Earth Defense Force 4.1 EDF EDF!!!

FUCK IT'S DYING EDITION

Usefull links :
All songs :
youtube.com/watch?v=eH52BgHQ1iw

Weapons list :
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/

Enemy Health:
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html

Multipliers:
Offline 1 or 2 players: 1x HP, 1x ATK
Online 2 players: 2.2x HP, 2.6x ATK
Online 3 players: 2.3x HP, 2.7x ATK
Online 1 or 4 players: 2.4x HP, 2.85x ATK

Other urls found in this thread:

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w
steamcommunity.com/groups/VDFInfinite
nichegamer.com/2016/09/07/d3-publisher-might-teasing-earth-defense-force-5-reveal/
nichegamer.com/2016/09/09/earth-defense-force-5-leaked-prior-to-tokyo-game-show-2016-reveal/
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25956138
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emoticons
translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www50.atwiki.jp/edf_4/pages/5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any cool mods yet?

Worst enemy are the spiders. Fuck them and their annoying webs.

Yeah fuck spiders, especially for W players.
Why is no one playing on hardest ? The only ones that do are fucking gooks.

silly user modding after 2010 doesn't exist

What do most people play on? Inferno?

No, which is odd considering how quickly people figured out how to extract all the game files.

B-but they promised, right…?

Not even, every other faggot plays on Normal.
What is this ? Normalfag central ?

Most people actually only go online to farm/play through easy and normal.
However, chinks usually play on inferno(and they all leave if you wipe so gg)

Must be. Normal is more like Easy in this game.

Fucking japs, man.

Anyone up for some spicy 7am inferno?

Wishlist for next game:
- A new class with insect powers
- Instead of a plain mission list, make it a globe map saying where each mission takes place (IMMERSIVE)
- Ability to swim so falling into the water doesn't turn you into some useless rag unable to even grab pickups
- Underwater missions with new mechanics
- Give WD ability to do an emergency reload instantly by sacrificing a chunk of health
- Separate Fencer's dash property from weapons so you can pick either to dash or super jump regardless of equipment
- Scorpions, mantis and centipedes
- Destructible corpses
- Make armor boxes give more on higher difficulties, and less on lower ones
- Proper chopper and bike controls
- Subtitles (hate missing funny lines because of the screams and booms)
- Cheesier writing
- More in-depth color customization for players
- Bigger kaiju
- Bigger dakka

Grant me half of these and I'll buy the game and all DLC full price day one again

Those are casual shit but the rest are good.

Hold on OP, what do you mean it's dying ?

How is swimming and DECENT CONTROLS casual nigger? I'll give you the WD thing sounds casual, but I mean make it take a big chunk of life for doing that. Like 75% of your total HP

I can do that already.

yeah maybe swimming would be ok

Sea and space missions might be cool.

What's a good loadout for Fencer on Inferno Brute Force? I do alright until the drones show up then I just get overwhelmed

we had no EDF threads since OP left until he/she came back

I want reddit to leave.

SJW's like to shit on tradition and try to force a change in words meanings like that fedoralord kid who goes "im using nigger in the more modern sense where it has no negative connotations and it's like saying brother"

but more on topic. Why aren't you playing EDF more often? for me its because of frequent crashesthat haven't been so frequent lately and general network issues online like people getting dropped from games when you start a map

holy shit an sjw on 8 Holla Forums? It's more likely than you thought.

get out

The player base is diminishing, that's about it.
If you can deal with japs you can still find lots of rooms online though

Nice pronouns faggot.

Any brave soul here to create an Inferno room or something.
Or should I do it?

best bait I've seen all week

I just want a mod that removes the shitty vehicle laser sights and puts in proper crosshairs.

Oh and maybe fixing helis.

git

Anyone up for some inferno

I can understand it for the first playthroughs but you never get any good weapons on easy or normal, its always on hard or harder

I kinda lost desire to keep playing EDF after beating it on normal with Air Raider, the other classes get some neat toys but nothing as fun as the vehicles and too many of the missions don't stand out in memory at all since they're just some random combination of shit in a map with no twists. Missions like Brute Force, the big Balam battle and the second dragon mission are fantastic because they have waves of shit, take a long time and feel like real battles while almost all the rest are just chewing through spawns that all blob together and may as well have been placed procedurally.

If they ever get around to making another one I'd love to see more long and varied missions like those, maybe even bringing in some form of ally command mechanics so you can order around the squads of NPCs and tanks which otherwise just walk to a point and stand there or follow you around slowly and mindlessly.

Tried any of the DLC missions yet?

considering they're remaking the same game since i dunno, 12 years? I won't hold any hopes for major changes except some incremental improvements and spinoffs like the turn based strategy game on ps2 or incest armageddon

EDF is still in better position than for example Dynasty Warriors which got really, really stale and there's no room for the new stuff except making spinoffs with other brands and franchises

I love playing as Air Raider, it's hard to go back to the other classes after it. But try playing on hard, hardest, work your way up to Inferno.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

I'm starting to go into Hardest as a Wing Diver.

Anyone know which weapon takes the place of the Laser Chainsaw, and whats the level it drops?

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w
45 LARG-W3 - 3 horizontal medium laser beams, decent medium range damage, strong hug range damage, side beams surprisingly useful
35 MX Rapier - strong rapier, no reload cost, reloads slowly, don't remember if it is wide or narrow
45 Rapier G Thrust - stronk-ass rapier
Any Idunn is a decent sidegrade or upgrade.
Technically the 50 Cyclone Laser is the replacement, but its function is radically different from the chainsaw, creating a star of slow death centered on your position. Cool, but not very useful for anything other than killing all your friends.

life is suffering

Why you said you can't connect with Holla Forums? We have VDF rooms all the time!
By the way, I'm usually farming online in Monster Party on Inferno.

It dead and I haven't even bought it yet. Damn.

you can play with a lot of japs at 3am which is great for someone who works afternoon shift like me. it seems like enough people play the game they just dont create game rooms. ill make one and constantly have people coming and going despite only seeing like 3 games on the server browser for that difficulty

I've done a bunch of shit on hard and hardest but honestly it just doesn't change enough, you just use the higher number versions of the same loadouts and the missions are still dull.

pick wing diver, pick crimson on inferno, land on top of a tree kill in complete safety. or pick air raider and grind level 2 inferno till you get a flamethrower nereid chopper, then go crimson and wait till your allies die and ants blob below you, unleash flames of purification

That sounds great but I main Fencer

i sorry for your loss, i think one of the dlc missions has a spot where you can walk into a bug nest and shoot some jackhammer straight up until you get bored of phat loot

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WONT CUT THEM ANY SLACK

The plan was to wait for the next sale, whenever that happens. Looking forward to playing with Holla Forums.

I need to start going through hardest. I cleared normal and have a bunch of mission under hard.

Play Mission 14 on Inferno (solo,) retreat to the back of the map until your allies have killed all the flyers, go and pick up the loot, retreat out of sight of the Hectors, wait for your allies to kill them again, pick up the loot, then repeat and then the mission is over.

It'll get you some decent stuff.

I don't quite know how to word this properly, but fencer is the only class with 100% scaling into inferno and can be useful even with shit equipment and 250 armor. Scooting around kiting enemies, picking up distant health, and reviving allies is useful, and even the basic starting shield will reflect inferno projectiles just as well as easy mode. You wont be as useful as someone with guns, but after a bit you'll get some gud and decent gear to become even more useful.

Can confirm that there's more lurkers than hosters. I only ever join existing games as I can't handle the pressure of being host. I just wanna help others kill lots of bugs and slowly increase my completion rate.

THE EDF DEPLOYS!

Have you played online co-op lad? It really is fun with other people.

Yeah, I still got bored. Pretty much all of the co-op oriented stuff is entirely unviable on higher difficulties since vehicles get torn through like paper and explosive weapons FF the whole team so it always ended up being four people all doing their own things.

Explosive weapons require a certain amount of gitgud from everyone - shooter must aim well and not hit flying bits of ants n shit or at least stay where you'll kill only half your team at most and team gotta learn to not fucking get close to large pack of enemies because every time you kill them it's their fucking fault. Hurr durr Wing Diver with Gheists is an exception, shoot those on sight, always.
Vehicles are support weapons and are awesome but a single ant can wreck it if your team are stupid fucks who can't guard Air Rider properly.
Co-op on higher difficulties requires understanding of every class and cooperation!

Reminder that there's a steam group, really should have been linked in
steamcommunity.com/groups/VDFInfinite

A few rounds on Inferno will get you top-tier gear in no time, so don't be afraid of joining VDF inferno rooms, you'll be carried for 2-3 missions but then you'll be able to carry yourself too.

I'd rahter not tbh

Okay, created a room "For the pride of VDF"
Going through Inferno, on mission 56 at the moment.
If you're new I don't mind carrying you for a few low level missions before we can do the real stuff by the way.

Welp, no one came.
If you want a room just post on thread I guess

wew lad

I was just talking about the ones online right now.
Also, don't forget that they also directly link to 8ch right on the fucking front page

this game improves so much if you pretend the giant insects are muslims and the ravagers are jews

I know you have the rooms up all the time but whenever I look they're not there (and this is within minutes of you guys posting that the room is up). I even hang around for a while to see if the game will show up later. No luck though.

I FUCKING HATE RANDOMS

I've been interested in this game for a while, but some things I've seen said have me questioning the idea, now.

I'm not particularly fond of online multiplayer–is there value (single-player mode length and replay value) in this game if you're playing alone?

Pic not related, for the most part.

The game is 90 missions long, there's 4 classes and 5 difficulties. You get a medal per mission beat per character per difficulty.
In order to get 100% completion you need to beat 1800 missions

Yeah, there's a singleplayer with 5 difficulties and over 80 missions, you can get everything from multiplayer in singleplayer and vice versa.
Singleplayer also scales down health and damage so that the enemies aren't too OP, and there's local splitscreen too.

To add on to this, higher difficulties aren't just fatter hp sponges. Enemies will move faster and fire more/faster projectiles. There will be more enemies, mutants, and sometimes additional enemy types will be present that were not in lower difficulty.

Don't forget that the Ai is way better too(I've noticed this for Hectors and Spiders, at least)

Yeah, some things I've seen is hectors with those red exploding shots can juggle you on higher difficulties and spiders and ants have an easier time flanking you with the increased speed.

You guys are making this game sound like the video game counterpart of a foreseen Chosen One.

In all frankness, I'm not 100% averse to online multiplayer–I only am when there's little more to a game than online multiplayer. I'm not a social person, either.

I'm sold.

>played the hell out of 2025 on PS3 with some online friends

It's a bit disheartening trying to unlock all those weapons again alone. I wish cross platform play was mandatory for co-op games.

Just play with Holla Forums to unlock shit then.

Honesty warning, the game gets repetitive after a while. Dont try to blow trough the game one class at a time, the point of having four of them is to shift and vary before you burn yourself out on the game.

Serves you right for being a stubborn nigger and not buying a ps4.

Nah, that's not how I play my games.

I like to take my time with them and enjoy them at my pace. The longer a game lasts, the better.

Stop being a fag and tell me, when you can play. I'm trying to get some people to finish Battle to the Death on Inferno. Manage to finish it yesterday with two AR but the WD didn't get any items and died to the gold ants over and over.
But we finished it.

Why don't you just create a room here then?

Can I still do alright on inferno rooms with decentish weapons if my armor sucks? I'm gonna get one-shotted regardless so

Because I'm not in my home right now.

Depends on the mission and the character mostly(Air Raider and Wing Diver can make do with not much armor sometimes, but it's harder with Fencer and Ranger), but most of the times, yeah.
You'll probably want to favor long range shit though.

benis bump

Just you wait for the Gungnir and Thunder Bow XD

made a room called just 'VDF', doing level 19 on hard, going for a couple hours maybe
i recently started a wing diver in singleplayer, so im more or less focused on getting weapons and shit

put it on hardest at least pls, hard is plain boring with a group even if you have level 0 weapons

done.

fuck. that's it for tonight, i guess

y-you too,

EDF is still crashing? Thats the one thing holding this game back.

Who feels like doing some lesser difficulty playthrough for completon and armor?
I can remove the limits now

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Did EDF 2017 have more sounds on 360? I'm playing it on Vita and my life is empty without that catchy mission complete jingle.

I actually have those, got em early in my farming runs. The Monster-S upsets me though just because it is the only decent sniper after Raijin and not having it makes sniping in hardest or inferno virtually impossible. Thunder snipers have too low of damage and the 40 variants too wide a spread, laser snipers have too short a range and saddening damage, and Gungnir is Gungnir. Monster-S is the only one with long range, exceptionally high damage, and a practical reload time of just one full recharge.

Trust me, you're not missing much anyways.
Due to depleting your shit, it's only really useful at missions where flying and small mobs aren't a thing(There's two with Deroys that are like this) but it isn't much otherwise, it's basically a Stringer with less than 1/3 the damage.
Also, quite useless on multiplayer outside of mission 81 due to the health buffs.

It does 18000, same as Stringer J9, and having it is still better than tickling a giant deroy with a laser or trying to get within 300-90m to use an actually good weapon when that faggot is speeding around at max height spamming instant death lasers halfway across the map. There aren't many missions where a WD needs a strong sniper, but for the few there are she absolutely requires the Monster-S.
I agree that it is mostly useless in MP though since sniping isn't her primary role and all the other classes get significantly better sniper weapons.

No thank you i have actual taste in vidya

nichegamer.com/2016/09/07/d3-publisher-might-teasing-earth-defense-force-5-reveal/

Useless weaksauce weapons and reskins, the only good DLC is the map DLC.

Some of it is useful when just starting out and the decoys are better than the colored ones since they last significantly longer, duration being far more important when you are doing something like placing em on a helicopter to bait a swarm or behind a mountain to misdirect artillery fire. It is also pretty hilarious to place em on single ants and watch em chase their tail.

After uncountable Mission 81 runs, I finally have my Naegling XEM, so let's play a bit normally to commemorate.
Starting on mission 28 on Inferno, the name's Inferno Completion.
Pls come

Nice

About how powerful is everyone who plays? My Fencer only has like 1400 hp, and I don't feel like my weapons are enough yet to beat the game on Hardest. I might grind some more, but I just want to go in an be a badass for my team someday.

Speaking of which how many missions are in each of the DLCs?

26 and 23, if I recall.

It depends, if you're a fencer with a reflector you can probably pull your weight, what level are your weps?

I think most of my stuff is in the high 30s, low 40s range. I might push into some tougher missions to see if I can get some better stuff.

Never again

every single fucking time

Shit's fucked.

Jesus FUCK how are you supposed to handle 20 million fuckers swooping at you one after the other in an infinite fucking chain of fuckery

Do the bridge trick

Anyone wants a room or something

I have no idea what that is

Are you playing right now? I could show you in-game.

No, but just a simple explanation will do

Go to the far left, then north.
Get under the gap between the bridge hole and the end of the map
Agro duragons and spam lasers + balam over you

I meant whale, not balam.
My bad

And it was an idoru+danganronpa game that isn't even going to be translated probably. As expected people hyped over literally nothing.

This game really needs to go on sale for a population boost

Who needs a population boost when you have Holla Forums and japs playing as far as the eye can see?
I know I do

That was announced quite some time ago. The countdown announcement hasn't been made yet, note the fourth game COMING SOON on the TGS page.

I really wish the game got more coverage, for such an awesome game the online/purchases are really low. Guess casuls literally love eating shit if they don't want EDF…

Are pickups shared on co-op? I hope they are or playing with box-hogging pubfags is gonna be torture

online yes, split screen only armor.

honestly, the problem is that the base price is too high. If it was 20 dollars I can see the game being waaaaay more popular.

This, it's a shame they put the game up at such a high price. I'm surprised it still sold this much

same here, the fact that it sold so well despite the price is really impressive.

Japs don't understand how pc works.
Maybe on the next sale, where the number of owners jumps 50%, they'll realize it.

What if I'm playing fencer

Get as far away as possible and spam reflect, I guess.
Dragons don't start the stage aggro'd at you, so use your first minute on the mission to position yourself well.

I tried that but on the second half there's just way too many fuckers to reflect them all before needing to reload shield

Try having a shield in both of your loadouts then, and have a weapon with 90% damage resist so that you can safely reload your shield.

Also, if you have a spare controller plug it in as wind diver with Mirage 15 and keep the trigger pulled.

You got the last tempest yet, buddy?
Now that is pure sex

I am soloing normal mode atm, so no.

Anyone up for some?

Especially on mission 27.

Dat blast radius. That damage.

Fun fact: It still does less damage than a full clip of the master rapier.

It is 30% off on the humbleshit store

Oh wow.
I think you are perhaps the one and only person who has ever been triggered by my avatar. All of these years pretending to be a retard were truly worth it in the long run.
Thank you, my man.

Consider suicide

Here is your new avatar, you earned it

You can stop now

Ebin

Who wants some Inferno?

No thanks, I finally got a reason to live
nichegamer.com/2016/09/09/earth-defense-force-5-leaked-prior-to-tokyo-game-show-2016-reveal/
maybe tomorrow fam

can a 800 armor Air Raider join?

That's nice.
You guys think there'll be a PC version? 4.1 sold better on PC after all.

Shure I guess.
Room name is "Inferno Completion."

No doubt, especially if Xseed (hopefully) is localizing it.

See

sigh

Is there any way to mute your mic other than unplugging it or creating no-chat room?

I wonder if it could because it's a bargain bin shitter.

Go back to Overwatch

I can't seem to gitgud with dual hammers at all. I just don't get how these are supposed to be better than dual gatlings or burst cannons at crowd control

Charge both hammers.
Release both hammers.
When the second hammer is striking, start charging the first hammer.

Dodge / slide out when enemies get too close.

fucking one-man-airstrike here

Not as low as I was hoping but I think this is the best its gonna get.

Where's the cheapest I can legally buy this on PC right now?

Read through the thread and learned that it's on sale at Humble. Charity was set by default to Wikimedia foundation which is like literally giving your money to jews so I decided instead to give money to the Alaskan Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center.
I'm not a US resident, I have never been to Alaska and I will likely never visit.

To that fag who said you can solo crimson inferno with a wing diver by standing on top of a tree. NO YOU CAN'T! First off getting on top and staying on a tree is a bitch, but when you finally do the ants just break it down within 1 or 2 seconds.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pssh,,, nothing personal kid, I just use my Balam instead

humble bundle, unless you want a key from a stolen cc

ok, i snagged my copy so tell me how do i move save from pirate copy

it would suck to join the online games empty handed

You can't HAHAHAHAHA

cheat engine

You can, but it required you to change the ID in the cracked steam.ini to write to your steam ID instead of the crack group's ID.

Overwatch is fucking fine art in comparison to this jank.

well shit, whatever

I was in your same boat, luckily the progress I lost was only a Ranger 50 missions in on normal.

What are you a fucking moron. You do the first two waves as regularly as you can, then when there are no more npcs left on your team you get your ass to the tree. The only way that faggot is going down is if one of your "teammates" clips it with a shot, or you do.

You can also solo it as fencer on inferno as soon as you have a decent flame thrower, but this is more skill and/or luck based of which it sounds like you have very little of either.

How hard is it to sit on a fucking tree and cheese the game

Liar, the ants break the tree down, stop lyng.

Ants crawl over shit, they don't break em.

Does this game have LAN?

It gots steam emu. So technically, yes.

change your default audio input device

Who wants to play some?

Standing on a tree is how I farmed crimson several times. Make sure you aren't using some retarded weapon like electro bows or explosives. Rapier thrust works best with its high dps and narrow cone.
This video shows the easiest method of getting on to a tree. nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25956138

Guide: How to play with japs.
Annoyed that japs always kick you out of their JP only inferno rooms? I've got a foolproof way to blend in.
Only ever use "At your Service"(and variants) and "I'm outta here"(and variants). EDF! and variants are safe too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emoticons
Scroll down to eastern, spam a bunch of those every once in a while.

Pic related, proof that it works.
Remember, FOR THE PRIDE OF EDF

What, I don't fucking get those japs
Dude fuck japs

THERE'S ONLY JAPS PALYING RIGHT NOW FUCKING
SAVE ME
Anyone wants to play?Please?

Herro, interested in any levels/difficulties in particular? I'm pretty bad, the later levels have been pushing my shit in on hard.

Man, I gotta walk my doggo right now, I'll reply again once I'm back. I hope you're still up for it then.

all the faggots are playing on normal and the higher difficulties are jap only

goddamn zipperhead cunts

Yesterday I saved a bunch of japs by doing exactly that.

What's a good fencer loadout for farming 81 solo?

Okay, I'm back now. You still up for it?

Hand cannons or Galleon rapid fire cannon. Use a javelin or reflector + CC weapon to get around(reflectors don't help much here because deflecting ain't much)

a bunch of japs let me in this time and we had a good time

i wonder what they use voice chat for if they don't talk and just make more echo

How the fuck are you suppose to get to 70% without getting burnt out?

Also, do the mission DLCs count towards the completion percentage or do the DLCs have their own completion rate?

You aren't.

DLC has their own completion

Well hopefully it won't happen in the next 450 missions I need.

Fuck me.

Once you remove the limit, can you make some limit off Holla Forums rooms?
It'd make completion much easier for a ton of us.

You don't need to do any of the DLC missions to unlock limits.

it's the little things

Can I have fun solo as a Wing Diver?

I want to watch your Wing Diver have fun solo.

Yes, that's exactly the first thing I did.

Did they save you?

they died and I was stuck falling forever until the the host left

didn't mean to sage, meant to spoiler

tfw farming the same mission 10 times in a row for one drop in particular and it never fucking drops

You don't even know. 100% is a dream.

I'm stuck at 99% myself.
I'm convinced that the Rule of God is just a joke and that it isn't in game by now.

Just 5 minutes after making this it dropped, yes YES YES YES!

Also, to everyone who got 100% weapons already, use this code here in CE:
490 "Pickup One Weapon to Unlock All" Auto Assembler Script [ENABLE] aobscanmodule(WeapUnlockAOB,EDF41.exe,48 89 02 FF C5 48 63) // should be unique alloc(newmem,$1000,"EDF41.exe"+1AF028) label(code) label(return) newmem: code: mov [rdx],rax mov [rdx+4],ebp mov r14,#827 inc ebp jmp return WeapUnlockAOB: jmp code return: registersymbol(WeapUnlockAOB) [DISABLE] WeapUnlockAOB: db 48 89 02 FF C5 unregistersymbol(WeapUnlockAOB) dealloc(newmem)

What does it do? It unlocks all the DLC weapons + the cut weapons(Genocide gun and armaggedon cluster)
But warning, DO NOT USE IT BEFORE YOU GET 100%

Forgot my pic.
Note: The game has 801 regular weapons, 2 cut weapons + 24 DLC weapons

Also, here's how the cut weapons look like.
All classes were supposed to have a god-tier weapon that's insanely strong. Only the air raider one made it into the main game, the ranger's and the wd's were unobtainable but still in the files, and the Fencer's one never made it past prototype stage.

Kill me

And here's them in action

Also, singleplayer only of course. Same thing for DLCs

I'm board, anyone wanna play in a bit?

Just create a room, man

Also post your room info here pls, I want to play

The high altitude launcher and the arm hounds rip shit apart on their own just fine

Gimme a sec and I'll get it going. I
ll be playing on hard, may switch if its to easy though.

GOING UP
room name is VDF

can't find it

Turns out I really only am any good as the Wing Diver after all

See, AR and FC are quite situational. There is pretty much nothing a WD can't do with a rapier and a lance, but you can't use a Caravan to make the work of an Epsilon, or expect to kill drones only with a piercer.

So fucking sick of Meme Squad and the 300 lost pickups per round because lol cant swim.
Someone set up a room for 77 or 81 pls

So in co-op is there nothing you can do when my friend gets randomly kicked from the lobby? Am I supposed to wait awhile or what?

shes cute

I have lots of problems with crashing and the matching now thing, but that never happened to me.

HOLD ME
SAVE ME

It's always jap time forever and ever

The worst part about these ban-happy nip rooms is that they aren't actually any fucking good at the game
FUCKING YELLOWS

Rushing it is actually a really good idea if you can do an extreme amount of damage fast enough as it will prevent the scripted waves from spawning. However, I seriously doubt they'd be coordinated enough to bring a bunch of gungnirs and power packs to slap its shit.

That also completely defeats the point of FARMING, you are supposed to beat one wave at a time and then blast the hive down quickly while someone grabs the 1000 boxes

The enemy health reference in the OP is outdated, my bad.
Here:

Sorry, must've skipped over that part. Although now I'm curious as to why you would farm that mission instead of one of the easier ones that drop higher level stuff and more boxes.

Japs farm some crazy missions because ???
I saw some of them farming Blue Fighters some days ago.

Eh to be fair I'd rather farm some unconventional but varied stuff than grind Machine Squad and Monster Party a hundred times in a row

Or just skip it all.

How's that completion going, lads?

Caveat: I've only played 2025, started on hardest, dropped to hard
Fencer, hitting flying things with a blasthole spear is satisfying as fuck. Zipping around with dash cancelling is also good. I don't even carry a shield anymore.
They all control like shit, apparently fixed in 4.1.
High Altitude impact missles but I'll only carry one or else it feels like the game is being played for me
Deroys
Motherfucking earth eaters on the last level, so many cannons, fucking framerate issues, fuck

They had that in Insect Armageddon.

I'm guessing that website must be a console-tard haven. First comment is someone hoping for a PC version, and the response is very chronically salty.

Who cares, the next 5 comments are people calling him out anyways.

Can you actually kill the godzillas on giant battle without a balam?

Yeup, they are huge damage sponges though.

can't find them on that awfully translated list posted up there

At least 2 million hp, I'd say.
I remember it taking countless master rapier clips to kill one(each does 120k)

tfw finding a hammer weapon that fucking explodes the ground

I know right

once you git gud enough to take on inferno all the fun weapons become suboptimal and you're forced to use boring pewpews that deal gorillion of damage

At least C70 + Bike never stops being effective.

what about the red one? this fucker feels like a mmo world boss

No idea, I haven't gotten to him on Inferno yet.
I'll report when I do, though.But if I could guess I'd say at least 10m

How did this get missed? All weapons categories should get upgrades to be viable to the endgame.

Tons of weapons just never get a level 80-90 tier, which is a real shame.
Out of the top of my head, Firecrackers, acid tank, non-turbo bikes, explosive hammer and long range decoys don't.
Acid tank and long range decoys are the worst offenders, because both are under level 20(and those decoys are also DLC only)

Fuckin hell, this is already the cuhrayzeeist video game experience of my year so far.

Are helicopters meant to control like absolute dogshit, by the way? I have 2 unlocked and both are pure suffering to use.

Yeah.
They ain't that bad once you get good, though.
Also, you're using the catapults wrong, buddy

If you face to the ground, the catapults will shoot straight forward.

kek

does that work with the Javelin Storm ZD too?

THIS GAME IS SO GODDAMN FUN HOLY SHIT
Is Ranger just "man with gun" or does he also get cool shit?

I figured it out.
He had to restart his computer.

He does, but later.
And being the man with gun is the best thing he can do because AF-100 is OP

He's not a man with a gun.
Hes THE man with a gun.
Balls of steel
Massive cock
Chizzled Jaw line
Rippling muscles
Steadfast
Stalwart
Courageous in the face of overwhelming odds
Woman want to fuck him
Huge cock
Selfless
And not scared of any bugs
*hes the middle ground, no weaknesses, large weapon pool, but doesnt really do anything to interesting aside from heal npcs with health pickups**

You'll soon learn the weaknesses of other classes, Ranger has none of them other than that he can't run and thus has to fight like a man!

Ranger's only downside is that he gets outrun by everyone else despite having the fastest regular walking speed, because everyone else has a GO FAST gimmick (no, spamming roll is slow shit too). Outside of that Ranger can handle absolutely any situation by himself no problem

If you say so user

Is anyone doing some hard or hardest? Inferno maybe, but my shit is only lvl 20

Anyone wants to play?
It's jap time again and I don't want to deal with it.

Holy shit, talk about stupid.

First you deal with the hectors and the enemies on the map - usually by hiding beneath the bridge.
then you focus fire on a single hive and don't stop till it's down.
Then you deal with everything it spawned.
You fuck up the ant hole next to it and then move on to the next hive.

Even a 5 years old could figure this out

Meh. There's no point on playing on Inferno anyway.

The most fun weapons get unlocked on Hard.

Lower levels you have shit selection and higher levels are just the same as lower level, except stronger.

A 5 years old could also figure out you are sperging out about the wrong mission

Frankly, the classes balance is shit.

The rangers rifle has a higher RoF and DPS than a fencers giant gattling guns. The rangers sniper rifle deals as much damage as a Feners 35mm cannon (which is fucking huge)
Caliber evidently means shit.

Ranger is a fucked class, since it's "arfiticially" balanced to compete in the same ways,
instead of having a ranger be more flexible (more slots. A dedicated grenade or special slot would be nice, since no one uses those) or a better team player (bonus to friendly NPC's near, ability to command, etc..)

Better enemy AI
Increased enemy speed
Mutants
Rule of G-d
The last tempest
The good plasma batteries
Gungnir
Final Days
90m range flamethrower
And these are just out of the top of my head.

And they can't be dool welded
And they have smaller clips
And they can't be used with a shield either
And no thrust booster
And again, can't be dool welded or used with a shield
smaller clip

C'mon nigger it's a game with leveled weapons, what did you expect?

Class balance really isn't borked, of course if you try to use a class as if it was another it will underperform

Fencer gats aren't for damage, use em to flinchlock swarms of enemies so your friends can kill em without getting fucked.
Also what you want Ranger to be is a Fencer as he is already flexible with 4 slots and a better team player with all his defensive equipment and unique mechanics to prevent his allies from getting hurt.

The point of that is for balance. The Fencer has a superior roll (not even counting dash cancelling), health and can carry 4 weapons, the trade off is his weapons handle like shit, massive recoil, heavy arcing, etc. It's why if you read the blurb it says it's for advanced classes, you have to be able to compensate for shell drop and recoil.

Most satisfying thing in the game. Also you're playing the game exactly right, not grinding armor and using your brains.

Even worse is the faggots that don't even bother grinding and just switch on CE and pull 30k armor out of their ass and then act like they are hot shit

Those are always the funnest to watch. They think their 30k can compensate for skill and rush hordes head on, but on Inferno point blank spiders do like 8k damage, so they quickly die before doing anything useful.
Then they quit to the lobby if you don't res them back on the next 30 seconds.

Really lovely thing about this game is the mandatory FF. If the host is a cunt, it's always satisfying to just mortar them in the face and fling the corpse to the ass end of the map where no one will bother going to rez

If you really want to put someone out of commision, I've found a neat little trick, hard to do though.
Shoot a dragon with a reverse shooter X while he's grabbing that person, due to a problem with the graphic engine he'll go flying, alongside the dragon, to a corner of the map.

I haven't heard of this, sounds like bullshit of course, why even fucking play then? I'm on 2025

Thanks for teaching me nothing faggot

wew, it's taken me like 5 minutes getting health pick ups and just surviving to res someone, that's the best fucking bit

Some fags just play it to win and that's it, I once saw a room where the guy had 30k armor AND got himself a damage multiplier so that every single bullet killed every single enemy.
It was really, really boring and sad to watch.

Fencer is always credit to team

What's your favorite gimmick weapon? I fucking love the Air Tortoise ME, even though it's extremely clunky and situational, but goddamn it's so satisfying to land a hit with

Caravan

That shit fucking saved my squad on hardest last mission!

Bike, that's for sure.

those arent weapons

They are if you stick some turrets or c70 on them

laughing_hectors.jpg

sigh

Create one and post info here, fgt

I really dont get how the fuck the server list works on this

So is that Smart Steam Emu thing safe to use, or am I going to end up handing my account over to some Russian man? As much as I wanna buy this, I'm not sure I can afford it right now

It's safe, but you can only play with other pirates and since it's been a month after the release now don't expect many people.
Pirate it to see if you like the game at least

Good to know, thanks. I imagine it's probably best if I close Steam while using it, though?

And yeah, I've played some of the older games and this one looks just as fun, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it

I only used it once before buying EDF properly, but I'm pretty sure you need steam opened while using it or something.

If you liked the old ones then you'll fucking love this one, it's 10/10 in all aspects bar the grind that's needed for Inferno/unlocking limits in mp

here;s hoping

What do you guys think sandlot will do for EDF5? Not what do you want, but what you think based on their previous work and such. What are you expecting from the announcement later this week?

Same shit, new missions and weapons. Sandlot is a low-effort kind of studio. Most of the work goes into making the art assets.

I'm expecting the same fucking bugs again, but hopefully they'll bring back some of the old ones like the pillbugs and those millipede guys

There any special crack that allows me to play multiplayer on a pirated version or no?

Hopefully it's not techno age and instead 1940s-1980s.

eeeehhhhhh

Oh also bring back the mantis please, that fucker was the coolest thing on Insect Armageddon

Silent Storm had a pretty good way of doing this, all you have to do is have the bizarre sci-fi weapons be top-secret prototypes.

Yes please