Will the Han Soylo movie save Star Wars?

Will the Han Soylo movie save Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.businessinsider.com/star-wars-box-office-disney-4-billion-lucasfilm-purchase-2017-12?r=US&IR=T
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1989
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1991
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1992
victoryshipmodels.com/ship-model-dos-amigos-wooden-static-kit-occre-american-slaver-clipper.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Emilia will save Goy Wars.

The only thing that has remotely peaked my interest is seeing the Falcon looking slightly different.

Go away mouse.

i miss old lego

I do too, most of the licence stuff is so boring. I miss the OC stuff they did.

You tell me OP.

You're a sharp one.

pls buy me legos

Those sets look pathetic and i don't feel any lego dudes.
What went wrong?
aside from shit movies

Remember when Lego sets were generic themes that engaged your own unique imagination and were not merely soulless movie franchise tie-ins?

I do i also had that particular knight set
Right now they have city, ninjas and some techno knights as oc sets, but they should back the fuck off from licensed shit and make original content more again.

those were fun but the space police monorail train was the shit, spend all weekend rounding up magnetron scum and locking them away

I too had the single knight set, but always wanted the bigger sets.
Family never could afford the bigger ones though.

That's where Gurm got half his ideas.

Autismfu?

There is nothing wrong with buying lego even if you are 30 years old.

user anon pls don't ignite my nostalgia

If you buy me legos, then yes.

Best original Lego lines.

Pics 1-3. The awesome shit that every kid wanted.
Pic 4. What most kids god.

Man. I will get my kid some good legso if any are left.

Oh god.

FUCK YOU YOU DICKS I STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF MY SETS JOHNNY THUNDER WAS MY CHILDHOOD HERO WHY DID YOU MAKE ME SEE THIS THREAD?

If only.

I was really annoyed when they changed his name from Sam Grant to Johnny Thunder. Felt like a betrayal to my autistic child mind.

lmao I had this exact one.

To be fair to my parents they at least bought me a Lego castle for Christmas once.

I feel you man. At least atco was cheap and parents were more willing to buy it.
Except those damn blocks that stuck to each other so hard you couldn't separate them at all.

I'm fucking jelly.

Those stormtroopers are weird, if that's what they look like as lego then I wonder what they look like on film. That generic windshield from every truck set ever is a fucking disgrace though.

I'm not complaining, i had that gigantic lego box with generic bricks while the small sets with lego dudes and special bricks and stuff were more than enough for me to build all sorts of things.

?

Holy shit. I had 1,2,4 and 5 of those.
Sweet times. Maybe I was just a greedy kid and wanted the bigger sets.

A friend had tons of atco though. And could build fuckhuge robots and stuff.

He's so bad at acting he needs someone to show him how to emote like a human being, including moving his limbs.

He nust have had a tight boypussy or given incredible head though, since Spielburg so strongly advocated for him.

What happened to that Hanassholesolo that CNN doxxed anyhow?

That Falcon looks better than the original Falcon.

He was forced to publicly apologize and humiliate himself.

You have to speak English to post here Pedro.

Right, comes from Peek
With Peak, it would be Piqued
Fucking Britbongs and their irregular banana scribbles, Zoggle says "americans" misuse it too

Those sets hit my nostalgia spot on, had three of them.

"Han, ma bookie, baldo nee anna dodo da eena."

Yes, especially if they include his womyn of color wife (played by Leslie Jones)

Don't discriminate Pedrito, he's a good boy.

The disney Millennium Falcon has a tranny bathroom and a a cozy area for for who can't even.

they've already made back the money they spent on buying Star Wars. The franchise has never been this big.

Nobody is buying the merch, where the real money is.
Kill yourself Disney astroturfer.

Source this, otherwise shut up you fucking retard. All we know for sure is the films made more money than Disney paid for Star Wars based on box office returns alone, and they're the highest grossing films of all time. All you do is write fanfiction on the internet about how Star Wars is a flop. Literal fanfiction, you're not going by anything except your feels.
uk.businessinsider.com/star-wars-box-office-disney-4-billion-lucasfilm-purchase-2017-12?r=US&IR=T

You’re the goon who is whiteknighting colbert, aren’t you? Your derail tactics won’t work. You’re flailing around here like Lowtax against Uwe Boll.

Disney Star Wars is fucked. TLJ already shot its wad a bare two weeks after release.

Guess what made Lucas into a fucking billionaire?
Here's a hint, it wasn't the movies.

Yes, i miss when you just opened up your whole box of legos and creates whatever you wanted.

Now it's almost as shit as Kinder-egg Suprises. Two-pieces kind of bs.

Uwe Boll directed pure kino btw. I wish more directors would abuse soygoy nerds.

None of the films costed 1+billion to make
Each of them racked in more 1+ or 2+billion

I said prequels faggot. Obviously the film industry back then wasn't what it is today. And the reverse is true for toys, the toy market is at an all-time low with most kids valuing video games more even at a toddler age.

Colbert did absolutely nothing wrong :^)

Adjusted for inflation they aren't even close to the numbers of the original trilogy user.

boomer entertainment…

Typical kike marketer, lie about everything especially hard numbers and raw data. How much does disney pay you to convince us that star wars was totally successful you guys?

I wonder why?

Well, TFA did better than every Star Wars movie except the first one.

no

I had that and the french? (blue-coats) ship too, and the pirate base, and one of the soldier stations, was a tower with a wall and a cannon iirc

>I had that and the french? (blue-coats) ship too, and the pirate base, and one of the soldier stations, was a tower with a wall and a cannon iirc
I didn't recall there were so many varieties, I think I had the red-stripe sailed ship and the colonial patrol ship

I forgot how many of these I had…
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1989
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1991

Think I had these two also, maybe another one or two of the small kits with the red shirts.
brickset.com/sets/theme-pirates/year-1992
sorry poorfags, in hindsight I can see I was Lego rich

Being a Lego Space fan is pure suffering nowadays. All we are offered is Star Wars and the occasional Space Shuttle in the City line.

I can imagine.

That's pretty cool, I think the only pirate thing I ever got was pic related and a captain I traded for on school. Had a lot of egyptian and medieval sets though. They really should released a game on the Johnny Thunder universe.

What was cool was the first couple of years of the pirate stuff, the cannons had spring-loaded firing pins and could shoot the round cylinder bricks, me and friends would spend entire days shooting each other in the face with them, which is probably why they got downgraded to passive cannons in the later sets

Superior Chink Brick coming through

I was an obese fatherless child ignored by his mother. Then my mom bought me pic related. Was it worth it bros?

Probably not but that looks cool as fuck.

Thanks inflation!

Probably. I had the firefly ship.

I was curious to see how much these classic LEGO sets are going for. The autism in the LEGO community is strong.

Wait for it user, eventually they will come pre-built. Or just one piece figurines really.

Hey, I think I have this set somewhere in a chest.

Misleading headline, first box office revenues is gross ticket sales, studio only gets a portion, just call it 50% for simplicity so $4B = $2B in the pocket. Production and Marketing budgets on the four films combined so far is probably north of 1.2B, so 5.2B combined investement with about 2B returned so far…

They already sell minifigs by themselves

I probably got all the pieces scattered in one of three or four jumbo boxes with pieces from hundreds of other sets, no instructions or no boxes, so not going to bother to resurrect it even if it would fetch $1000, I'd spend a month fishing it all out

Apparently autists buy random lego pieces by the pound now.

This is the canonical appearance of the falcon in ep3. Whatever the fuck they've done to the front is temporary.

Also

They really do have no shame and no creativity.

Hmm… I probably have at least a 100lbs stored away all mixed together, might make a nice nestegg one day

I have almost all of the first run Star Wars lego sets in a million pieces in a box somewhere. It might be worth it to separate the rarer ones if you can

What is the process for cleaning legos like?

You can't design good spaceships if you weren't playing with them in your crib

I already sold my original Millenium Falcon on ebay like 10 years ago. I bought it on closeout at Wal-Mart for like $40 and left it the box for a couple of years and got $150 for it on ebay at the time and felt pretty good about it, probably goes for 10x that nowdays

The only thing disney managed to do was to make the value of pre-disney Star wars merch go up.
I had a really nice Tie fighter , from when I was a kid parents threw it out……..

Ticket sales are like 40% of a movie total gross.

I have a fuckton of old Lego Star Wars sets, including boxes and manuals. Maybe I can get rich.

I know for the TLJ Disney pushed hard domestically forcing theaters to pay them 65% and lots of owners were not happy and complaining about the strong-arming tactics. Internationally it is substantially less so I was figuring in this case it averages out to 50% at best. Disney pushing the 65% cut meant they knew it was a flop on arrival.

If the movie end having creative ships, aliens and action set-pieces then it can be worth a watch.

I'm talking about movies as long term investments.

Indeed. As the years went by they added more and more fancier stuff but the old ones granted a lot more creative freedom and even assembling the set could be a challenge for a little kid.
Got pic1 for my 7th birthday and has been my favorite ever since. My jaw dropped seeing a new one goes for 1500 merkel shekels.

Water and soap?

You don't have to tell me to skip it.

Shit I have all of them.

I had this one which was really f'n cool to me.

Awwww yeah. Old legos were great. The first thing I remember building with my first set was a gas station.

this was my favourite scenario to recreate with lego

first pic

more sets

Shame they recalled the Multiculti theme. It was so tolerant. And the Rotherham group enrichment set had a lot of figures.

Why?!

Where my bionicle bros at?

bionicle? Bitch do you even remember slizers and throwbots?

Those were rad, I had all the original ones.

Who is your favourite Toa, and why is it Gali ?

I don't think I got all that creative with my first (pic1 related).
Castle stuff was my favorite but I remember also building a lot of space stuff, mostly ships and robots. And all this talk got me looking around these sites and reminisce about the sets I have, now all neatly tucked away in the storage.
I still remember getting pic2 for X-mas, back when Santa was still a thing. No chimney but he left it on the balcony. Good times.

FUG! I had that tractor, and one of the small spaceships from the second pic.

I had the magnetron six-wheeler too, I'm not sure why the space police were always after them, they dindu nuffin wrong
magnets, how do they work?

Those were the best.

Blacktron were the ones the space fuzz was after.
What did Lego mean by this?

Lego even had a Black Bull set at one point.

I loved the magnet guys. They were great.

Is this podracing?

Nuh, its porgracing

There is no new market for Lego to enter. Movies aren't doing so well and the world is not exiting this recession so people don't yet have the spending money for their increasingly bad sets. They need to get their heads out of their asses and make good games (because they have a talented software team) which is the new differentiator between them and their rivals.

The tolerances are so fine that it's a lot of work.

lmao

there is no 8/toy/, right?

>>>/toy/
It's probably dead, like most boards here.

Were they supposed to be animals originally?

Polish legos look fucking serious.

there is >>>/lego/

I remember being blown away as a kid getting an actual LEGO set instead of just bricks. I was really into construction as a kid and it activated my almonds trying to go off of instructions to build a gas station and trying to figure out where to place the fences, pumps, etc as well as the lego people rather than just building skyscrapers (jenga blocks were superior at this).

Poland wins again

That's pretty racist, I don't think my mommy ever bought me any of those for that very reason. based Denmark

There's a big series of army themed ones.

Choking hazard due to BBC. Of course a cuckskin would prefer that risk.

The irony when the giganigga reinforces the notion of low testosterone, soyboy, mayo Chads, and the kid starts clobbering the Pigs with the more muscular action figure.

they retconned like half the characters. quite frankly johnny thunder is a better name, sam grant sucks.

also, anyone else here get these? one of, if not the last good original sets they made before the licensing shekels took over. i still have the longboat in my room.

The Norse muslims are pretty slick looking.

Unequivocally kino

God damn all those fuckers are so ugly and have no chemistry. The washed out yellow/orange feels irritating to look at too. The nu Falcon is the most laziest, half assed method of rehashing nostalgia. They couldn't even come up with a new ship. They just added the kike colors and were like yep, this is good enough for the goyim.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Word up, you kohliheaded motherfucker.

And that's leaving aside investments they've made for Star Warsy projects they've started. The Star Warstown they're adding to Disneyland is already costing them a bundle in interest.

I heard they don't want to make great games, as to not compete with themselves, as in they don't make a virtual Lego simulator, because then people might not buy the physical sets.

They used to make racers and strategy-games aswell.

Why is Lego so insisting on red missiles for TIE Fighters? They did that with the 2013 TIE/ln, the TIE prototype from Star Wars rebels and Vader's TIE, too? Why can't they include green missiles? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it: So that I have to buy other sets with green missiles, I know, but c'mon.

Making a virtual lego game would attempt to compete with Minecraft and thats just dumb. You can never beat playing with real legos.

why does lego hate honestly earned money?

Why?

Because it's never been assembled yet. Lego sets retaining their 'virginity' sell for upwards of triple marketprice.

For much less than that, you can just buy a 1:84 scale ship made out of wood and metal, that you still have to assemble it using glue and tiny nails.

Pic related is roughly 1000$ and it's 1.25 meters in length, 0.85 meters in height and 0.45 in width.

And you'll never know if all the pieces are actually in there or if they replaced everything with wood chips.

Nostalgiafags who whine about too much new parts should take a look at the classic line. They even have classic looking minifigs in the new wave conmemorating the 60th anniversary.

Most people who rebuy those sets do it with the intent of actualy opening and assembling them. In fact, actual fraud in the second hand market is unheard of. You get some fuckery with the shipping and the processing times of an order but that's to be expected when buying from afar.

I don't excuse the actual cancer of the lego "investors" community though. They tend to make some sets or figures hard to find when they buy all the stock as soon as it arrives to local stores.

I miss the simple and clean faced lego guys.

Are there any versions of these, but for slave ships, complete with thousands of negro figurines?

Well there is a slave ship model, but it's fully covered, so you can't see the negros inside.
victoryshipmodels.com/ship-model-dos-amigos-wooden-static-kit-occre-american-slaver-clipper.html
Though honestly seeing thousands of niggers in a boat, would just make it one ugly boat, I'd rather have an English boat with a white crew that sets sails to sink Spanish ships.

If Lego had been smart they would have jumped on the Minecraft craze with their branded clone, had actual competent coders do it, and made a fucking franchise out of it selling toys like hotcakes all the while. Instead they made a GTA clone for kids (with the worst loading times we've seen this and last gen) and have to resort to making Minecraft branded Lego to recognition in what used to be their core-base of kids who wanted to fucking build shit and be creative with blocks.
It's not as bad as Kodak failing hard, or Studebaker, but it's pretty close, an abject lesson in how to drive your once-leading company in to an also-ran.

I want to see this card get checked off when the movie's shat out in to theatres, but I won't do it myself. The Last Jedi is The Last Star Wars Movie I Will Ever Watch. Thankfully I still have my old books and games. They are still canon to me, damnit.

That's some cool looking stuff tbh.

It's gonna be great.

So this is Disney's response to podracing. Lol.

Lego Han Solo: The Movie.

I think that photo is set when Han was a teenager. The movie has two timelines (teen Han and young adult Han)

Oh God.

Why did they ruin the Falcon?

anymore pics like 4 and 5?

Is this a real thing?

I like it.

Someone hasn’t thought this through.

These ships were like white panel vans of the SW galaxy.

But then Lego Worlds turned up..

I meant they should make more games like Rock Raiders or Legoland. Great games that compliment the brand, not cannabilize it. That said, given the recession, I'm not convinced there's much to cannabilize anyway. People have fixed money for toys and games and better they buy your shit than the other guy's shit.

How the hell is this called a LEGO?

Old stuff

I want a Grevious one

They have to have it be bad
Han is Fucking White Male

Well they tried to make The last Jewdi good for them.
Does that mean if the kikes try to fuck up Solo they will accidentally make actual Kino?

The Grevious one is appealing because it's reminiscent of Bionicle.
The others are either creepy or retarded and clunky.

Unironically this. The first Rampage is fucking amazing, and Assault on Wall Street is great as well.

no autismfu to play with Lego with ;_;

Why are those pics so hard hitting?

Most of the helmeted and droid-based buildable figures like Vader, Grievous, Boba, and the Stormtrooper Commander look all great, honestly, it's just the sets based on humans or unhelmeted characters that look really fuck-ugly.
…Also, while the new helmet with detachable mask on the 2018 Vader looks neat? It's really not worth the $40 that they are asking for, so stick to the regular Vader from 2015, if you can track him down for a good price.

It looks great as an action figure but it shouldn't have the Lego logo there.
I think that one of the main points of Lego design is the interchangeability of it's parts so you destroy the main form after assembling it in 15 min and make a better frankensteinish monstrosity out of 5 additional unrelated sets.

I think it is because deep down we all want a slightly autistic/aspy sister who loves us more than a sister should love a brother, and tells us it's us against the world as we play with Lego together.
;_;

If I had a cute mildly autistic girlfriend I could die happy.

If something went wrong as you were trying to kill yourself, would you call for help? To retry and suicide properly.

Why is it a book?

Protection instinct is too strong. Not even hundreds of years of cosmopolitan modernity can suppress it.

I don't know anything about it but I feel like i've been cheated out of something great

LEGO JOHNNY THUNDER MOVIE WHEN?

Correllian Graffiti

Woha, it was all on and inside one giant robot?

Obviously to reduce drag and make it faster for racing… in space.

You're right man. You're so right. But you know what, i'll always love my dad, mom, grandad for getting us lego. We were poor as fuck and the rich kids would always get 1-3, but fuckit, 4 was a treasure to us. We collected our sets and kept everything in a wooden ammo crate. Sometimes we'd build it up and mix and match. Also had the cops on the bike and the one with boat and the jeep. Lego was always fuckoff expensive but the memories will always remain and i'll forever be grateful for the wonderful memories.

Ow shit! I got that one too, lil bro got the other. Still man, shit was great.

I hope she is that fat in the movie….. just to make the train wreck even bigger.

Is it just me, or does anyone else harbor an extreme dislike towards the "style" most modern Lego vehicles are done in nowadays? For lack of a better, more precise term, they lack soul. They're too clean, almost corporate in nature. The MOC community, on the other hand, is making the sort of stuff that should honestly be sold as real sets provided they obtain the necessary licenses. Even from these images, you can almost feel the character emanating from them.

I wouldn't mind owning a few of those, and I don't even buy lego sets.

the giant robot is literally mata nui, the great spirit that they're constantly talking about
deepest lore

When talking about how Disney is doing financially with Star Wars you have to remember that they are carrying some kind of interest on the original purchase. They didn't just have the reported 2b in cash laying around. Even if they did, they would never spend it all on the purchase. I don't have the knowledge to speak on the impact of 2b in stock to Lucas, I would appreciate if someone could. The other thing to consider is they added overhead. Lucasfilm had employees, buildings and equipment, all needing to be paid and maintained. We also don't know exactly how much they are putting into the franchise in addition to the existing operations. We know they doing a theme park expansion but what else has been sunk into the franchise?

2b is a joke for Disney.

Competing against him in Lego Racers felt like I was in an honorable duel rather than a race

Metru Nui and Mata Nui were legit kino worlds

at least you'll also never have to live the colon of a giant robot

he was an australian right?
should have gotten used to them fucking with you

does anyone remember how based lego games used to be, before they started using jarring audio from the movies?

they would never do that nowadays, they're too afraid to even kill characters in lego games now

Has anyone noticed a general lack of actual building sets and how 90% of any lego line is now cars and vehicles?

I liked it without the audio too. It was so terrible in Jurassic Park one, although the Jurassic World segment had better sound quality obviously. I hated how many running away set pieces it had and button mashing, I wish the dinosaurs had more purpose and features instead of ramming their heads into walls. It was a terrible movie to base a lego game on, since its one samey environment with little to no combat. Nothing beats the Star Wars or Batman ones.

Because the promotional images are poorly shopped dioramas with probably 100 hours worth of touch ups to make them look better than they actually are. What you're posting are actual photos that show what the toy looks like in real life.

tfw Lego Metal Gear Solid never ever

why not buy a china lego ripoffs instead. quality of lego went down too

Episode IX will 'save' Star Wars. Remember when TFA was released and the consensus was that Abrams saved the series and 'fixed' everything Lucas did? Same will happen with Ep IX. Abrams will 'save' the series and 'fix' everything Rian did.

No, it won't. Episode IX will be an even bigger trainwreck than TLJ and likely send Star Wars down its death spiral.

I can feel the illegal connections in almost all of those. Most of those vehicle MOCs are meant for display only and the slightest of movements can bring the model down. Lego on the other hand cares a lot about the playability of the sets they make.

they have those - one model use only. shit in them. mostly rounded and polished spaceship parts.

This is what you wish. Abrams is a crowd pleaser.

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but from the lore dropped in this thread alone it makes me feel like I missed some great world-building with this Bionicle shit.

He has never been able to make two successive movies that didn't flop hard. It's always one either really vague piece of shit that comes out in a dry spell of releases or something that either apes or is outright stolen from someone else that gets relatively high buzz and is then forgotten about within a year that is always followed up by either nothing at all or something so atrocious that even normalfags can't pretend to like without looking like morons.

The entire Bionicle universe exists on and in the corpse of a giant robot god thing. Think Xenoblade except much, much less retarded.

He will make a safe fanservice-y, nostalgia-packed movie and normies will eat it up. Maybe a part of the fanbase will dislike the movie, but that's it.

The idea that of living on the body of a dead god is nothing new. Even variants of the Greek myths, which are the cornerstone of Western culture, do the same thing. It's about as retarded as pretending you live in a piece of fruit on a giant tree (Norse) or inside a giant cosmic egg (Celtic).

Did I say it was?

fedora tipped my good sir

Nope, still retarded.

Why do you always have to make me nostalgic Holla Forums? First Bionicle now Lego. And why are both of these shit nowadays, what went so wrong?

the depths the right will sink to to justify their rhetoric is disgraceful
as this thread proves

You don't like legos?

You're making up fake news about toy sales to support your false narrative that Star Wars is bad. Sad. Bigly.

That didn't work out so well for Star Trek.

from what I read up on the wiki post metru nui, there's a LOT of crazy shit I too missed out on (the Dark Mirror storyline in particular was interesting af if only because Takanuva is my boi) Voya Nui and how there's other matoran beyond Mata/Metru Nui, the fact there's more than one Makuta (which blew my 14-year old autistic mind) the whole shit regarding corrupted Toa, what sort of forms they mutate into (yes it's as cool as it sounds)

Apparently there was this huge finale that finally had Mata Nui finally fed up with Makuta's/Teridax's shit (im not sure if it was before or after the reboot)

you shouldn't ask questions you already have answers to user
but If I had to point fingers I'd say Star Wars and Disney

I was never into Bionicle but these are pretty cool.

They already established in the eu yidney killed that the Falcon is a Corellian YT-1300 light freighter, and Han's modifications don't make it look much different from normal ones.