Games That Would Be Perfect If They Had Mod Support

ITT: Post vidya that'd be perfect if they had official mod support(And PC port if it doesn't have one already).

You can put Dragon's Dogma on that list.

The game is unique in giving you the feeling you really do set out on adventures full of peril and gains, and if we could mod the shit out of it it would make the game perfect.

mod support doesn't always mean good mods though

Sure, but you know what they say about a million monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare.

this

This

Dragon's Dogma was an unfinished game and there's a whole community who would love to finish it for Capcom's lazy ass

Do the japs ever include mod support? Seems mostly like a western and more specifically european concept

Dark Souls and don't need mod support. They would be perfect games if they'd been given more budget and development time.

Since we're asking for the impossible and all

A perfect game wouldn't need modding to fix it.

It's not about "fixing" anything dipshit

YOU DON'T SAY?

Good mod support does.
STALKER has quite a few mods that improve the gameplay despite having less mods than Bethesda games. Yet Bethesda games have few good mods since their support is shit.

The more modders are allowed to do the better the result, basically.

I'd settle for a sequel, or a remake, or an expansion.

Hell, I'd pay Capcom full price again to sell me the same game, but with the missing content included.

There's really nothing like DD out there, no game that has managed to give me the feeling of being on a grand adventure, or that I need to stock up on supplies before heading out.

I honestly cant think of a Japanese development studio that actively supports mods.

Why live?

mods are almost always worse than the base game and often do more to hurt the game in the end. The only games that benefit from modding are ones which have major issues that an amateurish developer failed to address, like stalker or the elder scrolls games. Even then, mods don't make the games good.

I just wanted people fighting on top of the map with unlimited HP and greatswords that turn the entire map into explosions

Live for the hope that someday such a thing might exist.

Nobody forces you to download them. Not an argument.

Spoken like someone who's never modded the fuck out of Project M

I wish developers would release the source code after like 5 years or something to bring games back to life.

What are some good Project M mods?

well that's one way to not even approach the point I made. Good job, you truly are a retard.

I've played hundreds of hours of stalker, with and without mods, several doom, quake, hl1, hl2 mods. You don't really have a point, do you? I appreciate TC's, but most players have a retarded idea for how a game should be designed, most stalker mods are almost as big a joke as the base game.

Project M EX 2.1 is a pretty good pack.

I've spent the last couple days working on balance mods, this is a fucking nightmare without actual tools. What the fuck is pLvar01 in the 03229567 array and why does it change how much damage I take with the bastion augment?

Also daily reminder that 75% of the game's content was cut and Grigori was supposed to be a fake final boss 1/5 of the way through the game before the insane shit like going to the moon began.

You could say that for any game that belongs in this thread and the reverse. If a game is incomplete it would benefit from mod support so the community actually finishes it or of course for the developers to finish it.

You need to lurk moar and familiarize yourself with Holla Forums-core games before posting, onii-fam

Yes and most games are shit, that doesn't mean that noone should ever make games.

the first game I ever played in my life was doom, try refuting the argument instead it might work a little better

The number of good mods is roughly equivalent to the number of good games on the market. Naturally you have to sift through the piles of shit to find the good ones. But when you find the good ones they're the best thing ever. There are many romhacks and user generated content for games that often surpass the original. Look up Portal 2 user made content sometimes. And I'm not talking the maps made within it's dinky little editor. I'm talking the crazy shit people make within the proper Hammer editor. And also try some of the more highly rated Super Metroid romhacks. Hyper Metroid in particular a lot of people tell me is good.

Most games with good mods don't have good mods due to official support. There are plenty of mods for GTA games and non of them have mod support. Stalker mods are fucking great and there is no mod support there. As consoles have shown, official mod support doesn't improve Bethesda games one bit, the real modding on Bethesda games is done with user made tools.
Shit is not as simple as "having mod support", some games are just more "accessible" than others. Japs don't tend to make their games in a way anyone can get their hands into stuff and mod them easily, there are exceptions though.
Also worth mentioning, the perseverance of the modding community is fucking critical, you don't get modding without a caring modding community, the collective effort is what ends up delivering the modding tools that make shit possible.

The difference is that Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma were both clearly unfinished, with a lot of stuff left in the dust that could have helped.
There's a fuck ton of quest stuff and world building in Dark Souls that's clearly missing, even without looking into the development. Dragon's Dogma feels unfinished, even without looking at their grandiose original plan.
A lot of other games don't have that feeling of stuff being missing. They still have a complete experience that doesn't leave you feeling a little bit like you're not getting the full thing.

That's where Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma differ. They have that feeling there of needing more development.

Plus let's be real here. Who wouldn't want to see the community come together and make enough lore-friendly content to create their own community expansion packs?

Ok then go play Demonsteele and tell me why you think mod support made the game worse. I mean how can it actually make the game worse in the first place? You don't have to play all the shitty mods everyone makes, you can either play vanilla or the 0.01% that are quite good.

It is bery dishonorabru to ask the community to fix your game for you, and in their view (where PC games never took off) that is the only purpose of modding. By releasing mod tools, to them that is the same as admitting that you have done such a poor job that you expect the community to do it for you.

Literally all of them

You cannot fix a shitty base with mods.

It's like saying that since most internet artists are shit tier that means nobody should be allowed to make pictures.

Good thing that's not what the thread is about

You said
Can mods fix Bubsy?

Read my OP faggot. This thread is about good games that would be perfect with mod support.

If you had complete mod tools then you could just make something entirely different.

what's there to fix?

I was never talking about fixing anything, mods can make anything interesting

agreed

How about you read the OP?
I don't see "good games" there anywhere

Then you're off topic :^)

Nah, try again

Read the OP

Sorry I expect you to use half your brain and don't spoonfeed you shit.

Already did, literally all games would benefit from mods

Get a room you two love birds.

tbh fam i'm smh

mods dont make that much diference

also OP games are all shit execpt Phatom Pain which is already great

But that's not the topic anonymous. It's about modding games into perfection. And besides that one cannot convert a game that's shit into a master piece through modding. What sense is there in a level editor if the game itself is unplayable?

smh tbh imo fam

DELETE THIS

is not the same as
please learn to read

That's objectively wrong. Updated Stalker CoP is perfectly playable as it is, that doesn't mean it can't be better with mods, hell, there are full conversion mods based on it that offer an unique playing experience (CoC being a good example of that).

I'm not a big fan of mods with custom characters, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

what the fuck is Ninten? is is supposed to be a clever use of "Nintnedo"?

I'm not against OCs though

Who is this semen demon?

But that's exactly the same thing user. How does mod support make a game perfect if not for a mod that is making it perfect?

Do you have autism, is that why you're taking this literally?

Tiger Blood Man.

some arab protestor women's rights from 1960, It was a fairly large gathering of people, maybe a few hundred women or so.

So when you say
I should assume you're a millennial misusing the word. Got it

You mean exaggerating, you autist?

I'm sorry I took your use of the word "literally" in a literal manner anonymous. Are you done moving the goal post?

(you)

(him)

Now you're just baiting aren't you

(Those)

The classic Japanese monster movie feel of EDF 4.1 makes me wish I could mod in a new tokusatsu-style class. Fencers and Wing Divers are fun, but they don't have that zippy toku feel to them. I really want to play as a cyborg bugman that punches the shit out of huge ants, leap kicks monster flies, and fastballs grenades straight at giant robots and dropships.

That's right user, I'm doing it just for you :3c

(He)

At least you're honest

(xer)
Glad we can understand each other

(Wuz)

I understood you the whole time user

(Queens)

(HAS)

('N)

I didn't know how much I needed this until now.

I'd also like to see something with the mobility of the wing divers but with a more industrial/robotic look to them and more weight to make them feel mechanical (the fencers do this well)

shit

They're just waiting for the right moment, right..?

This. AFAIK Witcher 3 has pretty good mod support and they advertised the game using that, but it doesn't have any noteworthy mods or anything

With MGSV it's really painful given just how much they'd always been showing off the never ever SDK throughout development.

No, Witcher 3 has no real mod support. You're thinking of The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2.

Half life has at least 5 mods that are better than the original.

Please do not respond to bait

B-but other people replied moom
Nice dubs

If Nu-Doom had mod support, it'd actually be bretty gud.

Too bad Cuckthesda fucked it up with Denuvo and the shitty wishywashy console-compromise substitute for mod support known as Snapmap.

Bruce Jenner.

Wow. I seriously don't believe that you don't know that Ninten is from the original Mother.

You can mod MGS5
Look up Infinite Haven, there are also weather and model swap mods.

If EA gave up the source code, fans would have reverse-engineered the ultimate SimCity game by now. Instead all we have are a bunch of mods that attempt to stick a bandaid on a game that is brilliant but fundamentally flawed at the core, especially when trying to work on modern computers.

Overwatch

Maybe not perfect, but a lot of its flaws could have been fixed with proper mod support (change ending, cut content, etc.) It wouldn't have been that difficult to make an SDK for an Unreal engine game.