Anyone have any advice on getting hold of a new controller for my PS2 so I can pirate the shit out of it...

Anyone have any advice on getting hold of a new controller for my PS2 so I can pirate the shit out of it? All the official controllers are expensive as fuck. There are a lot of cheap knock offs but I don't know what the build quality is like, or if they even support the Dualshock's pressure sensitive buttons. Are there any good third party wireless controllers? That would be even better.

Any cheap knockoff I've ever gotten was shit, believe me. For the combined price of those I could've gotten a real one.

I've never used a knockoff that wasnt shit, so I'd just go with the official ones.

There are no good third party DS2's, just go with official first party ones.

~$35 is well worth the price. Might be nearly twice as much as some shitty knock off, but it'll last twice as long and will actually be usable.

cute tbh

If you're in yurop (or find acceptable shipping prices for where you live) try the ORB knockoff if you can grab them for 7-8 bucks, they're nothing special compared to the real thing but the build quality is actually decent and the buttons feel good, the sticks aren't just 8 way switches (they're pretty poor compared to the real ones though), I've tried a lot of others and they're all worse, except for Hori but good fucking luck finding one at a reasonable price.

Genuine DS2 have one issue, the piece of foam in the back side of the controller will end up being too flat to hold the ribbon cable and you'll have to replace it, but otherwise they're teh best you're gonna get, just don't go over 40 bucks for them, refurbished ones are hit or miss.

Goodwill or some other thrift store.
Then do repairs as needed.

Only thread related to PS2 I could find. Anyone know where I can find modded PS2 games? I know there aren't many, though I do know about the FFX hard mod (Which doesn't fucking include the international content). Searching for modded games generally, instead of a specific game, just gives me results for modding PS2s.

I paid under 20 3 years ago for new in box, what in the fuck.

People are probably increasing the price since Sony doesn't make them anymore.

I dusted off mine from 12 years ago to play games on pcsx2 and it still works. DS2 is the best manufactured controller for any console, it will outlast 10 of your "pirated" chinese shit-plastic knock offs. Fuck any newer ones aswell, sony went oy vey after the ps2, while microsoft was always lining up shekels.

Ebay prices are much lower, at least in europe

I'm not finding any for non-kike prices other than the knock offs.

After DS4 all other DS feels like shit to me.

The one thing I miss is that analog button.

It's not the size, but I must admit, bigger is better. Last week I was going through my PS2 stuff and decided to replay first God of War. Triggers, bumpers, buttons, sticks - all fealt very cheap and crude.

Hit up a thrift store user. My thift stores are usually shit when it comes to games but most of the time there are ps2 controllers and xbox original controllers.

Alright, i'm going to level with you, I picked what I did because I REALLY didn't want to deal with cord length if I didn't have to, but get yourself a Logitech Cordless Action. Prices vary, but it's basically the Wavebird of the PS2.

Debatable, I found the DS2 to be a good deal more flimsy than the DS1. Though I do like the way the analog works, where the detent comes before the analog pull rather than the other way around.

There's no way you're getting a new ds2 for a decent price. I went on Amazon and ordered a used one-it was broken so I returned it and got another used one and that one was fine.

So yeah you're gonna have to buy used until you get what you want.