Will this thing work on a CRT tv?

will this thing work on a CRT tv?

i read that it comes only with an HDMI cable, and those cant be plugged into an old tv.

bump

I bet it also doesn't read old cartriges.

lel

bump

You can pick up HDMI-to-VGA black boxes pretty cheap, and I'm sure there are converters for VGA to compound.

Why are you bumping? Don't you understand that this is garbage made for HDTVs?

Even in its trailer it says "HD". Not only that, but NES library is far more superior to shitty 30 games it has.

It shrunk in the wash.

seriously? what a fucking failure for nintendo. they re-release NES and it wont work on old televisions? fail.

well that pisses me off, i never owned a NES and i dont have a widescreen hd tv. i want to pick this up so i can play it on my 90's tv.

Buy chinese nintendo console and cartriges for it. Its cheap as fuck.

Yes they are, they are overrated, take off your nostalgia googles. If this is what defines NES, then NES is shit. They didn't included a single proper RPG for instance, not to mention best japanese titles that thing had.

You can fuck off with your mario, zelda, contra and metroid, which you played like 1000 times already.

why can't shitniggers just emulate and not buy into scams

so is anyone sure it wont have normal cable for CRTs?

well fuck there goes my hope of comfy NES playing

why not just, you know, use a normal NES?

they aren't being made anymore, lol.

Metroid hasn't aged well, but other than that you're a huge faggot.

Why are you buying a prepackaged emulator box? Even a shitty laptop can do everything it does but better.

I bet someone has instructions on how to jury-rig a cartridge reader for the RasPi. Or just fire up an emulator. RasPi has compound video output, although sound is 3.5mm.

This thing has wii-like hardware inside, since it works with classic controller. And it emulates NES, its simple. Its just a toy for hipsters.

I can buy shitty russian/chinese bootleg consoles and have better experience with them.

this is bullshit

i dont want to jump through hoops. here is a good moment for nintendo to give people who never played original nes a chance to live it, and they screwed it up

i fucking hate nintendo. they make a RETRO OLDSCHOOL CONSOLE and they dont even make it compatible with OLD TELEVISIONS.

FUCK YOU NINTENDO, FUCKING RETARDS!

i was so hyped for this, ready to bunker in and 100% each of the 30 games and master them all while laying on a comfy bed reliving the 80s and 90s. what a flop

With today's technology, why can't they just release a cheap revision of the original hardware?

Better yet; you can buy Wii systems for less than 30 bucks and softmod it to play ever NES game and multiple other systems for free

come on now, you also need cables and a remote

Same with ps2, if you want to connect it to crt tv.

I have my personal DVD with bunch of games written with FCEUltra.

wow who would have thought it?

How many "proper" RPGs do you think the console has?

and in the process they fuck over actual nostalgic people who dont own widescreen HDTVs

The NES Classic is apart of a three stage program (the other two being the SNES and N64 models being announced in late 2016 and Q1 2017).
What they're essentially designed to do is introduce a younger market to the original titles via a hipsterishly "cool" method.

What you need to understand is these are not made for you.
I mean, don't take it to heart - playing the old carts on your radiationking style television is awesome and all; but these units are designed to garner interest around specific titles of NES/SNES/N64 titles from a potentially new client base for the upcoming NX.

Every title that is preselected to be on these units is essentially going to be the line-up of NX releases within the first 24 months.

If you've got your old carts, play your old carts.
If you've got the emulators, play your old roms.
These are to strictly to bring new people into the fold and bring those out of the woodwork who "played those old games when they were your age" in the hopes of selling some more NX consoles in 2017.

Some of you have guessed all that, some of you needed a reason to complain.
Either way, 2017 is going to be good to have a HDMI emulator for the Turok series again.

Seriously, go to some non-major vidya stores or outlet malls. You can get a complete Wii set for ridiculously cheap, hell I've seen them starting to pop up in thrift stores for 15 bucks

One of the reasons I'd never buy it is that it only supports included games.

I want to be able to play other games like Castlevania 3 or River City Ransom.

Meanwhile official Sega Mini console:
-support of cartriges
-80 games
-AV cable

well that's gay. thanks for clearing it up i guess.

genesis truly does what nintendont

Enjoy your ears bleeding.

That, user, is because you're a turbohipster.

See, nintendo only cares about fake millenial hipsters. People who probably never actually owned an NES because video games were for filthy nerds back then. Now that things like, say, The Big Bang Theory, have made games popular? They can cash in on all the people that want to be so le nerdy xD. But not your kind of nerd, you disgusting grizzled misogynistic neckbeard. The kinds that wear $30 beanies hand-knit from organic wool, buy pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, and complain about how toxic masculinity is ruining gaming. The kind that never saw Star Wars in a theatre until The Force Awakens, and never even saw the un-butchered versions of the original on VHS. You know exactly what I'm talking about without my drunk ass needing to ramble on about it.

Take pride, user, because if nothing else? You are pure.

Fucking fail.

Let's look at one of your examples. Faxanadu. A "proper" rpg in your opinion despite the fact that levels only really affect the amount of money you have when you continue, and you continue by using a password you can reuse at any time with no effort. The game is also an action adventure title first and formost.

I guess "proper rpg" really meant "any old game with RPG elements" since the NES did indeed have shitloads of such games. However blindly saying this retarded overpriced emulator has "no proper rpg" when it boasts the best (discounting bugs) RPG released in the west is hilariously retarded.

You're trying too hard.

Including at least all 3 FF games and all 4 DQ games wouldn't be a waste. It also, from non-rpgs, doesn't have fucking adventure island, Kung Fu, all of shooting pistol games, DuckTales, has only ONE megaman game, only ONE ninja gaiden, only ONE castlevania, and so on.

Its a shit list of games, deal with it, i won't listen to your shill drivel anymore.

Sorry Nintendo, I will not buy a repurposed Wii

I'm not saying they didn't include enough, I was just pissy FF was overlooked by user, faggot. I don't give a shit about Nintendo's overpriced emulator box.

did*

Nigger i will fight you.
I agree with all the other games being shit though.

We already talked about this last thread. This thing is dogshit and has worse sound than even the worst Genesis emulators.

Buying this is like throwing some money in a fire. Just use Kega Fusion or Regen instead. Those will play the games much more accurately.

Does this shit have HDMI because that would be the only reason I could give a shit versus stuff that wouldn't be giving censorship happy Nintendo money.

They're still being sold.

I saw the prequel trilogy in theaters when I was a teenager.

I'm not exactly proud of this…

Of course it fucking doesn't, it's a plug and play like those 2000 games in one "consoles" that are just the same 5 games over and over with different names.

JRPGs aren't RPGs.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDONT

Isn't that what "retro" MEANS