MIAMI FLORIDA BAKER ACTS THE HOMELESS UNWILLING TO GO TO SHELTERS

MIAMI FLORIDA BAKER ACTS THE HOMELESS UNWILLING TO GO TO SHELTERS
One older man pushing his belongings in an empty wheelchair in Bayfront Park tried to wave them off.

“I don’t want nothing,” he said, insulting a social worker.

“So you are cool with dying in the streets?” he asked.

“Get out of my goddamn face,” he responded.

“What’s your name?” asked Dr. Mohammad Nisar, a psychiatrist who was looking for evidence of mental illness, a necessary factor for a Baker Act detention.

“None of your damn business!”

Police officer James Bernat intervened.

“We are here to help you. Listen to me. You are being very aggressive. We are trying to help you,” Bernat said. “It’s very dangerous out here.”

“You are trying to make me go somewhere I don’t want to go,” he insisted.

Finally, the man was handcuffed without a struggle and taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital for a 72-hour psychiatric evaluation.

On what is likely the last clear day in Florida before Hurricane Irma’s monster wind and rain, social workers and police officers are giving Miami’s estimated 1,100 homeless people a stark choice: Come willingly to a storm shelter, or be held against their will for a mental health evaluation.
With the outer edge of the storm approaching Friday, these officials — backed by a psychiatrist and observed by an Associated Press team — rolled through chillingly empty downtown streets as dawn broke over Biscayne Bay, searching for reluctant stragglers sleeping in waterfront parks.
“We’re going out and every single homeless person who is unwilling to come off the street, we are likely going to involuntarily Baker Act them,” said Ron Book, chairman of the Miami-Dade Homeless Trust.
Invoking the “Baker Act” — a law that enables authorities to institutionalize patients who present a danger to themselves or others — is not something law enforcement does lightly, but officers detained at least six people by Friday afternoon. Under the law, they can be held up to 72 hours before the state would have to go to court to prolong their detention.
By then, Irma’s howling winds and terrifying storm surge should be somewhere north of the city.

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/09/curfews-issued-south-florida-irma/
windfinder.com/forecast/fort_lauderdale
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-miami-homeless-removed-irma-20170908-story.html
abcactionnews.com/weather/hurricane/ap-miami-homeless-detained-put-in-shelters-against-their-will
denverpost.com/2017/09/08/miami-homeless-being-removed-against-their-will-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/
miamidade.gov/budget/FY2016-17/proposed/library/homeless-trust.pdf
miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article58515783.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/d/awesome-1-bedroom-apartment/6277005218.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just run away, they have no reason to chase you and if they injured you, you could probably sue. then again if youre homeless youre probably mentally fucked so idc

Just let them all die, it's more humane that way then letting them suffer anymore at this point.

Been homeless myself, would never go to a shelter.

You gonna get everything of worth robbed + fights are common + hygiene is worse than sleeping rough.

this. I've been homeless too and fuck social workers of any kind. just let me live like a raw animal eeking out existence.

how is this not a lawsuit for unlawful detention. if that fake shrink declares every single one of the people he see's mentally ill, how is that legit.

this isn't just the homeless, they can do this to anyone.

Urban outdoorsmen want to rough it.

There is only one real law: "Don't rock the boat."
Everything else is window dressing.

but how can they afford a lawsuit?

Declaring someone insane has always been a good way to get rid of inconvenient people in Germany. As long as some quack + court or cops agree, off to the mental institution it is…

I'm sure it works in similar ways in the US.

Some lawyers work pro bono, especially if there is gain for little work like cases like these.

thats fucked, the public sector is out of control. going out and intentionally manipulating people, remove collective bargaining rights form public sector unions and start getting rid of these people, cut dhhs funding to, they are all useless bureaucrats

I've experienced this myself several times. Even if you do nothing illegal, they can still detain you for being "mentally ill".

Are you willing to kill THEM for stepping out of line? No?

Then fall in line to their dictates. You either have agency or do not. There is no middle ground on that. It starts against the weakest to test the waters, now it ill advance unchecked until you are under its wing.

That is the simplest way to see it. Stop complaining, complaining does nothing. Get hard, get dangerous, get focused, or get to being a fucking slave again.

obviously youre mentally ill if you refuse to evacuate when we tell you to goyim. now submit or die.

Leaving their bodies to become bloated with flood water and rot creates a public health risk. If they left all the homeless to die, there would be that many more disease vectors to threaten the survivors, and that many more corpses to pick up later.

So they went and got every single animal that's going to die and bloat, got it.

Fuck off Jew.

Lot of ex homeless anons here, me too; and fuck the shelters it's worse than jail.

You don't believe these people are mentally ill to the point they have a death wish, sleeping outside in a waterfront park in advance of a cat 4 hurricane? These homeless are mentally ill, and instead of upping the death count from the storm, we're taking them off the streets – giving the choice of being brought out of the path of the storm (where the homeless would be free to leave the shelter they've been brought to) or being brought in for a psych evaluation because instead of a free ride away from the storm you insisted on being blown to pieces standing unprotected in front of a hurricane.

Who are you to decide that they can't die you fucking kike?
Of course they don't want to keep living if that means either sleeping on the street everyday or being fed (((modern medicine))) and being treated like a retarded child.

If I were Emperor these psychotic street niggers would be in an oven instead of a shelter. Who let all the lolbergs in here?

Anyone can IVC anyone else. Has happened to me before. Seriously, if you call 911 and tell them someone you know is a danger to themselves they WILL be held for 72 hours. Shit's fucked

Who let kikes like you in?

Into the oven they go, and their kike enablers with them.

The Hurricane is going to miss Miami completely, maybe they are the sane ones who didn't believe the bullshit how this cat6 hurricane was going to end days.

Considering they (the homeless) were right and everyone else was wrong, what say you?

If he don't wanna go, then leave him. Why is this so difficult?

Street niggers aren't White you dope.

Can't have a really good fraudulent charity drive if there aren't enough people to line up in front of a camera with sad music. Donators respond to sad faces, not dead bodies.

kys

I for one would never go to a shelter or a FEMA camp. They'll have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands first.

Putting lives at risk to save a bunch of tweeker hobos who probably don't even know what planet they are on, let them drown ffs.

How'd you rebound from being homeless user?

This. If (((they))) come after you to lock you in an asylum you have nothing to lose. They're going to ruin your life and make you a de facto prisoner, and probably at some point quitely overdose you on opiates and rule it an accident. Worse scenario they'll hook you on dangerous drugs to destroy your mind and make you a mindless, drooling shell of man. It's exactly like what the Soviets did. They want to either kill you or use you as an object for their sadism. Fighting back is your only hope. You might die with your finger on the trigger, but you might live, and the path of surrender will certainly lead to ruin. You either fight like a hero or become their bitch. There is great honor in dying an honorable death, it's the highest goal a white man can achieve besides having a family and kids. Be fearless in the face of the Jew, and you'll be one of Kek's favorites. If there is an afterlife it'll be grand for a hero who stood against the Jew.

Look at this shit. I lived through the damage of after hurricane wilma, not they may happen if it makes landfall which is the current state but look at this. Curfews at 4pm??? WTF??? I can see, and understand a curfew at sunset, if there has been widespread damage and widespread power disruption, but at 4pm? before a hurricane even hits, and without any power disruption?

Maybe the young people will simply gladly accept this but it reeks far to much of a POLICE STATE for me to even be remotely comfortable with.

Here is the press conference announcing the curfew and the conditions. Curfew exists if winds are greater than 45mph. WTF?????

miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/09/curfews-issued-south-florida-irma/

FUCKING NIGGER TIER BULLSHIT

THESE ARE CURRENT WIND CONDITIONS IN FT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA RIGHT NOW.
windfinder.com/forecast/fort_lauderdale

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NIGGERS ARE ELECTED TO GOVERNMENT. FFS

are you going to be dual wielding them?

It would be a shame if someone were to pour nasty things into police car gas tanks or oil intakes

>"You are being very aggressive"

Spoopy stuff. I thought Florida was the lolberg state.

The thing about the homeless being "mentally-ill", well yeah, anybody would have brain damage from living on the street on a permanent basis. If we had UBI with affordable housing there would be no homelessness with its associated problems in this country.

Many people who laugh at the homeless now are going to find themselves on the street soon as well. Landlords are getting into this vacation rental trend hardcore. More and more are transitioning their properties because they can make 10 times more money with AirBNB than with a traditional lease. So unless something is done to create more affordable housing there's gonna be a lot of working class Whites out on the street.

>"You are being very aggressive"

Spoopy stuff. I thought Florida was the lolberg state.

The thing about the homeless being "mentally-ill", well yeah, anybody would have brain damage from living on the street on a permanent basis. If we had UBI with affordable housing there would be no homelessness with its associated problems in this country.

Many people who laugh at the homeless now are going to find themselves on the street soon as well. Landlords are getting into this vacation rental trend hardcore. More and more are transitioning their properties because they can make 10 times more money with AirBNB than with a traditional lease. So unless something is done to create more affordable housing there's gonna be a lot of working class Whites out on the street.

homeless people should just live innawoods instead of begging in cities like rats

hell yes, Nicholas Cage style like a bat shit crazy loon, hence the cold dead fingers

What does this have to do with niggers and governments?

Now they are locked up in jail everything they own in life will be washed away or looted.

Watchin' some live cam, niggas.

This is the decision of the mayor of Broward county, Barbara Sharief, hence it is a decision by a nigger

and that livestream is is Key West, Florida at the extreme southern most point in the US, in Monroe county, not Dade county, not Broward or even Palm Beach county. Millions of people have been displaced and have fled to Georgia all on the news medias whim and hysteria. If it doesn't strike you as twilight zone'ish you must be under the age of 35. I lived in Florida since 1986 and have personally experienced my fair share of real hurricanes, direct hits and near misses, and tropical storms that were predicted to be killers that petered out to nothing. I've never seen this shit before, rounding up homeless, baker acting them, curfews during daylight hours, prior to a storm, with no damage, and full electrical power, etc. The Hurricane is currently SOUTH of Florida and on the Island of CUBA. Jesbus these media people and police, and governmental leaders are acting like children. Foolish empowered children.

Oy fucking vey, it's anudda shoah, mentally ill homeless fags being considered mentally ill for not wanting to take shelter during a fucking hurricane.
Fake news from real jews. Why the fuck are you niggers bumping a thread with zero sources and zero proof that this little sob story is even real?

Miami shelters homeless against their will as Irma closes in
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-miami-homeless-removed-irma-20170908-story.html

AP: Miami homeless detained, put in shelters against their will
abcactionnews.com/weather/hurricane/ap-miami-homeless-detained-put-in-shelters-against-their-will

==Miami homeless being removed against their will ahead of Hurricane Irma
“I am not going to sign suicide notes for people who are homeless in my community,” said chairman of the Miami-Dade Homeless Trust==
denverpost.com/2017/09/08/miami-homeless-being-removed-against-their-will-ahead-of-hurricane-irma/

In case you haven't ever noticed it before you fucking retard there are dozens of threads on this board that lack a credible source, link to a news report and are the topic of a great deal of discussion because they are in and of themselves interesting and true. Why don't you gobble a cock and troll elsewhere you jew zogbot cop gobbling dick sucker.

So sorry you cart pushers on the streets aren't being allowed to kill yourselves in the hurricane, must be such a sad life for you.

You got a point
I seriously doubt most niggers and sandniggers would pass a proper psych evaluation.

Florida law student here. It's perfectly legal, all a Baker Act does is have analyzed by a shrink. There are many caveats to Baker Act someone and they're saying these people are danger to themselves or others. They can only hold you normally for 16 hours but for max 3 days, but they have to prove the system is backed up…

It's enough time to get them out of the storm.

Just a reminder but the (((Maimi Homeless Trust))) is nothing but a massive fraud. In 2016 their budget (at a low) was $66 million

miamidade.gov/budget/FY2016-17/proposed/library/homeless-trust.pdf

According to them in 2016 there were 4,200 homeless people in their area

miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article58515783.html

Which works out to $15,700 per year per homeless person, or $1300 per month. For $1,100 per month you can rent a nice 1 bedroom apartment in the Miami Beach area with enough left over for utilities

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/apa/d/awesome-1-bedroom-apartment/6277005218.html

This homeless trust is nothing but a way for public sector employees to line their own pockets and the pockets of their friends with taxpayer dollars under the guise of philanthropy.

It will be far worse when any real happening comes kid. Far worse. This is what they do when they know how to handle shit and have the entire nation behind them to halt any issues post haste locally. When rounds fly, these tyrants will scalp you for being white and not groveling before their judge dredd authority dictates.

This is war, and it is open. Why are you surprised by anything. This is the good part. Only gets worse.

Friendly reminder all nonprofit groups are like this. If they were actually doing good then there's no way the IRS would let them exist.

You sure are mentally handicapped.

Sound like anything malicious, oh wise dumbfuck?

If not evacuating during a hurricane that's not even going to directly impact your city makes you a "danger to yourself" then you'd better lock up half of Florida for being mentally-ill.

The caveat here is that they're committing people who "refuse to go to a shelter". You know how that goes, it's the cop's word against the bum's as to whether they want to go to the shelter. Fact is the shelters are full and they're just stuffing the bums in the psych ward.

If not evacuating during a hurricane that's not even going to directly impact your city makes you a "danger to yourself" then you'd better lock up half of Florida for being mentally-ill.

The caveat here is that they're committing people who "refuse to go to a shelter". You know how that goes, it's the cop's word against the bum's as to whether they want to go to the shelter. Fact is the shelters are full and they're just stuffing the bums in the psych ward.

Unlawfull detention. They are claiming that not wanting to go to a shelter during the storm is grounds for insanity. This sets precedent for "You don't wanna go to FEMA camp goy? You're insane! Lock em up and drug him!"
Fuck Miami.

So they receive enough funding to house all the homeless but fail to do so. I wonder what share of their budget is for (((administrative costs))).

So they receive enough funding to house all the homeless but fail to do so. I wonder what share of their budget is for (((administrative costs))).

It's all a scam. These kikes do just enough to try and make homeless people dependent on them and trap them in a cycle where they can use a few resources to stay alive, but never get out of their situation. In the meantime, those operating the programs line their pockets, and have their cronies scam them for the gibs as part of the plan, while those needing helped are left with bug infested cots, their shit stolen, and leftovers from the fucking food banks that nobody fucking wanted for free.

If Chinese ever invade and storm the beaches of the coast…..I will gladly step aside. I might even fight with them. I will not defend a country that is hostile towards straight white Christian males. I will not defend a country that finances abortion and turned it into an industry. I will not defend a country that has media outlets that spew nothing but anti-white male garbage 24/7. I will not defend a country with affirmative action and EEO laws. I will not defend a country that steals from me via taxation and then gives my hard earned money to marxist whores so they can reproduce out of wedlock. I will not defend a country with no-fault divorce and courts rigged in the favor of females. There is no freedom to fight for here. The Chinese would have an easy win. I would view an invasion by the Russians or even Chinese as liberation.

I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW CHINESE (OR RUSSIAN) OVERLORDS

Second

Maybe Russia, but China? I wouldn't have some half-maoist pyschopaths and their commie quislings rule my land any more than I want the current regime to continue. Neither Nor.

underage b& drink bleach and die kys

and they say this place is racist

i think the fact the mayor is a woman has more to do with it women are married to the state and will always pull moves like this when they get in positions of power because they're biologically inclined to trust the state

Of course they wouldn't. We used to know that and keep niggers segregated. Now we have to pretend they're humans while they shit and piss all over the streets.

These fags just want to wander around stoned on the street, wreck civil order and then bitch when they're arrested for being massive, useless fuck-ups.

fuck civil rights, this is about kikes abusing laws that will ultimately be used as justification to FEMA camp us

FL user checking in, agreed what a load of bullshit, when Wilma hit they didn't enact curfew until nightfall.

umm… I guess I have never seen someone take controlled op bait so hard. Are you actually a person?

Yeah, I noticed for the first time the other day that Broward county has elected a sheboon mayor, can't believe that shit, Broward County has turned into an even bigger cesspool quicker than I expected. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore.

The Baker Act law has been a staple here in the state of FL for as long as I can remember

We have a big problem with crazy homeless junkies and unlike Commiefornia nobody here tolerates them defecating in the streets and loitering around places harassing people for crack money.

That seems to be the trend but you have homeowners that just want to rent a room out to one person who keeps to themselves because you get a lot more grifters and drunks in an AirBNB situation.

I don't know what area of the country you're in but you can still get a room for rent outside the downtown area for $600+, $450 if it's out in the styx.

I bet most hobos are safer under some bridge then wagies hunkering down in their cardboard boxes.

Americans line up for hurricane aide in South Florida