Jews

jewmanji 2 is now outgrossing the last flop

archive.is/GIZR7

since the last flop has only barely doubled its budget domestically, does that make it a failure? the wiki page says it has a budget of $200 million, but we all know that's bullshit. the absurd amount of cgi, the cost for on-location filming, and apparently having built more sets than any previous sw film, no way it was done for $200 million. both rogue one and the fart ripens had budgets over $250m, you gonna tell me this fiasco cost less to make?

TFA figures were close to $430M production and marketing so I figure TLJ was similar or a little below. Box Office is also gross ticket revenue, they get a little larger cut domestically than abroad, but let's call it 50% conservatively, the $1.1B worldwide is only about $550M at most.

There has been an Awakening…Have You Felt It?

wiki says $300m, marketing is usually an extra $100m, where's that other 30 come from?

Good.

nosy little faggot aren't you?

You cannot fathom how fucked up the writers/directors/producers/actors/camera operators/editors/marketers were during production.

is the rock /ourmongrel/?

It's barely outdoing Rogue One which wasn't even a mainline Star Wars movie.

Think about that. In only three years, Disney's already managed to severely damage the Star Wars property. And the Han Solo movie is supposed to come out this year only a few months after TLJ. Talk about piss poor management from a multi-billion dollar company. I can't see the Star Wars brand recovering after this.

fake news

They shit all over Luke Skywalker, the hero of Star Wars, it's only downhill from here for Disney Wars.

this. they did the absolute dumbest thing they possibly could.

And they already wrote off the Han Solo movie with how troubled a production that was expecting the TLJ to do well. Their Star-Wars-a-year-plan is really failing them in a big way. They could turn it around by bringing more quality control but I think the brand has been tarnished and won't return to how it used to be. They'll have to go back to how Lucas did before.

Start from the bottom to earn their trust. Stop the movies for now and start back to comics, novels, animated shows and games. Do that for a bit while building up a neo expanded universe to work off. Then start a new trilogy that is actually planned and crafted to be good and taking time for each release. Once they've actually made a successful trilogy, they'll be forgiven for at least TLJ. Forgiveness for everything else will come with decades of work to build the brand back up to a respectable form.

i highly doubt that. this new trilogy has already spawned the next generation of sw fans that will heavily criticize the next trilogy.

Lel. They’ll salvage “”””””episode 9”””””” by bringing back jew jew and teasing with luke force ghost, not to mention laying on the see this or your a sexist racist extra thick. After that they’ll pivot to crossovers where you can expect to see chris pratt blowing up a death star the size of a GALAXY. If yidney has proven anything its that even oldfags who care about canon will pay to see a movie they hate multiple times. All they need to do to fix the balance sheet is downsize the budget and keep rolling out the bright lights and space balls.

i really can't see how they'll salvage this sinking ship.

I don’t think this new trilogy has fans, aside from little girls who kinda like Rey but then go imagine they are another Elsa or Anna from Frozen. Little boys are largely rejecting Nu Wars.

agree, even if they actually tried to reverse the SJWism and make a legit space opera they've probably pissed off or disappointed too many people by now

With honest effort and very creative people they could, but with JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy, they won’t. They will never even admit that TLJ underperformed, or that fans disliked it.

That's what everyone was saying about the prequels, until you idiots started prequelposting for le ebin trolling.

Toy sales tell a different story. The young boys who loved the prequels aren’t being replaced.

TFA got only 8 millions in the same day, so 14 millions is actually an improvement.

The fans loved it, they were pissing themselves from how rauchy it was. None of that for TLJ.

Why are they so afraid to call it a soft reboot? Did they Ghostbusters backlash really get to them?

Damn beauty and the beast had a 160 production and probably no more than 100 marketing, since everyone was already blowing up youtube about it

They just pumped more money because TFA made 2 bil