What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9159905.stm
archive.is/ZtMvF
statista.com/statistics/260176/video-game-revenue-in-japan/
infoplease.com/ipa/A0933563.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sauce

publisher-funded media propaganda ala G4.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/9159905.stm

>nearly six fucking years ago

Games such as Fifa, CoD, Assassin's creed which have their yearly new shitty games making up all the numbers.

archive.is/ZtMvF

THAT'S TERROR

Could you show us something a little more recent?

Coincidence?

Where's that fucking mspaint comic about G4 and Halo 3?

statista.com/statistics/260176/video-game-revenue-in-japan/

so basically you're surprised an island in bufuck nowhere makes less money than the rest of the world combined?

0% of today's games are good. 10% were probably good when 2007 hit and then it slowly faded until when 2011 came around no good game came out and it has been the trend since then

Mobile games my friend. Mobile games

According to this; infoplease.com/ipa/A0933563.html

In the year 2000 there was over 100 million cell phone subscribers. A single subscriber can have many devices on the same subscription. This means that by 2000 cell phones were already beating the best selling game consoles at the time, the PS1 and Gameboy, by a large margin.

So why do we give a shit about phones now?

In 2008, Apple introduced the App Store for its iShits. This enabled developers to write games for cell phones for a general audience for the first time (we had Windows Phone apps and shit like the Ngage before this but they didn't have app stores)

So now cell phones, which were already outselling game consoles to begin with, are now competing with them.

But here's the catch;

Market Share =/= net gross

The average smartphone game costs 99 cents. The average console game costs 60 dollars

This is why games like Grand Theft Auto V are considered the highest grossing games of all time while Angry Birds or Minecraft is not. Even though Angry Birds and Minecraft have many more downloads. Its also why the Mario and Pokemon series of video games is still considered the best selling game series of all time. Because traditional video games and mobile games should never share the same market. Mario alone has sold well over 300 million copies while Pokemon has also sold over 300 million, which is impressive considering Pokemon isn't even as old

I would also like to point out Japans share of 10 percent is very fucking impressive. It makes Japan one of the largest video game markets per capita. That's 10 percent from just a single island against the rest of the damn planet

it must suck to have no taste/to be incredibly ignorant of all the great games coming out every year

Jews, no kidding

Actually him being surprised would actually be reasonable since said island used to make up 50% of the revenue. But now the masses have caught onto video games. Big publishers have absorbed all the smaller studios and now churn out highly advertised games that even make more money than big budget movies these days. Japan just doesn't appeal to all those people with rare exceptions like the Wii and Pokemon-GO.

I expected so much more from mobile years ago. I expected it to get a ton of visual novels and adventure games. Instead it just because a rehash of everything on Addictinggames for several years. And when we actually do get something worth playing like Puzzle & Dragon or Granblue Fantasy, they turn it into near gambling. With companies like Cygames being near EA tier.

Don't bother. He will just say that you eat shit without having any clue what you actually play.

I do it for my own sake, and in hopes to find someone who is unaware of tremendous looking games like Sakuna

Mark's tribe

This is how you tell everyone you're new here.

I love this bait

Guaranteed replies.

I've been here for years and I don't even get it.
Its okay user

yeah no you haven't

Ive known that man for years. Yes he has

It must be nice to have shit taste and love all the shit shoveled at you every year. So many of the best genres from past decades are dead. So you must be having a blast with all these walking simulators and shitty adventure games and shooters. But if you liked, say, 3D platformers, you're shit out of luck.

NUMBER TWO: THAT'S TERROR

What this user here said

Also, marketing racism towards the Japanese and making anti-Japanese propaganda. The jews done this so they can take control of the market. The SJWs in particular have done this in well.

It's why you see them attacking Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 kickstarter while praising the fuck out of the other kickstarters. They simply hate the Japanese, due to racism, and a lot of Japanese cucks are trying to bow down to the West. Simple as that.

Japan needs to reclaim their past glory and samurai spirit and start going full on gas the kikes, race war now 14/88. They also always need to remember.

JEWS FEAR THE SAMURAI

It does seem a bit strange that aren't more things like visual novels on phones now. It likely just shows how most people using their phones for games just aren't interested in anything beyond what was capable on newgrounds a decade ago.

Would people want to be caught reading eroge visual novels on their phones? Hell no.

I know there is SFW visual novels, but it would still look awkward as fuck in public.

I could imagine some people playing them. But still you could play it at home or just bored somewhere same as any other game.

But like something similar to 999 could easily be done for a phone game, yet it isn't for some reason.

I decided to see what that site's like now and holy fuck.

3 things: Casuals, mobile, and Jews

True, but if there is a PC version, people might rather play that.

Did some more digging and I found out some reasons for why this is.

yeah, japs cant keep up with copy pasted android games coming out every milisecond we're alive.

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU BOYS TO GET TO BED

I've noticed a decent number of phone games that were ported over to Steam. So the reverse seems like it'd be easy enough to do.

Seriously though, Japan has been on a sharp decline for a long while now, and indieshit filled the void.
Fact of the matter is good games come out every year, but the majority is shit, and you're allowing nostalgia goggles to turn you into an enormous faggot.
See also: every artform in every year.

I think Apple has one of those gigajewish "port punishment" systems in place like the Xbox has, used to have?, where if your game isn't put on their platform first you have to pay some obscene licensing fee or something. it's why most phone game versions are actually remakes, because otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Is there no end to this madness?

Quality over quantity.

Why can't they just stick to Hollywood instead?

That's kinda like my last name.
Am I a kike? Was I everything I hated this whole time?

The nips are getting outjewed by the jewthesdas of the world.

Makes sense.

Impressive.

days without jewish tricks.gif

Weeaboo burnout. Fucking moeshit ruined everything.

They tend to steal last names from every race on earth, so don't go thinking 23andme is a reliable source.

well if you are what you hate at least you're on the first step towards fixing your issues: enlightment. but dig your family history first because a german name doesn't instantly equal to jew that's just a meme

You could attribute it to some kind of "Western protectionism" promoted by the media.

Also, I have noticed that insulting Japanese style has become some sort of dumb "patriotic" attitude in some Western countries.

Yeah, back when it started in 1920. Fucking nostalgia fags who don't know what they're talking about.

Shift to character-based media.
The girls are more important than the games. Games are just a vehicle for characters.

It's weird.

Too bad most Japanese vidya characters are shit tier. It's amazing how entire franchises are made based on the same anime cliche archetypes.
Japan has some of if not the best gameplay designers in the world but that potential is being wasted.

Western games are better

This can't be figuring in mobileshit games, cause they eat that stuff UP

More mobilegames
Larger western market
Tons of garbage video games coming out of the west