Post a movie and anons will tell you what games are analogous to it

Post a movie and anons will tell you what games are analogous to it.

Pic related, for example, is a Western movie about the historical William Walker, a filibuster (a sort of mercenary who wages a private conquest against a foreign country in order to take it over) who forcefully becomes the president of Nicaragua and holds onto that title as tenuously as he holds onto his sanity.

The film is notable for deliberately using anachronisms (like a helicopter in one of its pivotal scenes) as narrative parallels to the then-current Contra War of the 80's.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any flight simulator.

Banham Origins, Bane is also a big guy there

Both '71 and Spec ops the line are about a soldier who gets seperated from his platoon and deals with manipulative assholes, despite '71 being in the Irish troubles & Spec Ops being in modern Dubai

Call of Duty 4

I guess you could say TF2's use of modern day objects within a late 60's Cold War setting is analogous to Walker, but it's more of a cash grab rather than an artistic choice. Ironically, that decision fucked with TF2's artistic designs
Wolfenstein 3d also comes to mind, with the whole Hitler mecha at the end.

You're supposed to have other anons answer the question.

Red Dead Revolver

Woops. Anyway Viewtiful Joe is literally that movie.

Captain Rainbow also fits.

power stone 2 comes to mind

Pic related

Easy mode: Crysis

easy, mass effect.

Rune?

No Man's Sky
Star Citizen
Starbound

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture

hard mode: something other than hotline miami.

I guess these three

Rage, i guess.

that's why its the hard mode m8.

Think about it

Cheeky cunt.

But Nemesis dies at the end of the game and that's an important detail. The Terminator would be a better analogy.

EYE because it all makes sense

Ok, but then what would be analogous to No Country for Old Men?
I mean, in RE3 you're being hunted by a monster who busts in at random times. I know the endings arent the same but i'm already grasping at straws here.

Ach?