Is there any game that is literally perfect?

Is there any game that is literally perfect?

Most (if not all) good games have some small/minor issues. Is there a game that is completely flawless with nothing bad to say about it whatsoever?

Super Mario World may be one of the few.

Kirby's Adventure has unfortunate slow down. The 3DS version fixes this.

So, 3DS Kirby's Adventure.

Kirby Super Star Ultra

You probably meant Super Mario Bros. 3.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Tetris?

Perfect in what way?

/thread

We're done here.

Trying to incite a riot, eh?

Also this. But the question is: which version? I pick GB.

Ghost Trick is the only game I've ever considered a 10/10 masterpiece.

Fallout 4

Mario 64
Mario Sunshine fuck you, it is
Arkham City fuck you, it is
Lego Rock Raiders
Metal Slug 3
Rocket League
Half Life 2 but you're mongolian if you haven't played this one yet

Kirby Air ride too.

No such thing. Every game could be improved in some way.

I've heard people criticize it because Lynne is annoying, so a "divisive cat" might make it not quite perfect

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Atelier Rorona+
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Lemmings

We call those faggots.

Prove that it's not perfect.

Also these.

why does Gohan have red hair?

Grandmaster 3

Super Metroid and Ocarina of Time are probably the closest to perfect. At least I can't think of any flaws they have.

Alpha Centauri is as close as a game has ever and likely ever will get to being practically perfect.

The graphics aged of course, but the game shines in every other aspect.

So no glitches or bugs?

Don't forget Skyrim.

Because the artist can't make different characters.

yes he can

Funny thing is I played that just last week and I pretty much agree it doesn't have any real flaw that aren't just autistic nitpicking or extremely subjective opinions.

Trash

Skullgirls and Halo ODST are the closest i've played to flawless games.

The only issue I can think of that's not negligible for them is that when they came out, the price point was higher then it should have been for them; and that's not even an issue with the games themselves.

Every time

define perfect

solid choice

I can't remember any specifically related to the game, but i had a much higher tolerance for that shit in the win98/me era.

The character designs are excellent, the animation is superb, the menu's and UI are gorgeous, the music is fantastic, the backstory is super interesting, there's a ton of quality of life functions, and the gameplay is competitively viable while still being easy enough for somebody not super into fighting games to pick up.

What's this major flaw the game has then?

Thanks for confirming you know nothing about the series user

Final Fantasy Tactics.

Stopped reading there.

please stop

Ah, so you are just baiting then, got it.

Besides that, calling any multiplayer game flawless for this is retarded unless it's "symmetrical" like chess. There are always balance issues even if minor.

No shit, but no game period is flawless. In pratice, the topic is "What are the games you've played that are close to flawless and have the least amount of issues while knocking most things out of the park"

Do you go to Holla Forums? Like at all.

Paper Mario TTYD's only failing is Chapter 4's backtracking.

Nice buzzword, it doesn't mean shit but it sure sounds like something fancy to have on a box.
Nigga what does this shit even mean, you mean characters are viable? as long as you play them with their cookie cutter must have other 2 characters sure.
If they're only playing the retarded AI strictly or people who can't take more then 5 minuets to learn maybe.

Post more smug faggot cat.

Now there's a concept for a flawless game.

Except that isn't the point of the fucking thread.
Op specifically asked it if is possible for a game to be COMPLETELY FLAWLESS.

Doesn't exist. Tetris is pretty fucking close, though.

70%*

I asked him that thing because those SJW types like Holla Forums love to change the meaning of words to make them apply to anything they want

Want negative thing is there to say about Tetris though? What would keep it from being prefect?

There's no such thing as a perfect game because there will always be people who will hate it.

Unless you're talking about bugs and stuff like that of course.

That PS4 version that runs at 10 FPS with drops making speed of the blocks jitter about and eat inputs like a madman.
TLDR: have ubisoft make it

I would argue that only 5 squad members is a little small for a tactics game, and that deep dungeon/midlights deep is only fun the first time you go through it and tedious as fuck afterwards. But other than that, yeah, I can agree its my all time favorite game because of everything else in it.

Super Mario Bros 3

I hope you aren't implying MGR is perfect with that fucking awful camera

MGS3

Anything subjective.

Touhou

Half life.
The first one.
Or Pong. Pong is pretty good.

Plenty.
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania SOTN
Castlevania AOS
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Phantasy Star Online 2
Guilty Gear AC+R
King Of Fighters XIII
Alien Soldier
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 3
Armored Core Last Raven
Hotline Miami
Diablo
Diablo 2 LOD
Risk Of Rain
And a whole shitload of others.
No weakness.

Also,
You're fucking me.

TOP…
KEK!

Is there a worse villain than Cell in DBZ? I don't think so.

If I was to file one complaint about DBZ, it's that everyone looks the same, even by anime standards.

You can't jump.

letting ubisoft handle it

This is the closest to perfect I've ever seen.

The only flaw I could see is that it has manual saves.

That doesn't matter. The level design is built around the fact that you can't jump. You never need to.

I've been meaning to play this. Is the soundtrack good? And I've also heard that it doesn't work on win7. Is that true or bullshit?

Give it a listen yourself, it's one of my favorites for sure.

I don't know about win7 but I've played it on 8 don't worry it's not my primary OS and it runs fine.

0.1/10
this bait is getting stale

JUST

Have you ever met a normalfag?

no

lmao

I'm sorry for your loss.

Even if they did, it doesn't matter. If other people's opinions prevent from enjoying things, then you should just hang yourself right now since there are at least a bunch of horsefuckers enjoying your favourite thing right now.

Such an obscure elitist game list for true gamers amirite?

Sorry for your mom, who has to pay for all that shit.

Played it on Win7 here.

Thanks for proving my point, hipster-chan.

In some regards I still am. If people shame me about my hobbies enough I'll change. But maybe that's a good thing since I'm a degenerate.

Ok cool.
Also the soundtrack's pretty nice.

RCT 1 or 2

I'm a big fan of HL, you are so full of shit it's not even funny.

Red Dead Remption

user please don't say these things

it is

nah

this is one of the few game's where I've gotta say that the only major fault i can think of is due to hardware, that shit needs a good pc port.

Thanks for proving my point, shiteater-chan. Don't be so mad, while hiding behind 3 layers of smug meme images.

I present to you, exhibit A

tetris is a jewish trick

Please leave and take your shit opinions with you.

It's fun, but it's incredibly far from perfect.

I really, really, really like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I think you played the Xbox version, right?

It doesn't let you skip the intro at all the first time you put the disk in after taking it out. I have no idea why and can only blame ubisoft. The PC version doesn't have that problem, luckily.

It's only going to get worse from here.

the fact that the game has DLC means it never had a chance of being perfect.

No Man's Sky.

chess

my nigga

What losers

I actually like Skullgirls but you are a fucking faggot. There is a very good reason why it only has a small cult following. Neither casuals nor competitive players want to play it because it tries to be a "serious" MvsC2.

Like someone above already said its neutral game is almost nonexistent which makes the game a race to who can attack first because most characters can create a near limitless amount of pressure, often while remaining completely safe to counters in the process.

Once you are caught in a block string all you can do is play a shitty guess game because of the sheer amount of resets, feints or mixups players are allowed to have.

To make matters worse a lot of combos can be ended with a hard knockdown which allows the enemy to reposition and attack you on wakeup in a dozen different ways and angles which once again returns you to a shitty guess game.

On its own this shit is pretty bad but when coupled with Marvelesque touch of death combos that can empty 75% of a lifebar in one go it becomes a nightmare.

It's fun to play every once in a while and the art and the lore is great though I'll give you that. Unfortunately MikeZ has drank the cool aid so Labzero can be forgotten about just like Obsidian.

You should try Project Base and Hyper Metroid. The latter's got a bit too much "Where the fuck do I go" but the former is basically just a better super metroid with slightly worse beam sprites.

kill yourself faggot

Stepmania

Looks neat.
I'll have a go at it once I'm done playing the rest of the official releases and AM2R

Dark Souls 3 if pretty much flawless.
I can't come up with a single complaint.
Even the salt it still generates is top tier.
Upcoming DLC looks godly as well.
11/10 game.

Carebears get out.

You're nostalgia blind as fuck

One of it's stats is broken and they don't plan to fix it, that alone stops it from being flawless.

Majin Buu

Nigger Half-Life 2 is an absolute bundle of wasted potential, go look up the beta files that leaked in the early 2000s and the other stuff leaked to Facepunch a few weeks ago.

Ehehe, thanks for supporting my point, boys.

/thread

Todd please

I'm not saying poise working or not is good or bad, just that it being in there when it does nothing is bloat, and thus imperfect. You can act like a smug retard all you want but it doesn't make you less retarded.

It works. There is a huge thread on reddit with calculations and shit.
It just isn't flat out invisible bar like in DS1.

all these things you said is when he wasnt perfect. Beisdes the gohan part.
Perfect cell is even stronger then majin vegeta I think.

Terraria

Repetitive. There are quite a few different and interesting weapons, but most of the game is getting new tiers of equipment with better stats and identical functionality.

This bad boy right there. Solid 10/10, no drawbacks.

I bet you think mario is repetitive.

You know what?
Tetris it's fucking boring. Every puzzle game like that it's boring. there's no challenge in trying to do the same thing over and over faster and i don't give a shit about high scores.

there, i said it.

I honestly don't think there is a single flaw with Dustforce.

There were several bugs, along with inconsistent hit detection.

Tumblr noses

You mean, besides the grind and the bullshit with prime blueprints drops ? It's good alright, but not perfect.

Add to that no content, p2w, constant nerfing anything fun or good for players, constant buffing annoying shit, terrible customization UI, shitty UI in general and suddenly you can't even call it "good".
It's a mixed bag of cool ideas and fresh steaming horse shit thrown into your face.

The move actually exists in the game, it's one of the triple techs. Embed related, the tech is arc impulse (should be the 2nd one in the video)

That's not garlic Jr.

only reason he wasn't put away sooner was because goku was deadagain

Goku was nearly at Perfect Cell's level when they fought, and he was only SSJ. Majin Vegeta fought an SSJ2 Goku who had been training nearly non-stop for seven years after and was giving him a hard time. It just takes a bit of basic math to see Majin Vegeta heavily outclassed any Cell.

I am talking about perfect cell when he comes back after self destructing.

Piccolo says that majin vegeta is stronger then gohan by the time he fights majin buu.
But Cell was stronger than gohan when he came back after regenerating.

This is so satisfying to watch.

Regenerating didn't make Cell that much stronger, considering he still got beat by a heavily injured Gohan with a teeny tiny bit of help from Vegeta.

It's a fantastic game, but some AC fights are plain bullshit if you're not prepared for them.

And Yamcha, Krillin, Tien and Piccolo firing off Ki blasts.

And Goku helping Gohan in the beam struggle.

It was a collective team effort.

Oh yeah, Cell was really feeling their attacks.
Words of encouragement don't literally add energy to an attack.

someone never watched dbz

You'll just have to imagine the smug anime face

How many times are we going to post this?

No

fuck no.

Still, chrono man looks a lot like he's ready to go SS4, and the main reason Vegetable doesn't look like Carrot cake is on account of his resting bitch face. Maybe I'm just racist against Saiyans who aren't bald. also, not as bad sameface as Scott Pilgrim

The GDQ events fucking suck lately, but that Tetris event in AGDQ 2015 was goddamn amazing.

Yeah the TGM3 guy ended up getting GM just after the event.

You liking it or not has no impact on Tetris being perfect or not. You are an imperfect being, with likes and dislikes. You dislike puzzle games. Tetris is still a perfect puzzle game. I don't like Tetris all that much either, but at least I can see how it's perfect anyway.

This.

The only thing that is the same across all characters is angry eyes.

I just wish it wasn't constantly changing resolutions on PC.

This. You can give DBZ shit for a lot of things, but "characters looking the same" isn't one of them. Pretty much every character who isn't either a generic background character/mook who dies in 2 minutes or intentionally supposed to look similar to another has a pretty distinct appearance.

There is nothing that is literally perfect. You should settle for the best title in its genre.

Space Invaders

F.E.A.R. would be somewhere on this imaginary list I presume.

I remember the first Call of Duty being fairly good as well.

This, and Vagrant Story

Portal

I'd like to thighfuck Filia and tittyfuck Valentine until I'm jizzing dry, but Skullgirls' character designs are bland at best aside from their particular assets.

Skullgirls is a touch of death game moreso than Marvel, in which a round ends pretty much on the first two hits landed, which is the exact opposite of being easy for anyone to get into. The only reason why people call it a newbie friendly fighting game is because it reads a player's attempts to input 360s for Cerebella, and every character uses QCFs and DPs.

It would've been better as a RPG or beat em up. I bet you've never played any other fighting game before too.

Tetris.

Anyone can pick it up. Anyone can master it given enough time and dedication.

We're talking of Tetris in its purest form, so no "hur dur ubisoft ver. is awful", because, yes it is, but that creates a fallacy where any version of a game can be judged as awful and deem all other versions awful by proxy.

My nigger. But the arcade version is still the best

FUCK YOU!!!

LEGO ROCK RAIDERS IS GOD!!!!

Second Gen Pokemon was the perfect sequel and a perfect game overall. Doesn't mean it's the best game ever, but definitely flawless.

Regenerating made him incredibly strong user.

And that beam struggle was mostly cells power, gohan merely shoved it back at him.

Vegeta did not even damage him it pushed him off balanced making it impossible to hold it and because of that he got overwhelemed.

as
Said it was a team effort, no one was damaging cell but applying pressure to him which worked.

fucking plebs

I guess a lot of games would be considered literally perfect.

But constantly speeding up all players will eventually reach a place in the game where they are challenged as long as they play until they lose.

also

The only flaw in splinter cell chaos theory is that it has manual saves.
What save system would improve it?

Almost nearly perfect.

Hey
Hey user
Guess what

Back
To
Basics

is he supposed to be impressive?

Enjoy your 75% health stunlock combos in your perfect fighting game.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

But didn't he get tricked to death?

But he didn't die, he's on mars or some shit with a bunch of other hims because He survives made in heavens skipping entire universes beginnings and endings over and over on loop and so does every new universes incarnation of him

Araki drew that fucking shit when he didn't have to, he must have not seen any issue there.

I would say Bayonetta comes very damn close for a more modern example, the only glaring flaw being QTEs

Cancerous autism in its natural habitat.

That mission is hard on purpose. It's a specific number of rock raiders that you can't go over or else slimy slug will invade your base forever. It's like the oxygen level ones. You can't call more than I think it's 7 rock raiders per supply station, but that's your own fault for not figuring it out before.

Does it even matter?

If you, yourself, aren't The Perfect Gamer, would you even be able to appreciate The Perfect Game?

Like a lot of suggestions, great game, not perfect.

System Shock 1
Doom 1
Thief 2
StarWars Dark Forces 1,2 Outcast
Metroid Fusion
Megamans (classic 2, Battle Network 3, X1-3, Zero)
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest 8
SMB3 and world
NFS: Shift
GTA San Andreas
Devil May Cry 3
MGS 3 Eats Snek
Cave Story+
DK 64
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
Zelda Link to the Past and Fadora's mask

I think people here don't know what "perfect" means. For each of your suggestions there's at least one criticism that'll make you go "well yeah that could be better, but -" yes the game is still amazing you asshole, but it's not perfect.

My favorite game (DX) isn't perfect, and neither is yours. This is a shitty bait thread.

But it is!

Low level curve.

Yeah, nah, mario 64 and Sunshine are the only true 3d mario games, the rest is dull linear trash that doesn't even have the fun of the classic sidescrolling.

there is no such thing as a %100 perfect game without any glitches or bugs, that said my "perfect game" list is:

LoZ: OoT
LoZ: MJ
Mario 64
Perfect Dark
Silent Hill 2
Super Mario World and 3
Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3
MGS 1 and 3
Castlevania Bloodlines
Castlevania SOTN
DOOM 1 and 2
Super Metroid
Tactics Ogre
Half Life 1 and 2
Deus Ex 1
Starcraft
Harvest Moon 64 and PS1

and some other ones, none of them are absolutely perfect but i still have a lot fun with them no matter what year it's.

Placement of new types is awful. You can't get any dark types unless you evolve Eevee or reach Kanto.

They do when your son is a bitch and needs a kick in the ass.

This was a good thread.

That or Bogley woods, otherwise an absolute treasure

The more complex a game is the more likely it is that it's imperfect by an exponential amount. Puzzle and Sports games have a very high chance of being close to perfect. Honestly perfection does not mean good or excellence, sometimes a flaw can be quite a fun thing and gives a game character.

The problem most of the time is that most modern games don't really excel in any area, but don't have much of any flaws to speak of. Everything is so average that it's sickening, that's why I like most shit that comes from Japan, most of the stuff they do has flaws, but they really excel at polishing the gameplay of their games.

Warioland 4

It just needed to be a little longer