Pirated a copy of this and beat it, don't know how to feel about it. Graphically it looks really nice...

Pirated a copy of this and beat it, don't know how to feel about it. Graphically it looks really nice, really good voice acting, interesting story/scenario. Halfish-way through the game has one of the coolest reveals I've seen in a game, but I don't know if it can offset how short the game is and how dull the puzzles are.

Pretty much ever puzzle breaks down to a lock/key puzzle where you have to manage batteries and buttons in order to proceed to the next room. Some of the puzzles were cute and I appreciated their design but the game never really evolved into a more complex puzzle game and it just rode the core elements it introduced.

All of the puzzle tools come down to energy batteries of five charge variations, floor buttons, laser beams a la Talos Principle, and levers that operate bridges/stairs/magnetic cranes, and a few more things that are spoilers.

I liked it and I was looking forward to buying a copy after beating it I feel like it was too short, too limited, and doesn't have a lot of replay value. Might buy it once it gets cheap or see if the devs are selling any physical merchandise though, game feels like it had some love put into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentz2.eu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are YOU the computer all along?

Does it know that it's an ad?

Square enix title without denuvo?

I've never heard of this game, so before reading the OP let me guess what the game is about.
Its a first person "horror" game with a "spooky" setting.
Gameplay revolves around walking back and forth and solving rudimentary "puzzles" while uncovering the story which is told though audiologs.

Did I hit any of them?
Also feel free to spoil the whole game, i doubt a lot of people care.

My initial assumption was that this whole thing is a setup and you are an android that is being put through a Turing test, because the facility is modular and has been rearranged in way that requires creative thinking which only a human can navigate but it was strange because this felt really heavy handed and obvious. Actual spoilers T.O.M. wakes Ava up out of cryo and tells you that the ground team has gone missing and sends you to Europa's surface to find them, you find the facility all reorganized into puzzle rooms to impede T.O.M.'s progress. If you break through the hard optional puzzle rooms you discover that the crew had found an organism which can repair DNA making humans immune to aging. Earth doesn't want them returning home because the organism is immune to tampering and it could affect all life on earth leading to complete destabilization of the ecosystem.

The crew discovers that T.O.M. has been influencing them through a brain-computer interface chip in their hands, so they cut them out and go rogue. Halfway through the game you walk into a Faraday cage and the screen shifts to one of the cameras in the room. You haven't been playing as Ava. You have been playing as T.O.M. using her as a drone influencing her actions and her mission is actually to prevent the land team from ever leaving Europa. Afterwards seeing as how the Faraday cage is small as fuck and she has to continue on to find the crew she continues to work with T.O.M. and argues with him over the morality of killing a few vs many etc. etc. Endings are once Ava meets up with a crew member they cut out the implant and go into your server room, where you can either kill both of them with a turret or allow yourself to be shut off.

Paranoid faggot?

Not really horror or spooky. Puzzles could get kinda complex but it definitely felt like they needed to add a lot more elements to them, game felt a lot easier than Talos Principle did. And there are audio logs and communicating with T.O.M. for the story, but I enjoyed the logs.

You got a magnet link, OP?

I got my copy off of BCG but I see it on IGG.

Eugh

Hey I'm riding high while all these faggots are scrambling for something to use in KAT's stead.

IGG still has a ton of shit though just get games off of that.

Paranoid? Nah. I just know what I see.
Trying a bit too too hard there pal.

Here.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bb5b8376d2e23fab263b7786114bc5669817e4ca&dn=The+Turing+Test-CODEX&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Are you new or something, you massive faggot?

It's not spooky at all. The setting and plot could have been used for a horror game but the tone doesn't go that way at all. It's a series of puzzles like Portal. There are only like 15 very short audiologs total and a few secret areas that are behind optional puzzles. There are a few areas that you can explore in between puzzles and you can read about the big twist in one of them before the game tells you it, or you could just move on.

I thought it was really fun and that it wasn't too short at all. It was just starting to feel like it was getting old by the last few puzzles. I don't think they could have done much more and have it feel original.
T.O.M. did nothing wrong.

Fuck

Off

Kiddo

Were you supposed to brute force the first optional puzzle? I skipped it because T.O.M. said something about not being able to solve it at the time but you can't backtrack and as far as I could tell there were no hints about it.

I agree T.O.M. did nothing wrong technically, but it was clear from logs that he was becoming kind of unstable. If anything the organism should have been studied in depth in a better environment instead of just letting it fall into the memoryhole.

I also skipped it, dunno.

Didn't another game already do this? Something about an underwater station and black shit everywhere?

You might be thinking of SOMA?

I thought everything happened not because they discovered the virus but because they removed their chips and started to rebel and want to go back home. They were already studying the organism before that.

That's the one

**I dropped that game maybe 3 hours in. Once I realized it was going to be less Amnesia and more of Machine for Pigs, I noped hard. Shame, really, Maybe I just didn't get far enough to get really spooked
?**

In SOMA you're a robot who doesn't realize he's a robot. In this you're a computer that knows he's a computer but you're controlling a person that doesn't know she's being controlled.

They found the virus, started researching it, discovered the effects, they got grounded and Tom wouldn't let them leave, they start to rebel, remove chips, time passes, game happens.

At least that's how I perceived it. I didn't figure out how to get into the first optional room and it felt like some of the logs weren't in order of events.

I wasn't paying close attention to the timeline or who was who for all of it, but it was only that one guy who was paranoid at first then he removed his chip and convinced another guy to.
This is the solution unless it's randomized. If it is it should only take 5 minutes at most if you take 1 second for each try. Inside there's only a gravestone.

Odd, wonder why spoiler didn't work?

Yeah, I figured it out well before the guy found out he was a robot, which is shortly after when I stopped playing. Is Turing Test spooky at all or just more of a pseudo mind fuck puzzle game like the Swapper?

If you haven't yet, go play the Swapper. It's not terribly long, but boy did I have a good time with it.

It's not spooky it's just scifi. The strongest card the game has is the reveal when you walk into the Faraday cage but any punch it has is probably gone if you know about it beforehand.

I haven't played Swapper but I'll give it a try. I also need to see if I can get through Magrunner. I got stuck on a puzzle and never went back to it.

It's not spooky at all. Just like The Swapper the main focus is the puzzles but there's also a story with a big twist.

It amuses me to no end that one of the greatest computer scientists of all time was gay. /pol BTFO

This isn't really an Holla Forums kind of game OP.

It is what it is. It's a lose/lose situation, either I can make a thread about it and get shitheads yelling shill or I don't make a thread and I can't talk about it. When I tried making threads about Talos Principle I got endless people either calling me a shill or people who hadn't played the game calling it fedorashit.

If the puzzles aren't fantastic and you're there just for the twist, then it doesn't seem worth playing.

Speaking of puzzle games, have there been any recent ones to come out that are any good?

torrentz2.eu/

Private trackers are just stupid and defeat the purpose of piracy and p2p.

What about Obduction? I know it's not exactly the same as Talos or this, but I saw a thread about it a few days ago and got it for 100% off. Haven't hit anything too hard to overcome yet I'm at the part where I have to 'reset all the locks' in the gauntlet, but for a game that's half grafix demo, half walking, half Myst, it feels pretty good.

Yeah it's rather annoying isn't it? If you don't write like a retarded nigger you're from Reddit.

Don't use punctuation, spelling check and spacing.

/V is not one person but I think most of the userbase here isn't up for a game that requires concentration or reading skills.

The puzzles are ok. Now that I think about it the things that gave me trouble were when I wasn't looking at things close enough, one where I didn't notice a doorway I could go through and one where I didn't notice a switch on the wall. I still had fun with it though and even if it was just the puzzles it would have been enjoyable.

I played a little bit of Obduction. There was just way too much walking and waiting for loading screens. I got the the jungle place with the alien buildings then I started reading what people said about it online. After I saw someone say they sat through 30 loading screens to finish a puzzle I uninstalled it. I'm not going to put up with that shit.

I'm a sucker for scifi and I really liked the twist. If i like a game enough after playing it for a while or beating it I usually buy it if it's not AAA. This though I'm probably not going to buy.

I used to think the same but now I just think people who don't like seeding think that. I'm in a bunch of private trackers now and between them all I can find pretty much whatever I want in high quality and with good seeds.

I forgot about that game but now that you've mentioned it I'll give it a try. I had Myst and Riven when I was a kid when I got a laptop and games that my grandmother had when she passed, but my dad spilled coffee all over the fucking thing and I never beat them.

Pretentious name. Parasite shit. Fuck off gook.

you can't expect me to do that man that shits hard

What's wrong with having your browser on full-screen for a 1080p monitor?

He didn't politicize his faggotry and got famous because of his intellect instead of muh divershitty. Also his work was more about the underlying logic instead of actually building the machines. If Holla Forums could ever tolerate a faggot it would have been someone like him, not modern double daddy degenerates who deserve all the memes Holla Forums can throw at them.

Why are you so butthurt about Holla Forums disagreeing with homo identity politics anyway?