You haven't even looked at game footage, you're just judging it based on the marketing

Fucking normalfags and skyrim, before, during, and after release.

What is the worst defense of a game you've heard? Not even for a bad game, just overall?

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/JLcx
vid.me/5xBk
vid.me/5kSk
youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g
i.imgur.com/vsiujI5.jpg
i.imgur.com/iqdZmpk.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Star Citizen

worst defense? probably git gud from Dark souls fags

I actually heard that line in a review for No Mans Sky. No matter the game or genre, no game needs 20 hours to get to the good.

Fucking pretentious pricks, if you enjoy a game it means you're having fun with it even if it's incredibly depressing. Only bad games are not fun.

Or at least get engaged. I mean, I wouldn't call Papers Please FUN, but it is engaging and interesting.

Pretty much this one. There are very few occasions where playing a game was different from the footage they showed off. Only two I can think of in recent years are Arkham Knight, and Xenoverse which both looked awful when shown off at events. Some would argue they were still mediocre to bad, but I liked them more than I thought I was going to by watching the footage.

How is xenoverse? Should I just wait for 2?

just wait for 2. It's a great DBZ sim, but a mediocre fighting game with some majorly unbalanced spam attacks. 2 looks to refine it a bit.

I'm glad we dont live in a world where that happens.

Todd's gone off the deep end, he's just putting up random bullshit and seeing if people keep buying it

I doubt Todd cares anymore.

Git Gud in general always annoys me, especially if it's used to defend poor game design. Darkest Dungeon fags are the worst offenders of this, don't like the sheer amount of RNG in a game with permadeath? Git Gud.

i tell my friends who are into games i'm never paying full price for a game with 0 replay value ever again and they look at me like i have three fucking heads

yeah sure
cleaning bathrooms takes a long time, so i must like it because i spend all that time doing it
isn't there a phrase for this shit? like

ftfy

That doesn't even make damn sense.

I wish they'd bring the noose from TTYD in to Colour Splash so that I can fucking hang myself on it.

I suppose you smacked him over the head and called him out on his immense faggotry? I mean, if that's what today's "friends" are…

Volumetric lighting, faggots.

I know, the thing that raises confusion is "god rays"

if only we had some way of looking up things in a few moments with a computer

it's the same as lightrays?

Bethesda are fucking scummy as shit.

And I bet somehow theyve made it even less stable than a modded Skyrim with an unsorted load order because how could they not fuck this up somehow.

Why would you get mad at this? It's such a silly phrase, obviously only used to taunt you.

It doesn't make me mad, it just annoys me because I actually want to talk about the game and tactics. Git Gud is low effort shitposting.

So… Who's gonna bet on what these new quests and environments are gonna be?

My bet is on a tech demo cave under Whiterun plains that'll put Merhunes Dagon's shrine there like in the concept art.
Also two new civil war quests, 3 more fetch quests and 1 more radiant infinite (tm) quest.

Why the fuck do people pretend to know about shit they don't?

Binary Domain. Granted it's rather hard to make a third person shooter look non-generic but they could have at least tried.

Then why don't they just say that instead of some bullshit term that no normal human being ever used?

This one's true. It's the opposite of post-purchase rationalization that forces you to rationalize why you like a game.
You instead rationalize why you dislike a game based on motivations external to the game itself.

Of course, it's also perfectly possible for the game to be shit anyway, so it's highly case-by-case.

Skyrim is just plain boring.
If you fought one dragon you've fought them all.
If you went into one "dungeon" you've done them all.

The only incentives to keep moving forward in Skyrim are not the challenges but the story (lolwhatever) and I suppose unlocking new abilities of your character.
The problem is that the story feels so fucking lifeless. I can't put my finger on it but the world doesn't feel alive. Nothing seems actually urgent.
And really, what the fuck do I care about upgrading my character's abilities if progression doesn't offer anything really different from one battle to the next?

I guess some people are into that type of shit, though. Where they'll basically roleplay themselves a life in this sort of world. Me, I don't really give a fuck about that. I play the game as a game and I want that challenge and that reason to keep going and if the story can't do it than the mechanics of the game itself should but NEITHER of them accomplish this.

As far as I'm concerned, Skyrim was a game that was shitted out with the expectation that the modding community would keep it alive.
I don't understand how anybody on a console could enjoy it.

why the fuck don't they just remaster morrowind already

they would make millions off the autistic millennials who are "nostalgic" for a game they've never played.

dang

Some people honestly liked fallout 4.

Somebody i know when as far to say that taking away the RPG elements was good for gaming. Even his girl-friend shook her head. Even she couldn't drink that much Kool-aid.

Because then people would start asking funny questions like

Hello, subjectivity.
The main story of Skyrim is perfectly fine. While the game has many flaws, the story isn't one of them.

I bet you're one of those Morrowind fags who think it's stellar writing in that game?

Not the same user, but i really like morrowind's story. dagoth ur has a rich history and motive for his actions. Also fighting in a giant golem god for the final showdown is fantastic.

Enhance thy shills, my man.

Skyrim is tedious. If you want to "build" a character in Skyrim, you have to follow a very lengthy process that will allow you to "optimize" your experience, and by the time you reach this level, you'll have lost interest in the game or you'll have likely completed large portions of it while adamantly trying not to do so. The process is essentially the same for all "builds". To be good at Skyrim, you have to:
Then 12 months later
>ALCHEMY
>SMITHING
>ENCHANTING
Then 144 months later
Basically, you're either a non magic user or a magic user. Non magic users get all the best gear by using smithing and enchanting to give themselves the highest attack and defense ratings. You can even use this to nullify entire types of damage. Magic users get the same benefits as non magic users, but with the added benefit of having an infinite pool of magicka as long as they wear the enchanted gear that allows them a 100% cost reduction to their school of choice. It's impossible to create crafted and enchanted gear that will allow you to have access to all the schools simultaneously, so you must create a set of gear for each school. As long as you have enough magic to cast the spells, you'll never run out of magic for the school whose cost has been reduced to 100% by your gear.

By the time you reach the point that you can create such powerful gear, you'll have either completed a large portion of the game or you'll have a character so strong that it will completely trivialize the ability of any given monster to even damage you. However, just getting to this point is so god damned time consuming that most people won't bother and will instead prefer to rush enemies, bash them with their weapon or spell of choice, then run away long enough to heal, and repeat.

Hi Todd.

Games can be boring to spectate but fun as fuck to play, so that complaint is valid.

Hating a game from the offset creates severe bias, and the chances of you changing your opinion is basically nil. So that's also valid.

Just cuck him already.

Fuck you, I know when a game is a waste of my time. Because almost fucking everytime, I've been proven correct. I have plenty of experience to know when I'm going to get a steaming pile of shit. Nevermind, you're the faggot who keeps getting excited over every new Early Access game that comes out.

for recognition and to not think of themselves as worthless, while also trying to secure a position among people as "friends".

Essentially, he's trying to fit in with what he perceives as the "in" crowd. He's lonely and desperate and wants to be seen as someone with sage knowledge.

damned right.

All of that would be better off being an automatic process, or just fucking remove walking from the game.

They literally built a giant ass waste of time that would be better off in an MMO environment where everyone specializes in one thing and trades with others to get what they want.

Star Wars Galaxies did that shit, with players who built storefronts, houses, guns, armor, medical items, dancers in bars that help others gain XP, Doctors that healed players for a fee, and the actual combat classes benefited from these specialties as well if they dual classed.

But what they did here is build what is essentially a slow ass experience system centered around fucking tedious ass grinding, in a single player game.

Even 100 hour RPGs don't have it this fucking bad.

How is that a problem?

You're basically complaining that it's taking too long to create a OP, master-of-all, immune to everything character

I spent hundreds of hours on skyrim trying to get the perfect thick bitch. Then I found the vore mod and spent about 60 more hours.

tl;dr

It takes to long to do anything in fucking skyrim.

100 hours in and you're a master at ONE thing.

To each his own.

To me dunmer continent and the whole vivec/chim thing wasn't that interesting.
The fate of the dwarves was the only interesting things that kept me going.

I don't know what people consider "deep and good writing" anymore. Just add some metaphsical concepts and mistery and you get a horde of fans yelling "best thing ever!"

GOOD

I'm fucking tired of heroes that learn everything so fast, the rest of the world might as well be aomebas.

"Hey kid, leaing your farm to become an adventurer? Good luck!"

*a week later

"Hey kid. you're back. I've see you've become the greatest swordsman and mage in the world, slain a dozen dragons and 3 gods, gathered mythicval treasures and artifacts beyond compare. I know I should worship you as the greatest living being and make you my king, but can you slay this rat for me?"

Incredible.

I'm currently playing Fallout 2 (with the restauration patch) for the first time, reached Vault City and learned about the RNC.
Holy shit I didn't expected the map to be half as big as it is. I have to admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed by all there is to do in this game.

I'm getting the game for free
Give me one reason not to play it

You forget that in Skyrim you can be a master of everything.

generally most RPGs don't do that outside of western shit with sidequests that you're going back to earlier towns if you missed them for some reason, you're thinking MMOs, which are trash by default and by design.

He has a point though. Character builds and specializations should be a core feature of any role playing game. Being a master of everything is shit from a role playing perspective.

The problem is that Skyrim handles it like shit, and there is no real reason to ever specialize, since world reactivity and role playing opportunities are non-existent.

A mage will play the exact same game as a fighter, or a thief, or an alchemist.

Skyrim isn't an RPG though
It comes from a traditionally RPG series, but it's all but that

It's more like an action game. It's as much as an RPG as Farcry3

So are Oblivion and FO3/4.

Point is, it's presented as an RPG, Bethesda calls it an RPG, so it should be judged on the basis that it is an RPG, albeit one of the worst in the genre.

So it Runescape without fun?

Again, generally RPGs recognize this and have characters who aren't masters of everything.

Let's take Dragon Quest for example, 3, 6 and 9 have class systems with progressively OP classes, but you have to unlock those or find special rare items to even use those, like Dragon from DQ6 or Sage from DQ3, while many classes are locked off by sidequests in DQ9, but instead of being OP, they end up being different options, or more specialized (examples Armamentalist, Gladiator and Sage).

Generally, the hero has access to the Hero class, which is an all rounder that has access to some of the best passives and regular abilities, but even with your hero in his special class, you need others in a varied group to stay alive and reduce MP costs.

All of it is balanced unless you specifically work towards breaking the game via intense grinding instead of taking down bosses with what you have, and in DQ6's case (that I know from experience) it's designed to bore you if you go down this path with the class system.

As for static class RPGs like Dragon Quest 1, 2, 4, 5 and 8, the protaginists are specifically designed to complement eachother, as is common in most RPGs.

In DQ8 you have a party of 4, one hero who can do anything, but isn't specialized or awesome until late levels, but has a gimmick weapon type that attacks groups, one bandit that excels in single target damage and tanking hits, but sucks at magic, which makes him a great item user, one classical mage with buffs and debuffs, and one Paladin, who's more healing based then combat based.

This is basic design. In DQ1, where you literally only have one party member, you, you can and must do EVERYTHING, but you only face one enemy at a time as a result.

Skyrim is not an RPG, it's an adventure game (albeit a very fucking poor one) with stats, same as the other Bethesda abominations.

Do not confuse the two.

DQ isn't an RPG either you fuckwit. It's a dungeon crawler inspired by Wizardry and the like. You aren't actually roleplaying anything.

Bravo, you just described all jRPGs ever.

Suck a cock. Bethesda calls their turds RPGs. I will judge them on their quality as RPGs.

RPG doesn't mean Roleplaying games anymore. it means you can unlock new skills and level up.

It is literally the first RPG game, with set characters, like the hero from DQ1, the Princes and Princess from DQ2, etc.

Which are also RPGs where you role play as a character you create.

We could go on all fucking day with this with your retarded definition. But we won't because you're a retard.

Dragon Quest is an RPG, not a dungeon crawler, fuckin' deal with it.

Most games nowadays have adopted certain RPG mechanics and elements because publishers have figured out how addictive it is to watch an EXP bar fill up for most people.

Kill yourself.

They're not. They feature combat based on RPG rules, but they are not role playing games, mostly because computers are inherently good at number crunching and displaying combat resolutions.

However, this does not make them role playing games, since they are missing the core feature of actually playing a role.

You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about. It's as much of an RPG as Skyrim is, and by that I mean an adventure game with stats and an inventory.

But it takes forever to get there. That's at least something.

(and yes, it sucks that you can at all)

Contradicting yourself here.

You call Wizardy a dungeon crawler instead of the RPG it is, but you call Dragon Quest not an RPG for having set characters.

So which is it? Isn't Wizardry an rpg because it has created characters? Why is it just a "dungeon crawler" when dungeons are fucking everywhere in RPGs?

Contrarian retard. Get the fuck out.

Are you mentally challenged? Serious question.

Because it is a dungeon crawler you fucking idiot, or are you unable to grasp the difference between it and something like Fallout?

No shit you stupid fuckwit. What have set characters to do with role playing?

No, because you do not role play with said characters. They are meat shields and spell spammers, they have about as much personality and influence on the plot as cardboard cutouts.

Because the whole premise of the game is to navigate a labyrinth, or set of labyrinths, while battling monsters and leveling up your characters to go "deeper" and fight more powerful critters.

Fallout, for example, is more about the narrative, the choices and the consequences the player makes, the combat is a distant second in terms of importance.

but this is literally how the skyrim plays like

I'd say I'd sooner play Skyrim - Resold than I'd go back to Fallout 4(pirated), but that'd imply I'd go back to either.

Guess what? Fed force still sold like shit ,so defending it won't do jack shit.

Any time someone defends a game by saying all games are broken on release now. It just shows what a load of mouth breathing faggots have invaded my hobby.

This fucking bullshit logic spewed from FIGHTAN and ASSFAGGOTS communities is by far the worst I've heard. If the balance isn't broken, why do I need to select a different character to win?

What makes it even better is when they show you anecdotal evidence of one match with one guy managing to beat a top tier with a low tier, implying that this one match and all of the circumstances that come with said match are put on every match.

Fightan and ASSFAGGOTS communities will bend over backwards to defend the developer rather than just telling it like it is "Yeah the balance is fucked and it needs change"

Fuck each and every last one of you people that use this type of shitty ass defense because you don't want to admit that your game is shit. This is the reason why the game industry is in the dumpster.

Quite a bit, if you're not creating a role you may as well be calling it a PG. Especially when there's no real branching skill choices or it's rudimentary at best.

I stopped being friends with someone because they couldn't accept the fact that skyrim wasn't 10/10 GOTYAY.

no its not lol

Fucking story got me near the end with the whole idea that AI was actually doing the good thing but Geneva faggots were too faggoty to care about long-term results and instead opted for the extermination of "rogue" elements

I really hate it when someone calls out legimately bullshit practices and overall shitty content and quality, only to be swarmed by a bunch of faggots who, possesed by nothing but their absolute retardation, think that businesses could and should get away with their bullshit on the basis of "muh capitalism, dey hav to mek de monies xD". It's worse when they claim that the industry will completely die if you don't buy that one shitty, dumbass game the industry really needs to die, though, if it's going to be nothing but cancer anyways.

I know this comes off as something a commie would say, but I'm not against the system nor against the publishers making their money, it's just that they go off the deep end to get that money in the most scummy, shady, and worst ways possible.

What a fucking waste.

Its like when someone accused me of not seeing ghostbusters and saying "Well you havent even seen it so you dont even know. Your statements about it being garbage is wrong now"

I kid you not, the guys who support Ghostniggers were all wearing fedoras in their profile pictures.

Does "Git Gud" work as a defense for God Hand and DMC?

Every time I've tried to explain that Overwatch's microtranshekels is an atrocious and unnecessary design to line pockets, I always get these thrown back at me by my friend who's been sucking Blizzard dick since its inception.

Gets me fucking rustled. Right next to

Believe me it wasn't a waste. It wasn't the disagreement of quality he was outright denying reality in favor of some fantasy land where skyrim is still an RPG. He also quit browsing imageboards in favor of reddit to give you more of a clue as to what type of guy he was.

But Blizzard has to keep those servers up! It's not like Overwatch's retail price nor their other games yield enough benefits!

I knew a Bethesdrone who was part of my skype chat who defended fallout 4. let me find the transcript. this happened in early november of last year.

user: I saw the leaked spoilers to fallout 4.
I'm not impressed that the story was shit and that it's just recycling fallout 3's plot.
Bethesdrone:Thank you for not spoiling

user: already did if you read my post carefully

Bethesdrone: It's been so long since I've played Fallout 3 that I don't even remember the plot

user: Have you seen my daddy?

user: Fallout 4 is already released and follows the stupid tradition of being buggy on launch.
Severe fps drop when using a scope
vid.me/JLcx
Shitty fps indoors; can't even maintain 30. Turning left or right makes it drop even more.
vid.me/5xBk
Astronomical load times for simple transitions.
vid.me/5kSk
meanwhile, MGSV ran smoothly at 60fps at launch.
Bethesdrones in denial will still defend it.

Bethesdrone: It seems like you're trying to find every little way to hate a game you haven't even tried yet

user: well that didn't take long

Other user: I'M HERE BECAUSE METAL GEAR WAS MENTIONED

Bethesdrone: Dude you're judging a game that you yourself haven't played. Every game has bugs at launch, I've never seen a game have a perfect bugless launch, especially an open world game at this scale.

user: games will have bugs no matter what, but not bugs like being unable to play it on fullscreen, dramatic frame drops and constant CtD.
you think Bethesda would do something but no, they keep rushing these projects because they know their bethesdrones will fix the game for them, for free.
Bugs aside, I don't know how you can defend the butchered dialouge trees, making the MC have a voice and making the son the villain and having to kill him or nuke the wasteland.
Bethesda has not done anything great since Morrowind.

Bethessdrone: It's surprising to know that you still have friends

Bethesdrone: Thanks for spoiling the game dick head

user: anytime
youtube.com/watch?v=l83vT2svg3g

Bethesdrone: No seriously, you don't like a game so you have to ruin it for others? I've waited 7 years for this game only to have the plot ruined in 2 seconds.

user: don't get why you would be hyped for a game that was butchered by Bethesda.
I mean new vegas was good, but Obsidian developed it and got fucked over by Todd Howard.
guess you just got swooned by his sweet little lies.

Bethresdrone: It's actually a good game if you actually try it instead of hiding behind your keyboard and being a little edgy hipster warrior.

I'm too ignorant to accept change?
then explain how we went from
This
i.imgur.com/vsiujI5.jpg
To this
i.imgur.com/iqdZmpk.jpg

user: It wasn't a few changes, it's literally Skyrim with guns with a reverse plot from Fallout 3 with butchered dialogue tree
and I won't keep it to myself because I know it's shit and I won't do this "listen and believe bullshit"
THe only reason Bethesda is still in buisness is because they can profit off idiots and casuals who don't know any better and praise the game because it's baby's first open world game.

Bethesdrone: You're literally hating the game because it's made by Bethesda, there's no problem with the dialog tree what so ever. Fallout 3 was just Oblivion with guns. And oh boy you have a whopping TWO MORE dialog choices that don't affect the story in ANY WAY what so ever. GG.

user: There was always more than 4 dialogue choices, all important to not only the story but roleplaying, which is what fallout is supposed to be. because believe it or not, Fallout 1 and 2 had alot more endings than 3 and 4.

user: Fallout 3 was even more butchered than the original fallouts but people will defend it because it was their first fallout despite the fact the game had shit writing, poor art direction and animation

Bethesdrone:Different developer = different game

user: So you admit that black Isle and Obsidian has made a better fallout than bethesda ever will.
well then go and enjoy your game, don't forget to preorder our plastic toys and paid mods.
don't forget the upcoming Elder Scrolls where we will fuck up the lore ever harder up the ass.
youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

Bethesdrone: New Vegas was shit in my opinion

user: Well that says alot about you, lol

Bethesdrone: The story did not meet my standards of approval

user: not black-and-white enough?

Bethesdrone: I was able to complete the damn game in 2 hours, I wasn't even focusing on the main storyline either.

BETHESDRONE HAS LEFT THE CHAT

Other user: He got mad, lol.

But that's true.

Allow me to rephrase

>You can get a really small chance at those in the limited time we're keeping em.
>Or you can pay up and increase your small chance at getting them to get them!

I'm looking forward to remastered Skyrim, assuming there's an actual graphical improvement ,with more usable RAM the porn mods will be amazingly large and good looking.

What is the issue exactly? None of it effects gameplay. Its jewish sure but no point in giving it away for free when you have idiots who throw money at them

(checked)
that glitch happens with several engines.

It's still an attempt to squeeze your wallet by making you feel inferior to the people who spent cash.

He was being sarcastic, user.

sounds like a personal problem.
you're not one of those people who spends $200 on character skins in League of Legends, are you?

are you autistic

I don't play F2P games to begin with.
Microtransactions are psychological war against the player to get them to open their wallet. Maybe you think you are an ubermensch who is invulnerable to the kind of dedicated manipulation that advertisements and microtransactions exert, but most people aren't. Besides, I get physically disgusted by the cloying, transparently contemptuous techniques they use, regardless of their effectiveness. Same reason I use Adblock.

Todd Howard rape victim detected.

bethesdrone detected

Todd Howard produces the best open world roleplaying first person sandbox videogames, and allowing you to mod them.

You are a bitch to complain about freedom. Skyrim was also the most red pilled rpg in history of video games.

I said rpg.

Where's the 400 hours of content you promised me, Todd

And I posted one.

how do you roleplay exactly when you already have a set character?

By choosing whether I want to do lethal, nonlethal, or a mix of both. By choosing whether I want to be stealthy or action-oriented. By choosing how I build my character. By choosing how I want the world to change at the end. Just because you have a set codename doesn't mean it isn't an RPG.

Reddit is an imageboard, friend.

No, it isn't.

so when I am playing fifa and I get to chose wether I want to shoot pass or just dribble I am roleplaying?if I chose wether or not I want to sell my defender am I roleplaying? are strategy games rpgs too?

RPGs let you build a custom character, and give you narrative and mechanical choices. Just because other games have bars to fill now doesn't make them RPGs. Also,
If you have a better definition of "RPG," I'd like to hear it. Otherwise you're just trying to be smug.

Is that why imgur is a thing? You should probably go back.

OP confirmed for young or a short attention span.

if you choose to be pedantic are you roleplaying?

I haven't heard this argument in around 8 years. You are either a fucking moron or 8/10 shitposter.

Even the normalfags called out Oblivion's DLC for being shitty when it happened.

Next you're gonna tell me VtM:Bloodlines isn't an RPG.

Yet here we are in the corner of the internet with people that defend censorship and amiibos simply because "that's how it always wuz". Normalfags are fickle and will gladly not give a fuck after a certain amount of time.

True. I'd also argue the make up of the consumer populace has changed a lot since 2006.

I blame 2007 since it introduced an utterly massive amount of people that would be considered casual by the casuals of yore.

Pics of Paper Mario hanging himself with tears when?