Usually when i play a multiplayer game im "meh"

this is a self insulting feel

That's not skill, lad.

I always assumed those moments were less about me being good, and more a case of the enemy team collectively shitting itself on accident.

Mostly happened with Counter-Strike for me but not really in other games.

CS is shit anyway.

That "burst" of skill is something that happens to most people, it's basically what happens when several or all elements align in your favor, it's just more noticeable when you're not playing at a very high level mostly because you become highly skilled only when you make those elements a non-factor and the difference between meh and decent is more apparent than between very good and slightly better than very good.
It's not just because of other players shitting themselves either as it can also happen in single player games, but obviously that's one of the factor

Shit thread, check dubs

OFF BY ONE

Your post remind me of pic related op.
As in nice blogspot, now fuck off.

Get the fuck out, redditor.

CS players call that "to toggle".
Just as you sometimes get immersed in an RPG, and you forget anything around the game even exists, you sometimes experience peaks in concentration on thee shooter.
It happens to everybody, and you can actually train yourself to stay in that mode for a longer period of time.
It is kind of zen if you do it with RPGs, or slow paced games, but with fast paced shooters it can really fuck you up, since prolonged exposure to high adrenaline levels are no bueno.

I sometimes got those states while talking about a topic at length to someone. I don't even realize I'm playing well until I finish talking and realize I murdered the whole team.

I prefer this one.

lag compensation giving you free kills, if we're talking about newer games.

otherwise you're just in the zone

It's called the flow user. Though it happens more often in purer games like rhythm games, and actual sports too.

Designated dubs thread

That's called being "in the zone" and it's a state of heightened neuro-synaptic activity where you basically play the game on total subconscious autopilot and react faster than your conscious mind physically can.
When you go pro, you learn how to do this all the time. You play by relaxing your brain and letting your muscle memory and pattern recognition take over. It's easiest to train yourself to do this by listening to loud music or talking to people loudly while you play.

And the moment you recognize it's happening, as a casual player, you fuck it up. No exceptions.

its called being in the zone

I used to play TF2 a lot as a medic and one time I pocketed the entire team and got tons of praise then, the next round showed up and I couldn't keep anyone alive for more than 30 seconds.

Its because you have a game where the people you're playing with are trash, then you go back to playing with people who are at or above your skill level.

I used to binge adderal and play FPS games at godlike levels for 18 hours at a time. For days after, the "FPS instincts" maximum autismo would not shut off I would mildly hallucinate enemy players hiding from me or guns pointing around corners.

It's called "being in the zone"

Using your right brain (passion, feeling, etc).

When you start being aware that you're in the zone, or you start to focus on chat (which activates your left brain), you lose it and start to underperform.

You get in the zone at times when you do something you enjoy. The amount of skill-level required is precisely at your actual level of skill and all other conditions are correct for you to relax and just focus on the gameplay itself.

Happens in all sorts off sports and games. I'm sure chess-players get it too.

those moments its when you are playign against 10 years old

scrub

Gamblers Fallacy Much?

Yeah, its what is called "Being in the Zone"

Gaming has a lot to do with mental health, especially online games. Eat healthy to promote brain health. Don't drink coffee, it makes you anxious and harder to focus, at least for me. Have some organic orange juice bro, get plenty of vitamins.

And on that note
Dude, I know the word "faggot" gets tossed around too much, semantic satiation and all that. But there are some player you just know are genuine fucking queers in real life

Check em

Now

Now dammit