How have we raised a generation who would rather watch video games being played by other people than play them...

How have we raised a generation who would rather watch video games being played by other people than play them themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice meme faggot.

Because the vast majority of games are shit, about 99.99% of modern games are trash, and the 0.01% that aren't are bland and mediocre compared to the 13% of good games from before 2009.

People in general are becoming more docile to the point where they can't even play video games themselves.

How have we raised a generation who would rather watch sports being played by other people than play them themselves?

The answer is yes, but it happened millennia ago.

Bump because you’re obviously a shill.

I just want to see people's reactions to parts I've played but i quickly found out that my friends have shit taste in vidya and refuse to try mine out. How do you know if you don't like fighters if you've never played one?

with how much youtubers have been making fun of sjw cancer lately I don't mind.

I prefer a generation of that likes to watch people play videogames than the generation of cucks we have now

Firstly, the majority of Holla Forums is >14 year old.
Secondly, the majority of them will never have children.

This. It's probably more entertaining watching a guy play a shit game rather than playing the shit game for yourself.

Professional sports are different, because people enjoy watching highly-skilled players and get invested in particular teams. People who watch sports but never get off the couch to play them get called lazy. Playing video games, however, is already lazy by comparison.

That's fine, but you're kidding yourself if you think more than a tiny minority of lets play views on Youtube are from people who were checking out the game before buying it.

Surrogate friends.

I dont blame them when the games are all shit that think you are retraded. Playing modern games feels like a chore.
I dont get why you weeabos dont love modern games, you love boredom.

what is e-sport

Even if this is a bait thread, I've always enjoyed watching people play games as much as playing them myself.

When I was younger, not everyone had a console or PC, or others had Sega while you had Nintendo etc. We'd go over and play with others or watch others play. I didn't really care if I was playing or not for a lot of games.

Only thing I don't understand is the need for commentary and/or talking face in the bottom of the screen. Even these days if I want to watch someone play, it's usually something I don't want to play that much but watch for the plot if it's any good, such as TLOU, and without commentary.

Maybe it's because the majority of games are shit, they cost a fair amount of money, and you need to research what you're going to be playing if you don't want to waste money.

Watching videos on youtube is cheap.

Don't worry, Alphabet is going to fix that.

Don't blame me you filthy breeder.

Also, paying people money to play video games does not a sport make.

I thought posting an image of Pewdiepie would make things clear, but apparently not. I'm not talking about going over to a friends house (which involves socializing as well as just watching), I'm talking about the immense popularity of let's play videos on Youtube, particularly ones made by people who have nothing to add to the mere content of the game. There's nothing wrong with watching a let's play if the player has insightful commentary to offer (think Matthewmatosis, who has 6-hour videos of him playing games from start to finish). But those videos are a fractional minority, not to mention hugely unpopular by comparison.

If you enjoy watching vydia more than playing it the prblem is not you but the vydia that is as fun to watch as it is to play

I only youtube games i've alrready beaton to wach how the speed runing pros put my vydia skills to shame
Or when the game is one of those visual novels like Telltale games that the (((press))) likes to call point & click adventures
I also youtube games like Soma, Outlast and other good horror titles because i'm a pussy who gets scared shitless when i play them myself

I think this is actually it. People these days are lonely and want to simulate interacting with others. It was never about the video games themselves.

These people come from a generation that rather watch a football game on tv than play it themselves.

these here

that being said, if I ever would watch anyone play a game,
it's merely because they're much better than I probably ever will be.

But user sports and their fanboys are older than babylon.

This. Blame the games industry for making games that are more fun to watch than to play yourself.

You're saying that like games are somehow as important as literature or cinema.

So are video games

Babylon came out in 2002, they're not that old.

bump

Then how long ago was the current year? Asking for a friend (pic related).

I hear the hordes of millenials sobbing that it is the fault of the games.
That's what happens when you aren't an exclusive nintendo gamer.

If you watch screaming faggot playing shit games, it is time to think about what you are,doing.
Turn off the computer and build a tree-house.

Only 90s kids will remember the hanging gardens

b-but the memes! it's like pewpewpie is one of us memers!

match fixing and betting

Vouyerism is the defining feature of contemporary culture.

Also this.

I'd rather watch people play videogames than shitty sitcoms and sports and where ads take up 30% of the airtime.

This. I understand the idea of let's plays even if I don't like them, but why the fucking facecams? I don't understand.

I'll watch a playthrough of an old game I forgot the plot of or a new one I'm not interested in buying but want to know something about, but fuck me. You flat out cannot find a decent playthrough without some autistic manchild screaming commentary over it or some stupid fuck's face trying to ham up his reactions for his viewers

Lol are you guys fucking braindead? This thread is talking about games ANYONE can play, and is easy to play at that. No one here is complaining about peole watching competitive E-sports teams.

People who watch people play sports would never be able to live up to that high of a rank and most people who try only come close or not even, because its such a selective thing. While video games anyone can fucking play unless its a competitive match.

Because people want pretend friends.

We did jack fucking shit. The only thing I've raised was my dog.

post pics of your dog

Rejoice user, one more goyim watching ladyboi304 stream is one less goyim being indoctrinated by the electric jew. It is actually keeping them up at night since 2013.

I usually only watch longplays of old dos click and points in the morning, or some video game related podcast. Lets Plays and Twitch are fucking trash.

Your dog is killing video games, faggot.

Emphasis on was
f

Oh.
I'm sorry, I take that back.

Games are now so shit people would rather watch/listen to commentary of them being played than actually spend time that time on a miserable slog in their lonesome with some pile of trash.

Oh and some people (a lot of people) just have terrible taste. My 14 year old autistmal cunt of a brother loves pubiepie for example.

I like to be entertained, and if the presenter is able to entertain and amuse me I'll watch his shit.
Funhaus amuses me, especially if they play shitty youtuber bait. Ironic, right?

lol y would u watch sports when you can play them instead??? thats so dum like so dum!

Congratulations! You're no different from the drooling masses who see the big lights and weird costumes at a Lady Gaga concert and clap your hands like a downie at a petting zoo!

Top logic there m8.

Probably because games became too cinematic and gameplay stagnated. Since the game part of the game sucks, might as well just watch it.

Also, normalfags. normalfags never liked game games in the first place. It's just a replacement for TV for them.

*means
Holy shit.

because children lack steady parental figures in modern western society. at a young age a kid is sent to pre-school because both the father and mother generally have to go to work. now it's not an inherently bad thing that both parents work to accumulate more money to use that money to bring more comfortable living into their home but when a kid is in pre-school especially ones with like 15-20 kids and 2-3 caretakers it gets the kid all fucked up in the brain and they are all competing for limited parental attention.

then when they get older, most regular school hours from elementary to middle school don't always coincide with parental work hours. luckily you can give that kid an ipad and give him shit to watch which is easier than buying them games or sending them to an after school club .

so you have easily influenced kids spending more time by themselves with access to the internet, the internet they're given probably already have google and youtube pre-installed in it and those two names will direct the user of youtube towards what they assume is the best (most popular) thing for that age group.

so little timmy makes his youtube account and says he's 10 or whatever and youtube puts pewdiepie and markiplier or whatever his name is on the front page, and the kid clicks it cuz its right there in front of him. those lets players or content creators or whatever the fuck pump out a steady stream of content effectively replacing stuff like after school cartoons and keep the kid occupied until their parents get home to make them dinner and fall asleep because they spend their whole day working their balls off to raise this little goblin who now gets a large majority of his influences from what google decided was the best thing for that age group

tl;dr nuke the earth

Ah Clinton voters, at least they are a minority.

clinton wouldn't nuke the earth since even she's smart enough to know she can't make a barren wasteland give her the presidential benefits she craves

Probably because of people like him.

Not smart enough to know what is classified and what isnt after working in the government all her life. This shit will just derail the thread so ill keep it at this shitpost

Not while she has creeping dementia she can.

i got my joke out of the way, i don't wanna talk anymore politics

back to the topic of retarded kids and youtube

this is a big thing, it's TV 2.0, a passive form of entertainment with the bonus of being 100% socially acceptable so everyone does it and just keeps doing it because "hey go home and watch TV that's the thing to do"

if you want to go full tin-foil on it you could say that its a good method to keep the masses both passive and on the same page as one another because they're all fed the same things from the 6 or so networks that control all the smaller networks youtube controlled by google is just the next evolution in this

Don't know and don't really care. I just hope to make some money out of it.

This was the only way I was able to play through Sonic 06, in a group laughing at it the whole time.

GENERATION CUCK

The thing is it wouldn't have a increase of game playing if know one showed it off. Lots of people I know plays more games because of youtube

It's cheaper and you don't need to buy a console or a gaming rig and THEN a 60$ game you might not even like. Also for games you cant find easily without paying 80$+.

Let's Plays are just a new version of TV

Many people just want to be passively entertained. Once they watched the rituals, then they went to plays, then they listened to radio, then they watched TV, now they watch YouTube and Vine. Not everybody is comfortable in facing their mind, especially in the current era, and will seek any method of being able to ignore it.

Then there are the (((people))) who benefit from a docile society

if anything it's a backlash against the current state of the games industry which allows debacles like no mans buy to happen
people want to watch somebody else play a game so they can judge if its any good without having to buy or go out of their way to find a good torrent of it

says more about you than it says about us my buddy

This phrase really struck a chords with me. I used to watch lets players and that's really was the whole point for me, it was to have "friends" without having to do any of the work or put in any of the effort.

No, just look at the non-commentary views for gameplay vids, they are absolutely pathetic compared to Lets Plays. Modern games are so shit that not only would people rather watch other people play them, but they actually require someone making silly faces, screeching and providing commentary on top of it to make it bearable.

user they watch for the personality, the the video games. The majority of people who watch this stuff for video games watch more niche creators. Not a single person I've ever talked to who watched big name people like the Swede cuck in your OP even play vidya.

not the video games

See highly-skilled participants compete against similarly-skilled participants to decide who are the best footballers/handeggers/whatever in the state/country/world

Watch this faggot make funny faces and scream into a microphone
- or -
Watch something similar to the sports example above, except there's very few people to share it with unless it's gookclick.

Video games got a raw deal.

Because learning a skill and applying that skill take time and effort that people aren't willing to put in, and money if they're unwilling to pirate, so they watch someone they find entertaining to do it for them, allowing them to participate in this thing they know as gaming without actually comprehending the effort that goes in on a players behalf to play and beat something.

It's the same fucking thing as these walkathon and sandbox games that are so easy a chimp can join in because they require 0-mastery to play even on the higher difficulties.

Only time it's worth watching someone else play is when they are doing something interesting/unique/difficult. If they are no different or worse at playing than you, then there is no point.

How in the ever living fuck does youtube teach you to be yourself? If you post anything on their you WILL get criticized. I made a couple videos on their too, thank god they didnt get popular.

Please stop this. Learn the language you speak.

I was typing fast and quick, sorry I angered the language gods for my poor grammar.

It is just so weird. I never see people mix up there and their. It is usually there and they're. This is fucking triggering.

When I used Microsoft word it always auto corrected there and their, so even when i used it correctly it changed it to the reverse. So I've gotten used to using the reverse of what is correct.

I think you meant BECAUSE OF? Or maybe DUE TO? fucking retard lmao what a fucking autist of course he would post sonic learn english faggot

Both are retards.

The people who watch people play games wouldn't have anything to do with games if they didn't watch them, because there a bunch of fucking normalfags, your thread is shit

何でやねん。

I don't have kids. I don't plan on having kids anytime soon. I sure as fuck won't raise someone else's kid. Don't come blaming me for this fuck up.

How did your wife raise her son to prefer watching videogames than play them?

Upvoted that bait.

the thing is, granted many sports watchers are just watching it passively because of [x] team that happens to be the same state as them, there is the factor of athleticism and competition in sports that make sense for people to watch it

watching lets plays is weird cuz you're really watching it for the lets players banter and the game is just a weird catalyst for it. its also why i don't hate lets plays on principle or video game related "content creators" because they can be either interesting or entertaining sometimes. i'll gladly watch a youtube video that picks apart a game or shows nifty things within the game in a well presented manner, and i'll watch some clips of lets play guys sometimes if something amusing happened

but that's minor and doesn't compare to the huge names like PDP whom i'm surprised the bubble hasn't burst for yet

I don't understand. Whats the similarity between watching a guy playing a game and screaming for attention and people who work hard to become the best they can and then go against people who are the best they can be?

If he was like "yo Im watching esports" I can see the similarity and esports can be fun to watch too, but as we can see on the computer screen its obviously not meant to be esports.

Sports fans can feel a vicarious thrill from identifying with the achievements of an adopted tribe to offset their lack of success.

Those who are particularly fond of specific LPers and/or streamers might do so as a way to get an approximation of the feeling of enjoying an activity with a close friend.

However, in both sports and video games there are others who have a love of particular games or playing itself and desire to see how other people, who might be more personally skilled, approach it.

nice meme

It's sad really.

I only watch LPs of the games I wouldn't want to play anyway, like FPS games or whatever that have some story I'm vaguely interested in.

Starcraft 2 is a good example. I played Starcraft when I was a kid and beat the game and got invested in the story, but it was a terrible slog because I suck dick at RTS games, especially ones where "micro" is so important. So I had no desire to ever play SC2, but I still wanted to know what was going to happen. So I watched an LP of a guy who was (at least back then…) only doing it as a hobby. He was pretty damn good at RTS games, but not perfect, so it was an entertained run. Plus I got to enjoy the story.

I watch LPs like most people watch movies. There is little difference with a lot of AAA games that are often just extended cutscenes. But I choose who I watch and always stick with the unpopular or marginally popular ones. Once someone starts doing it for a living instead of a hobby, they start to play so many different games that they suck at all of them. There is nothing more painful than watching someone play a game when I'm left feeling "Fuck, I could do that so much better!" This means that I generally avoid watching LPs of games I actually play.

I did watch some Pewdiepie back in the day before he became super-popular, but only for Happy Wheels. That was because it was the kind of game that became more hilarious the more you sucked at it. But I never watched him play any of the horror games because those games are to me as uninteresting to watch as they are to play, and "cringe" doesn't entertain me anymore because I'm not 12.

Nice blog post

People watch LPers and Gaming videos for two main reasons:

That isn't to say the majority of gaming jewtubers aren't cancer, however.

How have we raised a generation that would rather watch niggers throw around balls than play basketball themselves??

On jewtube write "X game playthrough no commentary". There's at least one guy, sounds like a sandnigger by name who does no commentary runs of almost all new games and has them out fast. I remember he uploaded entirety of TLOU on the following release day.

"Longplay" is also a good term to search for, they have no commentary either.

The answer is ENTERTAINMENT.

Sometimes watching stupid and silly shit is fun. Especially if you're drunk. OR with friends.
Sometimes it's just a change of pace.

Watching people making fools of themselves or reacting to something you know is coming can be entertaining.

I played the shit of EDF, but that doesn't mean I didn't find the video of some guy encountering Godzilla for the first time funny. Nay, it made it so much funnier (since Erginus wasn't on the previous PS version).

Yeah, I sometimes watch reaction videos when I fee like it. Why do you think it's an either/or case? You either play games or you watch people play them on you tube? Why not both?

Anything can be entertaining if the guys playing it are entertaining. Even fucking Tetris.

How do i know you're just another NEET?

Anything is fun if you're drunk or with friends. You just destroyed your own post.

That's precisely my point.
Everything can be funny in the right mindset and conditions.

rip Pipes! you were too beautiful for this world

Are you 12

Holy shit you're such a fucking faggot

A lot of games are shitty to play yet entertaining to watch in short bursts.

Then with games that have decent gameplay, it can just be entertaining to see how someone else plays through it. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining than many movies and TV shows now which have had the quality level drop dramatically over the years.

Also have you seen many children's cartoons now? So many are such shit that it's no wonder kids watch Let's Plays instead.

Cartoon Network has only a handful of cartoons they even do anymore. Of those few that are popular, they show on reruns constantly. Whereas with Let's Plays there are at least differences between them and random chat about what's going on that's 'different'.

Newfriend I think you are confused.

do we have an '8ch/v/ youtube recommendation' pic?

Stop acting like this is a new trend. Historically the previous generation was always considered inferior and so on. Like it or not, you're going to die and these people are going to have to keep life going.

Why would you watch people with useless skills playing retarded games?

Are you a newtype of retard?

The only acceptable walktrough is a non-commentary video of a game you can't play.
Yes, i'm looking at you, MGS 4.

well they are on ESPN satan

Just wait until video game developers start integrating popular LPers into their games themselves.

Like you launch your usual 2018 AAA title and suddenly a face appears on the bottom of your screen and
Kids are going to love this!

Are you new here?

By jamming it in their fucking throat whenever they open up the youtube frontpage

It was normal and necessary during the arcades age, so it was bound to make a return.

Every retard can drool his way into this argument and lament that "games need to be played, DUH, not just watched". They miss the fact that resting your spastic hands for a minute is not all bad, and helps you learn from others and communicate.

At least, when whoever you're watching is not braindead. Also, don't mistake let's plays for cutscenes: the first is passive training you're experiencing by proxy, while the latter is proper non gaming.

In their defense, I wouldn't want to play half the games coming out nowadays either.

Why does Pewdiepie remind me of Jesse Pinkman?

I think our grandads used to think this of our parents watching tv

Get with the times you angsty faggot, there must be a few billion people more in the world by now and some of those where bound to like this, some prefer to play games instead, and some still don't like videogames.

Whats wrong with having a look at the game before you buy it? I am not speaking about those faggots with their 15 minutes episodes of every shitty game but rather about a well done edit and review of a game I am interested in.

This should be celebrated since the video game industry can't fuck the people as hard as they used to. No Mans Sky is a good example, I was exited about it, waited until it's release, watched some videos and decided to not buy it.

Let's Plays and 11 year old kids who watch these faggots play the CoD campaign need to be gassed though

It would take way too long to explain, start with "The Society of the Spectacle" and work your way forward.
basically capitalism slowly replaces all real human interaction with the representation of interaction, mostly in order to train docile wage slaves who live in fantasy worlds and who will never rock the boat

>>>Holla Forums

vive is almost like the picture on the left. Shit has to be programmed though and that takes time

proof?

See also: Rifftrax.

They're both praised for being over-emotional.

If poker can be aired on ESPN, I dont see why video games cant be.

Because poker players tend to have better manners than the average e-sports faggot. I don't blame them for shoving that shit in the back.

Depends on the game and the region. NA in general is pretty heated, while Europe is typically more professional. I'm basing this on the pro CS scene, however. I imagine ASSFAGGOTS is cancer all round.

Well it is not a new thing user-kun. Back in 90s, when you weren't here yet, we used to look at our friends playing in arcade (or even kids we didn't know) or in their houses playing vidya. When someone got new game, we just banded together and spend overnight taking turns in playing/watching the game. I remember my older sister often just lurking after my back, watching me playing games and going *pssst* "you are doing it wrong" (or me doing the same thing to my older brother and sister).

You may as well ask: "how have we raised new generation to talk about games on internet boards, rather IRL" or "how have we raised new generation to play in 64 person multi, rather local 4 coop console, or LAN party PC". Life goes on. I still miss, going with my bulky PC and spending hours trying just to connect it via hub to win 98 LAN, or destroying another pad playing contra with my brother or friends. Or just braging, how I beat new warcraft, reading new vidya jurno paper with my friends during school break. Those times will not return. We can only adapt. Support pro gamers let's play, rather than beatup lazy trashbags, twitch sluts or sjw wannabees.

compared to NA, yes.

Poverty.

A bit late in the EU, isn't it?

did someone say nu-type

In the pro CS scene, it is well-known that American teams are typically inferior to European ones. Team rosters are picked based on who gets along with one another rather than who plays well together, strategy and tactics are neglected in favor of simply out-aiming the enemy team, and communication in-game is completely horrible.

I'm talking about turbo autists who play video games competitively for cash, not making a generalization of american or european people.

Yes, sure you little shit capitalism didn'tn noth'ng as da time.

The only buzz word is your other buzzwords and the wage slaves word which is use more describing on what it is then filler.

Nice work fitting in, faggot.

If you ask the same question 1000 times, you'll get the same 1000 answers every time. It's not that they'd RATHER watch, it's that there's more to it than simply watching someone play a game.

It's normal to watch someone cook (entire networks devoted to this), someone have a conversation (talk shows, therapy shows, consultation shows), someone drive (racing, delivery, reality), someone play sports (football, basketball, baseball, hockey), someone eat (food critic shows, chef competitions, restaurant review shows), someone hunt, someone fail (competition shows like American Gladiators or Bonk), shows about people telling you about research they did…

So why all of the sudden when it's someone play video games (and do it entertainingly or really well) does it suddenly become this fucking INCREDIBLY AWFUL THING with everyone being like "YOU CAN PLAY VIDEO GAMES, WHY WATCH SOMEONE ELSE DO IT?!"

I can do all the things that other people do on TV, why do you watch them do it? The answer is simple, because there's more to it than the simple choice that "you'd rather watch someone else do it" that's not why people watch streamers play games, it's because of interesting personalities and playstyles that change how the entire dynamic of the game goes.

Speedrunners put in more time and play into specific parts of the game than you or I are willing to do in order to master those sections and do them well and consistently every time. I play plenty of video games, but I still like to see other people do it too, because observing someone else can help teach you mechanics that you might miss otherwise.

Stop making the same thread, you smug pieces of shit.

You fishing for cuck meme responses?

Childish humor plus something kids like (vidya), available 24/7 from a million uploaders all trying to be the next big thing. How often does a kid get to play new games these days now that renting is dead? Imagine if Nick Arcade was on 24/7 when we were kids.

A bunch of over paid niggers playing a kids ball game so other niggers can riot when "their" team wins/loses. I played football all of highschool but I dont see the appeal, m8.

That's where the purge should begin then. Taking pride in absolutely nothing is the first step toward narcissistic individuals with an overabundance of self-importance.

>twitter taught me to listen and believe

And twitter will be second.

No, but looks like you are.

definitely Holla Forums

fuck off to the >>>/gaschamber/ welfare leech

I have done literally nothing for the past 3 days but masturbate, eat, and watch streams on Twitch.

I keep trying to play various games and I keep dropping them after a few hours. I don't get any sense of enjoyment from vidya anymore.

Please, how the fuck do I fix this? I swear I see other people post shit like this all the time, it's obviously some kind of an issue. How do you have fun again?

Still continental yuropoor shitposting. Shill harder, eurocuck.

Because games are expensive for those who don't sail the high seas?

play old vidya or get a job

How is pirating anything hard?

New games from AAA lack any challenge, and give you too much reward for doing little.

And the games that do give a challenge and appropriate rewards for effort are harder to find.

Ask anons where to find good games.

I'm not talking about the difficulty of pirating. Anyone can pirate anything with enough of a reliable source/client. What would turn them off from pirating would be misconceptions, the lack of a trustworthy source/client, and the moral implications of sailing.

Most people who don't pirate their shit do it because they don't know.

Have you ever looked at the coment sections on any torrent site? One of the most coments is "How the fuck do I open 7zip files?" closely followed by "What do you mean, mount the ISO?"
And that's people that atleast got their torrent client running. Now imagine the ammount of people who don't even know that.
Nigger, ask people who pirate shit how long they've been using computers. And more importantly, how many times they've broken them.

I've had my first contact with a computer when I was 9. And fuck, I was a dumbass and broke a lot of shit, multiple times. Eventually, I had to learn how to fix the shit I broke (or my dad would kill me) and that taught me roughly 85% of what I know about computers.

Now consider that the VAST majority of people using computers barely use it for anything besides facebook. Or music. The most adventurous normalfag is the one that can find a site where he can watch a 360p stream of his favourite Naruto episode. And he calls that pirating while bragging to his friends he watches shit that came from japan ilegally.

What you have, is the same shit most of Linux/GNU community have:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
Shit is easy because you know. And you assume it's easy for others because it's easy for you. It ain't so, nigga.

For the record, I also thought like you a few years ago. I still don't pity them because when I don't know something I go out and learn. IF they don't want to, their choice man.

the ultimate, one true cuckold

I do both. Now give me some advice that isn't shit.

Speaking of piracy, what the fuck do you fuckers do now that Kickass is a honeypot?

I stick to games that I either have, are emulated, or are old enough that the FBI won't bother putting tracking devices on them. I also tend to download from less known places, use nyaa for weeb games and check every file with a run of the mill antivirus. Not perfect, but I'll keep like this until I find a new trustworthy torrent site.

Hey, how's the Soviet Union doing these days?

Such as?

I'm from a spanish speaking country, so I tend to find torrents from sites in spanish, which are way less known and the only real issue would be finding one that isn't filled with viruses

Of course the guy with moeshit saved is some third worlder brown skinned fucking abomination.

WEW all those implications
And yet I'm the only one providing any sort of what could be considered help. Beggars can't be choosers fam

wow, painfully new

what a surprise

I don't want help from you, I want the annihilation of your entire heritage. Taste white fury you fucking baboon.

You probably aren't pure white either fam. Do a check on your heritage, if skin color was the only thing that mattered I probably would be in the clear for the first stage purification.

why do ppl bother what other ppl do or like?

At last you arent slav, where every downroad give you mutant digital ebola

I always thought that they just didn't want to buy games, yet they're too dumb to know how to pirate them.

meh.you're just watching old games with the nostalgia glasses. there aren't that many good games before 2009 either

wew

Because it's launched a sub-industry of games that aren't actually fun to play and are meant to be watched instead, with money coming in from retarded kids who watch their favourite e-celeb play it and then buy it. It's a blight on the industry.

For what purpose?

Maddox is a fucking cuck

The young generation is full of cucks, that's why and that's why literally watching other people play games is like unless they're some crazy jap playing ultimate tetris.

I blame pornography, really. This wasn't such a big problem in the 80s for obvious reasons. Always remember, when you watch others fuck, you are always the cuck.

So they can start their own channel and be just like Pewdiepie or Markiplier or whoever else these idiots watch.

Fuck him for what he pulled with Dick. Dude's having trouble even getting guests for his new podcast because they're worried Maddox won't let them work with him too if they go on The Dick Show.

You should know better than this.

It triggers me when anyone seriously think vidya is a sport and can ever be considered one.

I wonder why Holla Forums defends communism when they'd be the first ones to be shipped to the gulags thanks to no usable skills, or just straight up shot due to their undesirable physical/mental state. And before you say it, no. A commie society wouldn't need 1% of the population being IT guys.

You really are reddit holy shit. Holla Forums shows their retardation more and more every day.

Holy shit the cringe in this thread is too much. I didn't know we had this much autistic under age on h8chan

maddox goes from being based to full cuck as if it's like flipping a switch

There are people here that would rather shitpost than play games.

Since I began watching Twitch streamers in June I've hardly watched any TV or anime at all.

That's the purpose it serves for me anyways. It has replaced mealtime and in-between game time TV and anime.

We've raised a generation with retarded social skills. They lack many of the basic skills needed to form and maintain strong social bonds. Besides, it's hard work!

These videos are not a replacement for the 20th century television. They are a replacement for friends. Go to the comments and forums for these videos and you immediately see the truth of it. The (young) viewers talk about the performers as if they were friends or at least close acquaintances. In reality they have never met and the communication is grossly one-sided. Go to GiantBomb forums and read what these kids have to say. It's quite disturbing. I don't think this is a healthy trend for our culture.

Because they're surrogate friends to children and lonely autists. I know because I fell into that trap a few years ago until I realized every successful JewTuber is a cunt with an ego the size of the fucking moon.

wtf is the problem

games are expensive + some people who play them make jokes and are funny

As long as they don't play shitty games also get purchased less.

But honestly, the pro scenes needs to die down.

I didn't even read the thread at all before posting.

This is a good thing as it will accelerate technology to the point where face to face human contact will be completely optional. I honestly can't wait, I can't stand being around other people. I would much prefer interacting solely with robots and touch screens instead of human beings. It may just be because I live in America, but it seems like everyone is borderline retarded, quick to anger and mentally ill. Whenever anyone tries to talk to me I get a pang of fear because the dipshit could end up pissing itself off based on assumptions and then anything could happen.

You just sound like a massive autist with a superiority complex. Who doesn't even have enough self awareness to realize that you're included in the

You sound like you have poor social skills and most likely autistic

normalfags are the most insecure beings in the known universe so far, once you understand that you can quit being so unschway and git gud

I have great social skills and I know exactly what you mean, you have to avoid any kind of subject there might be a disagreement about (read: 99% of them) because if you share an opinion not exactly in line with theirs, you get targeted. I have a group of 20 something dipshits at my workplace that basically refuse to interact with me because I told them that Pokemon Go is boring.

by the way these are the average gaymers today

After seeing Pokemon GO autism, you aren't special as you think.

Normalfags must be dealt with but running away from them is only encouraging them so I dub de Sir user, Duke of

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

I can confirm this. Anytime you express an opinion or stance the normalfags don't agree with because the ministry of truth told them so, they just shun you completely. They're kind of like retarded pack animals who get scared when the things they are used to in their daily schedules stop happening for them. They can't handle anything new or interesting, and can't think for themselves.

Pretty sad times we live in, really.

Nah

Watching people play games is fine though.

Nice balls!

It doesn't matter, video games are dead.

video games are dead and i'm alive why can't i be dead and video games alive

He does display signs of space autism.

THE COMET GOES ZOOM!

It feels like we jumped a whole spectrum of delusion, from roleplaying as wizards to blindly sucking corporate cock

Honestly I believe the reason Let's Plays are popular is due to simple distribution of resources, as an older sibling, I was the one that my brother's watched play the really long RPGs and shit that can only be played one at a time, so they would just watch me play because there was little chance to play themselves, this went on for years until my second youngest brother liked Let's Plays but still played vidya, but my youngest brother was an absolute bitchy piece of shit that ONLY watches Let's Plays. It's probably due to the large number of families with multiple siblings but only limited consoles and games. This is all anecdotal though.

Professional sports is like professional DOTA. There's a difference between watching a shitty comedian comment on how shit his lane is going for him, and watching the two best American teams duke it out in the semifinals of the world cup. One is appreciating the skill of players and some bit of nationalism, the other is worshiping a personality.

If you look under the name of the op in my pic it says busted, it means he got banned from gtaforums. probably for being a bad goy

I forgot about watching people play at the old arcades. lil greentext for ya
I had completely forgotten this until I read your post.

oh and to add

testing

why would you watch sports? are you stupid or something?

I'm fucking sick of retards not understanding what the word means.
If you're not a 36 year old virgin or older you're a fucking millenial.

The fact that you don't act like a complete and utter faggot like the rest of them means absolutely nothing.

What is a problem is the Z generation or post-millenials, born after 94'.

While millenials still hold a culture of work and desire to better themselves, post-millenials are there just to be triggered at absolutely everything 24 hours a day. All while having extremely shitty opinions about things they know absolutely nothing about.

My point exactly, if skin color is what actually matters then I'm safe myself

It's not like I'm skilled enough to check them myself

What should we call them then?

Faggots, things by their name.

That's awfully broad

Nothing has really changed on that front.
Most people are still the passive media obsessed troglodytes they always have been.
Incapable of coping with failure and instead opt for the schadenfreude derived primarily from watching others fail.
If you removed the ability to scream from letsplayers than practically none of them would have a fanbase.

Then you can find those who watch MLG shit because they are obsessed with competitive gaming.
They commonly hope by watching a top player play that they and their poorly trained low APM hands will be able to mimic their actions.

Finally you have those who watch speed runners who have taken memorization, timing and adaptability beyond what some would think possible.

Gaming as passive entertainment is bigger, but it is still just passive entertainment.
With the way the industry is, is it so hard to image those who would rather watch some attention whore hop up and down while screaming in acted fits of frustration?
If I was growing up in this environment I'm not sure I'd be too particularly fond of videogames.
Many are treated as a service and not a product.
I wouldn't know of a time before DLC.
I'm sure I'd like a handful of popular games only to grow out of videogames because so many are derivative.
I'd see any blue moon challenging game as broken.
I'd see a saturated market of filth and an entertainment journalism industry that is paid to lie to you.
I would probably never play any Japanese games.
The sick thing is that I would watch people play games and if that game didn't have any real skill involved or divergent paths, if it was just a casual on-rails sack of crap, than I just got practically the same entertainment experience as the person playing the game.

People like watching things.
People like video games.
People like humor.
Gee, I wonder why people watch others play video games. It's not as if they always did it as a kid at a friends place or anything. Fuck off. The only problem with let's plays is the amount of walking sims that are now being produced for them.

Hol up.

What other kind of philosopher can there be, even? What the fuck do they even do that would put them above the implied status of "armchair philosopher"?

You know what I meant. All the retards that flood the thread of a basic question with over-complicated answers. It's shitposting via a question that even my fucking grandmother could answer. People like comedy, vidya, and watching mind-numbing bullshit. I do too. Not a hard concept.