It's another 100 million plus film from Nolan

i.e pure kino

Are you happy that you've ruined the internet and cinema, were you born in 2002 as well you fucking fag

Why are you angry? Do you not see it? Autism elevated this man. Autism is the most powerful in the known universe.

I wish I was born in 2002, tbh.

I really believe The Dark Knight is a mediocre movie and the trilogy as a whole is pretty shitty. As far as capeshit goes Civil War was a better made movie honestly. People only act like they're great movies because they're edgy and the Joker was great. The attempt of making a gritty Batman movie failed fundamentally because Nolan insisted on doing all this ridiculous large scale shit when it should've focused on The League of Shadows and detective stuff. Then Inception and Interstellar were neat movies. They're not masterpieces and they're not shit either. Memento was try-hard garbage and seemed like a film students first attempt at a real movie.

With that said, I thought Dunkirk was good. I think it did what it what it set out to do which was express the despair, the fear, and the pain of soldiers in WW2. I also thought the sound design was really good for what it was trying to do and it accomplished that. It needed more or less dialog and it needed to be better written regardless. The shit with the boy dying on the boat was retarded. The civilians on the boat should've either been cut completely or have been just the other kid and his dad discussing the war by themselves and rescuing soldiers. There should've been more with the Naval officer discussing what was going on there. As someone who isn't a history autist i don't know the details of why any of that was happening. Overall the whole thing seemed like really well done History Channel dramatization back when History channel was about history. It's certainly not perfect but people acting like it's shit are absolutely retarded and objectively wrong in a lot of what they say. Like if you're claiming the sound design to be bad, you're just wrong because it's clear that you don't understand the point of it. It's meant to be grating. I feel like anyone who really dismisses it was incapable or too dumb to get immersed in the experience. The point of the movie was to show faggots today how fucking terrifying the sound of an enemy aircraft coming towards you was, or how fucked up naval warfare was for the people on board. It did that. So it accomplished what it set out to do. Even the kid just trying to take a shit is part of this. Though he needed to establish that setting a little better before getting to that. It was pretty jarring and came off as comical because we still weren't acclimated enough to put that kind of thing on screen.

2d girl to further upset the retards who hate films based on reddit opinions

The dark knight trilogy is weak. I didn't enjoy dunkirk, the sound alone was annoying as fuck, really stupid shit.

Nolan can't make action scenes and Interstellar is one of the most stupid movies of all time.

Civil War is a mess. Are you Holla Forums?

No, and honestly i've only seen it once. Now that i think about it the movie i'm thinking of is the other captain america movie people call good

All the marvel films are pretty bad the best ones would probably be 5/10 at best and they have captain america in them i guess

And I would put Nolan's Batman movies up with them. What i'm saying is that they're just capeshit and not even real films

Winter Soldier? It's one of the few MCU movies without a smirky remark every 2 minutes, so yeah, it's more watchable than most modern super hero films.

Yeah that one. All this shit blurs together

You're correct

posting for posterity

Kek

ITT: Disney shills mad that the Nolan trilogy towers over all the capeshit made by Marvel and will be remembered for an eternity.

It's the same shit different color paint literally that's it. Nolan has no chops. At least he didn't show any with batman

i'm okay with anything that works against the mouse but do you honestly think that? nobody gives a shot about TDK now, normalfags have all but forgot about it and after the Batman reboot is made nobody other than autists will even talk about it like the Raimi Spiderman movies

Really makes me think!

Spoken by someone who can't name many directors at all let alone a lot.

You forget the part where he intentionally garbles the sound so it can't be heard "for effect"

fuck i hate refugees like you
go back to where you came from you have no idea about the culture and history of this board

why is that gorilla wearing a military uniform?

He's not even in the top 50

grape ape got conscripted it wasn't by choice

So blatantly new it hurts

baneposting was born from the catalyst of hate towards nolans nonsensical dialogue and poor direction
youre an idiot, lurk moar you raging faggot

upvote

I like Nolans early work.

He's never made a bad movie.

The Prestige wasn't all that good tbh.

If nothing else, I appreciate Nolan's insistence on using practical effects as much as he does.

Say what you want, but I think the aerial shots in Dunkirk were gorgeous, and I think a lot of it is thanks to most everything being practical, and not dependent on fucking cgi.