How inferior is a 660 ti? should i get a 1080 or a 1070?

how inferior is a 660 ti? should i get a 1080 or a 1070?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/cNSUj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy amd fam

i'm allergic to housefires tbqhsmhlol

Never buy shit just because it's for sale.
If you are happy with how your games are running then don't upgrade, if you aren't happy the 1070 or 1080 is a good choice and a good time to upgrade.

What do you need to upgrade for? Is there a specific game that won't run on your current system?

Not really but I'm used to 1080p60 so much I don't want to play The Witcher 3 at 30 fps.

I have a 660ti and it's still playing everything fine at 1080p mostly max settings (I always turn AA off because I don't like it and I always turn shadows down low as long as it doesn't affect shadow draw distance as I think higher quality shadows don't look better enough to justify the performance hit. Pretty sure shadows hit the CPU harder than the GPU anyway…)

If you're eying the 660ti, why are you even looking at Nvidia at all?

1060 unless you have a screen bigger than 1080p/1200p or use a multi screen setup.
Don't invest in the upper tier cards until Nvivida get their shit together with hardware async compute support.

I currently have one but I haven't got the slightest idea how it would run newer games like Doom and Syberia 3.

TW3 is an unoptimised piece of shit. Here's an article that states what you need to get it running at 1080p 60fps. archive.is/cNSUj

You'll need a minimum of an i7 4970k and a GTX980.

Bear in mind this is back at launch and somehow the game runs even worse now than it did back then.

Thanks.

what's your favorite laptop gpu?

my gtx760 runs everything easily, cant think of a single game i didnt run at 1080 locked at 60frames other than one early acess shit game that nobody could run with decent frames, cant remember the name had dinosaurs and shit, fucking garbage game tough

My 660 ti can't even handle Rust properly. Good thing I got it from Humble Bundle.

How does one still support nVidia after a history of anti competitor practices, lying to customers, and higher prices tbh. AMD wants to make gaymin better for everyone.

Every company does this.

Flatly wrong.

No, they want to make money you ignorant optimist dumb fuck.

Because AMD doesn't bring things to the table both companies can use, and nvidia doesn't actively try to shut out AMD and artificially gimp them in games right? Tbh nvidia cucks are the worst. "every company is bad so its okay to support nvidia r-right guys?"

So am I supposed to base my purchase decisions not on what's good for me but on individual companies' business practices?

Buy AMD if you're a disgusting gommie.

Yes?

feels good man

Nah, I'm gonna get what's the best bang for my buck.

Disable testalation. Its nvidias way to buttfuck people

lmao I have a 660 and a piece of shit CPU, I can run Witcher 3 at 1080p60 no problem, albeit at low settings.

Read the artificial you shill

Mind explaining?

Then you should probably get AMD cards, they're usually cheap and pretty decent performers. They only problem I've had is they use a fuckload of power, but if you have a decent PSU, you'll be fine.

Have some fucking standards

But the 1060 is better performance for the same price as a 480

AMD tends to have better bang for your buck cards, primarily in the lower and medium pricepoints. Besides 'better performance' is relative to whichever games you cherrypick, and whichever games were shilled by nvidia or not :^)

We are the aliens' video game. Our "free will", an illusion, is a gaming engine of their design.

that shit was made to watch HD movies and shit

I still have a 550 ti should I commit seppuku?

Haven't bought a graphics card in 6 years.

Why bother when some PS3 games on a shitty 14" CRT look better than anything released now?

I have a 9800 GTX+ right now
What can i buy that will last me 5yrs?

I want to be able to run Witcher 3, Rust, and games with similar hardware requirements

770 here, every recent game is either an unoptimized mess that lags even on high end systems like BF1 or easily runs on somewhat older hardware because current gen consoles were obsolete on arrival.

I'll upgrade my motherboard and everything when 1100 or 1200 series come out purely for internet big dick points.

I still use my 7850 and it still does well even with newer games. I'm waiting till Zem comes out to upgrade everything.

I've got a 760 and an i5. Great card, got it pretty cheap too and had it for ~2 years now.

I have a 1280x1024 monitor so I'm not running things at full 1080 but I've never had issues with low frame rates or anything. Probably has more to do with the fact that I don't play flashy games though. I've wanted to play flashy games but never really found any that interested me. The token foray into modding skyrim didn't last long either.

I don't really see any reason to upgrade and I have no idea if this is considered a high end or mid range card.

Overclocks really well too. It's getting old now but you can still play most of the stuff at 1080p60fps if you don't mind going medium/low on some stuff, and even then it's not necessary for a lot of newish games. I m more often limited by my i5 than by my gpu. **I'd pick up a 1060/1070 though if I had the cash right now, gonna do that if I get some work.