Like the title says...

Like the title says, I'm looking for coders and website programmers for volunteer positions in a text based MMORPG I'm planning to start. If you're interested, please send an email with your skills and experience(if any) to [email protected]/* */

If you don't have any coding skills, but you're still interested in helping, feel free to email me with how you think you could contribute.

Pic unrelated.

And I went and forgot a title. Nice.

The perfect mishap. Tell us what you got anyway.

gee gramps, don't you know we have graphics these days?

so, youre a writer? tell us about this game you want to make, what you want to make it with, and anything else relevant.

im a third year comp sci student who generally uses C# and Python, in need of something constructive to spend my time on, so do tell.

he is not gonna tell it because somebody will steal his idea.

you never know
im too lazy to man it and make my own game from scratch like the guys in the agdg, but id join a team if it sounded like something would actually come of it

I'll go into detail when I'm not posting from the bathroom at work, but yes, I am a writer. I have a general idea of where I'd want to go storywise and setting wise, but I have no skills for coding a game. And yes, text based.

A game is more than just a story. You need a lot of components to make it work, even if text based.

The way I see it, the main needs are coders, mods, a chat system, good writing, a reliable server, and good advertising. Am I missing anything?

You mean a MUD? First day on the internet, OP?
While I'm sure you can make a very nice MUD, user, there are plenty other far older ones in existence you may want to take a look at.

It will also need a playable world, items, balanced combat, etc.
Programmers all want to use different languages.

Your game will be shit

I forgot to add that, sorry.

literally asking for it

Aren't those called MUDs?

Yeah, po-tay-to po-tah-to.

To give a more general intent of my outline though, I'm looking to make a unique game - permadeath, completely player driven sort of thing.

He who is afraid to enter the tiger's den will never catch it's cub.

More general outline of my intent*

As you can see, I'm very intelligent.

so you want people to connect via telnet or ssh?

You mean exactly like a MUD?

I forgot open world. Not a MUD, no dungeons involved. Well, possibly dungeons.

I think you should try playing a few MUDs before doing anything.

Will do when I get home.

I do know the model I want to pursue for the game, I guess I just suck at communicating.

well thats kind of a problem if you want to be in any way involved in a team dev project over the internet