Was no thread on this made yesterday?

Was no thread on this made yesterday?

It's official, AM2R is dead and buried, deader than dead. Press F and someone can put it on the vola for you

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!9xdnDTwT!E982vG6OQgHYyMlS2TZ_oKcHbWQpAjDmT5NS-bpC2vo
mediafire.com/download/3oji5pty3yuix2i/AM2R_v1.1_linux_unofficial.tar.gz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who cares?

Thanks for the bump pal

Still a great game for the series anniversary.

We can still download and enjoy it for free, thats what counts for me.

No Metroid games for anyone!

Never heard of it, but if it upsets you then L O L

I just can't believe how fast Nintendo turned even more to shit with Iwata's death
He was the floodgates

Not nearly as fast as people will jump on a thread because they need to tell you they've never heard of something

I didn't know what this is before opening the thread. I still only have a vague idea, but this looks like fucking nothing.

Are you a faggot OP?

OP's probably the guy who's making ASMR2 or whatever and he's looking for sympathy L O L

Of course they would. Can't sell as many copies of Federation Farce if they're getting upstaged by their fans.

which model of nostalgia googles did you buy? the mario one or the T-3100 one with red & black reality distortion field?

Sales were still sub-4000 last I heard

The Virtual Boy?

yes, those, its been 21 years already, isn't it time to take them off?

Check your mailbox.

Is there any company that isn't complete shit right now? Does Sony at least not burn the crops and salt the earth when their neighbors make better potatoes?

Bethesda™, they're great™.

I wanted to talk about Metroid but since you're all so intent on shitposting, why don't you look at Ridley's cock instead?

eh, i'd preffer Samus's futa cock, or even better zero suit fox hyper futa

Sony is shit.

I would argue that in the fan game department, Valve is very friendly. Quite a few don't mind if your fan game is a mod on their game (and thus requires their game to be bought), stand alone fan games are generally less accepted.

What did he mean by this?

I think making a potato salad is better than vidya right now.

Please don't

I won't be giving nintendo any money in the future. Let them rot for this sort of behavior.

Did you fund the potato salad kickstarter goyim?

This is new how?

Here is the game if anyone wants it

version 1.1

mega.nz/#!9xdnDTwT!E982vG6OQgHYyMlS2TZ_oKcHbWQpAjDmT5NS-bpC2vo

AM2R is almost as bad as Federation Force. It takes the tedium, endlessly repeated minibosses, endless backtracking, and painfully slow Spider Ball from Metroid 2, and then throws out everything that made that shit bearable in Metroid 2, so you're left with a game that has nothing except a moderately cool wall-jump that you never get to use because the levels aren't designed for it.

Zero Mission fags should be executed.

Do you think I forgot about the paid mods fiasco?

The horror

Now I'm no expert on Metroid, but doesn't Metroid rely on backtracking? That's how the games feel like they were designed since the original, where as Fed Farce is a co op shooter on system that probably couldn't handle MGS Peace Walker.

Hate to be the one to tell you this exists

I played this. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking.

The 3DS could barely handle Snake Eater, much like the PSP probably wouldn't but even then I doubt it could even handle the co-op portions of PW, given that there are barely any multiplayer games on the 3DS, much less co-op games.

Thats pretty shit, the game is already great probably the 3rd best 2d metroid but it could use one more update to make a few of the bosses more difficult.

Still hats off for the dev, nintendo must be pretty fucking pissed a random Brazilian without even any proper programming knowledge when starting the project made the best Metroid game of the past coming close to 10 years. What a fucking sad state of Nintendo we've lived to see.

Sony was a good and bad thing, but they sure as hell were a more nicer alternative for devs compared to the N64. Shame the Saturn never caught on.

You really can blame $ony for the casual invation after the Wii and movile games happened
Besides, $ony only boosted the numbers of dudebro sportfags that were allready into Vydia thanks to Sega, but what really made their pebtardation go viral was Xbox Live

WHHHHHHHHHHHYYY!!!

It's 2d, how hard can it be?

Not even close. The Wii cannibalized the PS2 audience. The PS2 sold MORE than the Wii. The amount of new consumers the wii brought was negligible, and the damage was done.

The Dev was Argentinian
Being a choryposter myself i had to pick my jaw of the flor when i learned DoctorN64 was a fellow Argie

it works under whine but i want to play this on my sbc shitter

It was already finished and released
What exactly did they hope to accomplish?

Other than bug fixes, it's completed anyway. Unless you find a game breaking world ending bug, it should be alright.

mediafire.com/download/3oji5pty3yuix2i/AM2R_v1.1_linux_unofficial.tar.gz

But he'll never just make it FLOSS because ????

No one cares about that shit.

Because that would still require him to distribute it?

He shoulda spread it while they didn't have his personal email yet, ensures immortality.

Yeah, nobody cares about anyone being able to continue fixing bugs, etc, for the same reason why nobody cares about the game being made "dead and buried in the first place". That makes sense, user, I guess just nobody cares about A2MR.

Ding, ding, ding.

Thanks for letting us know, user.

Where there any updates to the game? I snagged v1.0 day of release but thought it was all brought down soon after.

"FOSS" leaves wriggle room for people who want to exploit you~

that is high in the autismo

Falcom would be great if they had more manpower. But I guess that would require more money, which would result in more people who don't know anything about video games trying make their games more commercial.

They did a minor bugfix that prevented the gravity suit from being rendered on certain drivers

because no FLOSS '3'

What is it with all the literal retards in here? Are they just shills or fanboys that don't want people to see that Nintendo are being dicks yet again?

I, personally, am just resigned to consoleboys being funnyboys anyway o3o

Also, Metroid 2 on the virtual console isn't even the DX version.

There's retards itt on both sides of the fence, what the fuck are you smoking? Mouthbreathing (1) posts that came in to tell you they don't care, some retard trying to start up a console war, it's just the usual bit where one thread in particular becomes hyper-cancerous for no real reason and nothing's really done about it on the part of the mods.

Seems to be more retards than usual on Holla Forums today, wonder if there's been a banning spree on cuckchan (again).

What others updates could the game have?

(you)

Figuratively kill yourself

That was shit, but its not entirely the same thing. As far as I am aware, valve hasn't ever sended a C&D to a fan game of their own series. Quite the opposite, often they promote these games (black mesa, portal stories). Valve does tend to poke at everything and see whatever makes money, but there is no way bethesda wasn't also a driving force for paid mods.

Either way, valve is pretty damn nice to fan games. That they may have been faggots to modders is not entirely related to that (although not fully separate either).

Step it up, stallmans.

Got a link to that?

Fuck off with your flamebait bullshit OP

Bump

nintendo shills on overtime, gotta do damage control in the wake of all those takedowns, 562 projects on gamejolt alone

everything is fine goy buy some more amiibos and federation farce and prepare your body for nx xDDD

I call it like I see it, if you have some reason why this isn't nothing, I'ld like to hear it.

your only source for the guy still working on it is fucking kikeapedia of all things, it's right there in the OP image you fucking triple nigger with cheese. Check the dates, the wiki article is very clearly out of date.

You pulled the thing about the source release straight out of your ass and you're even stupid enough to trust some weeks-old edit from a hotpockets kikeapedia editor over the game's own newsfeed. go back to cuckchan and stop shitting up our board with your faggotry.

Too bad they're going down the path of DLC. I know it's barely anything but I have yet to see a company flirt with it and not go down much harder with it. I think Falcom was the last company of any note to not have ever jewed their customers.

How are they kikes? How is a full game with brand new assets some homebre shit? When did you get that good on baiting?

Is it really dead if anyone anywhere can download it ?
That's sad for the guy and because we won't have any official updates, but that really doesn't change a lot.

what did we do to deserve this future

REMINDER THAT THIS IS OUR 30th ANNIVERSARY GIFT

BE SURE TO BUY ALL THE WIIU REHASHES ON 3DS WHERE THEY LOOK AND PERFORM LIKE SHIT, GOYM

its just so surreal, something "happened" at nintendo.

Well apparently Nintendo does….

Just not enough to make a new Metroid game.

Falcom has a small loyal fanbase.

But do we really want Kiseki and Ys become mainstream?

All you're doing will make people hate Nintenkike even more.

Sony

Jesus Christ the revisionism is reaching meltdown levels.

Nintendo ALWAYS targeted casuals you idiot.

THEY'RE A TOY COMPANY

Fuck now I'm angry.

So what changed since the last time they DMCA'd AM2R? The game was already being passed around, just not on their site.
So yeah, who cares. Why are you so uppity about it now? We got the game, it's circulating. It's not dead, it's on the internet.
Fuck you and your bait thread.

Why do I keep seeing people implying that nintendo didn't shut down fangames before Iwata died?

Good. Justice has been served.
Get your own ideas.

While there certainly are some nintendrones on damage control, there's something else at work here. I've seen a shit ton of threads on multiple boards over the weekend that are filled with people purposely being contrarian to whatever the thread topic is and shitting on it.

They didn't do anything for Metroid's 25th anniversary. Were people really expecting current Nintendo to actually do something for the 30th?

The Wii U flopping seems to have taken them by surprise and now they're confused about what to do. To me, they look rather directionless and unsure of themselves instead of being a confident, cohesive voice. So now they're leaning a bit too much on fickle investor input instead of having a thought out plan.

Here's some Video Games Live, Metroid arrangement to ease the mood.

Nintendo doesn't do jack shit for most of their (internal) franchise anniversaries outside of Mario/Zelda, and yet no one complains about those ones that are missed.

Nobody remembers DK's 35th? The G&W 35th? Pikmin's 15th? Smash Bros 15th? Kid Icarus's upcoming 30th? F-Zero/Star Fox . . . Errr . . . Yoshi whatever? And you don't see Nintendo acknowledge them either.

I can't understand this bizarre expectation for them to have a non spin off Metroid game be released for (or near) the 30th. The shitty thing is with Nintendo upper management having access to the knowledge of all games are being made/published by them at any given time while the dev's don't have that info (for secrecy). NLG would have been blindly moving forward while having probably no idea that they would be ones making the only Metroid related title to be released near the 30th.

Maybe it's got something to do with Obama handing the internet over to the jews? …Come to think of it, Nintendo's C&D spree did start recently, just like YouTube shutting down "hate speech"…

Finished AM2R today, I really enjoyed this. Haven't even touched Metroid 2 yet, and didn't finish super metroid yet, but this game somehow pulled me through.

Is it really real for real? Thanks Satan.

Ohhhh, I see the problem.
You're on Holla Forums.
It's literally always been this way. It's just that summer hasn't winded down yet so it's a bigger shithole than usual.