Holla Forums has been slow as fuck in the last few days

Holla Forums has been slow as fuck in the last few days
is the dream gone?

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.4ch.net/Holla
boards.4chan.org/trash/thread/5061946#p5061946
archive.is/utEO3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait untill Hillary gets elected, then people will have more time to discuss games.

Dream?
You mean the nightmare of the seemingly neverending summer, right?

The speed, or lack thereof, is what made this place good before. I still remember when this place was young, Holla Forums had less than a thousand posts, everything was good.

Quantity ≠ quality.

i actually have noticed the shitposting has decreased considerably

This place has no quality control though.
Every Holla Forums thread is an invitation for Holla Forums to come and derail without fear of mods doing anything about it.

americans are a minority here. most of us are africans and asians.

true, I'm a 12 year old korean girl

SO YOUS SAYIN WE WUZ GAYMARS N SHEEEIT

Fuck off Kitt Sullivan

Sure as fuck isn't helping now.

Slower Holla Forums now just means that the same 5 clickbait threads get 500 posts and every other thread is ignored or drive by sagedubbed into 404.

nigerian prince here

School is starting again so that accounts for most users.
Honestly I've been thinking of leaving after the changes Jim the kike is making to the site.

Leave to where though? Libre is shit and nothing but a pedo honeypot, endchan is awful, and I'm sure as hell not going back to 4chan.

What did Jim do wrong?

can't see pictures with mobile apps so can't browse 8ch in uni anymore.

The site is perfectly usable from browser.

Nowhere. I can just use the free time to actually play vidya.

/newsplus/ and velocious threads.

Impossible. It's become too much a part of my life after 11 years.

I prefer it kind of slow

these shills post their stupid "Holla Forums is dead" meme all day long on Holla Forums.

Look for yourself.
stats.4ch.net/Holla Forums/
stats.4ch.net/Holla Forums/graph.html
stats.4ch.net/Holla Forums/post.html

thanks ~ a hotpocket on Holla Forums

Redditors have been coming here by the fucking truckload and shitting up the quality. The Time article and the fact the GG thread directly links to their faggy subreddit isn't helping.

The goons are stirring recently since big companies are taking their ad shekels away so it basically is impossible to really talk about anything because they're butthurt they can't leech resources as easily anymore.

Site traffic is always going to keep decreasing since this site is unlisted and no one wants new users, not really a solution for it

Holla Forums's also appreciably gotten better in the past few days. I haven't seen anybody screaming about shills or bringing up stupid Hillary-campaign shit in at least a couple days until I saw this assclown

Don't jinx us now, I don't mind a slower board if it means a much better board.

I agree with you. Even Holla Forums has gotten better.

Overwatch threads still exist, fucking faggots keep using the "shitposters" excuse when people tell them their game is shit and the fact those fags actually fap to shitty SFM shit makes it worse.

Also, why do we have a Pokemon general? The periodical threads were just fine but some tripfag redditor thought it was a good idea to make it to shill his shitty board. The quality in those cesspools are fucking awful.

IT'S OVER Holla Forums

Holla Forums IS DEAD

MARK KILLED IT

LET'S GO BACK HOME TO 4CHAN AND TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES!!!!!

HOL UP

Fuck off back to /r/Pokemon, nigger. Or whatever jewish shilling site you came from.

Honestly really just seems worse than it is because you got like 5 goons running around spreading doom and gloom since Gamejolt got pegged and a bunch of low energy games using nintendo assets can't make money anymore. Happens all the time. Like back when nintendo declared fuck off we're taking majority money on nintendo letsplays on youtube, and NOBODY had their videos actually taken down but you still had tons of people claiming NINTENDO IS TAKING DOWN MY VIDEOS!!! Same thing happened when Toby "came out" as not being an SJW and suddenly the undertale threads on Holla Forums were full of shitposting as hard as possible trying to cement the game as SJW.

Yes, go back there and tell all of the cool stories to your group of friends on Tumblr. You certainly belong on 4chan.

At least reddit appreciates the dank nazi frog memes:

archive.is/utEO3

Wonder if they browse our Holla Forums in addition cuckchan, since the board itself was mentioned in a few articles lately.

He's not nazi frog, he's facebook grinch you retard.

That explains why there's so much anime/waifuposting. It's not like the majority of Holla Forums is weeaboos or anything.

Did Holla Forums ever get any actual moderation after your IRC circlejerkers tried forcing migrations to like 20 chans at once or is it still kind of a wild-west over there?

Overwatch threads will exist for as long as the game is popular and there's not really anything a sage and complaining can do about it since it has as much right to be here as any other video games thread.

We probably have a Pokemon general because Mark's a dumbfuck who thinks making Holla Forums into /vg/ in all but name is a good idea, I remember him pissing and moaning about Holla Forums getting "flooded" with one-off threads if things weren't collected into generals but then he pissed off without a word like he always does whenever questioned about anything. Doesn't matter who the thread's by or what it's for, there's already "x thread" or "x general" in the catalog so into the trash your one-off thread goes.

Yeah, we have 4 mods (including myself)
It's still kind of a wild-west, but we will delete spam if it's bad.

I wouldn't be surprised, Holla Forums has gotten mentioned in a lot in the news lately, last time I've been there, some fag doesn't even know what the fuck Gondola is.

Knowing Mark, he'll probably delete this thread once he wakes up and tell people to go to /metav/ even though it's dead as fuck and no one ever checks it.

He never stayed true with his word on Rule 8, the avatarfags on the 4am and GG threads became fucking tripfags now.

Nah, bumplock is fine.

While you're here, what's up with that thing John Smith asked you about? And also not stickying the CON leaks like Holla Forums did?

I hate you too, jew.

Cool to hear, a mildly-moderated but otherwise unrestrained Holla Forums is a good Holla Forums.

Yeah, probably. I can't even get the cocksucker to put the [email protected]/* */ email address up on the front page for easy mod contact (most recently he's ignored my newest email where I told him to cut the shit and quit avoiding the subject) and at this point I'm just assuming he doesn't like actually doing anything administrative since when he is active it's usually still not his name that shows up in the board logs.

I do recall that he banned the 4AM avatars, but I think most of them just pulled a Ritsu and ban-evaded in one way or another. Filtering out their tripcode's a nicer solution and persistent to boot so you don't have to filter them out again every thread.

Oh, hey, there you are.

Now about putting the [email protected]/* */ email where everybody can see it on the front page……………………………..

I'm the first person to call you a shitposting enabling faggot good kike that is the cancer killing Holla Forums, but in this specific instance there isn't much you can do really.

People either post on Holla Forums or they don't, it entirely depends on the userbase.
If they go on Holla Forums and meet absolutely insane shitposting retards like obviously they not gonna be encouraged to post more on the board.

And it's not like you can ban said retard just for being a retard.
So in this case as much as it pains me to admit it, it's not really your fault.

Well we didn't sticky the CON leaks because we felt there wasn't really a need to do so. I was probably wrong in not doing so, but regardless I was in the thread having a laugh.

or maybe you can read da rules :^)

:(

Ah, so that John Smith asking for you is still classified stuff? Will we eventually know what it's about?

Effectively the rules are where nobody will ever see 'em m8

God damn sleep deprivation I meant the email's where nobody will ever see 'em

I've actually never read them

it's just a low energy meme, no thought behind it.

Personally, broken image hover makes the site extremely annoying to browse and codemonkey has given no indication it will be fixed beyond a changelog incorrectly saying it was fixed.

Along with Mark and co doing nothing to enforce the rules there's not much motivation to do anything but shitpost.

Well I don't wanna reveal things between myself and John without his permission, he didn't reveal anything major. Just things that are expected but not confirmed

It's almost like you want the mods to be lazy retards.

DON'T BE A FOOL

READ THE RULES

Let me clarify that second part. There are effectively two sets of rules. The public ones listed, and the ones Mark decides behind closed doors, allowing exceptions for threads and posts he likes.

I actually don't report things very often.

b-but my common sense should be enough

They're all common sense stuff besides one or two hyper-specific clauses that wouldn't apply to anyone like the avatarfagging addendum to rule 8, anyways

I guess if I want to build up a case against one vol or another who just blithely overturns reports even when the posts in question break rules I could start submitting rules as report reasons and keeping a close eye on the board logs at all times like I did for a while

I JUST WANT THE MOD EMAIL ON THE FRONT PAGE INSTEAD OF IN THE RULES THAT NOBODY READS SWEET COCKS ON FIRE

yes it's just common sense stuff

BUT READ IT ANYWAY

MOD EMAIL

FRONT PAGE

WHEN

Ok I read it.

I have a question tho.

How do I put links and linebreaks in the blotter of a board?

NEVER EVER

mainly since I don't like cluttering up the announcement tab

although maybe I can remove vidya asses and replace it with a text file

email me and I'll give you what we use

Still can't mention Undertale without bringing in the one or two triggered "Undertale is SJW GAME!!" Fags

yeah the tumblrtale guy is super annoying

what email is it?

That one's inclusion in the announcement bit confuses the fuck out of me anyways, I don't think there'd be more than one or two concerned parties if it were removed with one of those parties already being the ass-autist himself. I'll be holding you to this, you know

They're fucking hilarious, one of them is invariably that "i spent TEN DOLLARS on a MEME GAME" guy that spent $2k on scat commissions to spam threads back when the demo was new. I always see general apathy or testimonies that it was mediocre from people who actually played it me included and screaming about Tumblr and meme games from people who have no interest in it with or without the cancerous fanbase.

So why not ban him? And not the threads, sincerely curious. He actually posts outside of the single thread that the undertale fags posted in? Well, other than reaction images, obviously.

we do. everytime.

From what I remember it's a Ritsu situation where he's being banned but just evades, comes back and begins the shitfit all over again.

I'll probably do it now, because fuck it

pls read

also, I bet it's the same fag/group of fags that spam Holla Forums with bani/kennedi/barth cancer 24/7
just a general group of homosexuals trying to make Holla Forums a worst place

No you don't, you just bumplock the thread he's in, and then it dies.

[email protected]/* */

note that I don't check it every day since people don't usually send me things. We'll see if that changes tho

I'm going to assume you meant cock.li

thanks.

It just seems counterproductive to ban a topic rather than a person if it's a person causing the problem. Ban evasion is a rule anyway.

no, cock.lu.

Just to ask, since you probably have contacts with the higher ups, are there any plans to get Holla Forums relisted in google?

No, he means cock.lu, that's a correct address.

emailing both just in case.

I don't know if that's what the other hotpockets are doing, but I know that whenever I see the guy I usually ban him and give him a D+

Jim tried, but google refuses to do so. Probably because google owns 4chan. Or at least that's what Jim said he believes.

Done.

So that's it? It's impossible forever?
Did they even give him a reason?

Honestly, common sense shows, it's likely that google owns 4chan. Jim knows that Hiroyuki couldn't pay the price moot was asking for. So chances are google owns 4chan and Hiroyuki is just a front man.

Why would google pick Hiroshima to be a figurehead rather than one of their own?

Good.

lolno
90% of shitposters went poof aside from the >steam faggots that pop up every time anyone mentions purchasing a game.

probably because they don't want it known that they own a controversial website. Hiroshima has been known to do these types of things in the past, he works as a front man while the real owner of the site is google. Think about it, google is hiring moot, cuckchan uses the google captcha, google wants to strengthen their social media presence, pages on normalfags websites like facebook and twitter attract normalfags to 4chan, etc.

I find it kind of interesting that it happened just as Google was reorganizing into Alphabet