Anomalies in S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Why are anomalies, and especially archanomalies so god damn fascinating? They give off this feeling of mystery, spookiness, and you're scared shitless and drawn to them at the same time?

The only comparable object in real life to this level of fuckery are black holes.

What is this feeling and what other games have it?

You answered your own question. They are fun to navigate though

Love stalker, but I'm pretty sure we already have a few threads.

Sorry OP. Im a faggot.

Play Pathologic and The Void.
You'll have that feeling almost the entire game.

I don't know if we're thinking about the same but E.Y.E. divine cybermancy gave me this feel all the time

Fuck it imma go download stalker and actually finish it this time

The reason I posted arch anomalies was because they're the most menacing and abnormal looking, although the tunnel full of electras from the first game gave me a similar feeling of alien horror.

Anomalies are one of the main reasons I love this game so much. They are incredibly strange and dangerous, yet you want to get to them to find the artifacts they contain. Fuck I remember the vine anomaly in the Pripyat outskirts was quite the thing for me. Wish I knew more games with this kind of spooky

None, S.T.A.L.K.E.R is the only game that has given me "that feel".

Zone in general is so fascinating. And the Roadside Picnic, and other stuff related to that are pure sex.

Some day, there will be a game about Roadside Picnic.

Since fucking when? Not only there are fuck-all varieties of them, they are all extremely visible and are circumvented by your infinite supply of bolts.

Interestingly both also slavic games.

When something that you can observe is blatantly ignoring or breaking the known laws of physics, it's hard to ignore - especially for a species as nosy as humans.

I mean shit, black holes are what happens when the universe divides infinity by zero: mass of infinite density within a point of no size. Just looking at it on paper is enough to make alarm bells go off in your brain.

Anomalies are the same, but they're breaking laws of vidya physics, which are easier to explore and understand. It's like scratching that primordial itch of cracking the secrets of the unknown.

Bolt had a string attached to it for unlimited use if I recall.

I'm an atheist but if I saw this IRL I'd be like "welp this is the portal to hell"

yeah you'd tie that shit to your finger if you want to lose it. Gravitational anomalies have enough strength to compress human bodies down to the size of a football.

string is soaked in vodka, so is immune

I forget what it's called but the big straight gash through the ground in the first area creeps the hell out of me. Weird tree growth and bizarre rock formations I can handle but there's something so unnerving about a cut right through the Earth too clean and neat to ever occur naturally

Scar anomaly?

Enjoy, fellow atheist.

That footage was boring. Have more.