IT Aide Suspected of Espionage Still Has Secret House Email

IT Aide Suspected of Espionage Still Has Secret House Email

The former IT aide suspected of stealing equipment and data from Congress still has an active, secret email account on the House computer system

trunews.com/article/it-aide-suspected-of-espionage-still-has-secret-house-email

(VERO BEACH, FL) Imran Awan, who was banned from the congressional network because of a criminal investigation into the alleged cybersecurity violations, has a still-active email address linked to the name of a House staffer who specializes in intelligence and homeland security matters for Indiana Democratic Rep. André Carson. Court documents and emails obtained by TheDCNF show Awan used the address [email protected] in addition to his standard [email protected] account. He and two of his Pakistani-born brothers, as well as his wife, are at the center of an FBI investigation over their IT work with dozens of Democratic congressional offices. Authorities shut down Awan’s standard email account Feb. 2, and he was arrested by the FBI at Dulles International Airport trying to board a flight to his native Pakistan on July 25. Authorities apparently did not realize Awan has a second account that is not linked to his identity. While his main email address began rejecting mail after it was shut down, the 123 address was still accepting mail Tuesday.

Mail sent via Gmail fills in the name of the account-holder of 123 as Nathan Bennett, whose LinkedIn profile says his individual legislative portfolio covers “national security and foreign affairs” and includes work on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. The member Bennett works for, Carson, is a member of both the House Intelligence and House Homeland Security Committees, and previously employed Awan. Carson is ranking member of the House intelligence subcommittee on emerging threats, which oversees the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. The subcommittee oversight extends to the National Counterterrorism Center and information-sharing programs. A spokeswoman for Carson, Jessica Gail, did not express concern or surprise when contacted by TheDCNF about Awan’s still-active email address Monday morning. Bennett said Tuesday morning Gail had not even informed him of the details.

Bennett, who is Carson’s deputy chief of staff, told TheDCNF he has no control over the 123 address. “However this happened, it was not with my consent or control,” he said in an email. “For the record, I do not, nor have I ever, had control of the [email protected] email account or any other account connected with Imran Awan or his family.” That could not be confirmed by the House’s chief administrative officer (CAO) because spokesman Dan Weiser has said “the CAO will not comment on matters pertaining to this ongoing investigation.” A Democratic IT aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of job concerns, told TheDCNF that Awan and Carson used to play video games together in Carson’s office, and that he had been teaching Carson a foreign language. Gail did not dispute either claim. A landlord mentioned the address in a claim he filed against Awan for unpaid rent at an apartment called Morningside. “He told me that he worked for the House of Representatives, his email is [email protected],” the landlord said in Fairfax, Va., court records show.

Other urls found in this thread:

trunews.com/article/it-aide-suspected-of-espionage-still-has-secret-house-email
archive.is/tvy8S
archive.is/rfAPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can't wait for that real holocaust.

checked,
the slide is real

>trunews.com/article/it-aide-suspected-of-espionage-still-has-secret-house-email
have an archive op
archive.is/tvy8S

shit man bump

Bump. I am monitoring this thread.

Monitoring thread.

lol

checked, fucking sliding niggers this an interesting story

hell checked

No doubt Awan still has access
archive.is/rfAPg

needs a bump

Shoot the fuck

bumping for fucks sake

bampu

checked

Lol [email protected] was in the adobe breach

I heard this reported on fox last night, but they said it something like this.
Awan reported to have email that could access all house e-mail system.
I cant quite remember how they reported it but the gist was he had an e-mail account that let him access all of the house e-mails. If you half ass heard them reporting you would come away with the thought he had an email that let him see every email for the house.
And I know reporters are way beyond retarded when it comes to accurately reporting on anything tech related.
Hannity always comes off like a total faggot describing the lizards e-mail crimes.

Using the email address to impersonate government officials.

(checked)
how the hell is this not checked more??
sliding bastards

Bumping due to shill spam.

bump

I wonder if it's just coincidence at this point, actually planned, or something else? Consider this "raid" just as a way to gain attention to these subjects or look through the catalog? At any rate, these raids are pretty ineffective.

Possible targets for sliding

Possible explanation

bump

So, Pakistani ISI agent very likely by this point or no. I'd suspect that he was selling intel to a high bidder.

bump

Espionage is treason. Traitors get the death penalty - not personal emails.

bump