Stargate Origins (teaser)

The gate is female.
The show will be on MGM's streaming service in February.

Other urls found in this thread:

gateworld.net/news/2017/06/stargate-comics-return-sgu-launching-this-month/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the point of a Stargate series where the stargate is opened only once in the entire series (the time Catherine's love interest activates the gate by accident and is trapped on the planet for the next 50 years)?

Saw German soldiers….. dropped I don't need to see more jewish propaganda of "ebil nazis™" + copious amounts of CY+2.99 propaganda.
You'd think after 70+ years of their propaganda and their flooding of Europe with the entirety of the middle east would be enough.

What? Explain more please

…and why is the story focused on her and not her father who was the archaeologist who found the stargate?

The nazis had the gate for a few years if I'm not mistaken.

That's obviously not what's going to happen.

because womyn are the future™ ….. implying women coalesce from nothing without the need for men.
Sure, and if the did a good job with it I have would have no issue but already it looks terrible…. screaming, weak soy boys in uniforms 2 ,sizes too big,rife with inaccuracies, holding some bimbo ( the mc)…. if there's no oy vey the holohoax reference then ….I'll send 2 shekels to some israeli charity.

I think it's directed by a feminist who never had a job before. We can expect a STD-level of retcons.

What else is new?

This.
Piss off (((hollywood))).

The time period this show is set is inbetween when earth finds the stargate buried in Egypt and the Stargate film/tv show.

During that time the gate was only activated once, and Catherine's (the old woman from the film/TV show) husband goes through it and is stranded on an alien world for like 70 years, they find him in an SG1 episode. After he was lost the gate was never activated again until the movie. They had no idea it could dial different worlds either, so even if they did activate it it could only goto the ancient world where Catherines husband was trapped.

Pretty sure they just had the DHD.

Another case of pissing off the old fans to try and get the female audience.

well, there are like 3 times the gate is activated for timetravel

Yes and there are alternate realities and all sorts of other shit they can use to explain it away also.
But they've specifically said it's set in the same universe and timeline. Unless the series ends with Catherine's memory being wiped then that makes no sense.
It's the same shit STD did, and the recent trek films too for that matter. Pay lip service to the old fans by saying it's the same timeline and then making it completely different by hand waving away massive inconsistencies with the old shows.

Webm sums up the creators of this nicely

welp, guess it's one more thing I'll never watch along with nuTrek

i thought this show was supposed to come out back in the summer or something, wasn't that the whole point of that website being set up?

Vaginanana Jones and the Stargate of Nazis

Wonderful

Wow, they did it. They ruined Stargate.

3 MORE YEARS OF DRUMPFKIN TEARS!!!

I'm pretty sure the muh lollercaust fags are actually eurokikes aka jews who reside in Yurop and white trash murikkkans aka our greatest ally fags. Israeli Jews don't even give a shit, they receive murikkkan money anyway, holocaust or no holocaust.

it's called reverse shilling

>they ruined stargate

WHAT HAPPENED TO ELI?
DID HE MANAGE TO FIX THE SHIP?
DOES HE EVER FUCK THE GIRL?
DOES HE EVER MAKE IT BACK HOME TO HIS MUM?
WHAT HAPPENS TO ROBERT CARLYLE?
WHAT'S THE GALAXY THEY'RE GOING TO LIKE?

GUESS WE'LL NEVER KNOW

Did Young and TJ live happily ever after?
Who created the drones?
What happens if they get to the source of the signal?
Did Lieutenant James' tits get bigger?
damn I miss that show, I liked that they tried to go into a more science fiction direction

/cringe

Eli is already a man now. Pretty chaddy at it.

Star Trek discovery 2.0?

Is everything worth watching? I've seen SG-1 (only the series), not sure if I should watch the movies and/or atlantis too.

The original movie is very different from SG1, more of a traditional sci-fi adventure movie, its pretty cool, tbqh.

Atlantis and Universe are very different shows in tone and ambience, but Atlantis has the same creative and weird ideas of SG1 and the characters grow on you, and Universe is a bit cool with the survival elements, but doesn't feel too Stargate.

movie is great
atlantis is like sg-1 but the actors have a lot less chemistry

Guess I'll check out Atlantis. That will take some time to get through. Are the SG-1 movies basically long episodes with higher budget or First Contact-tier bullshit?

There is a SGU comics though I don't like the style.
gateworld.net/news/2017/06/stargate-comics-return-sgu-launching-this-month/

For some reason I've never gotten into Stargate. I've seen Farscape, Babylon 5, Lexx, Space: Above and Beyond, Battlestar Galactica, LotGH, Planetes, all the Star Trek series (except STD I suppose), Red Dwarf and so on. Even pozzloads like Firefly I've endured. Yet I could never make it more than a couple of episodes into Stargate before quitting.

Does it get better? Why does it have such a large following?

It does evolve a lot, it starts as a cheap knockoff the movie, but they get more comfortable with doing their own thing later.

This series-in-a-series' quote actually fits SG pretty well.

FIFY

The point is, they're gonna contradict the original series so much, that it will be possible to just dismiss this new shit as non-canon without having to endure autistic screeching about what is and isn't canon.

Someone should nuke Canada.

universe suffers heavily from the wierd decision to compromise the core concept of the show (a bunch of people trapped on a spaceship they dont understand heading to unknown space with no help or lifeline from home) by giving them the ability to interact with people back on earth in a 1:1 manner as if they were really there, at will, in like episode 2 or something silly.

That's unironically why I stopped watching the show. The entire premise is destroyed by some stupid space cell phone bullshit.

I like the communication stones but they should've added more "downsides" to the tech so it wouldn't be used too much. The shared memories was a good side effect but it was only used twice if I remember correctly.

They should do a story arc where Antifa heroes use the Stargate to bash Trump's head in as a baby and save America.

*CRUNCH*
"That was for freedom…"

Ummm, they were the bad guys and still are sweetie.

CY+3 is off to a dubious start. Daily reminder that shit like this is only canon if we ALLOW it to be canon.

Correct.

You're probably just being a fag to that user, but I'll take this opportunity to remind the men of Holla Forums that any time a feminist calls you "sweetie" or some other false term of affection, it's because you've rustled the living fuck out of them. Any time one of them says something like that, you've won.

Care to elaborate?

The first season is the worst. It gets much better.

Whatever helps you sleep at night sweetie.

So is this a raid or are you just bored?

I never get bored of triggering fragile right wing snowflakes.

Well, have fun with that.

>>>/sudo/

#OWND

Why make a whole show around one episode? We already know what happens, how it ends etc it was perfectly fine for one episode and that episode dragged on forever since it fucking stunk.

Give me more space adventures! Also, Macgyver is the only reason the show was good from the beginning.

Indeed.

I assume they are coming on to me.

Yeah and he's too old now to do anything, plus Canada is pozzed.

In the first comic (aside from it being 3/4 ads for other comics) It's revealed that Eli magically bought himself more time by using the solar collectors to trickle-charge the ship while in FTL. He also looks for another stasis pod bay, only to find The original ship's crew–now waking up. golly gee jeepers