God damn, why haven't I've seen anyone here talk about this game...

God damn, why haven't I've seen anyone here talk about this game? It's like someone took Kirby 64's power combining system and went wild with it.

Any games you like that you never see discussed here?

Because it looks like fucking shit.

Never heard of this, but it sounds mechanically fun. I'll have to give it a go.

The dude's not a great artist, but the game's pretty fun.

I'd play it if it didn't look like something drawn by a 12-year-old deviant art poster. The mechanic itself sounds fun, but a game can't rely solely on a mechanic alone, it needs to have presentable graphics, and this isn't even remotely presentable.

If you end up buying the turbo edition, get if off its itch.io page rather than steam. You'll get a drm free copy and a steam key, in case you really need to play it on steam for some reason.

I refuse to play anything thats still in early access. So I'll wait till it actually gets done (if it ever gets done).

I honestly didn't even realize it was in early access. There's a free, lesser version that the dev made before starting on the turbo edition. It plays mostly the same and is a pretty complete game on its own.

Looks neat, but since according to the devs log, the complete version comes out soon…..I'll hold off for that.

I hold out for the more complete version of games as much as I can. The only place I literally can't is with roguelikes (the vast majority of the classical big ones stay in development for a lifetime).

But user, what if it's fun?

Furfag shit.

Can't wait for school to start.

If the game is anything like Kirby 64, I'll defiantly give it a try.

It's not quite Kirby 64. The powers are almost all projectile based and the game proceeds as a sequence of small, challenge type levels. They aren't Super Meat Boy small, but they aren't typical 2D platformer levels, either. What is 64 is that most powers can be combined up to three at a time. There's a few that can't be combined, but they're mostly specialty powers that are already really strong by themselves.

Seems interesting.
Although, asking for 10 buckaroos seems a bit steep. I'll probably wait until a sale.

Well, there's two playable characters with differences in their story modes, hard mode for each which changes up level layouts and boss patterns, an endless mode with its own bosses, and a level creator. It's got quite a bit of content to it.

Well in that case, I'll put it on my wishlist for the time being.
Thanks for introducing me, user.

It looks like Bangai-O and Gunstar Heroes had a baby. It's the most Treasure game not made by Treasure. I just might pick it up

I'll keep an eye on it.

because it looks like aids.
However that might be forgivable if the game is good. Is it?

I thought it was fantastic. It's a huge improvement over the original, freeware game. There's a lot of moments where it really ramps up, similar to how Wonderful 101 would. It doesn't go quite as far as giant robots in space, but it gets pretty ridiculous at points.

I'd say, try out the freeware version. It's a complete game on its own, and the gameplay is almost completely the same. It never really gets very ridiculous (except maybe for the final boss and extra final boss). The turbo edition just improves the level design, boss fights, and it just adds a lot more to the overall package. You can get the turbo edition drm free from itch.io, so someone may have uploaded it, somewhere, if you'd like to try that out, instead.

All I remember about this game is how you finish the bonus boss off. Looks like it's getting better every year, now.

Also recent additions made the bonus boss different in hard mode and ends with a sidescrolling shooter. Yeah it's fucking kirby.

god it looks so bad

just like salt and sanctuary

like, Im sure its fun but its just so fucking appalling to the eyes

I love how the ultimate secret final boss is just there. On the Cover.

I think the enemies look decent. The main characters, especially Boki, need a lot of work, though.