Champions

The Crusade continues!
Nintendo, we get it, you don't make video games anymore. You don't have to be so mad all the time though.

archive.is/rGi1x

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DIJVetzaHs
csoonline.com/article/2138380/loss-prevention/intellectual-property-protection-the-basics.html
fireside.gamejolt.com/post/dmca-notices-for-fangames-bzc9h583
archive.is/i4Syf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your own archive says it's pretty doubtful though.

What happened?

Some indie developer made a parody of No Man's Sky during a gamejam and called it No Mario's Sky as a parody. Nintendo put a DMCA on the game even though there was no real need for them to DMCA such a small game made at a gamejam, thus the developer turned it into DMCA's Sky.

So can we have some games where we kill nintendo ceo's and destroy nintendo buildings and shit? Fucking murder the bastards.

I can't blame them, they have to protect their property, even if it's just a stupid name on an unrelated gamejam.

I wish people would get their retarded heads out of their asses and make spiritual successors instead of fan projects.

Excuse you?

So how does it feel defending a company for free on the internet?

That's shit thinking.
Just because something is within your right doesn't mean you aren't a complete asshole for doing it.
There are times when it makes sense and times when it's just abusing power to bully someone.

I wish that too.
As hard as it is we need to be the change we want in the industry and that means letting go of the IPs we loved that are shackled to shit companies.

Lets get real here though.
Why are you faggots still buying Nintendo products?
Also, I contacted the Metroid Constuction dudes and the Romhack.net or whatever and they have both already made archives of their own/ told all their users.

Did you bitch when people talked about on disk DLC?
The nice thing about being human is that we can understand context.

Nintendo

Sega

I haven't bought anything from nintendo since the wii. Last thing I got was just dance for my grandma. To get her off her lazy ass. Everything else I'll just wait for the pc version like I did with all the smash games.

you aint seen shit yet
youtube.com/watch?v=0DIJVetzaHs

Care to share where I can download a plastic figure? Oh, that's right…

I have been playing through the Sega catalog and my experience has been awesome. The devs for the Genesis and Megadrives were on another planet.

>not just the 5kb unlock code isa mee maryo amiibo code

DOING
IT
FOR
FREE

Sega shills, everyone.

Nintendo has been on a DMCA spree taking down free, fan made games and people on here are defending it.

You are just posting b8 at this point.

Shit, you're right, lemme delete my post

The illiterate only deserve smug

ENOUGH!

So how far do you think a company should go to defend their IP's and products/ Let their FUCKING FANS (People who fucking buy their products aka reason they are still a fucking company) Make fan made content.

I assume it's coming at some point. They still have shittons of XBOX games to port too. I haven't played Gun Valkyrie and Otogi in so long and I would love to do so again. There's also Panzer Dragoon and Shinobi.
I really wish any of the ports would show sega people want those IPs too.

The guy posting stupid shit like, "physical downloadable content", is claiming my posts are b8? Do you happen to be a black pot?

I agree, what is wrong with the retards here?

Are you charging for it?

Are they doing it for free?

Is it good?

Is it bad?

it's not that hard.

GUISE

GUIIIISEEEEEEE :V

GUUUIISEEEEE!!!

THEY HAVE TO PROTECT THEIR PROPERTIES!!!

OR ELSE THEY LOSE THEM FOREVER!!!!

FOREVER!!!!

LOST!!!

FOREVER!!!

FOREVER LOST!!!!

csoonline.com/article/2138380/loss-prevention/intellectual-property-protection-the-basics.html

Nobody ever claimed that, sperg

I would understand DMCA's if someone was charging money for a fangame or is getting paid via Patreon to develop said fangame, but what have they got to lose by letting free fangames exist?

There hasn't been a single good video game since 2011, maybe 2007 depending on what you consider good.

Yeah, I just ignore anyone who says THEY HAVE TO PROTECT IT OR THEY LOSE IT.

That's not how it works dinguses.

Who said this was a free fangame?

Who are you quoting?

Have I gone back in time?

am I on cuckchan?

That might not be but these were

fireside.gamejolt.com/post/dmca-notices-for-fangames-bzc9h583

There have been loads of good games coming out.
Not from the AAA side though, just dig more and do some fucking research dude.

Enlighten us, then.

Your mom.

Did you even read the article?

Those got 30% of ad revenue from gamejolt.

Name fucking one.

Yes and nothing indicated that they weren't getting money in some way shape or form from a game that rips off Mario.

As far as I can see every asset in that game was original.

I hope you're only feigning ignorance.

Yes and nothing indicated that they were getting money in some way shape or form from a game that rips off Mario.

Anyways, at this point, Nintendo has sunk to the low of EA, Valve, Sony, Microsoft and Ubishit. Back to old fucking dos games and the genesis.

I just hope Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade doesn't get hit with DMCA notices. Both games are one update away from native controller support, and I don't want to risk that.

I think trademarks should not apply to the software industry. only copyright. so assets and direct code or binary copying can get you sued (no criminal charges though).

Here comes that TPP though.

Yes. We had good times guys too bad it's all over now. Fun while it lasted. I have my 150GB emulator archive. Really, I'll be so busy the next 4 years or so. The gaming industry, Jewywood, and SJW-infested TV can go fuck off and burn themselves to the ground.
Anyone have a DL or torrent link for No Mario's Sky? I'd like to preserve.

I have 5tb of movies,music,video games and books to last me a life time.

WATCH IT BURN

TPP was ended. Holy fuck, pay attention.

I know. Pay attention and read the thread.

Wii U appealed to me with Splatoon and it's gamepad for my poor eyesight. I've yet to jailbreak the thing just because Holla Forums never makes a thread specifically for it like with the 3DS or Vita. Honestly I've given them way too much money lately though and just for the gamecube controller bullshit they owe me.

Well technically you can with 3D printers. Still, I probably wouldn't download a car yet.

wew laddie, you guys are getting slower.

And now we have Obonga giving the UN control over the Internet.

Except there were people claiming that, faggu. When AM2R got hit with a DMCA the threads were filled with faggots claiming its ok to commit legal dicking cause muh ip.

If you want to be anal, there's an RFID chip in each of the figures that contains data, which is used to access features in WiiU games, Russian subway systems, and myriad other applications.

This data is DOWNLOADED FROM THE FIGURE USING NEAR FIELD COMMUNICATION PROTOCOLS, TO THE COMPUTER, HENCE, PHYSICAL DLC.

Hopefully those will be publicly available for the users (from remote servers in Romania) in case shit goes down.

Nintendo should be making videogames, not plastic figures.

Sauce?

Or Canada.

the enforcement clause hasn't been a part of copyright law for 2 years now nintencuck. also, it wasn't making any money.

FUCK NINTENDO

It's not dead yet.

Yeah, I haven't read up on that shit going down with the internet yet.

What a fucking dick move. Regardless of whoever wins the election, would they have any power to stop TTP after the elections if Obongo does this?

Don't forget this gem:
archive.is/i4Syf

The internet is fucking finished just like Nintendo.

Yeah, that was what I was talking about. Glad I finished my archive like a week ago.

I don't believe this. Nintendo is shit, I'm not defending them but I'm positive the creator is just a trolling faggot that knows how to garner attention for his half-assed horse shit.

Nice attempt. "I'll say I don't like Nintendo so I can NIDF without being called out for it, clearly the creator is lying and Nintendo would never do that!"

The assets all look original to me. No actual Mario game has that pastel look, and the enemies are clearly not from any Mario game.

It was from a game jam, it's like 5% of a game. It wasn't even for sale.

Wow, you guys are really assblasted that your ONE TRUE LUV game company is hyperlitigious, huh?

there are people who still defend jewtendo

They will always be here, every section in the video game shithole has fans and defense forces.

What if it was really Sean what's-his-name of Nu-Male's Sky?

Come on now.

Not what this is.

That's what all the gamejolt stuff and AM2R did.

On one hand you gotta be pretty fucking stupid to use someone else's assets but Nintendo are the worst kikes in Japan.

EPIC XD

Isn't this legal under parody law in the US?
Any lawfags here to confirm this?

Okay you got me there.

Amiibo

Protecting doesn't always equal outsourcing your IPs to third parties because your in-house developers suck at making games.

Sanic is worthless, though.

The point of my post was that instead of DMCA'ing people who make fan games, SEGA hired them to make actual games for them.

Holy fuck this thread turned to shit.

I've heard this bullshit about "protecting an IP or else you own it less" repeatedly yet I've never seen anybody actually post any proof there's a single law about that.

I would marry a spider

You know, as shitty of a move this is by Nintendo, the game itself is actually kind of interesting. Nintendo should take a page out of Sega's book and make a retro 2D version of Super Mario Galaxy. Either that, or we convince the devs of this game to make a full game.

Yeah, because they have nothing to lose.

I don't even care what nintendo does at this point, now I just laugh.

yeah, that's the way to earn my trust and respect as a consumer
good job nintendo
it's so clear how much you appreciate your fans

And the point of my post is that Nintendo rather keep their own IPs in house.

Hi, Arin.

Well, I suppose they're concerned about an effect similar to "trademark generization".

You know what a thermos is right? Did you know that "thermos" is a brand name? They're actually called vacuum flasks, but everyone kept calling them thermoses and the thermos company legally lost the ability to sue people for infringing on their trademark.

This is a pretty different situation, but basically, if everybody started to make fan games and Nintendo did not DMCA them, they could legally lose their ability to DMCA fan games if it got out of hand.

I don't think it's happened before, but companies are typically extremely defensive and paranoid enough to avoid taking even the smallest risks with their intellectual property, especially since the very subjective nature of intellectual property makes it difficult to defend, so it's not unreasonable to think "protecting an IP or else you own it less" is what Nintendo is actually concerned about.

>implying Jewtendo will ever let anyone touch their IP unless it's in a controlled environment ala lunar magic mario maker

There is a reason why nintendo was compared to Apple.

so when is smogon getting dcma'd?

DMCA'd for what? Do you even know what smogon is or do you just bitch about it because you don't understand anything?

well, it's a site that uses tons of official assets without permission

Then they'll remove the official assets, maybe replace them with the funnier April Fool's Showdown sprites?

They didn't.
They created these assets themselves.

and what about all the things you can't do that with like ability names and items and moves

Don't bother trying to reason with a Nintendrone.

Those aren't covered by this, retard.

neither way no mario's sky

**was

Using a character or items in your product =/= talking about characters and items

so no one is allowed to be named mario in a game ever again
okay nintendo, gotcha

That's not what I said at all, you intellectually dishonest faggot.

Yeah, I think Italy wants a word with those fucking gooks.

it's what nintendo said

I downloaded the original several days ago. It was made by the Moonman guy. I've been looking forward to that game.

Checked

Why does this look so much like Starbound's art?
That's not a good thing.

This is the most reasonable, underrated post in this thread.

I actually think the art looks closer to Spelunky more than anything.

HIT THE LEVER

disgusting.

Mario Maker is to Lunar Magic like how Bethesda's Snapmap is to Doom wads.

It not great. But if the game is as fun ande interesting as it otherwise appears to be I'm willing to overlook that fault, as much as it pains me.

is this like another Terraria clone?

Underrated post. Niggers in this thread need to learn the basics of trademark law.

The newly elected President doesn't actually gain any powers until they're sworn in on Inauguration Day, which is January 20th. That gives Obama about 2 months to try to push it through. Congress probably won't play ball, though, since public opinion has turned so much against it.

It's half way between a Terraria clone and a Spelunky clone.

Trademarks are not remotely the same as Copyright.

Nowhere did I imply that they were remotely the same. But taking down a fan project because it uses the name Mario would be an enforcement of a trademark, not of copyright. Unless the game was using sprites from Mario games or something retarded like that, of course.

it's fair use because it's for the sake of education and commentary and doesn't compete with the pokemon games. besides, it's in nintendo's favor to allow smogon, serebii, and other such websites to exist; they do nothing but create business.

Most of them are generic words, overall the abilities

Parody is fair use.

Fair use doesn't apply to trademarks, which is what I've been talking about. Are you retarded?

So I played it for a few minutes, it's pretty shit. There's nothing good about any of the "levels." Infinite levels, all of them are flat, all of them are basic as fuck, nothing going on, all the enemies are "Moombas" who just look a little different. The idea of an infinite level Super Mario Galaxy is a nice idea, but this isn't really that at all. The only level that is memorable at all is the game's rendition of the first level of SMB1 which you start on for the very first time before they give you a rocket and tell you to fuck off into the universe and never again see any memorable or decent levels ever again.

So just like NMS?

That's the joke.

if only (((randomly generated))) could actually be good, this would be fucking awesome

It doesn't have to be a fucking joke, though, and if you're saying this is entirely a commentary on NMS then it's kind of off. Because there's no friendly NPCs to interact with, and NMS had multiple types of enemies. Such as enemies with projectiles, and of course the Seers. There's actually stuff to do in NMS, you can keep collecting dictionaries and words and you can build faction with other groups, you can trade your ship for another ship…

You can't do any of that in DMCA's Sky. Also the collision detection is fucking awful, the simple task of doing a curved jump around a block to get on top of the block is almost impossible, I had to use the fucking rocket to do it. If the game thinks a Moomba is too close, even if you are jumping to get on top of it or avoid it, then you automatically die without it even touching you. NMS doesn't have that issue either.

Also in NMS you can upgrade yourself and your ship and acquire new weapons and stuff, in DMCAS you can't even get fireflower power. Imagine fighting off two of Koopa's kids with fireflower power in space… Oh, sorry, we didn't do that either.

You almost got me, Sean Murray.

I have plenty of negative things to say about it, but it's more complete than this fucking thing. To be fair, after 5 years it should. If DMCAS had 5 years, maybe it could be a decent game, but they're never going to develop it further or release the source code so others can.

do you understand what a parody is?

Do you know how to discuss anything moderately instead of going off the fucking deep end into either extreme? I say "the game could be better because X" and then you're like "OH MY GOD, HE DIDN'T COMPLETELY SHIT ON NMS, IT'S SEAN MURRAY"

It's a 72 hour fucking game, the reason it's shit is because there's just not enough time to work on it. Not everything boils down to "GAME PARODYING THE REAL THING, SO THEY MADE IT SHIT INTENTIONALLY"

That's just your fucked up world view.

NO MARIE, NO BUY.

I think you're in the wrong thread.

She can vote, but then she has to go back and make Japan Jōmon again.

But they DID make it shit on purpose. It's just supposed to be a parody of the problems with NMS. Why the fuck are you taking it so seriously, to the point of actual proper criticisms of how it could be a better game?

You're Sean Murray because you're taking a 72 hour Game Jam game meant to poke fun at NMS and taking it so seriously that you're actually comparing it to No Man's Sky.

You just want to moan about ebil old Nintendo.

Fuck off Nintendrone

I hate copyright law

This is advanced baiting.