Resident Evil 7: Biohazard gets rating description, reveals it is in fact a videogame not a walking simulator

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard gets rating description, reveals it is in fact a videogame not a walking simulator

I wonder if now the 4-6 loving dudebro contingent will now stop bitching.

*They wouldn't though.

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=04c_1423469707
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Berenstain universe is weird.

I hate it when fiction does that. The human body is not that squishy.

I believe it when I see it.

There have been at least two first-person RE games, both fucked up light gun games.

Weren't those just spinoffs?

Yeah but they had free movement like RE7, too. I'm not talking about Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles but I can't remember what they're actually called. Survivor, I think?

doesnt have to be human in Re does it?

Gun survivor and some game on a cruise shit with a transvestite Tyrant.

Zombies are squishy, tho.

Not sure I buy that. Weapons could just work contexually or like that knife mechanic in ReMAKE where it activates when attacked to save you from taking too much damage.

I hope after they see the shit-show that is Metal Gear Survive they now know what not to do.

Don't you mean the catastrophic brand failure Umbrella Corps they keep trying to push on PSN with free weekends?

You watch Jim Sterling too??
#FuckKonami xD

BARENSTEIN! WE GOT A LIVE INCURSION FROM THE JEWISH TIMELINE!

The fuck is that even supposed to mean? What, is this a shilling tactic of promoting fighting within an already divided fanbase to distract from this new game appealing to no previous fans of the series?

Oops. Wrong thread…

That's a pretty epic comic my fellow channer.

No i'm saying if you liked the action shooters ones you are a pleb
Yeah with its giant robot midget statue designed to chase intruders down a straight line and destroy the castle built around it in doing so.
The only good part of RE4 is the village in the woods, everything other than the regenerator after that is garbage for 'wider market appeal' that only low brow plebs like.

What the fuck are you even trying to say here?

KIDF please.

I bet this guys from the universe where Schwarzenegger was the governor of california!

Go back to bed user, maybe you will wake up in your own again, or keep jumping forever. Good luck!

Ratings are irrelevant. All games should avoic censorship, and be distributed via piracy. Paid directly. No involvement with govt parasites. Scum shouldn't even become aware of it's existance from their position of perpetual universal cowardice.

*vapes respectfully in your direction*

Yes a lot of the action in 4 was downright ridiculous but what makes that worse overall? Resident Evil has always been on the line of parody despite the best of it's presentation. So Resident Evil 4 presented largely more like an action movie than a horror one (the most absurd exaggerated shit they thought they could get away with and all) so what? I'll agree with you that they could have thought of way more appropriate things than say a room full of lava and flame-throwing dragon boats suspended around and made the castle more appropriate in tone but such things didn't ruin the game at all. Yes, it wasn't survival horror anymore, they had gameplay they could fool around with and they embraced some goofiness, but that didn't stop the gameplay itself from being enjoyable and it wasn't completely devoid of stuff that put you on edge. -and how about the merchant? He was completely absurd but I bet you tolerated him didn't you?
Amnesia shit doesn't make us better off, it doubly misses the point, it doesn't want to treat itself like a game or represent the series. Resident Evil was originally creepy in tone as you progressed but at the same time you can't help compare it's logic to goddamn Professor Layton. -and at least they knew better than to release Resident Evil 4 as something like what we got, acknowledging it's about blowing up biologically created zombies, instead of literal haunted house shit. Could they have done cool shit with hallucinating like they planned up into 5? Sure, but what's done is done and what we have now is spooky mannequins and psychotic hicks starring in The Blair Witch Project. I'll probably be more satisfied with Resident Evil Survivor than something like that.

*knew better to

RE7 from what i played had me using items to open locks, finding fuses and exploring a spooky house in the woods. The camera change doesnt stop that being Resident Evil. Turning it into a gears of war lite with enemies dropping loot did.

You're an idiot user. Solving puzzles in a horror game is cliché. It is not resident evil specific. Resident Evil was a B-List movie plot about how science could go wrong. In this case ebil corporation using science for ebil profit. This is obvious from every game having a fucking laboratory.

By introducing ghosts into RE universe you now opened a can of worms of shit as well.
Demons
Angels
Holy grounds
Unholy grounds
Some bullshit unholy entity trapped/inprisoned for millennium which was accidentally released
Cant wait to see a RE character hold onto holy thingamawidget to use against old evil to exorcize it. And read files about holy texts and holy warriors.

bitch there was an ancient magical parasite that made giant bugs and made people into the matrix.
The can of worms has been blown open already

Keys and item parts being walked to the right place don't make for a Resident Evil game though. We've yet to see how the virus the game is centered around is even involved. If you took the title away nobody would think that demo had anything to do with the series. It wasn't made by any of Capcom's old talent though, we know/would've known that. For what it is. From the demo I doubt it will even be good at being the same genre as Amnesia, the variables lacked depth and I found myself making up several expectations or idea for things they could have used to scare me but they never did, just that tedious fucking video tape segment.

ITS NOT RESIDENT EVIL
THE COMBAT WONT HAVE
MECHANICS OTHER THAN QTE

ITS NOT RESIDENT EVIL
THE COMBAT WONT HAVE
MECHANICS OTHER THAN QTE

ITS NOT RESIDENT EVIL
THE COMBAT WONT HAVE
MECHANICS OTHER THAN QTE

ITS NOT RESIDENT EVIL
THE COMBAT WONT HAVE
MECHANICS OTHER THAN QTE

Told you fags it was going to be a FPS

Im okay with that

WRITING SHIT LIKE THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE

Because turning into a cover shooter with cricket ass men and a guy who can at will turn into a dino crisis 3 t rex and back is sacred ground that must be preserved and never changed right?

Because until RE7 releases that is the current state of resident evil.

Doing something bad doesn't make other established bad things go away.

nor is it besmirching something sacrosanct either but you act like it does.

IT DOES
IT HAS
YOU WILL SEE

IT DOES
IT HAS
YOU WILL SEE

IT DOES
IT HAS
YOU WILL SEE

IT DOES
IT HAS
YOU WILL SEE

Youre a pleb

Fuck off

The protagonist of a completely unrelated game. Stop posting any time

are you okay?

So you're saying because the series already sucks it's okay to not try to make it good or that the theme doesn't matter? Also I feel like you're not checking the IDs.

Las Plagas were a nearly extinct species that was re-engineered again to exist, by fucking science. Again, B-movie plot about science going wrong. But I'm sure that listening only to RE 4 memes all the time as a source tends to do that.

So it's really just Resident PT, only without that movie loving cuck kojima.

But why is it called RE7? Like at least its trying to be horror unlike RE6 but still.

Also where the hell is REmake 2?

It would be scarier if the shovel knocked his teeth repeatedly.

liveleak.com/view?i=04c_1423469707

Instead it was stated that there won't be any QTEs.

Wow. user.

I'm eating candy, now my mouth is watering in the most uncomfortable fashion.

Already a thread here