Total War thread: "Every patch until you like it" Edition

The new DLC is coming out soon.
People get Vlad von Carstein for free.

Patch notes for Patch 3:
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_3

Personally I would recommend the Steel and Faith Overhaul mod. The guy works very fast, does sensible and largely non-intrusive changes and is open to feedback… unlike a certain other Big Name modder.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=704361604

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714628036
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753197357
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702081413
moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war/downloads/hyrule-total-war-42
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/175062/new-section-post-your-balancing-queries-here/p2
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183522/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-1st-september-2016/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My only real beef with Radious, is all the non canon units he drags into the game.
Chaos Chosen knights with Javelins?
Vampire Counts grave guards with Tomb King bows?
Black Orcs with bows or spears?
Steam Tanks rolling around in the border princes?
Heavily armoured slayers?
I get what he's trying to do by filling out the rosters by taking existing units and giving them new weapons to help cover the short comings of the rosters. But none of these things are supposed to exist.

He does the same for Attila but ultimately it erases the character of the faction. Chaos is supposed to be very weak at ranged combat, what's the point of giving them guns and bows?

Rome 2 with Divide et Impera is pretty good

Im playing for like 4 days straight and im having a blast

Bravo CA, wasted opportunity

Why are you still shilling it?

I can understand it as "They are problem with game balance.", but only steam tanks and slayers are impossible.
Chaos and orks use all equipment they want. And even if some black ork would prefer to have more prestigious choppa, they are really different. Even guan-like weapon are choppa.

Because it triggers autists and because it's actually not a bad game, just like Attila wasn't bad (just mediocre).

What does Divide et Impera change?

New units, lots of them.
Army reforms, lots of small things, balance

And most importantly AI, shit is very smart now.
I got ambushed by it a few times and it pulls out tricks.
Also the AI army composition is very good

Will check out your mod OP, also try the Brutal Battles, it changes the spacing between models, makes things look more realistic steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=714628036

Also there`s a mod I`ve been wanting to try, similar to the OP one, the part 2 is cosmetic only, makes things pretty close to the tabletop I hope steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=753197357

Also do not forget Karl Franz black armor steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702081413

The sad part is that it actually isn`t, at least if you compare with moder TW games, the problem is that a jew company own it

Makes battles last for 4 hours IRL :^)

Exactly. It's not Shogun 2 levels of polish but neither is it a huge blunder like R2. It's just that Sega, GW and CA are all thouroughly semitic in their business approaches.

Also it might already be cracked since Denuvo was apprently blown wide open.

And its fun as fuck, yesterday i had 40 irl minutes battle, my 2000 of elite legionaries + 500 greek auxiliaries and 1500 garrison shit troops vs 7000 Greek regulars

Shit was tense

Everyone pretty much assumed that would be the case

Meanwhile Hyrule Total War just released an update a dozen hours ago. moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war/downloads/hyrule-total-war-42

I got a little concerned once they started making DLC shit instead of finishing up the Brets.

That mod has come quite a long way from the early screens I saw. Impressive work on the racial cities.

I really enjoy the mod from a gameplay perspective and what it does to recreate Hyrule but I have to admit the edge is just incredible, not even really in a bad way but a funny way.

Shoot.

Someone needs to make a mod for this game named Parcial War.

The only TW game Ive played is Rome 1. Does TW warhammer still has that abysmal "replay" feature, where you're not really watching a replay but an AI reenactment of it?

But I thought CA denied this?

Can I test this game yet?

why the fuck should I care and not wait until all 150 overpriced DLC packs are out so I can pirate this?
I cant believe I wasted money on buying the basegame

Its not that a chosen chaos knight is physically incapable of picking up a javelin and fighting as a skirmisher. Its that he has made a long bloody career out of being the biggest and meanest badass on a horse ploughing through enemy formations of infantry. He has done this for so long and gotten so good at it that even the chaos gods have given him a measure of recognition for it. He is not about to put away demonic sword and hellfire lance to pick up some puny javelin just because the chaos champion told him to. Now would he be much better at using such weapons than the average marauder.
Hence, you don't get chaos chosen, who specially in cavalry skirmishing with god damned javelins.
Its much the same for the orcs. Those black orcs and the biggest, meanest orcs around. They ain't going to hang back with bows for nobody. That's what grobos and regular orcs are for, not the cream of the crop heavy close range stuntie stompers.
Nor are the tomb kings about to start providing their sacred asp arrows to the hated minions of the great betrayer Nagash who personally destroyed their countries, no matter how fervently those vampires swear they aren't working for him. They also happen to live several thousand kilometers from Sylvania, cross dwarven and orc controlled badlands. So no fancy bows for the vampire counts. The best argument for ranged units for them would be Sylvanian levies.
Or the dismounted bretonian knights, as if any self respecting bretonian noble would ever stoop so low as to trudge about in the muck of a battlefield like some filthy peasant.
Its shit that you might get away with in the real world where people are more pragmatic, but in the warhammer world, these people just don't do that.
If radious would just reign it in with that kind of units and making units that really should be rare variations of regular units vastly superior in every way to the regular kind and readily available everywhere (Dragon Company, Death's Head Company and Leopold's Leopard Company for example, two of which are mercenaries who will work for whoever, but there's only one of them, and the latter of which is a local border militia who are better than regular militias at killing undead, but consist of locals from the border with sylvania in orsterland or something. Not something you should be able to recruit on the other side of the empire as a solid replacement for all your halberd companies)

The new DLC will coincide with free patches that will add Vlad von Carstein, the original von Carstein motherfucker himself.

I congratulate CA, they somehow managed to make a game technologically inferior to Medieval 2.

10/10 game.

forums.totalwar.com/discussion/175062/new-section-post-your-balancing-queries-here/p2

I've made a couple posts on the forum already.. It might just be a vain hope for them to fix things, but I suppose we'll find out.

but user, why would you play old games like that when you could pay for new dlc to unlock factions already in the game?

Bump because

It might have to do with the way the game handles multiple weapons. Attila had problems with its shock cav because regular melee cavalry was pretty much just as good at charging and stayed alive in melee much longer. You're not supposed to have your lancers poke at things, you're supposed to cycle charge them.

Also, apprently GW has removed the Warhammer Fantasy section from Black Library. What a bunch of nignogs.

What the Total War Teams are working on - updated 1st September 2016
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/183522/what-the-total-war-teams-are-working-on-updated-1st-september-2016/

New Content Team – Total War: WARHAMMER DLC and Free-LC
Having recently released ‘Call of the Beastmen’, one of our best-selling Total War DLCs to date, the New Content Team are just now launching ‘The Grim & The Grave’ today (likely to hit after 4pm BST).

It’s still a very busy time in the team, as they pull out all the stops to fulfil our vision of lots of free-LC and DLC content to support the huge trilogy of WARHAMMER titles we have planned. In fact, across the various members of the team, three different DLC and Free-LC releases are at different stages of development with design work underway, concept art being created or animations being put together.

And that’s not to mention the very early planning and conversations we are having around an early adopter bonus and the DLC and free content plans for the second WARHAMMER game.

Fuck it PRINT IT!

Muh Ethics

They didn't even fix the first one, the fact they're already talking about DLC for the sequel is beyond pathetic. CA's already become a yearly release developer.

You idiots should wait. A humble bundle will happen and you'll get the entire set at 90% off with all their previous games AND not pay a cent to Sega or CA. Only then will I actually own a legit copy of Rome 2 and Warhammer.

I have no reason at all to support CA in any way shape or form because they're fuckheads.

Only reason to have this thread

For what purpose. Unless they're doing different eras/geographic locations, I don't see the point.

There is nothing to "fix" in TWW as it stands.

Presumably they'll make the grand campaign map bigger with each "new" title.

How the fuck do I deal with all the shit in Europa Barborum 2 as Rome?

I have no money, can only support one full stack of armies and Cisalpine Gaul keeps shitting out Armies to fuck me up in the North while I still need to clear out the Rebels on Sicily and South Italy.

30 turns in and I've only conquered two areas. What am I doing wrong?

Co-op mode. Its been broken since Shogun 2 and its still broken in this game.
Meanwhile the official forums are flooded with bugs. There's nothing to "Fix". Pfft. Back to TWCenter you go shill faggot.

Bugs that amount to minor problems like certain items not dropping or a skill not being applied correctly. There are no game breaking bugs in the game (unless you're a normalfag tard who can't keep his computer in order I suppose).

I love TWW, but there is a lot of shit that needs to be rebalanced and fixxed. Like the tedium that is a Chaos campaign, due to horde infighting punishing you any time you keep your armies together, and give you casualties that will take nearly a dozen turns to recover every time you fight a battle 1 on 1 against full garrisons. Good luck trying to take a full garrison backed by even a single stack, with only 1 army, without taking heavy casualties. And usually the enemy will use multiple stacks against you.
Chaos as it is now, does not play like the unstoppable hordes of doom sweeping down upon the southron weaklings, its 90 % you running away like a bitch from 3-4 stacks trying to gang rape you. And if you try to use multiple armies to gang up on them, you get extra attrition that takes even longer to recover from, while the next 3-4 stacks of southron weaklings continue to hound you.
The problem isn't that you can't beat it, its that it takes ungodly ages to make any headway beyond Norsca. Its simply not fun, just endless tedium.
Empire, Undead, Orc and Dwarf campaigns all work, why the fuck can't CA unfuck chaos? They are supposed to be the main threat to everything else, but as is, they are pathetic without being under the control of a cheating AI. And even then, they usually don't make it far past Kislev before they get dogpiled by everyone.
Beastmen work a lot better due to the moon shit giving you the ability to actually recover casualties quickly, armies being able to hide on the strategic map and NO ATTRITION FROM PUTTING YOUR ARMIES NEAR EACHOTHER.

At least dwarven gunlines ands artiller is fun.
And bumrushing the enemy with a shit ton of Big'uns and Blackorcs in the campaign map.
And undeads monster spam.

I beat my very first campaign as Chaos with just one horde. Admittedly, the infighting is stupid and a weird decision but it doesn't make the faction unplayable.

The infighting would be lore accurate.

If they were led by anyone who ISN'T the godsdamn EVERCHOSEN.

Gameplay wise what I think CA had intended was for Chaos to be head and shoulders above other factions in terms of how powerful their units are, but balance for multiplayer demands other wise so they tried to have both but fucked up all around with Chaos, who are now far too expensive for what they can do.

I didn't say unplayable. I said tedious. Sitting around 5-10 turns recovering casualties, every battle, or just flat out sacking damaged units and recruiting fresh ones.
Either way, it gets really old, really fast.
And its not like they can't unfuck horde factions by definition. Beastmen are a lot more fun to play.

It wouldn't even be that hard to fix the campaign. Make it easier to convert other chaos factions into loyal underlings, instead of having to hunt down every single collection of mudhuts in the ass end of nowhere to get a Norscan faction under control. Why not have some overall meter measuring how well your apocalypse is going, how happy the gods are and how loyal your henchmen are. So long as you keep sacking towns and winning battles, other chaos factions should flock to your banner and the gods shower you with presents, free regiments and so on.
If you start loosing battles, the gods look the other way and most of the other factions will either try to replace you or find urgent business elsewhere and leave. Suddenly your "economy" is in the toilet, betrayls, challenges from ambitious generals and general backstabbyness is everywhere while all your allies defect.
Ballance is simple and so long as you win, you get to be the unstoppable horde of cheese and doom.
Instead of the harbinger of the end times, the lord of armies of chaos and destroyer of all that is nice and fluffy, being reduced to waging a campaign of guerilla warfare out of the chaos waste for fear of fighting the full might of even a single country head on…

True. It wouldn't be such a big problem if you could just transfer units from one army to another with Chaos without running into attrition.

I just tried Vlad von Carstein and the guy is OP as fuck in SP. He gets a skill that gives ~150 Exp per turn to his army and ~100 Exp to ALL OTHER UNITS.

Vampire Counts are designed to have really damn strong HQs while their core troops are weak cannon fodder on the tabletop. The Tomb Kings are the same way but a different flavor and style. So it's not remotely surprising.

Grim & Grave is pretty good so far, loving the new units.

It's interesting that they are now the faction with the most Lord choices. I didn't even see that they got the Strigoi Ghoul King as a new regular Lord too.

How long are you going to keep shilling the game here?

You've been at it for months.

It says so right in the fucking OP you turdburglar.

How long are you going to keep being ass blasted about other's enjoying a game you don't?
Is it really just because denuvo prevents you from pirating it, or is it some kind of deep neurosis that keeps you coming back to keep throwing fits at the imagined horror that someone somewhere is having fun.

You're the same faggot in every thread. I recognize the writing style.

How many cents do they pay you for each post?

Yo, moron, check the ID. If I'm paid to shill, why would I mainly post about the problems that I want fixed in the game?

Clearly it's some double-reverse-Negajew tactic. Holla Forums says so.

Oy vey.

And I still stand by that statement. Balance issues aren't bugs, and the bugs that do exist are not game breaking.