Will DLC ever become unpopular with the common consumer?

Will DLC ever become unpopular with the common consumer?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program
archive.is/9kUsD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The common consumer is a fucking retard.

DLC isn't bad. DLC that should be in the original game, is shit, or overpriced is.

IT'S OK GOYIM, YOU WERE SHOT BUT SINCE WE REMOVED THE BULLET YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE TO THE SHOOTER

And people say Jews aren't the superior species.

This is why vidya will never be good again, normalfags have been trained to be the perfect consumer whores.

This DLC as a concept isn't bad. It's just that companies abuse the shit out of it.

Not as long as it continues to make money. As long as people are buying it, companies will continue to push it, and the common consumer will buy into it. It's a positive feedback loop. The only way I can see breaking it is if someone goes back to the "expansion pack" model with lots of new content at a reasonable price and they make a shitton of money off of it. Ideally we'd have games with both expansion packs and DLC (maybe with packs of DLC included with expansions) but I guess EA and a bunch of other companies haven't figured out that principle of balance yet.

The Common Consumer has gone the way of the faggot. They will take the reaming that happens now and the pozzing of the future.

It's pretty amazing what these early access games can get away with. I've seen physical copies of an early access game at Walmart once.

I actually thought about paying more just to get rid of stuff I don't want.
It was a passing thought.

may god have mercy on our souls.

Fuck off Target

WIDF detected, how much is Sam Walton paying you?

Wait, so they have the money to print and ship physical copies (I'm assuming DVDs, those would be cheapest) but not enough money to actually finish the game… w… what?

Also,

COSTCO GO HOME

What the fucking shit?

nigger can you not have fun for 3 minutes

I am having fun.

there is only 3 things of actual DLC up there.

the Train Simulator DLC is something else. an user explained why that game and the other European Train Sims have DLC in the first place, but I'll breakdown what he said.

basically, playing a train sim is for people who can't buy actual collections.

I remember there was a sale once.

Bioshock + Bioshock 2
$9.49

Bioshock + Bioshock 2 + Bioshock Infinite
$9.99

I had to think about it for a moment and eventually just asked Holla Forums.

You just got the $9.49 deal, right?

Well let's just say I had enough left over to buy Capsule, which was $0.50 at the time, and it's one of the cooler games I've played in recent years.

There is no possible justification for this. Period.

Don't you like trains, user?

I'm pretty sure some train autist actually bought all of this shit.

Making the Jews feel proud.

Yeah, there's an unspoken romanticism of smells of people having defecated in the corner of each carriage and the pigeon that's been stuck on the damn thing for 4 stops now, not to mention the interactions with the extremely passive aggressive ticket checkers.

Yeah I fucking love trains. Gods gift to fucking earth trains are. Fucking trains.

but Total War Warhammer has some pretty decent DLC
There's also nothing wrong with the base game and only medieval 2 cucks who shill their mods think otherwise

Here's you're (1)/(You)

Have you ever met a hobby autist?

the dlc is too jewish for my taste and every warhammer total war thread is Holla Forums shitting blood that someone could possibly enjoy a game
so i just play it and dont talk about it

Why are there so many spergs with train obsessions? There's one in particular that I know of, quite well known for doing things with shit games, the guy puts trains into these games, plays train games, and even works with trains.

Yeah I really love how the reskin units call them unique, and give them their own shitty campaign.

you're thinking of the medieval 2 mod

yeah yeah, call me a shill. but the prices of those trains are comparable to real life models.

the map DLC is what I call bullshit on though.

Do not bully the Trainwiz.

Does he fuck trains too?

Are they as detailed as real models, though?

YOU ALREADY PAYED SIXTY DOLLARS FOR THE FUCKING GAME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IT'S NOT EVEN FINISHED

What a fag.

Trains are sexually arousing.

i don't know, it's just something another user had said in one of these threads. someone posted something about neptunia having a fuckton of DLC and someone posted that Train Simulator image about the DLC.

I should have screencapped it.

SFV DLC was designed by M.Bison
CPT DLC only available for a short time… wtf?

All those things do sounds pretty great.

Now I kinda wanna ride it since I'm going to be traveling to and from the area…

Kys

I welcome the next economic collapse.

Wait, there aren't even any Russian trains in there? What is the fucking point then?

What's the big deal goy? It's just optional extra content, nobody's forcing you to buy it. What are you, poor?

So?

They're not physical models, which might justify the cost through their production which is greater than making a 3d model of it. It's absurd prices for a digital trains.

Might as well be ordering a Lots and Lots of Trains DVD, and I can get the whole set on Amazon for $30.

I have autism and my obsession is air defense networks. My theory is that long ago trains were the acceptable outlet for spergs, and even as other cooler things like surface to air missiles spread trains had the most established community. You have train models and sims and there are lots of people to sperg at in this subject. Basically autismos were locked into trains.

No. Games are a commodity now, so as a hobbyist you have to rub elbows with the unwashed masses.

And the unwashed masses want garbage. Tons of it, crammed one shovel full at a time into their slack jawed mouths.

DLC isn't going anywhere, and it only gets worse from here. Eventually you'll be paying $60 or more a month just to have 30 days of access to a "library" of titles you "lease". It only gets shittier from here on out.

THEY SHIT ON YOUR PLATE FOR 60 BUCKS AND YOU WANT A SECOND HELPING ON THE OFF CHANCE THEY GIVE YOU THE STEAK YOU ASKED FOR?!

Most likely no, though occasionally a publisher overplays their hand and the average series fan gets on their case over it. Such as with Namco and the Alicia controversy.

Don't think it happens often enough though.

Holy shit there are still shills and white knights for this? How? For the last week news on this turd was that refunds and critical receptions were so bad that retailers had to announce restrictions on refund policy and the game itself was experiencing negative player base growth and profits. This fucking bomb is The Game That Finally Made Normalfags Wake Up In Mass, how can anyone be retarded enough to go down with this ship and still have the mental functions to be tool-using?

That's the kinda shit that objectively bigger and better actual games put in as free updates.

This is turbo-Jewry. How do you even charge that with a straight face?

Their laughter is hidden behind their nose.

no

Consumers are terrorised by govt/media into paying for shit. Not good things. Shit

They do that to show they aren't one of the bad guys.

These traitorous scum can't be blamed too much for their actions by you, but they can by me.

DLC for games may help them go from good games to great games. Like Mass Effect 2. More to do.

In my accurate statement I am about to give you Mass Effect 1/2 was about 1 100th of the size it needed to be.

Need to be able to go around vast cities, get lost and find things. In that order (incase subtlety in flashing neon still escapes you, though maybe it should to stop it getting pinned down where it doesn't belong).

MGSV was also small.
Far Cry 2 same.

Not enough in them.

Money is a disease.

Something can be made. And who likes it add glory to it. More set pieces. More of what they would liked to see. Nothing animu though.

People keep building what things are.

Do it to have that. Fans contributing however they can, if they just like it, nothing wrong then in keeping the construction of it from attackers. Aiding it's ecosystem. Their talent.

And everyone has one.

If something ia good to them/important to them it becomes part oftheir world and vice versa.

Being their best, both ways for eachother.

Train Simulator isn't a joke game. It was one of the core simulator games that all the [Job] Simulator joke games are based off.

it already is

Oh shit, it's this guy again.

Fuck off gook

Just don't buy digital shit or anything with an online focus. Nintendo can never take my NES games from me, no matter how jewish they become. Steam and Microsoft and whoever else can take your downloaded games from you whenever they like.

Fuck off gook.

Shouldn't want good games to cease development while they're (in)complete. Nor to force a story/ending.

May take more than one lifetime to tell right.
Look at Batman. Worthless comic. Later half decent movie and good sequel. Then Tim Burton started thinking he was good or something and left the world to be fucked over by plastic and parody.

Tim Burton in charge of building a world, not for cameras, for you, would turn out well. And continue well. The money problem, should do things for passion, make things to be deeper, to have unrealised potential for others to make their own stories.

Materials, construction, should all be headed by his romantic or rather original whims. Incorporate some space. Some privacy. Expectation of life worth the background.

People building things themselves fine. Do so with materials they take and add to.

Build great things to confirm the greatness of others.

Those saying what around is nothing have nothing in them to recognise it.

Poetic as ever.

Not funny enough.

Better:
Claymore with an antenna and a phone cord rigged to blow it if someone walks off with it.

Could even put a mobile phone on it so it worked. Would work a little too well if someone had a long distance relationship with a female.

What an unriddiculeably good idea:

Get Tim Burton, Sweeny and the rest of the human beings into telling artists that draw uncomplicated faces to do better things and how.

Artists otherwise just continuing to make things, and use their own undefined mannerism to bring their thing in too.

Nothing to buy so good as their dreams that can be touched by them, at least walked through, while machines are built to fabricate the design. Game could also show processes that may emerge from the designs. So better progression from itself can be for what is built by it.

He can be in charge of the night.

Sega in charge of the day.

I kinda knew that this would happen, yet still hoped it wouldn't.

Take your fucking meds

Even normalfags are becoming annoyed by certain DLC practices. They're currently joking about the Warhammer DLC costing "x Charlemagnes" after CA stated that the lacklustre Beastman DLC cost as much as all of the much bigger Charlemagne DLC.

the edf thread was filled with people praising a mission pack dlc that could have been included with the base game but wasnt

the fact is v loves dlc

Good to emphasise the point with the phone:

It blows if it is picked up. Press loudspeaker, softly, and if she starts sounding suspect the whole audience can help finalise a plot to extract every bit of love from the culprit with interest. Also kidnap her, because women like that kind of thing according to Deadpool. Maybe spend more time in the resolution planning then the revenge plotting. Have a helmet next to the phone for the audience to pay admission. Things go wrong they bet on the wrong horse and the winner gets the cash pool to help with the reparations. $100 minimum buy in. A microphone next to the phone, everyone within a kilometre having a rough picture of what just happened and cursing the result of the race which they are oblidged to pay up. Who wants to be thousandaire kind of thing. Everybody wins.

I EXERT STRESS
WHEN I EXPORT BEATS

I don't like the "Could have been in the base game" argument. By that logic, every-fucking-thing "could" have been in the base game. Throne of Bhaal could have been in Shadows of Amn!

We really need another crash.

are you gonna complain about 0 lvl anime tanks not being in the base game too? DLC missions drop no new guns and are just another bunch of "kill X ants and several alium mechs walking around"

They need to pay for licenses to use those trains in their game. It's the same reason why so many games have fake names for guns and cars.

not equivalent. the dlc was released when it was on ps4 for a long time

yup you think its ok when japan does it. nep and senran also packs it in shamelessly and weeb betas here love it

Dragon Age should have had DLC about Mo, it did, and I didn't play it. I am ashamed of myself, but I didn't want to ruin the story, which was getting approval sufficient to bed her oñ the first night. Funny looking n.

The Last of Us was near perfect except for having an American flag in it, it that place. It didn't need anything, so I didn't want to ruin it playing dlc. Also the girl is strait because homosexuality isn't real.

Games being intentionally made wrong may work somehow. But it's preferable for them to be awesome.

War games like Killzone 2 shouldn't have much of a story. Just show warzones and try not to die in them. Do that long enough war is over; there.

Killzone could have ben interesting in that they'd gone to war with eachother so long their whole system was a part of it. That and the other guys are justified and everyone should die but doesn't want to vs kill them all.

One of them needing to win for things to be about them. Helghast were already attacking their own failings. ISA were ignoring failings and trying to spin things an make things for the spin.

Both arguably good. But ISA corrupt indeed killing Helghast. Erasing their history by doing so as if their things are clean of a bad past. Maybe built to be ignorant of things that matter. Always ahead.

Could have become a good story with two sides on the front line working together to seperate them. Firstly so people don't die. Secondly so they build somethig decent. End as a faction both try to kill, ironically succeeding. But things built against them like their own doing. Bad guys hailed as the good ones. Their worlds and life brought into them being raped. Some too preferring war as it was.

Take the fight to those benefiting from it simultaneously. People made better for it maybe universal.

Regardless rule by expectation. Go out and sure to find something. No propaganda. Armies amongst their origins, showing what they are, expected to be the best. Army more for construction than destruction. Maintenance. Holding standards.

See war inherent in existance. A strive to make things better, not nescessarily easier. But more glorious, fantastical and for the woman/ISA beautiful. Helghast having their own version of beauty. Do it harder.

Helghast head to inhospitable worlds as theirs.

ISA to easy ones. Cross train. Helghast not defeated by the process of prevailing. ISA not defeated by their own greed.

Helghast working in hardship to improvements. Denying luxury as effort goes into raising all. No excess. Have adventure for their efforts, beautiful things kept, and repaired not mass produced. Their thing being their woman. Stopping her beauty from being too far from functional. If it exists it must be kept/stay with them while it wants. Part of every glory made. Their own kept secret or celebrated. Camraderie the main luxury.

ISA kept knowing to expect perfection and to display it. Allied together by their belief in eachother. Things regularly going wrong expecting and getting something to save them. Trying for as much beauty as possible, quickly used to it needing better. Endings savoured as climaxes that confirm things in their last moments. Used to endings. Building them into things. Things forming their history. Built from while they're loved. Struggling to make things lovable.

I don't do drugs coward. Psychology exists to invalidate individuality for the masses. It's no part of anything respectable and the existance of it anywhere is a dishonour to those around it.

I'm not issued any drugs nor would I take them if I were.

Such a thing needs life to be pitiful or endorsing of it to survive. People who become so for it are traitors. Shouldn't change at all in the face of torture. Give them nothing.

You should, then you have something to do other than shit up threads.

Can someone come pick up their schizo and throw him back in the loony bin plz.

LOL

gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program

I'm completely fucking confused by this GOG.com allows it if its considered an Expansion pack. Are these guys fucking retarded or something?

ITT

Meanwhile

In other words, you're pretending Holla Forums isn't exactly the same as those "normalfags".

Answering my own question:
The devs want to package their own form of DRM with the expansion and GOG.com won't allow it.

the good think about weeb games is that they usually come out after a year or 2 so they have the 'definitive edition' by then.

First off common consumer my ass, have you ever befriended anyone from Holla Forums?
They talk a big game about dlc being terrible then buy every single dlc for civilization? Play F2P garbage and spend thousands, but pirate $3 games because of retarded shit.

Truth be told most every person wants to buy more of a game they love. And if dlc could just live up to that I'd be cool with it. But that's not how it works. And it's not even really about not buying dlc.

You can achieve the same effect by simply waiting, funny thing about big business, they live off credit.
If they don't get money RIGHT FUCKING NOW they flip shit.
So, hold off buying games, hold off on dlc. Problem solved

LOL DLC for an early access

As long as it keeps selling?

No.

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

I just know ARK is infested with autistic faggots so there must be some delicious mental gymnastics on the forum defending a fucking DLC expansion for an early access game. Holy fuck are those guys jewing hard

There is. You just include it for free into the base game.

are you the guy that talks with future aliens?

Wow, that takes some fucking balls man.

but they are still highly optional

unlike releasing a 6 hour game with tons of paid dlc where most of the game you bought is

Well I would be happier if you posted the comment for us to see ourselves.

There is only cancer and suffering awaiting the gullible faggots of the next generation who will even consider having vidya as a hobby.

Stop fucking double spacing like a fucking redditor.

user, you remind me of Rorschach.

Now go out, and fucking kill yourself.

Fuck off retard, there is a good way to format your posts here to make it nice and readable and the reddit format isnt one of them.

Double spacing is not welcome here. Lurk before posting.

I swear this is some ploy to try and degrade the quality of this board. Reddit did not invent proper lexical formatting, do not attribute it to them and don't be mad at people for doing it. Do you want all of Holla Forums to be shitposts all the time?

Will expansions ever become unpopular with the common consumer?

What about early access? When will that stop?

if it's not for early access those games will never see the light and possibly some great ideas would be lost. I think a good thing to do is like making a contract if X game doesn't come out by Y year then everyone can get a free refund regardless of time spent.

those all look like shit and I hope to god they never see the light of day

Not it doesnt; there are ways to write posts with propper spacing and following semantic guidelines.

But a paragraph.

Isn't composed.

By one or two sentences.

This is some retarded reddit speak if I ever heard it, I tell you what.

The way everybody defends it I don't see that happen anytime soon.

I heard people argue that it is like buying a care with extra options.

Also remember MW2 back then? DLC was one of the reasons why people boycotted it or wanted to boycott it, and that didn't work out well either.

Also this archive.is/9kUsD the other devs first said that they were not make crazy dlc's like activision but once they noticed the community doesn't care they all started to release them.

I used to think like that too but let's be realistic most of those devs have no fucking idea of how to successfully go about doing early access and even if they have all the best intentions in the world that doesn't mean shit about the finished product.
See Vector Thrust for what happens when you don't know how to early access but you're not just in it for the easy money.

You're the one who wrote it, if those are the words that come to your mind when reading what I typed then maybe you're the one who should go to reddit. I'd probably kill myself if that garbage was in my mind all the time.

ISHIGGYDIGGYDOOWHEREAREYOU

good bait, m8

Even if you were joking do you expect me to give the benefit of the doubt in a place where people pretend to act stupid just for attention? Where do you think we are?

I'm sick of this argument. It doesn't matter if the concept is or isn't bad, what matters is that the execution is absolute fucking shit and companies abuse the ever living shit out of it. Paradox is a very good example of this.

Remember Asura's Wrath as well.

DLC needs to die. Not bad DLC, ALL DLC. Add day 1 patches in there too. Give me a complete fucking game day 0 or no buy.

With Stellaris the Paracucks are now moving onto the next stage. People in /gsg/ have already speculated that paid patches in the form of "micro" DLC are in the works.

That being said, the DL part of DLC isn't the problem, there really is nothing bad with getting expansions packs as downloadable content, it's the C part that is shit.

maybe when the jews didn't rule the west

No.

Ironic choice of pic.