Both Russia and the West are about to hold simultaneous large scale military exercises

Quick rundown on both:

No. 1

News and analysis archive on Zapad-2017 from CEPA:
infowar.cepa.org/the-road-to-zapad-2017

No. 2

Detailed report from FT:
archive.is/JFT4X

Official info from the Swedish Ministry of Defense:
forsvarsmakten.se/en/activities/exercises/aurora-17/

U.S. Military Joins Military Drill in Neutral Sweden at Same Time as Rival Russian War Game from Newsweek
archive.is/iVETb

Wikipedia on both:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapad_2017_exercise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_17

Other urls found in this thread:

bundeswehr.de/portal/poc/bwde?uri=ci:bw.bwde.streitkraefte.grundlagen.staerke
government.se/articles/2017/09/swedish-armed-forces-exercise-aurora-17-will-increase-military-capability/
forsvarsmakten.se/p7/
forsvarsmakten.se/p4/
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/organisation/norrbottens-regemente-i-19/
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/organisation/livregementets-husarer-k-3/
archive.fo/5775S
nikolay-levashov.ru/English/books-eng.html
eur.army.mil/organization/factsheets/default.htm
marforeur.marines.mil/About/Command-Information/
marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2016/01/29/north-carolina-marines-deploy-for-missions-in-eastern-europe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd be scared for global stability if the Zapad 2017 exercise were going on alone. Or at least… regional stability. I have a soft spot for the Baltic countries. Fortunately, I expect the simultaneous NATO exercise should prevent opportunistic escalation.

Russia… Can't you find ways to live in peace with your neighbors? Make opportunities of them in the capitalistic sense.

Gotta protect those precious """refugees""" from muh russianz

Genocide of all Swedes when?
jk, but in truth both Russia and the west as manifested by their governments, are just two different types of pozz

TOP KEK
K
E
K

You mean the time when Georgian war criminals (daily reminder that Georgia is still just as anti-russian as it was but it's 2008 president is wanted for a laundry list of crimes against it's own people) attacked UN sanctioned peacekeepers or the time there was coup in (((US))) Kiev and the Ukrainian people didn't take it lying down?

What had any of those to do with regularly (Zapad is held every two years… since forever) scheduled exercise?

Sage for neo-cohen thread.

If Americans ever threw the shackles of Jewish power off of them the fucking Russians would be first to invade and try to capture the flag back for Jews.

Oh and since it's held every two years and that it's 2017: it means it's only held every odd years…
And 2008 and 2014 are?

Pesky stealth Russian camouflage technology using military exercises as cover to invade neighboring countries a full year before local events, thousands of miles were the exercises are even taking place.

I guess that's the perk of living in Mordor, you can mass issue invisibility rings…

Zapad ones are actually held every 4 years.

But Russia is known for its "snap" exercises where it never warns OSCE in advance, in violation of the Vienna document Russia is a member of. Pic related.

Also: The Russian exercises Zapad 2009 and 2013 were rehearsals for a military occupation of the Baltic States with a blockade against NATO/EU assistance. The 2009 exercise ended with a simulated nuclear strike; as a de-escalation measure. Lt Gen David Deptula, the influential former USAF intelligence chief recently wrote: “It is not farfetched that at some point within the next two years [Russian President V ladimir] Putin makes a more aggressive move in Eastern Europe and uses a nuclear threat to deter a NATO response.” Clearly this would constitute a very serious threat to the Baltics. But, despite nuclear sabre-rattling from Moscow, it is by no means clear that there exists an intention to play the nuclear card. If it were to be played, it would leave Washington with only 2 options: to cede Europe to Russian influence and to see US credibility and foreign policy collapse worldwide; or to respond to the challenge.

NATO doesn't do snap exercise or massive ones for the very simple reason that THERE ARE NO SOLDIERS IN WESTERN EUROPE.

France is supposed to have the biggest land army, it's 80k soldiers. UK and Germany 60k each. And since they're busy training in various specialty schools, resting or policing the world (or their own countries) most of them aren't even available for major exercises.
Fucking Finland has a bigger army than the biggest EU powers. Switzerland can take on Italy, France and Germany at the same time…
The USA have an army. Which is not in Europe (despite regular assumptions…). Not NATO, NATO is a succession of brigade more or less cobbled together with cold war gear, staples and copious amount of politicians spunk.
Meanwhile Russia, a country of what 140M people (so France + Germany)? still has mandatory military service and, save a small contingent in Syria, isn't playing world police.
And since they're not playing world police their servicemen are getting trained doing army thing: operating in large formation of combined arms.
And since they have a military service, they need to do those regularly to be sure that each class did at least one.

You can't compare a militarized world police force and a combined arms national army. It's retarded.
The doctrine of NATO has evolved waaaaaayyyy too much to be compared with Russia, you should compare the amount of exercise the US army (a combined arms national army) is doing in the US…
The Russian army can stroll in and go relax on the beaches of Portugal any time they want. There is no-one in front of them ALREADY.

They don't do it because… why the fuck would they???
What Russian strategic interest would they be upholding?
Evilness?

So go get fucked already rabbi, no one with a functioning brain is biting your retarded propaganda.

Germany has 180k you fucking Bolshevik

Bwahahaha, no, no they really they don't. That's the ENTIRE German MILITARY. Not the guys doing the fighting, you know the soldiers…

bundeswehr.de/portal/poc/bwde?uri=ci:bw.bwde.streitkraefte.grundlagen.staerke

NATO armies are gigantic administrations were for every soldiers you have at least 2 guys doing God knows what (it's not even POGs, POGs are included in the soldiers! It's defense contractors level shit).
While the combat forces were shrunk drastically after the cold war, the admin part was shrunk but far far far less drastically to the point of ridiculousness (French and German military medical service pretty much stayed the same sized from when they backed 1M conscript each).

That's "Zentraler Sanitätsdienst" if you can't read German, yup there is one military medical personnel for every three soldier (25 times the German average for the civilian population… which is already pretty good).
And again I'm not talking medics and WO embedded in military units, I'm talking guys sitting in empty military hospitals mostly doing nothing… (there is no VA system in Europe AFAIK, since they have one form or another of civilian universal healthcare, military hospitals are only for active military members).
I don't care how many people are chained to a Xerox at Rheinmetall or sweeping the floors at an air-force officer club…
Because wait there is more 60k might actually be a lie and be the number of people under the German Army command. The German army has 12 brigades (+ 1 SF that is typically much smaller). Out of those 12 brigades, 5 are foreign. 4 000 to 5 000 men a brigade is pretty much the NATO standard size for a brigade. 12 x 5k = 60k.
So in fact the real amount of German soldiers is probably even lower than that (way lower 40-45k).

Welcome to NATO were reservists are counted as active, where one company is a battalion and soldiers are counted under each (multiple) command(s) they are under, then in nationals pools… despite being made out of the same gear and same people.

And that's Germany.
AKA richest country in the EU, AKA most populated country in EU, AKA one country that still has some amount of soldiers (many countries in NATO have NONE).

Good post and
HEIL HITLER

You're right, too many people still have mobilization strengths from the Cold War at the back of their mind. Like you say, NATO is mostly a paper tiger.

I hope you guys realize that this means that NATO is not under American control, because that would've resulted in Sweden et al. denouncing NATO om grounds of being under Trumps leadership.

Not if it's radioactive, you fucking retard.

Are American generals all Tom Clancy fans? Do they get their ideas from old war movies about Midway? Have any of these Boomercuck faggot brass monkeys noticed we live in an age when "unsinkable" is more of a challenge to a nuclear power than a proud boast?

I fucking hate these idiots. Purge when?

what's the point when the only rival needs to use nukes to actually preserve itself. better to go neo-colonizing

I just thought of something.
>enact (((plan))) to fill europe with millions of middle eastern migrants

Yes, I think that's the point. MAD only works if both side mutually know they other side has the brass balls to pull the trigger. That's why acting a little crazy can have its benefits. Current Western leadership are pussies though, and the Chinks and Ivans know it. The Norks and Persians know it, too, and frankly, I'm more or less ok with it.

Shut the fuck up shill

Let's hope NATO kills as many Ivans as possible

I for one would welcome Russian forces overrunning NATO.
The EU has turned into a degenerate group of deviants I can no longer support.

They're similar. If you haven't heard Dr. Pierce talk about it. "Jews on both sides of the great water."
don't delude yourself.

no matter how baste putin can be, I will never stop seeing Russiasn as a kind of inherently evil subhuman race

you seem to delude yourself by saying the status quo is perfectly fine, and I say let the Russians overturn it.

Wondering if the Mossad Streaming Media will cover these exercises as a first strike or not? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

I did not know that people this stupid were allowed on this board. . .

Covering what? The entire army of Sweden is a brigade (not even made up of professional soldiers)… NATO maybe send an extra battalion but that's it.

By the way did you know that Sweden has 12 artillery guns?
Like for the entire army?

Let's look how it works:
See Sweden claims "A total of some 19 000 men and women from the Swedish Armed Forces and staff from some 40 other agencies will take part in the exercise."

government.se/articles/2017/09/swedish-armed-forces-exercise-aurora-17-will-increase-military-capability/
Swedish gov site.

Then you look a few places, wiki to have a recent structure of their army:
Infantry
Two regiments of infantry
Life Guards (LG) stationed in Stockholm.
Norrbotten Regiment (I 19) stationed in Boden.
Cavalry
One regiment and two battalions of cavalry:
Life Regiment Hussars (K 3) stationed in Karlsborg (Air Assault battalion, long range reconnaissance battalion and ISTAR)
Arméns Jägarbataljon (AJB, former K 4) (part of I 19) in Arvidsjaur (Ranger Battalion/ISTAR)
Life Guards (LG) (one battalion) stationed in Stockholm (King's mounted Lifeguards and Military police)
CBRN-defence
One company of chemical, biological, radiation and nuclear defense trained personnel National CBRN Defence Centre (SkyddC) Umeå

Armoured Corps
(Swedish: Pansartrupperna)
Three regiments of armoured/mechanized troops:
Skaraborg Regiment (P 4) Skövde
South Scania Regiment (P 7) Revingehed
Norrbotten Regiment (I 19) (While designated as infantry, the regiment is responsible for the training of most army branches in the Northern Sweden) Boden
Artillery
One regiment of artillery:
Artillery Regiment (A 9) Boden
Anti-Aircraft Artillery
One regiment of anti-aircraft troops:
Air Defense Regiment (Lv 6) Halmstad
Engineers
One regiment of engineering troops:
Göta Engineer Regiment (Ing 2) Eksjö
Signal Corps
One regiment of signals:
Command and Control Regiment (LedR) Enköping
Logistic Corps
One regiment of logistical troops:
Train Regiment (TrängR) Skövde

So first you notice that there is ALREADY some serious redundancy in the list…
Then you go to swedish MoD pages of those units (and try to not vomit at the sight of the rapefugee and grrriillll soldiers).

forsvarsmakten.se/p7/
forsvarsmakten.se/p4/
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/organisation/norrbottens-regemente-i-19/
forsvarsmakten.se/sv/organisation/livregementets-husarer-k-3/
And you notice there is a nice thingy with numbers on the right… Oh what would that be?
a quick goggling later you magically speak somali and you realize that out of the 1300 soldiers of that serious P7 mechanized regiment made up of three battalion, 71:a bataljon, 72:a bataljon, 46:e-49:e hemvärnsbataljon (which is the typical size for a regiment, a European "regiment" being typically bigger than a battalion/smaller than a brigade) there is 216 "continuous" soldiers 301 "sometime" soldiers (which I assume is how they call conscripts thing) 214 officers (!!!) 507 reserve officers (!!!) and 53 civilians (why the fuck are they even listed?).
So what have we learned?
That first out of the 1291 swedish soldiers of the South Scania Regiment 53 aren't even soldiers (1238), 507 are reservists (731), 301 are non-professional (430) and they have a stupid number of officers (I went and checked those really aren't NCOs apparently)…

The actual size of a Swedish regiment is… a battalion! Half made of officers (I'm guessing that's remains from the time of conscription but fuck! Can you smell the corruption or what?)

So with this you can count the active soldiers of the Swedish army (I'm gonna be generous I'm gonna count the part time soldiers part time male prostitute in Malmo Somaliland)
Life Regiment Hussars (K 3) 812
Skaraborg Regiment (P 4) Skövde 1122
South Scania Regiment (P 7) 731
Norrbotten Regiment (I 19) 1403
Life Guards (LG) 1493
Artillery Regiment (A 9) Boden 470
I'm not even gonna bother with support branches…
That's 6031 """soldiers""" (keep in mind I 19 and LG have training centers, quasi-police, etc…)

So go ahead do tell me how they're gonna mobilize 19 000 when they don't have a third of that in active service…
Are they gonna do a partial mobilization??? Like calling people that did make their military service and or training but now have jobs and shit to do?
Or is it gonna be an armada of pencil pushers fellating each others to see who has the more pins on his shirt while looking at a couple of companies doing some shit.

Do you get how ridiculous this shit is? Because that's not just Sweden! Only the usual suspects try (and largely fail, due to debts, the insanity of the Euro as common currency, etc…) to have a military that looks like one. Everyone else does the same kind of shit. Divisions are brigades, brigades are battalions, battalions are companies, companies are platoons.
Despite it's perpetual "drag nach osten" the western allies have been considerably weakened, the size of the territory to defend has doubled, the armies to defend it have been shrank by 10 for a best case scenario (France, Germany, UK) 100 for a worst (Sweden, Belgium, etc…)
And Russia with her 70k+ paratroopers can fuck up anyone, any day of any year and then threaten the US with nuclear fire if they attempt to do something about it. Guess what, the US wont risk a global thermonuclear exchange to save fucking Sweden or Poland or you name it… Nor should they.
There is nothing stopping Russia to do it already…
Except the very simple fact that they have utterly nothing to gain by doing it!

Oh I'm shakin', bunch of emasculated faggots that fellate eachother on regular basis

Like they do every fucking year.

That's actually the plan. It won't be the shitskins fighting and dying in whatever conflict they're planning.

faggot

Old habits die hard

Well technically there are, quite a few of them stationed in Poland, not to mention the anti-Russian "defense" system which directly threatens Russia - if I came along and encircled your country with troops, installations, and missile systems, you'd probably want to see it to that I don't get much further and that your military is well prepared to handle any further threats, yeah? The US has a few thousand troops stationed in Poland, with approx. 100,000 more troops scattered around Europe.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but please know that this is wrong. They keep it pretty quiet, most people are far too busy thinking about those poor 40 year old refugee children, but rest assured that Europe has been quietly and steadily shoring up its defenses against Russia for years now. NATO, the EU, and the US are poking the bear by surrounding Russia. And yes, US troops definitely are stationed in Europe. Thousands of them. Right now.

I didn't know NATO is that weak. Without conscription western European men turned into cucks. You seam like a knowledgeable chap nonetheless, are Eastern European countries any better?

NATO = the USA

It's been like this since forever.

h-holy shit are you kidding?

No there isn't. There isn't any significant US combat troops in Europe, there is one light infantry brigade shared between Poland, Ukraine and the Balts.

The rest are an army of BUREAUCRATS that at best have never seen a rifle since basic, worst they even went through basic and aren't civilian contractors listed as military personnel for x and y reasons.
Their main job is being political commissars of the (((US empire))) in Europe, ensuring that nobody at any levels (got to nip it in the bud) of the political and military decision making even thinks of having a real strategy of national defense because the minute they do is the minute the US diplomacy becomes largely irrelevant, then local politicians might develop independent thoughts and care about their people interests and not the (((US))) first.

that's just not true at all
between big bases in britain, germany, poland, turkey, there are at least four entire armies and air forces, this isn't counting the many naval bases and ships tasked in the area

yes of course there's an army of functionaries and such but get a grip

Fuck NATO and fuck you, I miss when Trump talked sense about dismantling it. Too bad he's yet another jew shill.

This.
archive.fo/5775S

Nicolai Levashov has some good books about exactly this sort of bullshit.
nikolay-levashov.ru/English/books-eng.html

Round and round it goes. All being done to protect the chosen.

Reminder: your Pentagon burns $1 TRILLION per year, your CIA ghost write 100's of propaganda Hollywood films, all to convince you of one idea: that the American military is the BEST in the World and in history.

well giess what you stupid goy?

It's not.

Russia would WIN WW3.

While your Generals have been chopping off their sacks and crafting mandatory diversity HR sensitivity training days, and while your CIA have been creating, arming and signing pay checks for ISIS, in a ludicrous suicidal kamikaze run to create the terrorists in order to justify eolling out the Police State to crush you goy while (((you know who))) plunders the US Treasury in the greatest bank heist in history, well, the Russians have been industrious and crafty.

The entire Russian nuke arsenal is mobile.

On trains.

The REX84 Dr Strangelove's 18 floors under Cheyenne Mountain have no way to stop a Russian Second Strike.

NONE.

1 Satan-2 carries 16 warheads.
Within 33 minutes, 1 ICBM can annihilate the entire US West Coast from LA to Austin.

sure pal, let's saber rattle against the 1 country who ought to be America's Best Ally.

I'll be fishing in Kamchatka and your stiupud world run by fools can go to hell for all i care…

Fuck off Ivan

[squatting intensifies]

He's got a point you know. I mean, you're kind of a fag and also Russia has been fighting against the Jews for 1,000 years since their inception. Their history of Jew fighting is matched by no one. I find that most of these smug dipshits are either British or Jews.

this is a jewish shill, don't let it get to you

they'll get oven'ed for their arrogance soon enough

you wont be fishing when there is a global nuclear winter dumbfuck. you sound like a faggot fed

We'd all lose.

not our greatest (((allies)))

i dont see russia suppoting terrorists to destroy the enemies of israel

Israel would get nuked as well, almost guaranteed.

lol.
does anyone have the article about germans using broomsticks instead of machineguns in an excersise because of "weapon shortages"

i guess somebody must be really butthurt.

Жиды это делают.
The Jews are doing this.
Even still, we'll pull through this jew D&C, just like we have when we destroyed the Khazar Empire and the Jews got butthurt for a millenium, and again when our Tsarj refused the jewish banks, and countless pogromy, and surviving (((communism))).

Lemme tell you about the USSR's anti-zionist policies and the left's pro-Palestinian attitudes.

ok, tell me if you want to

They would never. They couldn't even hold Afghanistan during the 80s, and they were able to transport war materiel over land.

No one is stupid enough to think they could actually conquer and hold the territory of the U.S. if our people were united. Even if we lost our armed forces and National Guard. All the white insurgents would wear down any invading military that exists on this planet.

Putin and his successors would be overjoyed if we stopped opposing him in Europe and the Levant. The Russians have enough objectives over there to keep them occupied for generations.

Checked. Well put. The only thing keeping the West from getting crushed by Russia in a conventional war is the nuclear deterrent. And rather than accepting that standoff and focusing on our own affairs, we keep poking the bear. It's disgusting to see how badly the kikes want this war in order to destroy the last white civilizations, and how eagerly their pets go along with their plans.

Any war between America and Russia will end up going nuclear, with the burgers probably firing first. Burgers would probably win, but with their cities ruined, Niggers chimping out, and the breadbasket seeded with Anthrax, the eagle dies with the bear.

The only combat troops there are are the ones in rotation in eastern Europe (Operation Atlantic resolve) which is 2 armored BCT (87 tanks, 18 Paladins, 144 IFVs, 3500 soldiers half a brigade) and the 10th Combat Aviation Brigade (Germany, 24 apaches, a bunch of Blackhawks and a handful of Chinooks), the 173rd Airborne Brigade (Italy, airborne infantry brigade, 4400 soldiers) the 2nd Cavalry Regiment (Germany, light infantry brigade, 5500 soldiers on Strykers) and the 12th combat aviation brigade (Germany, 24 apaches, a bunch of Blackhawks and a handful of Chinooks).

Oh no wait there is the KFOR, so 1 Infantry Btn (currently 1st Battalion, 148th Infantry Regiment, Ohio National Guard). Let's be mad and assume it's 1600 (it's not)…

The grand total is: 15 000 soldiers (careful… it includes all the POGs of said brigades, because the fat fucks still comes with their logistics units despite being housed in bases employing tens of thousands of military personnel supposedly there for that).
And that's it. Out of the hundreds of thousands of """"military personnel""" that are based in Europe that's the precise amount of the soldiers really there, per US army own admittance.

Sauce: eur.army.mil/organization/factsheets/default.htm

Want to do the marines?
Ok let's go!

marforeur.marines.mil/About/Command-Information/
>Marine Rotational Force Europe: This force is compromised [*] of an infantry company
Bwahaha we're off to a great start
Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force-Crisis Response-Africa
In Spain, wiki tells us 850 marines, now wiki typically stupidly inflates numbers, other sources says 500 and in the news they halved their air support from 12 osprey to 6 and 6 to 3 C-130, so 500 is far more likely (6 osprey means you can only move 1 rifle company per trip, it would be weird to be more).

>Black Sea Rotational Force:
In Romania, 700 Marines ( marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2016/01/29/north-carolina-marines-deploy-for-missions-in-eastern-europe/ )

In Georgia, it's the guys that train the Georgian army to train the afghan army apparently (the simple fact that they can say that with a straight face is amazing).
No numbers, references marine reserves, I'm gonna be mad and say they're two companies worth (when it's probably just one company of reservists).
>Marine Corps Prepositioning Program- Norway:
50 POGs.
AKA "we stockpile shit and pray really hard the Russians are stupid enough to not make a crater out of it the minute SHTF… probably because they would just land airborne on it and loot all our shit".

And that's it.
That's… GASP! Almost two battalions of marines (around 1500-1800)

So let's be mad and round all of this to 20k soldiers (while once you take out maternity leaves, regular POGs and injuries you're more likely to be at 10k).
That's the size of the REAL US army in Europe (scattered thousands of miles from each other).

The rest are airforce shit, POGs, superPOGs, hyperPOGs and gigaPOGs.

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. Why should Europeans support NATO?
NATO is basically the US military occupation of Europe, to keep the countries they "liberated" in WW2 under control so they can act like they are the Hegemon of the world.
Russia on the other hand is nothing new to Europeans, its just another European country which we sometimes were allied with and sometimes had war with. Losing a war with Russia would not be the end of the world for Europeans.
By keeping their own militaries weak Europeans ensure that the USA doesn't get any stupid ideas and tries a preemptive strike against Russia, because they would have to carry all the burden in this war alone.
And if Russia is so stupid that they would try to attack NATO, then there are two options:
Option one is that the USA chickens out and loses its title of strongest country in the world, it would be like the Ottoman Empire in the 19th Century, a sick man.
Option two is that the USA fights a nuclear war with Russia and both sides fuck each other up so much that non of them has the strength left afterwards to occupy Europe.

Seems like a good time as any to pack hunt gear, then head north innawoods for the entire hunting season, at least. I may grow to like it, zero niggers. At least I'll be where it's peaceful until I'm found or am no more. In Valhalla.

Since legit going dark, I'll be positive to use it as an opportunity to leave a decent Intel report prior. Have adderall will assemble. Kept some around for this kinda thing. Some have bunkers. I'd rather leave digital fuck yous behind. Just in case. Chaos forever.