/ogc/ : Racing Vidya General - as good an OP as any edition

In the news, AC on consoles is a shit show.

Steam getting all sorts of indie arcade game that may or may not be good.
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/sports/linkin-park-and-mercedes-amg-rock-the-track/
archive.is/DfWDI
blog.codemasters.com/f1/09/f1-2016-coming-to-ios-tvos-and-android-devices/
twitter.com/UbisoftClub/status/773536567105323008
humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally
archive.is/Axq8c
mediafire.com/download/ol1szakxrm1bpdh/TOKYO SHUTO EXPRESSWAY 'C1 Outer Loop' v0.1b.zip
mediafire.com/download/abk9hf7zn85252o/RedBullX1_v1.0.1.7z
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle
store.steampowered.com/app/473770/
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Demo_Announce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MAKE CADILLAC GREAT AGAIN

Mandatory webm

So is it out ?

PGR5 NEVER EVER

Didn't notice last time, but it got my keks this time

shit i hadnt noticed it either
i didnt make the livery

Is there a way I can access older threads via an archive?

Also C1 at "night" is comfy.

Nope. Archive.moe is dead so you'd have to use archive.is or similar, which we haven't been doing.

Also, fuck me, I was hoping the G29 would stay at $240 for longer, it's already up to $300 on Amazon again.

Asking from previous thread:
I was thinking to save money for a Thrustmaster T300 and its gearstick, is it worth the money?

I don't think so.
Also neat trick to get some pretend night in AC.

I've heard good things about it, but I'd be wary of the pedals as they're not top notch. Upgrading to a T3PA-Pro (the 3 metal pedal set found in the T500RS, compatible with the T300) instead of buying a gear stick is probably a better choice, albeit I don't know the price or availability of the new pedals wherever you live.

At the bare mininum, if you're going to buy the gearstick look for T3PA (without Pro) because a stick without clutch is kinda weird tbh

Anyone here tried Redout?
Loved Wipeout, this seems pretty good.

Though I still have a soft spot for the special modes in Wipeout (endless acceleration, survive until you crash)

Coming from a Driving Force Pro I don't think they can get worse than those, thanks for the heads up regardless, I will keep the pedals in mind for the future as well. I'm not at least yet a sim autist so I'm not really bothered by the lack of clutch despite driving it in real life

I've been playing it for a while.
its pretty good.

It does not feel like wipeout tho. in my opinion that's a good thing, I wanted this to be its own thing.

I need to test if Doom 4 works with OBS since PlaysTV has the same issue.

Is there a torrent floating around for me to try it?
I'm not going in blind for a whole fucking $30 bucks.
I don't know where to go without kat

What game is that and where did you get a rip of the C1 from Import Tuner Challenge?

I dont know, I bought it because I like this genre and I want it to come back,.
the two biggest franchises in this genre are fucking dead

this is not a story driven game or anything like that, you can buy the steam version and get a pretty good impression of the game in less than 2 hours, if you don't like it just refund it.

Too bad this version has real night, but no lighting or proper race placements. I'd like to get a 64 car grid blasting it on this track.

Mine is rFactor, reply is Assetto Corsa. I forget which game the track was ripped from first but same track.

rFactor is either free if you yarr it and has working multiplayer, or $2.50 if you buy it from Bundlestars.
AC is free if you yarr it and IIRC doesn't support multiplayer, or $30 if you buy it from Steam or $60 for the game and DLC.

I'd pick rFactor due to the fact it's got an autismal level of custom mods and content AC lacks, plus it's way cheaper even if it's almost 11 years old.

my reply in this post*

So and are rFactor, while is Assetto Corsa.

I've only ever played Wip3out, Forza 3, Gran Turismo 1 and 2, and some of the burnout games.
I really liked Wip3out's silky smooth hovercraft style driving but also Gran Turismo 1's career mode.
Is there a game that captures both of these?

Riptide GP2? It's got a career mode where you upgrade your shit and it's on tracks but it's inspired by arcade games like Hydro Thunder where it's floaty because they're ships. It's also $2.50 in the Bundlestars store included with rFactor.

hi amg
mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/sports/linkin-park-and-mercedes-amg-rock-the-track/

Thanks for the info and it's definitely from Import Tuner Challenge (It's possible it's from TXR3 but it seems too detailed if it's just a simple rip.)

(Heil)
CRAWLING IN MY MERCEDES

But seriously of all the fucking people they could have gotten they get Linkin Park?

DF released this video comparing P Cars, Forza 6, and Assetto Corsa on the Xbone. I think it's pretty interesting to see what kind of lighting and colors each game considers to be "realistic".

can niggas tell me whats wrong with gt5? I haven't tried it yet.

Any tips on building a rig? I don't need anything fancy, just a correct seating position. It'll be a single monitor + g27 for now. I can go with either wood or steel, as I already have both in stock and tools to work with both. Seat is also available.
Would be nice if compact, as space is limited. As well as adjustability, most likely I won't be the only one playing.

And just a short while later, Initial D retro analysis.

Whoops, meant ridge racer. My brain no work today.

I'm bored out of my ass and want some arcade shit to drift around like a twat in that isn't online memeshit being shilled on Holla Forums right about now

Most Wanted?

Arcade shit, not straight up shit.

Loading times, graphics are overall pretty bad (the shadows man, the shadows), pointless XP system making licenses quite irrelevant, online mode was shutdown when GT6 came out because fuck you, patching the game takes ages and then it asks to install itself which takes another century, standard models shouldn't exist, the used car dealership, the GT PSP "integration" is a big fuck you to those that have bought it expecting to get a head start, save games are locked so fuck you if your system dies.

It's still quite fun, especially with a wheel.

My rig is basically a car seat supported by 3 blocks of wood, screen is on an arm mount for adjustability, and I've converted my G27 pedals to inverted because it's kinda cool. Wheel is on the table (removable for other games) and shifter is on a bit of wood that sticks out of the seat so it's on at the appropriate height.

I suggest you go the same route and just build around your current desk. Use it as reference point for the wheel mount then adjust seat and accessories accordingly. If you want some adjustability, I reckon you should use mounting rails.

another RX7 driver webm
Burnout?

Also, it's an FB and I'm a retard

This is just sad, the game's barely even a full day old
If being marketed to millions of people right before it comes out can't help a multiplayer indie game, what can?

If it's not le epin zombie survival then it's gonna get fucked up no matter what.

What's /ogc/'s opinions on Nitronic Rush/Distance?

needs more content, workshop needed to keep the game a float.

40€ indie game, of course no one's gonna buy it

Yesterday, a couple hours after release, there was literally one server up
It was only half full

God please let the PC version be good

Fucked from the start harder than DeLorean.

And I was considering buying it.
Guess I'll stick to pirating if I ever find that torrent.

come on turn 10 don't be yet another PC racing game dev and only release half assed shit

Appstore limitations. Xinput only.

Doesn't surprise me that something fucking stupid like this would happen, considering Microsoft and having periods of complete lack of a fuck for PC and then periods of showing up on the PC stage and fucking everything up in the process.

lmao

Don't suppose I could ask for a recommendation?

I like Initial D, what kind of games/wheel/shifter/pedals am I looking at for a good time. Ideally I'd like not to spend an arm and a leg on the hardware.

XInput supports wheels, including most Logitech FFB enabled wheels. Your point?

Probably a G25 or G27.

Impossible. You're looking at about 300 bucks right there.

I don't really see how Initial D is relevant either. If you like anime about driving cars all stupid and shit then you probably wont like a using a full wheel combo with a game that supports it. You're probably better off playing Ridge Racer with a controller doing sick 360 degree drifts around corners or Need for Speed Carbon if you want to go down a hill drifting in a one on one.

They should have played with the TOD settings more in PCARS to try replicate the time of Day in Forza. Spa in Forza they run evenings with a lower sun.

The main difference I can see is there's a lot more background detail in Forza between the Helicopter flying around the track, birds flying about and everything is in it's right place regarding track detail on sponsorships. F6 has the best recreation of Catalunya since everything is in place while both Assetto and PCARS are missing a ton of detail on sponsor boards and the track.

Graphically, PCARS looks best (No shit). But attention to detail on the tracks, Forza.

Assetto is just gross looking.

They said supported wheels will be announced soon though along with the Soundtrack but it's absolutely Day 1.

Personally I think they quietly abandoned Apex to concentrate on full F7 next year. No point in fucking around if the big question they wanted to answer in "How well does the engine scale on PC and can we hit 4K" was "Of course we fucking can. PC is the master race"

Xinput has axis and button number limitations. You're stuck with X360/XBONE gamepad configuration forever.

It's relevant because it implies I'm not interested in hyper realistic simulators.

In the case of a wheel, XInput supports the following (as of Windows 10 1607):
D-Pad
16 buttons
Any size H-Shifter
Clutch axis
Handbrake axis
Throttle axis
Wheel axis

More than enough for most wheels. Still limited in support until we get drivers or there's some support added to the API.
Current API support as of 1607:
G25
G27
G29
G920
MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
T300RS
T500RS
RGT Force Feedback
T150
TX
TMX
Fanatec CSR

Which is decent to be honest

And I forgot two special buttons, not grouped in the buttons bit, for gear up and down

I got my hands on Nascar Dirt to Daytona, what I'm in for?

Man Juiced 2 is so underrated as a arcade racer Rip THQ

Do you like NASCAR on an autistic level? If no then

>Rip THQ

Don't shed tears, they'll be back sooner than you realize. Nordic Games picked up the rights to most of THQ's stuff, including the THQ name and is working on a sequel to ~30 THQ IPs right now.

the world wouldnt be the same without peter soelberg

hi

A Juiced 3 would be quite an interesting twist, as long as it doesn't get too close to being an NFS clone.

Nordic Games makes cheap low-budget PC/Console games a la ValuSoft or Activision Value. I've got very little optimism for their moves.

If they also got the original developers it might work. They re-released Red Faction Guerrilla with a Steamworks patch (leaving GFWL behind) so they're not totally assholes.

The Juiced devs have spread out in the British industry years ago. They never really made it anywhere on top of that. Juiced 2 was good on PC, Playable on 360 and unplayable on PS3 but when you had absolute genre classics like Project Gotham 4 dropping around the same time It was going to get lost in the shuffle.

I doubt they would bring it back. Not much of an arcade market on consoles these days.

Yeah, but maybe a "classic" tuning game that isn't total shit like we can find on Steam or mobile platforms could sell. NFS 2015 was mildly disappointing for a lot of reasons with the "kinda MMO but not really" shit gimmick. Maybe there's still some market for a ricing simulator.

Unless that has been eliminated by GTA Online which is half decent as far as ricing sims go. And you can shoot people in the face.

They started off pushing shovelware, however they have been getting better in the past few years and while I don't have major expectations they do have promise in the future. The Guild 3 soon.

The racing genre as a whole has been turned into MMOs, there's very few games I can think of that had large playercounts that didn't have MMO gimmicks like part tiers and grinding towards better loot parts and cars.

I was talking about the "always in a player session bit". The same disappointing small sessions TDU introduced (AFAIK) and that have spread like wildfire among racing games. Those that make sure there's always some dude going 900 kph in the other direction for maximum head on violence, except in TDU/TDU2/The Crew because the quality session algorithm makes sure your session mates are 20km away.
NFS went even further by having the races inside a player session so that someone can potentially fuck your race.

Oh, that's another shitty thing that's popped up in vidya as well. Even back in 2010 when the original All Points Bulletin launched and it had this feature, people could fuck with other people who were in missions by boxing them in with garbage trucks and doing other fucked up shit. It doesn't help that in games like the new NFS that the average skill level is so low that the worst of the worst simracers can still beat most of the playerbase.

What non-game are these webms from by the way I am retarded thanks

One of the post you replyed to said what games they were and I've mentioned they're playing on a rip of ITC's C1. Fuck nigga, just a little bit of comprehension.

None of the posts say what game the webm is nigga

assetto corsa dont post that monstrosity again

spoiler that shit pls

Assetto Corsa and rFactor, as seen in .

I can't stop laughing finding dumb shit like this.

God it looks so comfy. I've never been into sim-like driving games, but I really enjoyed arcade type racers. Never had a chance to try out a steering wheel but maybe I'll change my opinion on sims when I can actually take corners efficiently as I would to.

Do you faggots have any suggestions regarding wheels and are there any good games/wheels which provide realistic gear changes like a clutch and the car stalling if you screw up?

I'm looking at the G27/G29.

All this is curiousity and a whim, don't worry about the money because I can just resell it if it's a good quality product and treat it as a temporary rental to cross potential ideas for indulgence off my list.

I would like gear change and realism shit to practice driving car in real life. I'm bretty okay at it but it might even help me save more money if I buy the wheel and avoid IRL failures and time.

Well ain't that great.

Fuck Redout, I just remembered that BallisticNG is in the works. They managed to get it on Steam somehow too, so convenient updates.

When it's more polished and multiplayer comes out we better play this shit

It's also F R E E

If you want to go full sim autist, Rfactor is usually the way to go, moderately lightweight on modern PCs, plenty of mods available and it's still played extensively. I'm no sim autist myself, but I'm sure people will be willing to help you here
also checked

(Checked) (Checked)
G27/G29 are decent choices, though if money is no issue you can go T500RS + TH8 for consumer level wheels or Fanatec for very high end shit.

But there aren't many games with decent clutch simulations. Off the top of my head, there's rFactor and its derivatives (GTR2, Race 07, Automobilista and so on), Project CARS, City Car Driving and somewhat ETS2 (albeit you can really get away with retarded shit). Decent tools to learn basic clutch operation but two important things will always be missing: g-forces and a feeling for the bite point so you can't learn a lot more.

top qeq

Tried it though, it's moderately fun albeit I'm useless beyond the two first speed classes but there's fuck all to do.

>implying we play games together

You better learn to fast because I'm training for the moment.
The first iteration of multiplayer gets added in early October it seems.
We will this time

I've never played a Wipeout game before (other than BallisticNG I guess) and I have Redout a solid try. It's pretty fun! Works nicely in VR too. But there are some glitches so for now I'm refunding it to see if they get worked out and maybe to wait for it to be sold a little cheaper.

I would blast the f-zero-x soundtrack over this.

good kek

If it's on fast I just won't be playing so maybe one of the other people that replied to your post showing interest will be with you.

I'll reinstall when there's more to than in AC.

You could have at least posted some F-Zero music.

Have some Anarchy Reigns which isn't a racing game but works wonderfully. And bump.

here's a non racing racing theme.

also

also also

I think Eyes of Heaven's sound team is used to doing racing games.

gg kaz

Hilariously, that's a case of realism in ETS2. Truck clutches are built to withstand some of the most retarded shit a driver can pull and it's almost impossible to stall a truck these days. They are just built to survive any retardation a driver throws at it.

I would be shocked to see that game come out in 2017 at this point.

Interesting, I always figured the way the game let me red line then drop the clutch like a retard was a slip in the simulation.

You will eventually damage the clutch if you do it all the time but clutches in trucks are built to just cope with whatever stupid rookie/tired as fuck mistakes you make. A lot of people thought it was a bug for a long time and reported it to SCS till actual truckers who tried ETS 2 said "No it's actually real"

Also, haven't seen it on PRC yet. But allegedly Project CARS 2 is actually finished and the gold backers are playing it. It's not coming out till next year, but it's already content complete and almost feature complete and SMS want to just announce it and release a few months later instead of a massive hype cycle like the last game where they over promised everything.

That might be interesting to see.

I'm bored out of my ass and I want a game with historical cars of large-ish variety. Anyone willing to help?

So they actually updated it? That's pretty good but still does not excuse the appstore cancer

Oh shit. They actually added Wheel Support to Forza 6 Apex. This is probably what is going to be the support list for Horizon 3 as well

Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

archive.is/DfWDI

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MEN

Too bad it's Win10 only, otherwise I'd look into it. Not as much of a fan of Forza as something like Ridge Racer, but they're still fun games.

am I the only one who'd want a proper successor to Pro Street?

I started playing it again recently and man it's as fun as I remembered it.

Got to agree, especially now that I plan to get a G29, I suppose if I will ever get a new computer I will dual OS it

Hell yeah, it did a pretty great job at remaining arcade-ish while maintaining a believable racing event atmosphere.
Also customization was fucking sick.

wew lad

fug forgot my pic

I'm looking into logitech wheels (G27/G29, I'm PC), beyond that seems diminishing returns and will be far more difficult to resell. Reasonable price point and quality with wide support.

Do wheels/stands typically support moving the gear stick to the left side of the wheel? I can't see from pictures.

yeah, Shift and later games never did it for me.

I think it really is the atmosphere that made ProStreet good for me. Announcer that makes sense on this sort of event, cars being shown off, all sorts of flair and shit.

Depends on what you want by historical, but if you're referring to the GNX it's in a few Forza games. Forza games look quite good for oldish US cars if that's your fetish.

GT4 also had a decent list of historical cars.

Was actually just reading about that. Also I like how they just decided to remove the Beta tag.

No, you're not the only one, ProStreet is a great game. Shift games tried to recapture the PS feeling, but were geared too much towards sim whereas PS had this less serious vibe going for it, backed by the PS2 NFS styled on rails handling model.

Also, that game made you pay for repairs and that's the feature I miss the most in every other racing game ever made.

G27/G29 sticks are detached from the wheel unit so you can put them wherever you want. Including in your ass, shifting by moving your entire body.

This is not true for all wheels, lower grade Logitech wheels like the DFGT have the shifter stuck to the wheel and some Fanatec wheels only have a wheel mount for the shifter.

As for the stand, if you're buying one, it depends. Usually the shifter place is screwed on so you could just disassemble and nigger rig it on the other side.

Have to wait for the deal price to appear on the wheel and shit, don't want to pay too much. I'll pay normal prices next week if I can't strike a bargain somewhere. I'm not Jewish but I'm tight even when I got money.

if you havent pirated/bought Redout yet, you're missing out.
It's good fun.

When it decides not to run like trash maybe.

what's ur hardware senpai

Okay as of August 31st, Forza Horizon officially became backwards compatible with the Xboner. I know there are exactly three of you here who own an Xbox One but this is my review of it compared to the 360 version:

All in all it's okay and keeps the existential dread away while I'm at college.

the FH1 servers have been down for a few days now, so the dlc problems are also on 360.
the framerate drops get pretty bad after a few hours

That explains why I wasn't getting rival battles after races.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80GHZ
AMD RX 380 4GB
16 Gigs of RAM

Should be plenty for a low poly game.

Nigga

It works great for just about everything I play, and I've played what should be more intensive shit than Redout. UT4 on the same engine runs perfectly, so why should lowpoly shit run worse?
They fucked up.

of course it runs like shit.

Yes

seems like the servers are back for now tho

Is still worth getting Forza Horizon 1 if I already played and loved the 2nd one?

its free right now you nigger

You need a credit card registered to get free 360 games on Xbone. I never actually owned a 360. Unless they changed that.

Midnight club LA has a good selection of Muscle cars including the GNX. And it's fucking fun Shame they got put on GTA online bitch duty

I fucking loved prostreet it's a shame that it sort of broke after I got my computer fixed but I recently chaged graphics card so maybe that will do it. In the early game it's a great sim-cade game and later it turns into an F-zero light, the event types are varied and spread out well enough NFS '15 is too focused on SIK DRIFT BRAH and holy shit are Speed events dick tingling, the customization if fantastic throughout, and good atmosphere.

Fuck I want another one.

Wut, you have sauce for that? I get why Porsche gets to pass on that shit but VW itself?

I've never played 2 but I'd say no. The big BIG thing is there's no fine tuning. Also the Guide girl is an annoying bitch. There's nothing interesting enough I feel to buy it. But if what says is true then pick it up.

They are but the rivals feature is still disabled for what that's worth.

Audi, Lamborghini and Bentley are still there, so I see no reason to worry about shitty little Golfs and Beetles.

It's extremely out of place even in context. It plays whenever you go to a new course and there's nothing on that level (even the slasher music isn't that metal). I like that I left some of the menu music in as juxtaposition.

Any ways enjoy Never Ever and it probably wouldn't be very good

thanks bill

VW Pulled out of a shitload of Motorsports they weren't already involved with including their plans to get into F1 around the time Dieselgate hit (And they were a rumored 4th manufacturer for NASCAR for their 2018 season but pulled out) so I'd imagine any game being licensed got hit. So only Rally games for now.

I'd imagine Playground were pissed because the Baja Bug is a part of Aussie car history. It was the only Car VW manufactured in Australia and hugely popular.

The Forza press blurb about not including VW makes it sound like they went full Ferrari and asked stupid shit.

Maybe they tried to force the Golf as starter car, like the Fit in GT6, but it didn't work.

the mumble is ded. everyone has moved on to the new location.
HERE IT IS: torvalds.xyz
PORT: 64738
if snooze is on he will tell you about why the old one is dead for good.

Mumble is extremely old, you should consider using Discord instead that doesn't even require a mandatory client, it can all be done from browser

You need to go

Oh hi Mark

I'm basically clueless on the subject, why Discord is this bad?

I don't think it's particularly bad, I just remember Mark going on a crusade against using Mumble because the anons there hurt his feelings.

Don't you mean Ventrilo? That shit old as fuck. Mumble is still in active development, free/libre and open source, and practically better in almost every sense, except being able to run it in an internet browser, which is the #1 reason why people pick it. It's almost retard-proof. On other hand browsers use a fuckton of memory, and Mumble client uses a fraction of that. Also Discord has proprietary server(s) without being able to set up a third party server by oneself, instead a "server" on theirs. Privacy, y'know. They can even share the chatlogs to "business partners", even if it's anonymously, not to mention the possibility of a honeypot.

To be fair, the mumble client still looks like an early Windows Me app

Miles better than material design, though.

Why aren't there custom Mumble clients around? Or even ones that handle text and other stuff on their own but use Mumble for voice servers?
Basically Discord's idea of being Skype x Mumble, but actually using Mumble as a component instead.

I'd take a material design mumble client, but sadly the only personalization of the client is a bunch of Windows Media Player tier skins that all suck balls and no alternate clients.

The reason I removed the mumble was not because of the mumble being dead, but because out of the people who actually went to this general there were one maybe two people that went to the mumble from this general. It was pointless to try to talk about anything there outside of Warframe which is why I gave up.

I have played around with the thought of using Discord, it's actually pretty cool outside of the Chinese botnet shit.

Or even organize anything there. I get it's a mumble with other vidya generals like Splatoon, but I felt like I was begging to get people to (unsucessfully) play anything other than Warframe or their general game which is why I stopped going there.

blog.codemasters.com/f1/09/f1-2016-coming-to-ios-tvos-and-android-devices/
F1 2016 coming to mobile devices, they say it will be a pay app so maybe an actual game and not just something designed to force you to buy ludicrously overpriced in game money.

But no information on which form the game will take, hopefully not something like the old F1 mobile game that was top down and a bit underwhelming.

BallisticNG allows custom music.
BRING ME YOUR BEST BEATS FOR GOING FAST

If I recall correctly a remix of a Kraftwerk song was on Wipeout

Did a few laps with a G27 in F6 Apex. It's pretty good.

Weirdest thing I could find about the FFB is that they also have a wheel shake when the wheels lock up with playing without ABS. On an X1 pad the triggers vibrate for that effect, and while putting it in the wheel is a good way of giving you feedback I'm not sure how it fares with simulation value purists.

Also, with the bonus from playing with a wheel the unbeatable AI becomes a joke. I'm not a good driver (I typically play Codies F1 games in Pro difficulty because I can't keep up with Legend AI) but in the two last races I was like 1 or 2 seconds a lap faster than the fastest unbeatable AI.

Also, for some reason the game decided my computer was too slow for the lowest setting and turned off everything after showing me a popup. Went straight to the option, high, 1080, 60 FPS target and it runs perfectly smooth so what the fuck

Guess it's just me that plays it

I played it

I can't imagine that being the issue, considering the first horizon dropped you into a semi-riced Corrado at the start

SHIEEEEEEET
twitter.com/UbisoftClub/status/773536567105323008
The Crew with all DLC is going to be free on PC in a week.

too bad it s a suck game

Goddammit, third time's the charm.
Also to note; Once you redeem it, it's yours forever.

Yes but now it's a FREE suck game! And there's nothing I love more than a free suck.

Not even the price of free makes that worth it

Where does it say the DLC? All it says it we'll get The Crew, not Wild Run. Whatever I need a Uplay account anyways for a copy of Driver San Fran I fished out of a Dollar store and a free Rayman game is what's currently available.

Also you can stop that.

I get that Origin sucked ass because it's EA but why is Uplay so awful again? Not saying you're wrong would just like some points on it.

Did you not watch the video? He said with all the content they've been adding.

Let me know when this goes free, I'll post an announcement on the group when it does.

Learned enough driving stick through rFactor before doing my real driving license.

September 14th is the date. Says it in the tweet.

Queued up an announcement for it on the 14th. If you join the group, you'll be reminded of this automatically.

Come on Disney, you actually had something there

Not surprising, the whole release felt half assed where they just threw it out the door knowing RDR was the same day and then never fixing some of the problems with PC such as controller support. Ended up picking up a boxed copy at a thrift store back in 2013 for $5.

All the content they've been adding can refer to the updates that came to the base game with Wild Run (physics, graphics, events) and the free cars but not the DLC cars or the Wild Run events.

This is most likely to be what they're doing, basically with Wild Run and the upcoming Calling all Units they can give you the base game so you'll be tempted to drop 20 bucks into WR and some amount of money into CaU.

On one hand, i wanted to try the bloody thing for ages. On another, it's fucking uplay.
On third one, i'm a whore for free shit

I recently got r-factor and wonder how to have proper fun with the game?
I enjoyed the driving so far but feel like I have nothing to do.

Mod it until it crashes, obviously. You can also make a modpack, share it with faggots from here, host a server for it and have wangan-tier fun on ports of GTASA map or something along those lines.

I see.
Any recommendations or modpacks?

Not really, to be honest. I had an install with group B cars and a lot of other shit at some point but it died along with the old HDD.

What a shame.

On another note; I'm actually not very well versed in cars, engines and such.
I'm making my driver's license and will be driving for the first time soon.
I've always liked cars but I have no clue where to even begin and get versed in actually knowing about cars.

Don't buy Mazda rotaries unless you have money for major repairs when dorito finally cracks.
Don't buy old german cars unless you have lots of money that you're gonna sink into repairing all the shit that gives out with time.
Don't buy old american cars unless you like 10-15MPG and non-existent steering.
Don't ever buy a car that was riced. Just don't.
Steer clear of JDM dealers, at least 70% of them are scammers or just assholes.
And for the love of Lee Iacocca, don't rice your fucking car

Well, I'm in Gerrmany so things are a bit different when it comes to purchasing.
That also doesn't really explain how to get into knowing cars.
I'll not rice my car.

It applies to cars globally, do mind.
If you want to get very basic idea of cars work, play Automation or Car Mechanic Simulator - they're both kinda shallow but are a neat educational tool.
And watch some regular car reviews for car memes.

Buy the cheapest shitbox you can find. It's your first car, it's bound to get scratches and most likely end up in a ditch or a tree. Plus you'll avoid getting raped by the insurance.

Also nice trips

Visit >>>/o/ Please. It's dead but there's some thread floating around

But just learn what fluids go where is a good start.

There are some cars to avoid like red Honda civics to avoid getting raped in the ass by insurance, But yeah, don't go getting something greatly desirable as EVERYONE will crash, and beforehand abuse the shit out of it.

Anyways Car Combat games

Deader than dead aside from Carmageddon Reincarnation max damage pc version when

>max damage pc version when
I'm guessing October.

Don't forget that Gas Guzzlers Extreme is a thing. The Max Damage pc version hasn't been announced yet since they want people to buy the console version first before they hand it out for free to people who already bought it. I'd say probably around Halloween at the earliest and around Christmas at the latest.

Also Car combat's dead because 1. The Vanguard of the genera David Jaffe fell to the SJW's so nothing as dark as TM:Black again least someone be triggered.

2. Car combat games came around as a way translate arena shooters to consoles that didn't have the right controls for twitch shooting. And now that Arena Shooters are dead and FPS have found their audience with Cod, Battlefield, Halo, there's no reason to make up reasons for why people are driving around in battle cars.

Of course the rise of the FPS on console alone wouldn't cause the complete death of Car Combat. It transitioned from Arena Shooter in cars to Racing game with guns (as demonstrated by Jak X and Split Second). But the racing genera is dominated by sim-autists who wax carrot over "muh realism" and have also killed of the arcade racer as well. So the market is laughably small compared to casuals and autists who'll lap up any shit put in front of them.

To add on even more to why there's no more car combat games, there's no smaller dev teams that can get away with Low budget for decent profits to make the damn things anymore. And the Indies have repeatedly show their incompetence even with the most basic of game types. And the AAA publishers don't see enough of a market to make anything racing related.

Fuck me, I forgot it existed. Fuck me twice, I actually fucking own it.

At least you bought it. I actually think that game is cursed slightly since everyone seems to forget that it's a thing despite being one the last car combat game made of note.

I remember it being okay and having a very convincing Duke Nukem impersonator. Who, I think, is actually Clint, the guy that runs LGR

It is LGR, I recall him making a video about it.

Ordered a G27 kit. Price is probably less than average going price but if I bought 2 months ago I could've said 20%, but there's a trend in demand right now inflating prices a little, probably all uni fags buying before they start the year. Anyway I'll see how it goes and scratch my curiousity itch when it arrives to see if racing games are something I can take more interest in. I'll look into buying a stand only when I'm sure I'm keeping it, or if I can get one cheap enough.

I just want freestyle riding and shit, fuck's sake. When is Crew goin' free on uplay again? Was it 14th or 15th?

It's because the G27 is now discontinued for the G290, and it's simfags panic buying G27s and holding onto them.

G920*, just fuck my shit up tbh fam.

Can confirm, IIRC he mentioned it in his review

Yeah.

The G27 also has a really soft and easy brake compared to the G920 which has a pressure simulation. You have to really press down on that sucker on the G920 to get a car to stop (And it only really works well in PCARS since SMS helped design it. You have to dial in a better deadzone on other games). It might be going into a revised G29 next year which is why there's panic buying.

Some people prefer the new brake to the older one though. Depends on your setup, really.

So if you don't already have it, Dirt Rally is $30 for the weekend or $27 for monthly subscribers.

humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally

The Fourteenth but it will be available till mid-October so don't sweat missing it. I'm sure someone will re-announce when it's actually available.

1.I've always went with the Duke voice but never knew it was Clint who did the voice. That's fucking awesome.
2.I never knew that GGE was actually pretty old. Pretty neat to see them keep it updated.

It's amazing because mods to make the pedal stiffer were very popular with the G27, and when Logitech integrates it into the stock package people hate it.

I get the feeling that everyone who wanted Dirt Rally bought it already.

Be careful with your wishes, it is 2016 after all.

That's also true, it's a huge conflict
It's like with many other titles, they beg for a sequel or a remake, but under current industry standards they'd end up being a mess

Such is life in the zone.

Wouldn't even want it for free tbh

nuCriterion are working on a Burnout-like game so your first wish can be granted
inb4 it's an early access Steam game like Wreckfest

AFAIK TD is still owned by Atari which have pretty much disappeared

None of the TD devs would be around for it anyway

Distinctive Software folded into EA. And why would you want them. The original creator and Designer of Test Drive was Don Matrick (This isn't a joke either. Don Matrick created Test Drive and was the producer on the original Need For Speed).

Pitbull Syndicate are now Ubisoft Reflections
Eden Games are now Ivory Tower
Monster Games basically signed a lifetime deal to make NASCAR Games when they left Nintendo.

Everything we love is left to die.

It only took them about 9 years to add a somewhat functioning anti cheat so the leaderboards aren't just faggots completing stages in seconds.

ACAT is now dead

I was going to buy it this weekend, but that might be a dealbreaker. I absolutely hate VAC, Punkbuster and other anti-cheats with a passion ever since the VAC incident back in 2008 where a bunch of people had VAC issues for running the same anti-virus I did. I have too much to risk over false positives now and it doesn't help that anti-cheat support is guilty until proven guilty.

seems like the horizon 3 demo is coming out in 9/11
archive.is/Axq8c

Well I guess I'll just be playing the crew until I get bored of it, then I'll see about getting FH3 for cheap.

Muh Rollcage.

Depends on what scope they use, but typically VAC only enforces binary security and ACAT is a filesystem mod. This is true in Counter-Strike games for example, where you could use a pseudo wallhack by installing a transparent wall mod and joining sv_pure 0 servers.

I guess it really depends if ACAT can be used to fuck with the leaderboards or change the performance of the cars.

I mean that if they implement VAC the way Valve and other devs do it, the only way to get banned would be to have a trainer of sorts that hacks the performance of the car or fucks with the timer.

Any other sort of modification would be detected in game (via integrity checks). Just pop something at the start of the game, then discard the times set by the user. Job done and modding can keep going on without impacting the leaderboards.

It's fun.

link to track and car plox ;_;

Track is the C1 loop as made popular by highway racing such as Wangan Midnight.

mediafire.com/download/ol1szakxrm1bpdh/TOKYO SHUTO EXPRESSWAY 'C1 Outer Loop' v0.1b.zip

Car is the Red Bull X1, a concept car created in 2010 that reaches absolutely batshit speeds and can casually blow out Formula 1 records like a cakewalk.

mediafire.com/download/abk9hf7zn85252o/RedBullX1_v1.0.1.7z

Note that you'll need a copy of rFactor first, you can yarr it or if you want to do it legally, Bundlestars for $2.50 with other games.

bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle

This is quite comfy but I fee like I got into it too late

Have you played PGR4? The weather brings up the comfy to 11. Nordschleife in the snow is fantastic.

Outside of PGR4, the only game I can name off the top of my head is rFactor.

*Bump* Also there is now a 10MB cap for webms so rev up those high quality OCs.

Nyesss

Which racing game has the best water effects?

Codemasters games. DiRT 2 & 3 for the windshield wiper animation and F1 games for the sprays

Just played a bit of Apex with a G27 and god it's brutal once you turn the assists off. Easily the hardest sim I've played. Did a race in the night in Sebring with GTs.
The combo of a car with a backend that goes loose under braking nearly instantly, kerbs that push you back into the track or make you lose all grip and crap concrete track surface makes it a butt clenching experience.
Factor in the AI in pole using the OP car of the class, and AI overall being very, very aggressive and it becomes so goddamn difficult.

But it was fun once the AI stopped bullying me into turn 1

I'll give you a tip m8.

1993 -1995 Mercedes E - Class w124

You can also buy 1989 -1993 if you want a bit less performance and prefer the pre-facelift look

Also, Bmw e34 if you got cash for maintainance. Volvo 850/855/v70 if you want fwd and dank turbo engines

years of trying to get stuff under 8mb and now we can post 10mb webms

What a time to be alive Think Codemonkey will ever add back in the music player option which was the only thing going for next?

Also has anyone else played Blood Drive? It's not very good due to major performance issues but still has character going for it.

I wrote myself some DOS code that lets me know what settings I need to get my stuff under 8MB. All I need to do is change one line of code to adjust for the new 10MB limit.

anybody playing the multiplayer mod for euro truck simulator 2? we can make a convoy

Nice, i'll try to make a short gameplay video and see what i can get

Here's some test footage, no audio because i set the recording program on the wrong device so it ended up with a bunch of nothing

Does anyone have that image of the ideal Euro Truck Sim 2 controller layout?

If not, does anyone have one anyway?

why would you do that to yourself

Because of analog controls?
Why else?
Analog is a lot more natural and far more similarly emulates a steering wheel than digital input.
right?

i play on a controller but i don't think you can translate it's layout to anything since it has extra buttons and a built in wheel

Not with how shit all the gamepads are.

best controller of the year every year, my only complaint is the d-pad being very similar to the xbawks 360 one except the d-pad like other buttons is mechanical so it's tolerable

back trigger thingies (R2/L2) for throttle/braking
L1/R1 for gear changes
R3/L3 for signalling
Triangle for connecting/disconnecting trailer
square for lights on/off
x for parking brake
circle for horn or whatever you want
reset/back button = swipers
arrows for wahtever you feel like

alright now that we started some light euro truck conversation, what do you pick?
4x2
6x2/4
6x2
6x4
6x2 taglift
6x2 midlift
tip: taglift is glitched and you get extra acceleration while your back set of wheels is lifted

4x2
All about that Renault racing truck
or the Skoda in the multiplayer

b-but user carrying trailers on the skoda is against the rules
to answer my own question i use the 6x2 taglift for both the speed bug and the highest stability in game (implying turning radius means shit if you can just up your sensibility)

speed bug?

So are you saying I should play it with a Mouse and keyboard?

Seems to me kind of covers it all.
Pretty good user.
I'll give it a try like that.
I'll start driving in Germany in real life soon. Will this actually help me practice driving before even driving a real car?

no

6x2 taglift, when you lift the butt you get extra acceleration. In fact if your truck has a powerful enough engine and a load heavy enough you can wheelie on takeoff

6x6 when?

Not sure. I'm not even sure how far ATS is along with the states.

While it's a very small detail, I really want them to make sure they properly get the border crossing of PA/NY right and add the toll signs before the NY signs start. It's basically "pay us money and then we'll welcome you to the state" in sign form.

Oh well.
That's what I thought.

Second picture sort of looks like the concept controller that PS3 had in 2004/2005 when they made a giant ass boomerang to be special instead of the standard Dualshocks.

Always 4x2 for sick handling capabilities when racing other people.

Any turnleft fans? NASCAR Heat Evolution comes out Tuesday.
I hope it's okay, the Eutechnyx titles were awful, but this is being done by former Papyrus staff, the same Papyrus that did NASCAR Racing. That being said if it isn't better than NASCAR Racing 2004 with mods it won't be worth it.

It was actually smaller than the Dualshock, contrary to what people assumed from the pictures, and those who used it actually reported it to be more comfortable. Basically, the Sixaxis prototype was in New Coke type situation, where testers liked it but it got memed into oblivion.

you could try corralling some freetards in to heavily modify Stunt Rally/VDrift or Dolphinity or TORCS, but then they'd probably just go back to infighting on some forum/IRC and shitting out Tux and MLP decals

Stability is useless for touge, it's all about reactivity and being good at going on two wheels. Actually got a kick from ETS2MP for racing last time I played.

But I might try the taglift bug, I already do stoppies on the bumps you can see in front of recruitment agencies. Wheelies and stoppies could be fun, maybe chain them with a jump from one of those slanted ramps inside truck dealers.

I think it was memed because it looked a bit like ass. But I'd try it.

jesus why did they steal GT's AI code

If only the mofos at ETS2MP released the server software
We'd race on the autobahns all day listening to Kraftwerk and Eurobeat and Kraftwerk Eurobeat remixes

What is the gayest car?

idk if these games count because you are not really racing yet, but I play BeamNG.drive and Spintires. And every once in a while Wreckfast (I regret buying it by the way).

anything thats in >>>/o/8582 fammy

Miata. It's a hairdresser car that poor kids buy or frugal mid life crisis adults purchase to make themselves think they bought a race car.

when you grab a dictionary and look for the word "gay", the definition reads out "An RX-7"

So before I go to bed and wait for my steering wheels and pedals to arrive in the next few days, what games should I be looking into buying, PC fag. I see Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, rFactor all on Steam. Assetto seems to have most players IIRC. Only racing game fit for a steering wheel I have is DiRT Rally. Maybe I should look into scurving them all and buying only the 1 I need for multiplayer? But I see some have lots of DLC, so best asking.

How many games allow you to tune up mediocre cars to compete with high power vehicles and shatter dreams?

Forza and NFS both let you make great shitbox sleepers.

Also
What kinda wizard are you? And does anyone else find the DeTomosa disappointing?

I know I've asked this before, but what are some good arcade-y games similar to RR4? Even playing the PSP and N64 titles has left me wanting more RR4. So I booted that up and ran through MMM's Grand Prix for funsies. Wish more games played like that.

He just used a low bitrate and it shows, you can clearly see a lot of compression artifacts. There's also the fact that it's in 4:3. A 4:3 480p webm will require a lower bitrate than a 16:9 one for example.

I've been slowly warming up to this new Mercedes after seeing the Mercedes SLS GT3 in vidya for the past 4 years or so.

wheres the demo microcuck

I thought the demo wasn't coming out for PC.

It was never stated whether PC would get one but the xboner version didn't release either.

I was looking and a bunch of people are saying it comes out tomorrow morning.

How annoying, at the very least I wanted to see streams of the demo version tonight.

Also for some reason the Morgan GT3 is here, though it has body roll out the ass and in general can't keep up with the newer GT3 models. So far the Mercedes has been the fastest model around my test track.

im an xboner

Your car.

It depends, you could try to pirate them all anyway.
- Project CARS is okay, especially the GOTY edition. Maybe not worth the asking price considering it works randomly so you could be screwed if it doesn't like your PC.
- AC is decent but still reeks of early access despite leaving it nearly a full year ago. Online playerbase is fractured between DLC packs and mods. And the AI is underwhelming.
- rFactor is not too expensive but frankly you might as well pirate 11 years old software. If you really want a version of rFactor, invest a little bit more in Automobilista. Beware that in any case, online would still require you to hunt down mods to join most servers.

I also recommend Race 07 and expansions, it's yet another rFactor mod, but the default car list is decent, WTCCs are good for beginners and it's still somewhat active in public lobbies. Maybe pirate but I don't think online works with pirated copies, unlike rFactor.

And the Codemasters F1 games, not sim grade but better with a wheel and quite fun. 2016 is by far the best one, 2010 is a good choice for something cheap (does the "immersive" career mode thing, less dumbed down physics, but GRID styled lack of colors). 2012 has decent wheel support. 2013 has the classic DLC. Haven't played 2011, but it seems like a continuation of 2010 with worse UI. 2014 is underwhelming, not much more than a 2013 reskin with the 2014 cars. 2015 is decent if you can get it not to shit its pants and crash like a Lotus F1 driver.

Also, ETS2 for the comfies.

And Forza 6 Apex if you sold your soul to Microsoft.

Here's how I see it:
Go for AS if you like hot lapping. The AI is subpar and (at least a few months ago) the multiplayer was less than ideal and the community was all about shaving seconds. The handling model and tracks are supposedly better than in the competition (though you probably wont notice the difference unless you're really on your shit and to be honest you don't seem like it) plus there's some cool mods.
PCars has supposedly better multiplayer for fucking around racing and AI but no mods and some people really didn't like how they jewed the money out of the players to make their game and the funding scheme made it so that there were A LOT of shills and very dedicated fanboys (Star Citizen level).
Both have bunch of DLC that to me seems overpriced so I've not bothered with it.
I can't really speak about rFactor.

Honestly if you don't mind rally, Dirt Rally is probably the best out of those options in my opinion and all I really play at this point. Forza Horizon 3 is launching in about two weeks though so if you have W10 installed or are willing to install it you could wait for that. There's also Forza Apex but apparently there's something funky abou the handling when you use a wheel but I don't know for sure since I've not tried it myself.

Does Dirt Rally have a large playerbase in these threads? Anyone interested in setting up a league?

It's an older title, the major draw is that it has an utterly insane amount of mods and tracks available for basically almost anything you can think of. The downside to this is that it's difficult to find drop in and drop out multiplayer as most servers run mods. It's also too expensive on Steam, as Bundlestars has it for $2.49 or if you pirate it the multiplayer also works.

If you're looking for rFactor with better drop in and drop out multiplayer, RACE 07 is the same engine but with less mods and more vanilla content.

Stopped me on the front page. I don't really into the racing game genre, because I've historically assumed it to be extremely market-focused car otaku porn, but I love me some fucking fast. Are there (m)any racing games which evoke the sense of euphoria that Sonic Unleashed and Tribes: Ascend did, and are not just about driving your extremely specific car-fu around a track?

You can thank the super autistic simulation subgenre for that one.

Try looking at games like F-Zero GX, Wipeout, BallisticNG or Redout for hyper fast [VGS] gameplay. BallisticNG is also free on Steam right now.

store.steampowered.com/app/473770/

NEW F-ZERO NEVER EVER

Considering the biggest franchises are about collecting cars it's not a bad assumption.
For speed look at arcade games. Things like Burnout or Outrun. For toppest speed, antigrav racers.

Rally is all about going fast. It's pretty much the most demanding style of racing as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure it's anything like a Sonic game or T:A but it's fucking fast. Sounds like you might be better off with some of the Wipeout games, perhaps F-Zero or if you want something rooted in real life Burnout Paradise lets you go pretty damn fast. I'll still shill for Dirt Rally till I die but that might be a little hard for someone who doesn't really care about driving games.

Just to point out, Dirt Rally is still on sale on the Humble Bundle store for $30. I've been considering getting it and starting up a league there again since we used to have one that went MIA. Not sure how good Dirt Rally is though for that pricetag. I'm still salty that the lower tier video cards came with it for free while I bought the higher tier video card and got nothing for purchasing it.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Redout looks particularly promising.
It's also at least partially because I have a relative who is such a person. JDM, BRO. HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT JDM, BRO? CHECK THIS SICK YOUTUBE DRIFT COMPILATION, BRO. THIS NIGGA CRAZY, HE PUT [an engine] IN [a car]! SELL ME YOUR HONDA, BRO. I don't mind it, it's just not of particular interest to me, probably because I don't know much about it.

For this reason, I'm expecting that I'll like Anti-Grav best. I messed with some arcade racers back on the PS1, RIIIIIIDGE RACER but they didn't hold me long-term. I'll look into your recommendations, though.

Check vid related for Sanic. If Dirt Rally is representative of most Rally games, gameplay looks technical, but based around real-world limitations. I love high skill ceilings, but I want to go faster than I suspect that will allow.

I'd play in the league. I've not played all that much lately because I've been busy but at least I could try.

Rally certainly allows you to go fast. There's quite a lot of technique involved though that's true. It certainly won't let you go supersonic speeds since as you said it is tied to reality.

Who else Choro Q here?

Early console copies were being shown on Youtube. Career mode is exactly like Dirt To Daytona if you were starting in cup series and both the AI and Physics look really good since you could get things like blow overs. The AI makes mistakes and causes yellows as well along with scaling up to how good you are though you can set it manually. Saw a stream where some guy did set it up maximum. Started playing rough and the AI Carl Edwards intentionally dumped him into the barrier. One of the Xfinity drivers, Ryan Ellis even showed on twitter he intentionally started fucking with the AI of Matt DiBennidetto (Who is his real life friend) and the AI Pinned him against the wall in retaliation (Or Nemechecked him if you have been keeping up with).

Graphics are rough and they were playing the PS4 and Xbone versions so the Framerate was a rollercoaster of silky smooth 24FPS when the field got busy. Content wise it only has sprint cup and Monster has said that it will probably be the 2017 game that has Xfinity and Truck series.

If you are a turnleft fan, it sounds good first day. Everyone else can wait for the steam sale since it sounds too light on content so far. Might be a F1 2015/2016 situation.

Well now I kinda want it too.

Ok i get that the game is fast, but how about this:
How would you fix this?

Learning the track layout through tedious trial and error.

They aren't about being fast, they're about memorization.

Then it feels less of a platform, which is what it tries to be, clearly.

Also forgot to mention it's not Parpyrus (Most of their staff are on iRacing these days). It's developed by Monster Games. Original creators of NASCAR Heat and Dirt To Daytona. Not sure how it effects your purchase but Dirt To Daytona was an absolute classic.

Console versions look like console versions (Silky smooth 24FPSand really rough) but it could be great on PC.

This is why I like rally (at least in theory) since you have the codriver with notes that you can use to go fast even on new tracks. Too bad most really games don't have enough courses/changing courses to make memorising them harder. There needs to be a really game where the courses are built from blocks and the blocks can be randomised to simulate changes between seasons.

I'd personally wait a few weeks to see how the situation evolves and emulate Dirt to Daytona in the meanwhile

I don't like rally games too much. I just can't drift…

Pic related it's like I'm in Hell.

the expansion of ATS is currently on hold because they've decided to re-scale the map to make it larger

Gentlement, we passed the 300 replies, this thread is no longer autobumping, see you next thread

god damn, only 10 days this time

gotta shitpost fast

I guess this thread can coast until tomorrow, then we'll create a new one with the nascar game as OP to attract americans.

are you sure that's wise

Anyway I see Ubisoft is giving away The Crew, but is the download link available yet?

Nope, 14th

I tried to play the US release, but that game doesn't hold me so well. It's a neat set up and works well in PCSX2, just can't bring myself to care about it. Probably because I keep expecting the town to actually have interesting dialogue and it never does.

Track day BRO
Also I'd like to say NFS Prostreet if not for the regular racing then the Speed events should scratch whatever fast itch you have.

Also some later Ridge Racer games (64 in particular at the end) might interest you as well though they do start off a bit slow before going hectic.

Don't forget Monster also did Test Drive:Eve of Destruction

And going fast.

And somehow I'd doubt we could make a board without it being dead.

I honestly feel the bump limit should be a bit higher if possible.

Is there an open world driving game like the crew or TDU with proper wheel support, that also allows you to lean out the window and shoot and the burk that just scratched your paint?

ETS/ATS with TrackIR fits the bill pretty much except the gun bit.

I've got ETS, it's the gun bit I'm specifically looking for. Sometimes just ramming them isn't enough to take out my frustration.

Interstate 76 might not have the Wheel support but it's probably the only game you can blast fools in And have a dedicated Poetry button

That spoiler really sells it. I'll have a look at it, thanks.

Meanwhile I'll have a look for wheel support for gta and it's clones.

We don't even have a hundred members on Steam nor had a proper length multiplayer event, still a bit too small for that kind of thing though we've been close.

Not many people would browse a dedicated board, mainly because no one would find it. /f1/ for example is extra slow compared to 4/sp/ threads. But it means less shitposting so I'll take that. /f1/ threads derive into madness when there's a lull in the race and it's unbearable.

You can probably do something with a GTA game, a free camera mod, FreePIE and a TrackIR. Using FreePIE to map TrackIR axis to the keys and mouse look to move the camera around.
Wheel support would be the spotty bit, GTA IV can be used with X360CE albeit with no FFB and apparently SAAC for SA has some FFB settings but I doubt they're any good.
Also I'm pretty sure you would be shooting all over the place.

Kinda disappointed that no one else used the swedish brick

There were a few of the Mercedes out, only one or two Volvobricks and one or two foxbodies, and 4Chan used Holdens and Supras.

mp4 because it's just a cut video. check out the ets2 wheelie i talked about

Horizon demo looks good, shame there's no PC version.

Forgot video. Basically it starts the same as the E3 demo but then you get to choose a car and fuck around in a decent chunk of the open world. There's also limited multiplayer open world.

PC version is out tomorrow.

Shit really? Any source on that?

Fuck, looks like it's not coming out until launch now.
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Demo_Announce

Fucking niggers.

so with the new forza the ps4 is now guaranteed to be the last current gen console to have a game?

What?

It'll be the last console of the currenr generation to get a racing game, is what I think he meant. Not really sure.

Pretty sure it's the old standby of PS3 4 has no games Which isn't true, what with Ridge Racer 7, Motorstorm, and Modnation Racers. Though it does feel like PS4 only has Bloodborne and the only thing on the horizon, GTSport is going to be unashamedly shit

Also could someone make a new thread already jesus fuck

new thread faggots: