So do you think this going to be a good sonic game ? I am having high hopes so far

so do you think this going to be a good sonic game ? I am having high hopes so far.
inb4 webm .it's a mirror link not the original source (polygon)

It's too late, the "sonic was never good" meme is part of the consensus now.
This could be as good as S3&K and it wouldn't even matter, most people here never played that game past 10 seconds anyway.

I am absolutely positive it will be good. My only concern is how expensive is it going to be.

probably around 15/20 dollas I suppose. duke nukem is 20

I am not a sonic fan, but I hope it turns out nicely for the non-furry fans on this board

I guess I'll wait for a sale it

They're like a worse DSP.

just borrow it from a friend.

it's like the 90s all over again

Until I see Virtua Fighter or Virtual On brought back from the grave, I ain't patting sega on the back yet

Virtua fighter 6 is happening.
I can't reveal who i am but trust me, there will be big VF announcement pretty soon.

I don't believe you. The best thing that could come out of that trademark renewal is more VF cameos or a VF5:FS PC port

WHO ARE YOU

Just be patient for a little while and good things will happen.
I promise you.

Ok you've got trips I trust you.

If the game is exactly what I think it is, (Essentially a whole new game with extra "classic" levels.) I wouldn't mind paying $30-40 dollars for that. This is clearly a step above what Sega gave for Sonic 4.

Though the trailer itself has me worried though, how it uses "new stages." in the same line of them having classic levels. Makes me think this will be more of a compilement of different modes with only a few new levels.

It's being made by fans of the classic Sonic franchise who have a history of knowing what they're doing. The brand new zone is on par with Sonic 1 and Sonic CD so if you enjoyed them then this won't disappoint.

Still don't believe you or your trips

It's also worth noting that Sega is really swallowing their pride and letting fans create games from their IP's. Check out the Wonder Boy Dragon's Curse remake. I highly recommend this remake if you've never played it on the Master System as it was one of the best games for that system.

Wait did that come out already?

Well, the physics aren't retarded, so it's automatically better than every other Sonic game made after 2000.

On the other hand, it's being made by the type of gigantic faggot that thinks Sonic 2 is better than 3&K/CD, and will therefore feature the awful autopilot level design that killed the series in the first place. You can already see plenty of it in the trailer.

This game was unbelievably good. It's very good that it's getting a remake, especially one of this caliber.

Shit this is great. I'm still surprised how they allow for Rom hacks for that emulator shit on Steam. Quick buck for them but atleast they embrace it rather than fucking people in the ass for creating new things.

I can't wait

it could be the greatest Sonic game ever but reviewers will still rate it badly because "all Sonic games sucks" meme

It doesn't matter what these journalists say, what matters is the people that play and care about the franchise.
We have much more faith in the word of mouth than journalistic reviews.

I believe they started this massive muh sonic always sucked campaign when that Sonic twitter account started to making fun of those shits.

well it's good to know Sega doesn't care about them

Good, i always did like the genesis over the super nintendo.

SEGA DOES CUCKTENDON'T

The only thing Sonic 2 did better than Sonic 3 is having a final boss without any rings available.

Really hope it pays off for them, maybe then other people can see that it's more profitable to ignore these fuckers(though probably not).

It's been going on a lot longer than that, newfag.

As early as Sonic Heroes critics were shitting on Sonic.

I heard that Sony was paying reviewers to shit on Sega but i'm not sure how true that is

I was heartbroken to hear Sega was out of the console race since I live in a third world country who didn't give a shit about consoles or video games in general

What other zones do you think there'll be in Mania? I'm 90% sure that there'll be an ice zone.

It's good to see "based" nintendo being a blight upon video games even 30 years.

Metropolis Zone.
7 Acts.

I hope we get at least 1 Sonic CD zone or a zone inspired by Sonic CD

Sonic Heroes wasnt that good though. Decent but no more than that.

it wasn't good but it wasn't that bad it was just mediocre

Forgot to say, this one is also coming out. Looks like a mix of all the Wonder Boy and Adventure Island games.

Don't forget the best version of Final Fight, even if it was on the CD.

While I think the artstyle and animations are a bit lacking, the interuptions with the dialogue are annoying it does look like it's turning out to be a decent game. Level design and puzzles are shaping up nicely so it should be worth a purchase.

I think a more accurate description is that most of the diehard negative reviews of Heroes were from people playing the PS2 version, which I've heard is way worse than the Xbox and Cube versions (supposedly it runs slower and sounds worse). Most of the middling to positive reviews of Heroes were on either Gamecube or Xbox.

Which isn't what what many reviewers saying of it. A lot of them were treating like an unplayable abortion, which is true if you're playing the PS2 port.

I really wish Sega would release a version of the PS2 reboot game. Yeah it looked generic but it could've cool if they incorporate Vectorman's vehicle transformations and brought in Jon Holland to write new music.

Looks like it could be on par with the original games, or at least better than modern sonic. Will have to wait and see.

I have no idea why everyone seems to think they're the Roger Ebert of vidya nowadays. Even if you didn't like Sonic 1-3, they're still fantastic games.

Yeah I get you, hopefully that's only in the intro. The Underwater theme it has gave me goosebumps though. They really seem to put there hearts into this one.

Played the Gamecube one, so I can't say much.

Can some warlock resurrect old Sega?

fuck off perygen

game looks really good tho

I'm not even a big fan of the originals and even I liked Heroes and Generations plenty.

They days of Sega's golden age ended

But the way things are now we're probably at least back in a silver age

YOU NIGGERS STILL WAITING FOR CUCKTENDO TO MAKE A SEGA CD

Also reminder that the Sega Saturn had the objective best version of Powerslave until the free remake.

For sonic mania to be perfect in my eyes is that it has to have just as much content or more so than sonic 3 and knuckles.

I love it when neo-Holla Forums shows how new it is.

Your newfag is showing.

But he wasn't, he was a corporate planner. Get your facts straight, reddit.

But they aren't as jewy as EA or Activision.

They're just as jewy.

0/10, see me after class.

shill harder

Fuck off, Nintendrone.

Is this your ID by any chance?

Given the track record of the team, we have nothing at all to be worried about and are in for the raddest, way past cool shit OP.

Who cares what a bunch of underage memespouters and cucked journalists say? Sega will follow the money and nothing more. This will be the best selling Sonic game in a long time, mark my words.

Now we can only hope they get the single BR behind Before The Sequel/After The Sequel and his ragtag team of composers onboard for the sequel.

Which is?
I'm not? Why are you bringing trademark up?
It is.
A few spergs on Holla Forums isn't the public.
It isn't.

Remember when Sega magazines included blood in covers featuring Sonic?

Do you remember when knuckles' dad put him in a microwave?

As for Sonic Mania, I get a BTS/ATS vibe from it. So I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic.

Which Sonic style do you prefer?

Modern classic 3D

That's a poor classic picture user. Here have some official classic Sonic art.

Don't consort with blatant shills for long, user. It'll just shit up the thread.
He doesn't quite read like the faggot making those "Stop bullying Nintendo" threads, but I wouldn't be surprised given the presence he's had the past few days.

I always loved this art. Araki would be proud of those poses.
I need a drawfag on Jojo Sonic, stat

when will sega recognize the saturn's greatness

These three Sanics have always been my favorite iterations.

I like this Sonic, especially the pose

He's checking the 2 in the pink

I don't really like that invincibility music. Sounds pretty bland and uninspired.

Has anyone ever tweeted something at the Sonic twitter like "Do you think Tails would make a good babysitter?"

haha yeah just for laughs haha

It looks okay, it doesn't look like they've made the level design any better, the one thing that Sonic truly fails on is level design, which is kind of why Sonic was never as good as Mario.

something something yoshi's eggs something something

I need to know more.

SPIKY AND SAVEGE

Archie Knuckles used to have super strong chaos power. The explanation was that, when Knuckles was still an egg, his dad, Locke, had a bad dream where Knuckles was fighting some ultimate evil. Thus, Locke bombarded Knuckles egg with chaos radiation, turning him into a mutant with chaos powers and hand spikes. Keep in mind I'm heavily abridging this, because Archie in those days was convoluted as fuck, especially where ever Penders was involved.

Moral of the story is, never let Ken Penders write anything for you.

So full of shit it hurts.

You mean that god awful level design, i know right, I can't believe they thought that was good level design.

Just filter his ID

not an argument

Now is the perfect time to announce the Dreamcast 2, Sega.

SNES had good games and more horsepower (aside from the CPU) but Genesis had more polished games that felt meaty. And for 50 bucks less. It's a tough call but i'd probably pick Genesis.

Sega CD for 99 bucks instead of the 299 absurd price would have been a hit. Instead of filling Sonic CD with AMVs, make a 2MB game like Sonic 3 fill up the whole ~600MB of the CD as a longer game.

It would have to be made with proprietary low-fidelity chips. Modern consoles are irrelevant.

A new console with ACTUALLY retro games. Or just manufacture new Staurns/Dreamcasts and release new games for it. No one has ever done this and it would be so fucking amazing if they did.

Someone DID do something like that, they called it the Ouya.

Or they could make a handheld console that's high end instead of garbage. Those are the only consoles that have a good reason to exist.

Zelda BotW might be good. It shows promise. I'll have to wait until I play it to make my final judgment.

Sega nuking the comic out of the fucking orbit was long overdue at that point.

Don't get me started on this fucker that opted to help smear his competition on a national platform instead of come together to defend their industry.

Seriously, fuck Howard Lincoln and fuck Nintendo for basically letting it happen.

It was nintendo that should have died after gc, not sega, and i cannot believe that there are still morons even on this board that without a shred of irony defend this company.

I'm in two minds about this one. I'm not convinced that turning every puzzle into a physics sandbox puzzle will work out. Not a fan that use of bullet time either.

Ken Williams rose to the occasion though, even if Sierra didn't even have much of a relationship with Sega (at that time, they only had King's Quest released for the Master System).

Dreamcast successor soon fellow stalker

Well Sonic games on console were all mediocre to terrible from 1998-2008 so the hate wasn't entirely unfounded back then.

I think I get now why most of you keep jerking off Sega "supporting the fans" in contrast to Nintendo DMCAing every possible thing that moves recently.

I guess Sega console warriors didn't die, they just went to sleep until they find a reason to get up again.

I need to see more stages. Studiopolis is really good though.
I hope the stages are as varied and fun as Sonic 2.
That said, it's the first time I've been excited for a Sonic game since forever.

Sucks that he isn't in games anymore. He was ahead of his time when you consider that people are still trying to censor video games in CURRENT YEAR

It was stated that these levels will be a part of the plot, like Sonic is going to revisit these places. They also said long time ago that the game is longer than Generations and that there will be only one classic level from each game if I recall correctly.

So, that's why there are various shields and special stages rings like in 3&K or music that sounds like OST from CD? Seriously, nigger, the game takes plenty of stuff from each Sonic game, that ring animation was taken from Chaotix, for example. My only complaint is old Sonic sprite though, I like 3&K one better. Oh, and I hope they'll implement insta-shield, there is big demand for it.

It's too late, modern consoles are crap and irrelevant, the market don't need another shitty PC with locked hardware unless Sega can produce the most powerful hardware which would be cheap as well.

Yes, now post your best Eggmans. Eggmen?

now what happens

I wish they hadn't gone full original 16-bit presentation with it. Like with all old games I'm nostalgic for, it's the overall aesthetic I care about, NOT the technology of the time. In fact, in my ideal nostalgia cash-in scenario, the new version would be the original art direction, but made through the fanciest graphics modern tech can provide. Like if you used a time machine to give the original artists modern technology. I am absolutely not nostalgic for old graphics themselves, I'd prefer to leave them behind.

It sucks that new games have the amazing graphical technology but waste it on crap bland grey gritty realism, and old games had the right colorful style but weak graphics. I want to see the best of the old and new in one package.

Imagine the game with hand drawn art and the characters in a style similar to the OVA.

Modern 3D games *could* be colorful, but developers choose to have these mute greyish and brownish tones over and over again.

Ironic that when discussing 8-16 bit era games, there seems to be a competition about which game has the most colorful, vivid graphics, etc.

LGTSS

Sonic 2 vs S3&K for the title of best 2D game. Vote and explain your reasoning.

They went with this style because of the engine. Retro Engine doesn't support high resolutions and this is the best available engine with physics from classic games. Rewriting it would take some time and maybe it's not worth it for the first original 2D Sonic title.

Hopefully they'll try to make Sonic game in HD like that Sonic 2 HD fan project or like Rayman Origins/Legends, but I don't have problems with Retro Engine artstyle personally, maybe because it looks like a Saturn title and because it's unusual to see Saturn-like titles nowadays unlike shitty NES like hipster shit games. I think the devs did a very good job considering engine limitations, I love animations especially and indie hipsters could only dream about such graphics in their "retro" garbage they call games.

It looks great. I KNOW it will be perfect.
The thing is, I feel sad about it because it will take from old Sonic games so the bosses and levels will be hard and I'll keep dying since I suck ass. Oh well, at least the physics, gameplay, plot, music, and aesthetics will be A+.

I only cared about Nintendo and SEGA. SEGA dropped out of the console wars and Nintendo kept going but then gradually became uninspired and shitty. I still play their games though because they're easy to complete and I genuinely like some of their franchises.
Since Nintendo is reaching its detriment I want SEGA to come back. Besides, my heart was with SEGA the whole time anyway.

Pic 2 looks pretty great, a nice fusion of classic and modern.

Speaking of which, the guy who made Before/After the Sequel is currently working on his own game.

What?

Can someone please unfuck my shit?
I swear this is the level from Sonic CD, same graphics, same layout, with a few details changed, and I mean literally just a few different passageways or one little section changed a bit. Also blue spheres ring, some gecko fireball thing, and the rings grow as they get knocked out of you for some odd reason.

I know what we wanted all along is just another game like the old ones but did they seriously just get pissy and copypasta the Sonic CD graphics and level structure wholesale into a "new" game?

I'm confused as hell. It's not like this game didn't already get a PC port like two decades ago.

what do you think of Sonic 2017?

Remember how fucking good some of those comics were before they started to go teen-angst-faggotry and furfag catering? Seems like they switched artists or writers or entire teams every comic or two, or would just hand it back and forth, but some of them were just genuinely enjoyable.

Also Enerjak best villain, all that clan lineage and time travel chaos stuff was pretty inspired.

I think the hand spikes were actually hereditary guardian stuff though.

Is sega ever going to make/port Vanquish/Panzer Dragoon sequels?

You sound like a confused idiot who didn't watch the video. Also, give me the exact Sonic CD level they're "copypasting"

You've made no concessions and have just baldly defended them with no real counterpoints. Nice non argument. Next you'll be defending the treehouse of kiddy diddlers with something along the lines of, "Nuh uh."

They announced they're gonna port more games to PC. Vanquish was on the list of games they're considering.
It's kind of a no-brainer, honestly.

I can't wait for Vanquish to get on PC. All that's missing is Dragon's Crown and I can stop needing to have my PS3 around.

These are the same guys that made freedom planet as well, yeah?

If so, I've got really REALLY good hopes for this game. If not, then at least the people who've made it have come up with a good stable engine.

I want a new Ecco and Comix Zone.

That's even more retarded.

Echidnas lay eggs IRL, user.

Freedom Planet devs wish they were as good as the people working on this game. To explain, Mania runs on Taxman and Stealth's Retro Engine, which is far superior to Freedom Planet's Sonic Worlds engine on several levels.

The Freedom Planet devs are actually working on Freedom Planet 2 at the moment.