There are people out there that care about weapon skins

Why?

12 years ago, if you tried to charge $3.99 for an Unreal Tournament or Quake skin you'd be laughed off of every modding forum out there.

What went wrong?

It's probably not too different than a fashion obsession

Some people are just really fucking dumb. Also admittedly newer PD2 skins look way better than the shit you posted
Goonmod was a mistake

Just Jews being Jews.

Probably this.

By making this thread to complain about it, you show that you care that they exist, too. Retard.

I played CSGO for a couple of weeks. In those few weeks, I got a knife skin drop. I sold that knife to some imbecile for almost $500 in steambux. Then I sold that steam account with $500 in steambux and a couple of "rare" "trading cards" for $1200 real bux.
Weapon skins are pretty sweet.

How do I make this money again?

A friend of mine plays a lot of online shooters and somehow ended up with a lot of skins for free. He sold them all and ended up crashing the "skin economy" for about a week. So many people lost money because of him. He felt really bad about it, but I just thought it was funny.

Parents always bought their children shit toys
shit toys don't exist anymore
Dumb kids want skins now, mommy and daddy use their credit card to buy it for them

You cannot get a knife skin drop.

What you did was buy a case, buy a key to it, and gamble until you got a knife by pure luck. All with real life money.

The system is working as intended. The reason why you got that knife was pure luck, you were only one out of hundreds of idiots opening the cases.

I point my finger and laugh at you for buying the fucking cases and keys.

bullshit. You cannot just end up with fucking inventory with a shit ton of monetary value attached to it. What, did he fucking magically find it?

Lies. You can't be dropped a knife skin, you can only be dropped a case which you open with a 2.5 buck key or a max 1-2 euro gun skin, most of the time you will get a 3 cent skin though.

Probably CS:GO. I assume he just scammed idiots out of their really good and expensive skins. I highly doubt he crashed any economy though.

You can if you play enough and Valve's algorithm shines upon you. Some people have gotten +300$ skins out of just skin drops you get from playing the game.

Why would come on the internet to tell lies

They look like they knew they were going to become a living meme. I guess they were in some comedy program? I can't believe people gesturing their faces like that were doing music honestly.

Guns always look best in their realistic default shade, just like in real life. I always ignore weapon skins.

I very lively remember the modding community around cs1.4-1.6. People went apeshit with skins and it was hilarious. Also everything was free and everybody and their mom had their own server running.

Good times.

Nothing beats the original audio.

Camo can be an improvement as long as its practical and doesn't look like vomit.

Isnt gambling ilegal n most of the world?

How Valve gets away making a FPS into a weapon skin gambling game?

also

Well gaben just fucking went with it and milked it until there was that scandal with the youtubers shilling a gambling site of their own and only then valve "discovered" people were gambling with skins and didn't quite do something about it but simply turned off api access to a bunch of this shitty gambling sites

my how progressive and mature. Holla Forums is really growing up!

The best skins are solid color paintjobs or camo. But they're not what people want I guess.

They get around it by saying it's not gambling since you always win something when you uncrate stuff. It's really scummy.

Its just another one of the money making techniques that make sure that I'm not going to be getting very many decent singleplayer FPS in the future or even just singleplayer FPS in general.

I mean its so insanely profitable that Valve has pretty much abandoned anything that made them good and just become a skin and hat maker now and if you liked their singleplayer shit you can just go and fuck yourself.

I doubt people would want to have a butt-ugly gun if it was a single player game. It's an obsession with status, with how valuable your skins are.

They don't even make the content themselves anymore for the most part. That's the saddest thing about it.

Isn't that how fashion works?

Stop being a poorfag, OP.

You don't deserve those post numbers.

I think that caring about other people caring about skins is distinct from caring about the skins for their own sake.

Well duh. I hate weapon skins as well. They are stupid. They give no tactical advantage whatsoever.
It is made for "look im speciul :D" types and jews.

Weapon camouflage on other hand…

The people who bought skins in PD2 are beneath even the typical whale in intelligence.

In case anyone is wonder this re-dubbing of music is called shred, or shredding.

They made them free months ago.

Also:

Sorry, user, those don't exist anymore. We have got a perfectly fine (((Steam Workshop))) for you, though. We'll finally get our paid mod support any day now, too.

The Halo generation got old enough to apply for credit cards.

They're like giant flags that you're awful at the game.