Buy ut2004 hoping it'd be a less dead quake live

Why

because all the things they told you about PC gaming are a lie. Communities die, the user base is very small, and there is no freedom.

Fuck you your a lie

yes yes, pc gaming is good, pc gaming is great, allahu ackbar

try finding a community to play with? Convince friends to play with you? idk there's lots of options

We used to have a UT2004 server occasionally and I think there was a steam group or so that coordinated these. Maybe it's still around.

The game is fun with bots, too.

2004 was 12 years ago. I'm surprised you can fucking buy it anymore.

Why would DM be alive when Quake 3 did it much better?

Well, yes and no.
It's not really a lie, communities on PC do last way longer, mods and customization make games last longer adn so on.

You see it's actually more complex and evil than that, Holla Forums is actually lying to you on who the "PC community" on Holla Forums is.
The "PC community" on Holla Forums isn't the community that played UT, Q3, Tribes, UT2k3/4 and so on.

The "PC community" on Holla Forums is composed of two entities:

-Ex counterstrike kids
-Ex MMORPG players
-WRPG neckbeards that have been rejected by actual WRPG discussion forums back in the day for acting like shitheads
-Ex original Xbox and 360 consolekiddies that made the jump on PC afterwards

Ever asked yourself why Holla Forums doesn't act at all like the community of old arena shooters in terms of beheaviour, mannerisms, and often they don't even remember or recognize common phrases and concept from that era?

Ever asked yourself why Holla Forums parades around WRPGs but almost never actually talks about them, spending all it's time shitposting about shit they don't like instead?

Be prepared for this post to be met with a million "le Holla Forums isn't le one persun XD" and similiar garbage.

This is the ACTUAL lie feeds you every day, the truth isn't that PC gaming is shit, the truth is that Holla Forums never actually was part of the PC community of 90% of the games they proclaim to love.
It's all a lie, they were never part of it, they were always the rejects, always unwanted even in those communities, most of the people on Holla Forums were never actually a part of what made PC gaming great back in the day.

THIS, is where all the aggression and insecurity comes from, this is why the "PC community" here constantly reminds you every single day that they play games on PC and they're oh so great, because deep down they know the truth, they know they were never part of the PC community and never will be.

Quake live is dead?
(I don't play, I don't know about the server statuses.)

Vehicles are fun?
If game has them, why play modes without them?

dumb shit download UT 4 instead, it is free.

I've been part of many communities. I've watched many of them die. I won't deny that I have been "kicked" out of a few, but in every one of those cases the community was dying because of kicking people out.

Communities die because they each themselves and the survivors are worn out and few. Communities thrive when competition and aggression are not grounds for exclusion. The pussification of communities is what ruined them. Time and time again an influx of newfags who don't like the current community culture or particular members corrupt said community mutating it into a horrible caricature of its former self.

Few communities survive unscathed. We are one of the last bastions on the internet faggot.

yea but we're shit at vidya
vidya games as we know them are dead for now
just keep living for 20 years and wait for another boom, or do drugs to make the shitty games feel better

Bastion of what?
Never talking about video games and just shitposting about everything 24/7?
It's easy to be essentially an open sewer where all the rejects and turds from the rest of the internet flush down and collect in one last septic tank, it doesn't exactly take any effort.

tfw when never played Q3 or UT because potato couldn't run it, when it came out.

Furthermore like this user says Holla Forums is FUCKING SHIT at video games.
I can't stress this enough, it's absolutely shit at vidya.

Playing with Holla Forums is openly considered to be a russian roulette with every bullet in it's chamber aside one.
When was the last time you saw Holla Forums organize playing together anything online and witnessed it being succesful and things going smoothly?

At least I'm here so one of us exists. Been playing mainly PC games since 1995, played the shit out of UT'04, FO1 and C&C Red Alert, before that I played lots of DOS games from some "1,000 games on one disc" from Walmart.

Ehh I dunno, I was in several 8ch Holla Forums guilds and they're too tolerant for degenerate shit. You always can count on them having furries, trannies, fags and waifutards and none being ashamed of their mental illnesses.
I wouldn't call that a bastion of anything.

This user is right, play ut4 for deathmatch

I really gotta disagree. Sure, Holla Forums isn't made up for quake-tier pro players but most of the ones I've played with are better than average. Every group I've been part of got shit done because they collectively put their mind to it. We prevail through sheer autism.
It's just that few games really allow you to do anything fun and out of the ordinary as a group. It's all streamlined bullshit now.

It's a mixed bag and depends on who is in charge in the first place. Our Planetside 2 group did well because the leaders culled anyone who acted like a cunt or wasn't part of the community. Meanwhile TF2C died partly because one of the server owners was a massive attentionwhore.

arena gamemodes aren't very satisfactionary in ut2k4, stick to onslaught and assault

for some duel action play ut'99 or even ut4

i haven't played vidya in at the very least 2 years not even lying

I remember when mods cared enough to ban obvious shitposters who wanted to create these kind of platform war bullshit posts

Download open arena. It's basically a quake 3 with all new assets, so it's completely free and there's quite a lot of players, at least in Europe

There's about 10 people playing every Sunday serious sam games from Holla Forums group.

Why would you do that with Unreal Tournament 2016 free and active ?