Post games where you can play as a bottom feeder bounty hunter!

Post games where you can play as a bottom feeder bounty hunter!

don't do this, user.

Are bounty hunters and mercenaries the same thing? If so, there are ton of games where you can play as a mercenary.

technically a mercenary is a soldier loyal to coin
a bounty hunter just finds people with prices on their heads

both are motivated by cash but a bounty hunter isn't a soldier

How could I forget Metal Max series

English version of 2-4 NEVER EVER. Hope you learned Nipponese

all I feel is pain

at least we got Metal Saga on PS2

For the first half, anyhow.

And due to incredibly mixed reception, sadly never saw another one out here.

It's a shame that the series hasn't seen much focus in fan translations aside from MMR being finished and MM2 being in fan-translation hell.

WHERE ARE YA MARSHALL?

BAGGED

AND TAGGED

Don't be a fool Marshall!

Monster hunter should fit the bill. You're the only capable person in a world where everyone is either a helpless villager with too much money or a big-ass animal causing them trouble.

Pretty much anyone has historically been able to take on the role of bounty hunter, finding escaped slaves and bringing them back to their master doesn't take a whole lot of training for example. Mercenaries on the other hand were highly trained professional soldiers whose services were offered at eye-watering rates in a time when most nations didn't have standing armies.

Today we have PMC and nigger warbands but neither really compare to the free companies of the old days.

Good fucking riddance. It's fine as it is.

A sequel would either have been disappointing or shit, especially these days.

I'm playing it right now.

Dylan's Mod
Bloodmod

And you're set to go. I do not recommend the Infamous Fusion mod because the creator is retarded and mashed a few annoying mods together in it.

I wanna work for a mercenary company ;-;

Mountain Blade lets you be a mercenary.

metroid

Sounds like mercenaries had proper contracts while bounty hunters rarely accepter orders from anyone.

I've also heard this rare concept called "Soldier of Fortune" but I don't get how is it any different from mercenary.

I believe that was one of the many american inventions (i.e. the varia suit was actually "barrier" suit but they didn't knew proper japanese, etc). In Japan she'd be more of a mercenary, I guess.
Also, I wish she actually did some proper bounty hunter as in the Jango Fett game OP posted.

good point

She kind of does in metroid 2.
Although in that game it's more wildlife genocide than actually hunting bounties

It also lets you be a bounty hunter as well, since lords will sometimes give quests to find a bandit hidden in a village and kill him. Not to mention any mods that might expand on either profession.

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath