Whatever happened to Armored Core anons?

Whatever happened to Armored Core anons?

Also mecha vidya thread I guess

mechs are just metal furries

The same thing that happened to tenchu.

The souls series killed it.

CLANG CLANG CLANG

tenchu did a fine job killing itself tbh

Well yeah, more or less.
It was sorta being revived via Shinobido but not many people played it, even on Holla Forums.
Apparently the lastest Shinobido is pretty good too but it's Vita only so i guess like 5 people on Holla Forums played it.
Good for them, they're at least still playing good modern ninja games unlike the rest of us stuck with fucking nothing.

Guess so, wonder what their next cash cow will be when Dark Souls dries up?

The last four games weren't terribly popular with the core audience for various reasons, and mech games really don't thrive as much survive based on the core audience anymore.

Cry me a river

I really don't, i actually don't give a single shit, all i really care about is the Tenchu series.

Something I don't get is that there's no Armored Core on pc. Those types of games would do well for a large enough portion of PC folks, myself included. Just have mod support so people can make their own parts and shit and it has a good shelf life.

On a side note, my favorite AC is still probably Silent Line.

i tried out vd a little, it seems alright and the online was less dead than expected. the controls feel really awkward coming from 4a though.

are the psp ports of the old games good?

My nigger.
Shit was so comfy.
That and after playing 2 and 3 so long Nexus just felt bad.

I think armored core is perfectly good at killing itself thank you very much.

Yeah, series murdered itself, souslshit has nothing to do with it.

There are plenty of Armored Core games, and the ones prior to 4 all range from alright to god-tier with the exception to Nine Breaker. If you have a hankering for AC just play one of them.
Now in regards to mech vidya that does need more games pic very much related.

In retrospect AC should have ended with Last Raven it is everything real robot simulator should be and then some. You can even stomp foot soldiers and lose limbs/shoot off other ACs' limbs.
Too bad they will never be Armored Core Classics Collection HD with working netcode and ability to play through AC3 to LR on a single save file.

Bloodborne since they obviously really wanted to do anotrher game based on how Dark Souls 3 gameplay came out fwith poise. Then once that Bloodborne dev craving dissappears we'll maybe get a Sci-Fi game that isn't Armored Core. It's a shame really but really I'd be happy if they just ported all the AC games over to PC with controller compatibility.

I missed the stream from that thread about the newbie who got his ass owned by the AC2 tutorial level, what happened did he git gud?

DS3 is the best soulsborne, keep crying bitch nigga.

We cling with the space fags lamenting the fact we will never get a good game.

…How is Strike Suit Zero? …Anybody? No?

And Assault Suit Leynos, for that matter.

It's not even a mech game. It's just a shmup where your jet has legs just to look cool.

It's ok. Not as good as Valken or Leynos 2, but much better than the original, and overall better than other clones like Gunhound or Gyugantic Army.

What's the best place to start for someone who hasn't played an Armored Core game and only has a laptop with emulators?

Release order? Release order.
Emulate the first one.

What's easier to emulate on pcsx2, AC 2 or 3?

No difference.
AC2 continues story from PS1 ones, AC3 is the start of the new universe.
So if you're skipping PS1 ones, skip to AC3.

Ahh, well, shit. Thanks.

The important thing is to get a controller, and to git gud and to do this you take your time with the tutorial level and training room to get used to all the controls and functions. Don't worry about story or anything it's pretty bare bones and to the point so just do whatever missions in order that you like I should warn you though the real skill floors in various AC games can be a massive bitch. And go to the arena first since the first few fights or so is easy money then you can at least have some money for customizing your AC.

I only have a 360 controller. I heard about the early AC games only using the D-pad. Should I buy a DS4?

If you're emulating you can map turning buttons to the right analog stick and play it like a normal game and don't fuck with outdated control scheme.

FROM killed it by changing it from mecha intrigue and combat into fucking Gundam Seed spastic bullshit, like that fucking Xbox failure, Murakumo.

Seeing as you're probably not getting any of the PS2 ones running at a decent speed just play the PS1 ones for now.

Disgusting.

Second that.

Nigger I played through all of them on their consoles, and yeah analog sticks rock.
Stop being hipster faggot.

And I played all of them with their default control scheme, using analog sticks for non analog movement is fucking terrible, and you get slightly inferior weapon/boost management from using a dual analog control scheme anyways, swapping to dual analog is only for people who really can't grasp the controls otherwise because it's inferior in the long run but much easier to grasp.
The only real good change to the default is putting OB and extensions to be directions on the right stick instead of clicking the stick.
Also AC isn't any less or more tank controls with or without using the analog stick for movement and aiming so you might to try thinking of a better shitpost next time.

It's ok if you don't understand why the controls are the way they are and that they're superior to dual analog when mastered user.

psp ports of the ps2 games are pretty good, yeah.

The control scheme is pretty fucking shit no matter your preference though, nothing PPSSPP can't fix I'm pretty sure.

V and VD came out after DeS and DaS, though.

Can I carry my save file through all PSP games? PS2 ones had this weird thing when you can carry your character through a couple of games, and then forced to start from scratch.

Fuck off already. Tank controls are the worst, and don't add anything over sticks. Playing the very first AC with modern twin stick controller is so much better.

It takes like an hour to get used to then you're set. Try playing an old PC game sometime if you actually want to see what fucked controls are.

It's funny you defend old aiming methods while saying this. Twin stick scheme is natural evolution of buttons used for turning and aiming. There is no reason to go back, as there is no reason to go back to 4:3 monitors or auto-aiming in shooters.
It's functional and works well, sure, but why "get used" to something inferior when obviously better option is readily available to you?

The PSP ports controls are shit especially if you like dual analog,
Also tank controls refers to how the playable character react to your controls not the button used, so no AC isn't tank controls regardless of what you map your movement to since you can move in 8 directions even with the default control scheme just like you can with a dual analog one.

They're only more accessible (and even then mostly because console FPS and I never really played any) not actually better, and I doubt people using dual analog even tried to make a good control scheme out of the dual analog approach and just left everything that wasn't movement or aiming by default.

Didn't know you could get people so mad just by saying they like a control scheme better just because it's more accessible.

Can't you map controls in PPSSPP like in PCSX2?

Pretty sure you can, never had that luxury on the real thing though.

Any one else play this? Downloaded from isozone, but most of it is in Korean, fun as hell though.

I know I'm in the minority in this but I preferred 4A's FAST over Verdict Day return to more traditional PS2 era AC. Verdict Day Multiplayer was pretty fun with user though.

i don't understand how 5/VD is a return to classic games in any way since the mechs are glued to the ground and without the retarded climbing mechanic you won't be able to fly up like in 1-4 games

also the rock paper scissors gameplay jesus christ just kill me

what happened to everything? who is draining the life from this world? maybe scientology is real after all

Was anyone ever confused by why they promoted co-op in Armored Core FA and V yet punished you heavily for using it?

Nigga Verdict Day is much more far removed then typical AC gameplay due to the aforementioned rock paper scissors and the fact that you're glued to the ground and climbing around buildings and team combat emphasis. For Answer is removed from typical Armored Core gameplay because of all the flying and the quick boosting.

ACfA was just pointless because you had to beat the mission first, which makes no fucking sense since there aren't really any reasons to use Co-Op if you can beat the mission fine on your own.

I don't know about V, because I didn't use it. I had that glitch at the start with the shop not working, because it was connected to the fucking servers, and so never bothered with it past that.

What was wrong with Verdict Day(and V in general, though I don't have that one)? I own it but due to my insane backlog I haven't gotten to it yet.

See and
The rock paper scissors defense system caused a lot of salt. The weapons themselves were fairly distinct between the categories, but sometimes you just couldn't use a weapon because the enemy had a specific weakness.

There was also more emphasis on multiplayer, though Verdict Day fleshed out the singleplayer a bit compared to V.

No but this looks fun as fuck, downloading now. How's it run on a modern system?

I got Battle Engine Aquila off isozone but can't get it to run for the life of me, so I'm bracing for disappointment

the only parts i've found to be truly bad thus far are the story, the music and some of the mission design but there are lots things that could be really offputting to people.
it has a lot of really cool ideas though.

Oh, I can see why that would be a pain coming from the older games tyat didn't have it. Sounds like an interesting layer of strategy though. I will try it out at some point.

I thought that there was a rumor that the creator wants to make a new mecha game?

Here's to hoping they'll revisit chromehounds.

Whatever they make might be ps4 exclusive, due to their contract with sony to make three exclusives, of which Bloodborne was one.

Pretty sure they won't if they're willing to sell the rights to the M.A.V guy (or at-least that's what I recall happening)

What? And why would he buy that? I know it would be a nice thing for him, but it means even more expectations, and last I heard he needed to advertise and get sales which is more of a publisher issue.

Is there anything like Armored Core on PC anons?

The Armored Core team all got fired after AC5 and jumped ship to SE and are making a game for SE on the PC so wait until then.

Any details? On the game and why they were fired?

AC5 was a disaster and it all over the jin115, the AC director no longer list as AC director and no one knows what game it is.

If I remember correctly, they showed footage of the SE mech game and it did not look good. Plus SE will probably sink given their current business strategy of throwing money at FF15 and FF15 related projects in the vague hope that the sheer amount of money thrown at it will make a success.

As well as either fucking up the projects of the western devs or at least not fucking them up in the right way.

Runs very well, no trouble for me at all.

I also just downloaded Aquila from there and it runs perfect for me.

So I've always been interested in the AC series but didn't have a PS2 when I was younger. Where do I start? Should I just play in release order?

What happened after Z? That was the last one I played and it was breddy gud.

SE is legit trying to leave Japan they're even killing DQ if it means leaving it because Japan at the moment hates them. DQ Builders would've sold more instead of dying in sales if one of the developers had not accidentally say that there was going to be a sequel with multiplayer and DQM Joker 3 sold really badly in Japan.

It's the third best.

AC5 and Verdict Day were subpar (read: shit) entries that made Bamco cut off funding for the series IIRC

so, Tenchu Z is just fine then ok got it.

Did Bamco even have anything to do with AC?

Any links?

Only publishing it outside of Japan, since they were publishing Dork Souls.

Verdict Day seemed like it should have been Armored Core Chromehounds but it didn't quite pull it off.

Yeah that shit fucking sucks.