Hey guys Wil Wheaton is in it. Doesn't that make you want to play it right away?

Hey guys Wil Wheaton is in it. Doesn't that make you want to play it right away?

Who else /hype/ to play it when the download finishes?

wtf

D&D is still alive? Have they gone shit like VtM or is it still good?

Wew, they certainly know how to tell the last people playing to fuck off

Read a little of 4th and 5th edition, they've gone to shit.

why are you bumping this shill

What makes you think OP was serious?

Holla Forums is a serious place.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

they completely alienated their base

I actually work across from WB Turbine's office, who publishes this game. They just had a huge layoff. On the last day for like half the staff, they threw a giant cookout outside. There was a pig roast, hot dogs, burgers and an ice cream truck. Parents brought their kids. It was a little Kafkaesque, watching them eat all that food and trying to have fun but failing miserably. Anyways, a few days ago I heard a couple of the remaining employees talking. They were discussing who would even hire them after working on such shit games for so long. Apparently the next project is a Batman: Arkham mobile game in the vein of Clash of Clans.

user, that already released maybe a month ago.

Oh yeah, they alienated all of those hardcore 4e fans, poor guys.

How desperate are these people?
Advertising this game as "Featuring that guy you sort of know from the internet/TBBT" smells like the most desperate of moves you could possibly make.

No shit? Wow it must be even worse than I imagined over there.

Yeah, they never really recovered when they moved from 2e to 3rd edition.

And after all that, was it them or someone else like say the marketing dept that thought the words
FEATURING WIL WHEATON
is a good idea.

Jesus christ, I'm afraid to see what the rest of the game is like if THAT'S a selling point.

DDO and LOTR Online were pretty good for awhile. Although I guess if they're still there they probably aren't very good.

Rest of the game doesn't shill shit "DMs" as a selling point for their modules. Worst part is that Wheaton doesn't even DM properly, he talks about his character throughout the adventure; you'll enter a room and get no exposition, just an anecdote about how one time his character did something stupid.

Well that's no surprise.

Ironic shilling is still shilling.

WHO

Some tremendous faggot who was only known for playing a small role as a tremendous faggot in star trek and is now still trying to ride that fame to worm his way into other "nerd" things

And succeeding unfortunately. It must be nice to live off of something you did (poorly) as a child.

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong. Maybe the tagline "featuring Wil Wheaton" isn't a selling point. Maybe it's a warning. Like the game equivalent of a sign saying, "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." If someone sees that shit and still plays it then they've really only got themselves to blame.

Yay, Wil Wheaton, the SJW pope! This makes me want to play this garbage, yes sir!

Now I hope Felicia Day features next update.

I'll be honest, I'm going to be a little sad when LotRO dies.

I haven't played in a long, long time but I remember the PVE being pretty rad.

How?

the Wheaton thing happened a long as fuck time ago, and the active playerbase shitposted about it so hard that Wheaton himself got butthurt
Nobody actually playing the game thought it was a good idea and they all mock him for being a shitty DM. The game itself is pretty okay, but you have to actually have a group of friends to stick together otherwise it gets boring as shit very fast.

Good character creation, decent gameplay. Shitty monetization/P2W exists though.

Shut up, Wesley.

Mortal voyage was the only way to ever play DDO.

I liked how you could technically buy all the expansion packs favor grinding.