LUFIA II IS THE BEST GAME AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

This is the Game that i played when i was young. It was my first RPG and i played it to death.

ALSO,
thread about your first rpg game… i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/440/
youtube.com/watch?v=I-_yzFMnclM
youtube.com/watch?v=kVdBgllPV_M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My very first RPG (and game overall) was Final Fantasy V, but Lufia II still holds a dear place in my heart, to the point I replay it every time I can use a SNES emulator on a different machine.

It may be a classic JRPG from the 16bit era, but it has a lot of charm. Plus, the Ancient Cave is pretty fun to play through, and is much more challenging than whatever the game can offer.

Give it a try if you haven't already. It is worth it.

floor 98 and 99

What differentiates it from generic SNES JRPG #1350 ?

Fun moments indeed.

Well-written story (although cliché), nicely done battle system (with the IP skills giving you a reason to keep certain equipment pieces) and the Ancient Cave (a randomly generated 99 level dungeon where you go naked and at level 1, and where you can gain fucking good equipment).

Also, remember that there is no save through it, so if you're doing it on the SNES, it might take you two to three hours in a row to go through it while knowing what you do.

Hope no one will request to use the TV during this moment.

Ur childhood game is shit

Kill yaself fool

Poor little boy, too addicted to his Call of Duty and other Undertale to enjoy good games.

I pity you.

i rebuild the first town in far cry 2

remember, there was a time where they made these maps with love.

and nowadays, even if they would try to remake it, they would fail!

They did remake it. Into an ARPG. A completely flat one, in addition.

Curse of the Sinistrals, on DS.

Seiken Densetsu 3 is the best jrpg on the SNES and youre wrong

Curse of the snestrals is only vaguely similar. Like, all the names are there, and it kinda follows the story at times, but other than that everything else is completely different.

Anyone have a link to an english ROM?
I have never played this one.

Just get the Japaneses Rom and Lunar IPS.exe to patch the game with a fan translation.
romhacking.net/translations/440/

Loved JRRG's back in the day but they are hard to appreciate now because only a few still hold up to the test of time in my opinion (Breath of fire 3 & 4). I never could get into Lufia or Wild Arms. Then again this is coming from someone who probably will never ever replay Chrono Trigger or FF6 even though I beat both dozens of times as a kid. Is as if Dragon Warrior 3 was the high water mark of traditional JRPG's. Tactical RPGs like Disgaea or FF tactics, Advanced Wars, Fire Emblem or Action RPG's like Secret of Mana series, Secret of Evermore, Ys Origin, Tales of Series are comfy as fuck.

I could never beat guard Daos and then my poor friend stole it and my game boy.
Fuck you sean

Isn't this the game where your player character straight up ditches his lifelong GF to be with some hot amazon chick he just met? I kept waiting for the game to bring her back for some moral lesson. Nope, never saw her again.

Game turned out alright.

No, Tia was never Maxim's GF to begin with, she was just someone Maxim mooched off of, if it wasn't for the fact that she forced him to take her along for the ride, he would ditched her at the beginning of the game.

You see her again, at the VERY end of the game. Also, in the remake she Marries Dekar for some reason

Lufia II had better mechanics, but Lufia 1 had the superior story and feels.
All faggots who played Lufia II first because it was just called "Lufia" in the shithole they lived have my sympathy

Tia is that clingy girl who keeps offering to suck your dick, but has serious emotional issues and would probably go into full possessive psychopath mode the instant she got a taste, so you keep trying to tell her to fuck off, but in her mind she keeps hearing, "I'll probably love you tomorrow if you keep at it" so she never fucking goes away.

Getting her out of the party felt like a huge weight being lifted.

Barring Pokemon, I suppose my first (J)RPG was Golden Sun back in high school. A friend had picked up a cheap cart of the first game and gave me it for whatever reason.

I suppose I ought to give Lufia a go sometime. Not sure when I'll get to it though. Is it just Lufia I and II that are worth playing in the series?

I honestly don't get why some companies opt to do that. Looking at Castlevania, they've all been subtitled and/or numbered here in NA, but to my knowledge in PAL areas, Castlevania I, Circle of the Moon, and Lament of Innocence were all simply named "Castlevania" out there.

Its not even the good RPG, let alone the best one.

Wew, that's neat. They kinda had something going on the one scene they interact after Maxim and Selan's marriage ceremony. Though, is that a good enough reason to play that remake? I hear it's beyond shit

It's a real clusterfuck alright.
Think of it like this, Maxim in Lufia 2 was more like Adol from Ys, a guy who's always looking for adventure, and only just happened to stumble across the snestrals while on his journey, and the game had a much better balance of gameplay/cutscenes.
Maxim in the remake, who now looks like a final fantasy character is told by erim Iris in a lengthy cutscene after a scripted battle with Gades, who announced to the world in ANOTHER lengthy cutscene that he was a big bad scary man that will take over the world, to be the Chosen one who will one day destroy the snestrals and save the world, and then for the next, oh 10, 20 minutes you have to sit through story, as they kinda finally retread the Fish scene, after which you can sit through Lexis talking about how his ship can't fly, but it can drive, and then FINALLY you get to the first real level of the game! A very flat bridge that i don't even remember from Lufia 2.

One of the things that I both loved and hated with Lufia II was the puzzles. Some weird combination of Zelda item puzzles mixed with turn based logic.

My first rpg was probably Breath of Fire II. Was confusing to navigate when I was a kid since things were a little more open on the overworld map.

Fuck yes, Lufia 2 is so good. I have to go back and recomplete it on my SNES because I accidentally bumped the console while the game was on and it wiped my save. It's such a lengthy RPG too, really kept upping the ante on power scale.

I wish Lufia 2 would have the battle system from Lufia 3. Lufia 3 was underrated and if the dungeons were like Lufia 2 and the translation was better it would be a GOAT sequel. Even with those flaws the game is still a solid game and underrated imo. Really loved the battle system and the soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=I-_yzFMnclM
youtube.com/watch?v=kVdBgllPV_M

Thankfully BoF II now has a fan made retranslation patch.

How is the translation quality for the Lufia games, anyhow?

The Wild Arms series (especially WA1, 2, 3, and ACF) likes to have puzzles involving LoZ style dungeon items, and can range from pretty simple to requiring outside the box thinking and/or combinations of items to progress through a given puzzle.

Wia if that's you thank you for recommending this game

Does the endless dungeon go anywhere?

Not awful, they did botch a few things, iirc a map or two was corrupted somehow, and a few strings were not translated.

ah, here's the bug

I know there's a bugfix patch, but does it just fix glitches of also provide untranslated strings too, or something?

Even though I owned a SNES, I didn't play any RPGs on it idk why.

My first one was Legend of Legaia on the PS1 and it was so good. The story was kinda shit I guess, but the combat system was pretty solid.

Wow, you sure showed him!

you have a huge backlog now.

Since this thread is talking about old snes rpgs… does anybody knows one where there is a city with some big ladders and rainbows in the background? Like the city was in the mountains or something. Can't remember if it was some Final Fantasy or something. Very cozy game but i simply can't remember the name.

Lufia 3 is better

Interesting story about Lufia III.

Lufia the Legend Returns was originally was suppose to be a side project starring Maxim in his younger years. The main game was going to be on Playstation under the title of Ruins Chasers. However the new publisher went bankrupt and took all of the assets with it. So Neverland had to take their side project and finish it in six months to make it a main installment or go bankrupt. Of course Natsume half-assed the localization and the game was panned in the states (not that it had much of a chance to have a good story behind it to begin with).

The concepts of Lufia III have been repurposed. The character designs were inspired for for CIMA: the Enemy, another Neverland developed title. The theme of exploring ruins was used in the gaiden sequel Ruins of Lore which had a monster capture and fusing system. And the asthetics of magitech-steam-punk were used in the DS remake.

Neverland went bankrupt shortly after releasing Rune Factory 4. The IP is owned by Taito which is now owned by Square Enix. And if there was another Lufia game it will be mobile shit because fuck you Square.

Yup, sounds like standard modern rpg bullshit.

Oh god, I remember being so disappointed at this. You finally get to the fucking Dual Blade and then you can't see shit. IIRC some roms also had the 100th floor of the ancient cave bugged out like this.
Does the japanese version have the same glitch?

Nope, Natsume just completely fucked up the shrine tileset.

That's because Square-Enix did half the work and also the publishing. And it shows. Curse of the Sinistrals is a slap in the face to series fans.