuts down I'll return to society and nature. And that's good for me.

So basically this.

Fantastic

Though with all the IT WILL BE FINE people i see in the threads, perhaps the entire thing is just a smokescreen against something else?

Old men
are the future

Such as?

The internet as we know it doesn't have much time, disregarding the hype around this shift of power. The US government can pull the plug on the internet at any time if they really wanted to.

Then why now and not a month ago?

That doesn't make any sense.

don't expect Holla Forums to know what the fuck they're talking about

For what purpose? You shut it down while other things are going on, not some weekend in August when the narrative is that everything is great!™

Not taken down as such but the UN will be able to shut down / take your domain name. The UN is socjus as fuck and hates freedom of speech.

So anything they don't approve of will have to be connected to by direct IP instead of domain name. This doesn't actually matter that much but it'll make things less convenient, and it may make normalfags less likely to visit crimethink sites which I suspect is what this is about: media jews trying to stop the Internet from undermining their filthy kike lies.

Oh, ey, let's host everything in a non U.N compliant nation then.

!roll 9

1-3 The vatican
4-6 Taiwan
7-9 Palestine
0 Trump makes the internet great again, every domain changes to .trump

Vaitcan it is.

Can we please retake Constantinople so I don't have to convert

Honestly we should put together a fund to buy land from russia to host some servers.

Uh

China would have a fucking field day if they could actually shut down sites, i mean they could shut down twitter just because

So I don't think it works that way.

Did Youtube actually change it's ToS, or is everyone still freaking out over the fact that the released a new bot unto youtube that makes it more appealing to advertisers

I can only see normalfaggots being affected by this tbh. I'm worried I won't be able to shitpost with you guys anymore ;-;

The issue is not hosting, it is DNS. So you'd need to enter a direct IP instead of a URL. eg, 104.20.44.57 instead of 8ch.net.

Oh

So, we just type the Ip then

Then people will just stop using a dns server.

there's a difference between raising awareness and fear mongering
it's like saying cancer fundraisers are fear mongering for cancer

its not too difficult to memorize an ip address, tbh.

Yeah that's not a big deal at all.

I'm either getting Holla Forumsed or jewed right now.

I bet you don't even write your passwords on a sticky and put it on your monitor.

But freedom of speech is one the UN's human rights.

Will the UN allow criticism of Israel?

They don't even like criticism of women on the internet

what do you think

This won't work on Holla Forums (and a lot of other sites) because of CloudFlare.

Not that you'll need it in the first place.

How fucking retarded are you? Are you in an institution right now?

Americans ruined the world.

Not really. On their list it's like number 18 (eg not as important as other stuff), and isn't ACTUALLY freedom of speech, it's "freedom of expression". We have freedom of expression here in Canada… and the government can silence you whenever it wants because it can simply deem things it doesn't like as not falling under "expression".

user, do you know why they call them monitors?

Your government has banned drawings of fictional characters if some bureaucrat deems them 1: underage 2: too lewd

I am only just learning that there is an "alternative" human rights charter for muslim countries. Edward Said has a lot to answer for.

The UN criticizes Israel all the time, and it falls to the US to defend it every time. Besides, why would an organization dedicated to converting the world to Islam side with the Juice?

I-Is it because they monitor you?

yes

Obama is such a fucking cunt but thank fuck the UN is filled with useless retards.

Yes as long as you don't criticize the ((people)).

Are you really that insecure about your fetish?

but he's right nigga

We had a pretty fucking neat civil code (now modified) courtesy of Dalmacio Vélez Sarsfield.

1. You have a right to do whatever the fuck you want.
2. That right ends when you fuck arround with someone else's rights

And it just told you don't kill, don't steal and shit like that.

You can say ANYTHING about ANYONE ANYWHERE as long as you don't kill kids while doing it and no one can't do anything.

Sadly we decided to let the constitution suck the U.N's dick in 1994 and being a higher hierarchy law if it's an international issue whiners can take it up to them. Oh fuck.

see

Have you ever had your sexual preferences be declared to be against the law?

This is seriously not funny guys. What happens now?

No. Probably because it's not illegal.

the fire rises, of course

I can't tell which is worse. UN or burger control.
But given that everything gets worse over time, I'm betting on UN.
Burger control got us in here. God knows where UN control will get us.

E V E R Y S I N G L E T I M E

I should burn down my house. Good idea!

Yea, basically

but i want to make fun of jews and steal video games/movies

Because this is a non-thread. It's InfoWars fearmongering of "WHAT IF ICANN AND IANA BECOME PART OF THE UN????"

Fuck off, Holla Forums.

And we've seen just how impartial private companies are

Hint: THEY FUCKING AREN'T. THIS IS OBAMA'S BACKDOOR AFTER WE FORCED CONGRESS TO BLOCK HIS TELECOM DONATORS ATTEMPT TO THROTTLE THINGS THEY DON'T LIKE.

Yes.
That is the definition of "not being against the law".

Then you are in a position of privilege and you should check it.

Pedophilia isn't a sexual preference or a fucking fetish, it's a mental disorder, you fucking mongoloid.

What about self hosted DNS / hostfile fuckery?

You talk like that's some kind of injustice or that you've been wronged by someone.

Oh, right. I forgot to spoiler that.

The only way to redeem yourself is reveal sauce.

Thanks Obongo!

Wait until Youtube fucks their policies even harder as a result

Pig disgusting

You're lucky i got curious myself and can actually do rudimentary footwork.

methonium.tumblr.com/

This sounds too good to be true

Honestly this could be a good thing and force millions of dollars of investment into making a meshnet or a truly decentralized internet.

Even the fear might be a good motivation.

So does this mean loli is ding dong bannu or is it only for copyright?

Or you could go out and do that on your own. Whatever is keeping you from going outside isn't us.

bump

what do we do?

DNS doesn't control the internet any more than the Yellow Pages controls businesses it lists.

that's not a great analogy, especially given that we won't be able to access sites at all, unless cloudflare automatically unlists them or something

what does this mean for search engines?

they expect one of us in the wreckage brother

So my understanding is that the danknet will be even danker?
Harsh.

I2P and Freenet already exist, but no one's using them.

You don't do anything because nothing's happening. Look at the link to Cruz's website that the OP posted, first fucking line:
ICANN already controls "Internet domains". They have for ages. Everyone's panic about this is based on a complete lack of understanding about how the internet works.

The NTIA isn't the UN though. In fact the Administrator of the NTIA is appointed by the US goverment.

How did this myth that the UN is taking over the internet start?
Some blogger pointed out that the UN could in theory take control away from the NTIA and you dumb niggers just ran with it and spun that theoretical possibility into a definite fact?
Is it the burger news broadcasters? Is that the latest clickbait panic they are spinning now that Zika, Brasilian Killerbees and Ebola isn't trendy anymore?

muh happeningfags

You guys realize that the rest of the World has already been perfectly content with the fact that the internet was under the control of a hostile goverment, yes?

Sounds like the rest of the world are a bunch of pussies.

Who is the rest of the world? Not China, not Russia, not Europe. All of these places have lobbied to have the US give up control of ICANN

It's all shill shitposting, user. If you think they aren't on this site, even on Holla Forums, you're sadly mistaken. Look at the (1)s, the sages used to downvote, and the sheer defeatism and C&D these people use.
Maybe they're not getting paid, but they still aren't helping in the longrun. They're shitposter's equivalent to "dude who cares, not like we can do anything lmao"

(Holy Trips Checked)
Contact every member of pic and link related
internetdefenseleague.org/
And do the copypasta from the Holla Forums thread