ITT: Game series where the 4th installment is the best one

3rd one is better

technically

Behold

but that's the 5th

Fallout
Doom
The Elder Scrolls
Quake(though Quake Champions™ looks like it might take that title when it comes out.)

civilization

nier

That game doesnt even exist yet.

Virtual Boy doesn't count.

Hey now, the Virtual Boy Wario game was actually pretty good. The console may have been awful, but the game wasn't.

That game will be forever lost in the annals of time. There's no reason it had to be Virtual Boy only. The jump-into-the-background feature was very much a gimmick and did not need to be 3d.

not cool user

Gotta agree. That soundtrack alone is pretty fucking good.

Super Mario World

Genwunners can fuck off.

What if I'm a Gen2er?

Perhaps the autists have redeemed themselves finally

GTA

GTA

What are you talking about? that says (3) ;)

>implying any of the CoD games are good

The best game wasn't even numbered

Mine does too! What are YOU talking about, huh?

It says (4) dumbass
0/10

Posting this completely unironically

then your alright________________________________________________________

Persona Enemies.jpg

whats wrong with being a genwunner? is that supposed to be an insult?

mah nigga

That's the 8th game in the series

are you Irish? because you must really love potatoes
Oblivion was the 6th game in the series. You forgot about Battlespire and Redguard

Well aren't I dumb fuck? Yes all the characters looked like they had downs and Cyrodiil became generic fantasy forest. Still consider it the best. That's not saying much though.

difficult to judge whether it's the 4th since there are two SMB2s

Doki Doki Panic actually did start out being developed as an SMB title before Ninty got the contract for a convention tie-in game. The USA version could be considered the game's ideal form

This, sadly. Forza 6 would be so much better if it let you use whatever vehicle you wanted in career mode.

Wario Land 3 is better. 4 isn't even the same type of game.

Quite possibly the best example.

while it is the best, it is also the 14th game in the series
8 character adventures for 2, and Phantasy Star Gaiden and Phantasy Star Adventure for Game Gear

I was like 8 when i randomly rented that game, holy fuck it kicked my ass in ways i didn't think were possible. Getting gud at it was a real joy
It's still my favorite X to date

I fancy 2 a bit more but that's still some pretty good taste

Nigga this isn't even finished yet. I've held of suicide for this shit so it better be good.

lol nostalgiafag

It's a decent one but I like X and X2 better. If X6 had had development time beyond a few months I bet you my life-savings it would be a game on par with X and X2. I still like it better than X5. On a related note, my own candidate, seeing as Zero 4 kicks the everloving shit out of every game before it and manages to get the fucking RPS system right by tying elemental affinities to their respective learned skills instead of having you scrabble around like a mad cat on the pause screen to get the best use out of your rising-saber move by equipping the fire chip.

The fact that VB Wario Land hasn't had a 3DS re-release/remaster is a fucking crime considering there's a multitude of games that use an identical foreground-background gimmick and it wouldn't even really be that hard to touch the game up with full-color.

I can respect preferring the classics over X4, but I feel the pure fact that they not only let you play as Zero for the whole game as well as the polish in both visuals and the soundtrack make it easily my favorite X game by far, possibly my favorite MM game overall.

Zero's half the problem for me because while he does provide an interesting playstyle for a typically long-range Mega Man game they also began explicitly designing levels around both Zero and X, leading to overall weaker level design. I remember Mega Man Unlimited had an approach to it where Zero's prototype is just a NG+ bonus so you're romping around with melee in an entire game intended for long-range Mega Man.

Twenty bucks says they'll use the AM2R DMCA fiasco as an excuse to finally stop making it. They haven't updated in like six weeks since they gave up trying to do scheduled updates.

If they do that they'll have the collective disappointment and autistic fury of the entirety of Starmen.net given I recall everyone on the team is at least semi-active there. Not good to be known as "the team that gave up" on a fan-site.

:^)

gee whiz, it's a good thing they changed that, hyper beam completely breaks competitive pokemon as it is

Prove me wrong

My nigga. Came to post this. Honestly, Z3 feels bloated after running through Z4.

Did you forget about EOV?

Well, for starters Leon's about to get his head chopped off there, and the dinky pistol can't do much to help him.

Call of Duty: World of Warcraft?

Gen 1 and Gen 2 had the best pokemon, artstyle, music, region, and story.

4.5 i guess

Gen 5>Gen 2>Gen 3>Gen 4>I expect Gen 7 to be here>Gen 1>Gen 6

I duno. They seem to have a good amount done and the effort thus far I think proves they have some heart in it. This happened before when they didn't update. If dubs it gets finished this year.

Honestly I think Zero 3's the weakest of the lot since it pulled the same shit X5 did with deliberately trying to pull an "ending" game, half-assing the new features it introduced (no-penalty cyberelves but only in Cyberspace, no learning charged shots/slashes all over again but not accounting for that elemental charged shots/slashes are still a better use of your time than any of the skills, etc) and having a disappointing "epic" final boss which coincidentally is another stripped-down version of X2's Zero fight. I love Omega in theory but he didn't get anything close to a challenge until his revisit in ZX and even then it was just compensating for his crap AI by removing between-move delay and giving him the ability to heal.

Friggin flag, I always forget about it.

I can't even get into the 2-stick control scheme in Nexus.
Is it improved upon in 4/4A?

Metal Gear

SA really gives this a run for its money

saints row?

Wow, you all have such shit taste.
Best number 4 coming through.