3DS Homebrew/CFW Thread

UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>3.0 or under:
Read here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
>9.0 or under:
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
>9.0-9.2:
Install a CFW of your choice.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>N3DS 10.2-10.3:
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax.
>10.4-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/sbevzu.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/L9ZwQCsz
archive.is/wQ01u
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zqon4/tutorial_having_trouble_with_other_region_cia/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276285-gdrive-mega-style-savvy-fashion-forward-usa-region-free-3dsiso-exclusive.html
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/page-30#post-5532546
fontsup.com/font/sce-ps3-rodin-latin-regular.html
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
youtube.com/watch?v=UutYOidFx3c
3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws#arm9loader
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
mega.co.nz/#F!3x9HyK5S!xQNNG9T7hQgoMeU2W6MCwg
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1(I
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/
mediafire.com/download/v53g9j5fv2oicas/Tetris_Attack_-_CF.cia
mediafire.com/download/cwh588az77gxe4e/Thunder_Spirits.cia
mediafire.com/download/q87ayp3jt4ajknd/Zelda_Parallel_worlds_Remodel.cia
pastebin.com/mCCuMSup
gbatemp.net/threads/mini-vmac-for-3ds.439119/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/.
fo-lens.net/enbu_ap/
storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/custom-di/nswitch.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, and the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation process does have a slight brick risk and requires a downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
the encTitleKeys.bin most commonly used by all is dependent on user submissions. If you have a title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added. You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump, but the site doesn't take these.
You can encrypt your decTitleKeys.bin using titlekey encrypt (file) in the options. This will make it usable for everyone.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/sbevzu.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
BootNTR for 11.0: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/L9ZwQCsz
Last Thread: archive.is/wQ01u

Freeshop 2.0 enctitlekeys qr code included for anyone updating.

Anyone got a link Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced cia for GBA?

I looked on 3DSISO and shit, only 1 match and it's just a request. Fuck.

If it's for GBA VC, you have to do your own inject.

freeshop updated
no longer crashes after installing DLC

Arm9loaderhax is getting even easier to install,
the plailcet guide will updated Soon(tm) with the new method with no second downgrade.

Anyone still using menuhax, I strongly recommend switching when the guide is updated for greater protection from bricks and future nintendo updates.

Why would al9h be safer from future updates? For the other method sysnand stays at 9.2 forever, so even if you fuck your emunand with a bad update you have a fallback.

Is there something I'm missing?

with A9LH if you softbrick your nand you can load up a tool to restore a backup beforehand, and FIRM write protect ensures that no update can overwrite the A9LH FIRM0.

a9lh replace your sysNAND with emuNAND permanently, so your sysNAND works exactly like emuNAND. A9LH also can access your DS before the system, so if you somehow brick it, you can just restore your previous emuNAND and have your shit back.

Based on the way a9lh works, you have access to the console before it boots, allowing you to run code that completely negates anything that Nintendo can do.

While your sysnand stays on 9.2 forever, it can become fragmented or corrupted, and if that happens the only fix is recovery mode.

I don't think fragmentation is a serious issue if you choose not to inject FBI on your Sysnand, or do it with Universal Inject Generator instead of rx/gateway but if you want to do GBA Injections on emunand then you're taking that risk. I don't know what would corrupt a sysnand though.

I installed freeshop, but some titles I've previously installed don't show up to for me to update them.

either they don't have updates or you're not looking at the installed list.

Right now it only lets you do that for titles that have the TitleKeys for both the game itself and their DLC on the FreeShop as far as I can tell. One of the Issues posted to the Github addresses it, so it might get fixed later.

Did you install said titles separately through .cias and the like rather than from the Free Shop itself? If so the above probably applies.

Yea, this somewhat answered my concern.

I loaded freeshop again and someone of the titles that were missing showed up.
For example, i checked the title ID of one that didn't show up and checked if it was on 3ds.titlekeys and it was. It showed up when i loaded freeshop again.
Then I looked for another title's serial ID i had installed and only the EU version of the base game and the US version of the DLC had their titlekeys available. I had the US version of the base game with the DLC already installed as well, but it still didn't show up in the installed list.

how does the firm0/1 protection work? i've seen people complaining that other programs can accidentally overwrite it when doing formats.

FIRM0/1 is included in your NAND, so installing a9lh 'corrupts' your FIRM0/1, you your future dumps will have A9LH built into them by default. When you first install A9LH you want to go back to your previous version, but you don't want to restore the FIRM0/1 from your original emunand dump because they're correct, so you do a (keep a9lh) restore. From then on out when you make a backup your 11.0 sysnand backups will have the incorrect FIRM0/FIRM1 and let you restore them as normal. It's similar in concept to BootMii on the wii, I think.

FIRM0/FIRM1 protection is on a software level though, it makes it so that it's read-only after boot so you can't lose it by update or otherwise.

Not relevant to 3ds but has anything new happened in wiiu homebrew scene or is it still dead as doorknobs?

still very dead, SALT is supposed to release IOSU soon but nobody knows when or if that's actually going to happen, other than Hykem leaving his note for people nothing's happened.

So dead in the water till someone else leaks it or makes it. Ah well. I just want to pirate DLC for shit man.

you can get smash I think, and you can do some weird thing to get MK8's for loadiine.

I tried to run an old homebrew launcher cia in luma emu and it just froze to a black screen.

luma shouldn't affect you loading homebrew launcher at all, check your .3dsx and check your .cia, the last version of it is 1.1.

I think it's that since I updated my emunand, it needs a new payload so it downloads it.
And I assume the payload it downloads directs it to boot.3dsx which i use for luma rather than brew.3dsx where I have the old hb launcher. The payload works since it goes through all the text and colors and hangs at black.
The payload isn't written/kept on the SD after being downloaded, so I downloaded the otherapp payload from smealums site, renamed it appropriately and edited to direct to brew.3dsx. When I tried running it, it crashed to system menu and gave error: system needs to restart.

I'm probably doing something wrong.

anyway I can tell exactly how much charge my 3ds has? Those four bars really aren't cutting it for me.

misquoted

Can you guys recommend me some good Nintendo DS games?

new guide is out: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky is supposed to be good, though I've only played Red and Darkness, Radiant Historia is supposed to be pretty good, a lot of Final Fantasy remakes for it with extra stuff, it's got a good port of Chrono Trigger too.

there's a thread on recommendation charts, check it out.

I'll .7z my games on my flash cart too and put it on volafile for anyone who wants it.

ah man, I want a new 3ds just to try out the new processes and jack off to how short it is

the world ends with you
radiant historia
advance wars series
megaman starforce series
Mystery dungeon series
the urbz sims in the city
zelda games.

Super Robot Wars W, K, and L.
Fire Emblems 11 and 12.
Sekaiju no MeiQ 1, 2, and 3.
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Radiant Historia
Shining Force Feather
Estpolis

Also Rune Factory 3

Anyone still using Menuhax+Emunand should follow this guide to get to a9lh. Easy, fast, and clean as fuck. The time has come.

The 2.1.0 downgrade is no longer an excuse

nah fuck off m8

looks like there's only one chained payload this time around. I guess that means I ought to remove the other two, if hourglass9 sufficiently replaces them.

Anons like you should be relentlessly bullied.

Agreed.

REMOVE EMUNAND

Emunand9 isn't very useful anymore, Decrypt9 can still be useful I suppose, I'm gonna keep it for now. Hourglass9 should def be kept.

decrypt9 does everything emunand9 and hourglass9 can do except formatting SD cards in emunand9, and decrypt9 can be used to do other stuff like dump carts or decrypt games, and dump GBA VC saves now. Hourglass9 is a nand dump/restore tool to keep retards from bricking their 3DS.

not much use for emunand9's sd format if you're an a9lh patrician. Time for removal.

Can someone summarize the new process?

Using the new features of Decrypt9WIP you just flash a premade 2.1.0 backup onto your 3ds, to get your OTP, install a9lh, and install Luma all in one fell swoop.

largely the same, downgrading to 2.1.0 doesn't use plaisys now

HOLY CRAP
Now I can actually cash faggots into CFW with little to no risk or time.

So wait, is booting DS ROMS from SD possible yet? Been out for awhile.

No, it's still not possible but we just got the ability to access SD from DS mode so it's on the way.

You still have to do the 9.2.0 downgrade though if they are above it.

It also appears there's a way to downgrade from 11.0 without a hard mod, it just requires a 3ds that already has CFW.

that's not very new at all, and it's included with a link in the OP.

That's unfortunate. It's the step that always messes up for me.

Maybe. Accessing files on the 3DS SD card is not the same as loading them as a ROM. I'm hopeful though, my old Gateway card is being wonky.

It needs you to buy a particular DSiWare game too.

never noticed that it says pirated copies will not work. does that count if I download via freeshop? The game would be identical to a valid one

the ticket will be invalid if you don't buy it, and it won't transfer correctly, you must buy fieldrunners.

i know it's pirating, what I don't know/understand is why the ticket is invalid when it has been downloaded from Nintendo's servers

It's someone elses ticket. If it doesn't match your own, then it becomes invalid. I think sysNAND checks that,emuNAND don't hence why it would fail if you transfer to a console without CFW
I might be talking out of my ass, but I think that's how it works.

Nintendo uses the same title key for all downloads, but it won't have a correct signature if you download it with freeshop. I'm not sure on the exact details but it's some shit to do with NNID I'm sure, regardless, the only time you can use an installed CIA on any console without cfw is 'legit' cia you get preinstalled off of special 3ds bundles.

Will I have to reinstall all my games?
How fast and easy? Are there vids to show how easy it is?
How different is it to use sysnand cfw on latest firm?

I don't mind waiting a couple of seconds to get into emu, it's fine.

that satisfies my question. thanks user

maybe
playsys, which downgrades 9.2, is unstable and works best with a fresh/formated system in my experience. If you can get past that with out for mating then you can get an emunand with all your games that you'll eventually transfer back into sysnand.

not very fast, making and transfering the nands will take time. Shouldn't take more than a day. A weekend if you fuck up or take your time.

no noticeable/major difference

If you restore a backup of your current emunand, then yes! You will keep all your gaems. If you have your NNID linked to your sysnand then you will have to re-link it to your emu I believe though.

Considering how many backups and restores have been cut out of the process, the 4-5 hour process (if done slowly step by step) is probably closer to 2 at max. I don't know of any videos yet, since the guide was JUST updated.

CFW sysnand is almost identical to an unmodded 3ds. To the untrained eye they could not tell the difference. Bootrate is 100%, and you can access tools at boot if you need to restore or make backups. No need to go through homebrewmenu to access decrypt9. And finally, GBA injects and DSI will work without having to install to both emu and sysnand, allowing you to use them without risking fragmentation and bricking of your 3ds.

No
About 4-5 hours if you're being careful.
Small differences, you just don't need to go through the HBL to enter emuNAND, you only need to install VC titles once, etc.
I used to think like that as well. I still believe is not that much, but it wasn't a 100% boot rate so sometimes you had to shut down the 3DSand try again if it hanged in the yellow screen.
Once you install it you really won't be disappointing, and it totally worth it.

you don't have to reinstall your games. Videos can't be updated as quickly so typically they're not adviced. It's not very different at all, just faster and easier for GBA VC and other stuff.

It's more about the 100% instead of getting stuck on a red screen.

Thank god. I was having trouble going from rxTools to Luma before, but following the new version of the guide has fixed shit for me. Time to go play Style Savvy.

Is style savvy good or something? seen a lot of anons talking about it.

Yes. It's a little like Recettear but with dress-up instead of dungeon crawling.
Don't buy it, though, and play the Japanese version (which is called Girls Mode) if you can read moon. The Western versions have several characters blackwashed.

It's surprisingly fun for a dress up game. You run a clothing shop and sell expensive shit to girls while also being a fashion designer and dressing models for the runway. Newest one lets you create your own designs and be a model yourself, along with being a hair and makeup stylist. Only drawback is if you want to play in English, the US/Euro releases have half the cast changed to niggers.

I wanna fuck that celestial body.

huh. I'll give it a try then. I cant seem to find it on freeshop though.

bootanim9 looks like fun, are there any sites for boot animations like 3dsthem.es for themes? The only good one in the thread is the konosuba one.

Can confirm. I have a physical copy of the Nipponese version (before 9.2 downgrading was a thing) and it's fun

Pretty fucking nice
About your question, just do it yourself.

Oh and speaking of it does anyone have the update .cia? Only link I can find is dead.

I'm doing that too, but I was hoping I could minimize the work involved. Oh well.

If boot splash screens are relatively new with little splash screens, then there will be even less animated splash screens.

I know this is 3DS focused, but I have a question for anyone who successfully exploited their wii u.

My system started scratching off the top side label of my discs around the center hole for some reason, and my warranty is well over. So I can't really send it in without paying a fee, and I'm definitely not going to repurchase them digitally. So I figured it would be easier to get custom firmware or whatever running on it.

But I don't really know what the risks are, or where to find Wii u games. Has Nintendo banned anyone for doing this yet? Is it too dangerous to risk the whole system just to play backups?

You don't actually install anything for the wii u stuff, it's like running the homebrew launcher on the 3ds except you can play rips in it directly. If you can get a repair then I'd go for that first, because real CFW won't come until IOSU gets released and the kernel exploit works fine on the latest version. You can't play online with pirated copies at all, so no one has been banned, and you don't risk anything.

I see, thanks for the info.

I guess I'll just have to weigh my options.

Also, how do you have your console positioned, having it the wrong way can fuck up the discs.

I've always had it vertical, I never had any issues with it until yesterday. Which it was moved into another room and was set horizontally.

A few hours ago I popped in a few unscratched discs to test it on both positions. It seems to be doing it either way, as I noticed light marks in the same spots for everything I put in and played for about 10-20 minutes.

I was trying to play Federation Force online with my 3DS with Luma, but every time I click on online it tells me to go to Internet Settings > Other information > User Agreement and to accept it

However once I get there there's no option accept the user agreement
the fuck do I do?

Online works for Monster Hunter, I tested it

You've installed the wrong region to your system, like us to an eu system or whatever. reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zqon4/tutorial_having_trouble_with_other_region_cia/

Thread died, how do i get updates for my cartridges with freeshop?

You can't right now. Freeshop only work with titlekeys, and cartridges lack those. The guy doing it is working on a solution, I think.

ah fug
thank

Eh, have to type shit manually in ciangel then.

What are the best emulators for the new3DS?

virtual console

I switched to Luma from rxtools, what did I get?
Also is there any way to screen capture videos on the o3DS?

Is piracy via homebrew as easy on the vita as it is on the 3ds?

ntr.
Read the description of luna3ds on GitHub or the cfw thread on gbatemp.

Hoooly shit I just tried the new Plailect guide when setting up my mum's N3DS and it's way smoother. Maybe it'll convince her to make more use of it.

I don't believe so. Vita is kinda poor for hacking.

Time to get our fashions on girls.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276285-gdrive-mega-style-savvy-fashion-forward-usa-region-free-3dsiso-exclusive.html

Have fun.And post your character in the Style Savvy thread.

Just finsihed doing the ultra long old way of hacking, the new one cameout while I was in the middle of doing it! I'm trying to download animal crossing new leaf but it's getting an error, I would guess it's just because it's disconnecting and stuff. I really wish nintendo put N wifi in the 3ds so it wouldn't take so long.

funkey is probably faster if you can get it to work.
i tried twice and the .cia never properly compiled. something about the executable linked in the gbatemp thread not working.

Is there a guide on making a GBA CIA? There's certain romhacks I can't find anywhere.

I saved my shitty tutorial from the last thread. Maybe we could get this in the op somewhere.

1) Get a .gba rom (obviously)

2) Download "3DS Simple GBA Converter" and "3DS GBA Footer Generator" from gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

(They might set off virus scanners. Just add an exception to whatever folder you put it in.)

3) Download the PSD files for the custom banners from gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/page-30#post-5532546

(You may need a font. You can get it here fontsup.com/font/sce-ps3-rodin-latin-regular.html

4) Run through the programs. (they're pretty self explanatory.

Thank you.

Anyone know the FW version on that Super Mario 3D Land n3DS? I wanna know if it's hackable.

I'm trying to do that with the Moemon included in the Vola and it isn't working. Oh, well, I'll just play om my phone.

Which moemon? I got a cia of firered moemon hack if you want it

Sigma Emerald. The rom and the .cia I did are in the vola,if you're interested.

What's the difference between Sigma Emerald 1 and 2?

What's the vola link?

They're the same room but I tried injecting a diferent footer to see if that was the problem. Also, have the icons and banners.

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Ah, fair enough

Starting a9lh installation after holding off so long on EmuNAND. Wish me luck!

some people are saying 10.7, may be 11.0.

There is no way the actual wasn't in the complete opposite direction so I'm saving this image as alicegetstreehoused.jpg

The original one is obviously the other way around, but this one is comfier. Degeneration is wrongFuck ShindoL

You're welcome to like whatever you like, but the fact that this level of rewriting is basically what you can expect as the norm out of Western localizations of video games is fucked up.

Nothing, unless you install al9h.

Hacking a Vita gives you same abilities as a PSP does; that is, PSP piracy and emulators. Vita piracy is impossible. Proprietary memory cards have yet to be beat.

Good luck m8.

nah, you get Flashcart unblocking and automatic AGB_FIRM patching, region emulation for out-of-region DLC, and now external code.bin loading even if you're on emunand. The one Vita game has been decrypted, Tokyo Xanadu, so people are hoping more is on the way but the guy who did it hasn't released how he did it.

Is there a place I can read up on Vita hacking?
More to the point, is it worth getting one?

If you can read Japanese, absolutely.

only acceptable format? I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a patched super mario advanced 4 that is .gba
maybe a regular emulator will run it though

maybe when vita hacking blows up we'll get thread like these.
If that ever happens.

download the .ips for the super mario advance 4 ereader stuff and patch it yourself.

Don't get me wrong, you're also welcome to like whatever you want. I like gyarus, personally. But degeneration is fucking wrong nonetheless.

It's a weebo machine, so if you can read japanese you should get one. Western catalog is not even half the Japanese catalog. Still, having no piracy. Just wait, someone will eventually break it.

Alright so I've successfully installed a9lh and have my emuNAND backup applied to my sysNAND.

My emuNAND is at 10.6, so I take it I can just update to 11.0 even though its on sysNAND now since I have the hax?

Also if new updates come out do I need to hold off initially or can I update as I please now?

Yes I'm asking to be spoonfed, please enjoy this picture as repayment

done
wish I could get it added to the rest of the gba .cias in the mega

yep, you can update to v11
i think holding back is only necessary if you have a flash card.

I'm not going to get into an argument on fetishes, I just wanted to make a commentary on how relevant the image was to video games.

God damn it, this again.

Yes, you can. But I would hold on new updates until anons says it's safe.

Then I was the one that got you wrong. Sorry, user.

technically speaking you should be protected from any and all updates because of your CFW blocking A9LH from being overwritten (and for the fact I don't think any update has ever overwritten a FIRM0), but if you don't feel safe then you can wait for someone else to tell you when an update comes out.

Thanks Anons

It's understandable, we're immersed in a culture of conflict and argument so it's natural to assume anyone who's not outright agreeing with you to be opposing you might've helped in retrospect if I'd capitalized "Treehoused" but eh

Okay, shit's broke… I tried to install freeshop via DevMenu that I injected into the H&S app, but somehow it reverted to the regular H&S app, so I redid the whole install process for it but the app is still regular H&S… What gives?

keep trying to inject devmenu
try fbi if the problem persists.

I would recommend injecting FBI first with universal inject generator, and then install devmenu and fbi.cia

Ok, shit just plain ain't working. I can't inject to the emuNAND H&S because no usable file, ever…. my sysNAND H&S is outright GONE, and I'm not sure the FBI inject would work regardless since the file is larger than the original H&S app.

Try with an hs.app backup. You should had just installed FBI and DevMenu .cia.
Also, you can try with a previous emuNAND that had a working H&S.

Universal Inject Generator works fine with FBI 2.x. You have to use a .app inject, so you have to dump hs.app first and inject it in that on your PC. if you have absolutely no H&S on your sysnand you definitely fucked something up and you should restore a sysnand or HS dump.

of course it'll be bigger than the original app
I don't think that was a deterrence for anybody.

Crisis averted, FBI installed, freeshop installed, seas being sailed now.

I remember hearing that the injects wouldn't work if the resulting file was bigger than the original hs.app, but I seem to have caught a case of the stupid there.

we all do from time to time
it happens

Is Federation Force even worth getting?

I suppose I should beat Kirby Robobot and get farther in MHGen before looking for a new game though.

Not to mention beat LBX, Yo Kai Watch, Tales of the Abyss, Fantasy Life, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and some others.

My backlog is so retarded I swear I have ADD. Any decent games I'm missing? I have more than what I've listed but those are just the ones I want to beat.

Rune Factory 4

You should pirate Yo-Kai Watch 2-3, they're in japanese but with a guide for the fucking retarded Q signs you'll be able to handle it.

got a n3ds? try out snake eater
since it supported the circle pad pro it'll support the nipple

i'll put my .cia of super mario advance 4 onto the vola if anybody becomes interested.

I just got A9LH working, how can I download the DLC of games like Smash? I've already got some CIAs running, but I'm not doing anything with the DLCs because I'm afraid of a brick.

the new version of freeshop automatically downloads dlc

Awesome, thanks.

oh fug
my .cia doesn't work
says saved data is corrupt

fixed it

spoke to soon

How good would this game be for muh mum? she likes fashion and all that, used to play with paper dolls cutting and painting dresses and outfits on them as a child. Just wondering if it's easy to get a hang on and not all that convoluted.

Serious question, how did Nintendo patch the OTP expose bug, and why couldn't A9LH also do it?

So, I have a question. When it comes to AL9Hax, does it basically involve just putting my emuNAND where the sysNAND is? I keep my FC and NNID and all that? Of course I'll need to back it up naturally, that's a given.

Yes. The guide covers how to transfer your old emuNAND to your sysNAND once you have al9h installed.

Cool, I'll get to it eventually. Maybe when I get something other than a broken netbook running XP.

So both of my 3ds are v11.0.0-33u. From what the hardmod guide says i need to solder it on, which i have no idea how to do. Is there any way I can downgrade if i can?. I am pretty new to this and all I want to do is to edit my Pokemon save files. sorry if i missed something or don't make any sense, this was a bit confusing for me

Two questions, how do you exactly get the otp for your 3ds? do you just follow the guide, get the n3ds to 2.1 and you'll just have it or am I missing something. Also do I need the torrent or can I just dl everything seperately?

tried some things, thought I finally got it to somewhat work
no music until smb3 select screen
file 1 had a graphical glitch
selecting any file to play on resulted in corrupting the save data

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info

Aside from the hardmod, the only other way to downgrade involves doing a system transfer from an already hacked 3ds.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

Also, I noticed the OP still mentions "part 4 and 5" of the guide even though the new guide only has 3 parts. Can we get that changed for the next thread?

i guess i am screwed then

The guide wasn't updated till after this thread started.

A convoluted game of a similar thing made by the same devs is Girl's Fashion Shoot. There's a fuckton of menus but if she likes getting really creative (you model, fashion, makeup, occasionally nail art, all to make magazine pages) go for that.

Style Savvy Trendsetters has male fashion. The newest Style Savvy does not.

or just read the whole guide in its entirety before you do anything like you're supposed to

find someone with a hacked 3ds

Actually wait, if you have the patience and autism just watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=UutYOidFx3c

The OTP will be obtained through the SafeA9LHInstaller, which needs to be run on 2.1.0 because in that version, the OTP is left exposed. In 3.x onwards they disable access to the OTP well before you can get code execution to retrieve it.

Also I just download the files by hand, using Mega for the downgrade sets and the like.

That doesn't answer my question. The OTP disabling supposedly happens before even A9LH is executed, and it has to be in a writeable region as Nintendo were able to fix it. What I'm getting at is, what's stopping Nintendo from patching that bug The A9LH payload injection bug is in the read-only bootrom so that's safe.

Whoops. Thought it happened in the last thread. My b.

I already have the guide updated for next thread, but the new guide didn't come out for a few hours after.

From 2.0 to 3.0 an assload of memory registers changed, some serious backend stuff. That's not anything to do with FIRM0 though, that's just the register to access it after boot. This is also the main reason that no CFW has 2.1 support. as for 'why couldn't A9LH do it' I don't really know what you mean.

the OTP is fixable but only with a new hardware revision, as stated it's a one-time programmable keyfile that your system uses to decrypt FIRM0/FIRM1(?). From my understanding, if you have the OTP you can change the Firms and then have it decrypt into garbage and jump to your payload on the SD.

I have a rough idea of what the OTP is, but the question is, the rough boot order is this:
However later they added OTP blocking, and it happens between the two, so what's stopping them from also patching the A9LH execution bug?

Maybe I need to rewatch the talk, there's something I'm missing.

If I recall correctly the reason why you can't just remove the OTP disabling is the exact reason why the OTP is needed. Since the piece of code runs way early in boot it's simple to assume that it must happen in FIRM0 or FIRM1. Both FIRM0 and FIRM1 are signed so the system gets upset if either are unsigned aka modified.

Thanks, I'll check it out, Fashion Forward it is, first have to get her interested with something she thinks she could handle and have a little fun with.

I'm half talking out of my ass based off of my limited technical understanding, you probably want to see the 32c3 talk again, check out 3dbrew's page: 3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_System_Flaws#arm9loader or go to the technical info link in the OP.

Fashion Forward technically does have male fashion but you only unlock it after beating the game and you don't actually sell the clothes, you just pick what each character wears.

Anyone have a 100% Senran Kagura Burst US savefile? I remember some anons uploaded one months ago. I really liked Senran Kagura, but the gameplay is really repetitive, so I'll just finish the main story and then install the 100% file.

can an user with experience with gba vc injection help me out with this corrupt save data business?

Neat, apparently Rhythm Heaven Megamix just needs language emulation for USA EN to work when installed through Freeshop/CIAngel.

Yeah I should probably just rewatch the talk even if it's a bit old.

Some cool new info, FBI can escalate privileges now so we may get to see NAND dumping after boot, or even direct dump and install from carts.

I'd recommend Trendsetters tbh, there's no real time clock so what you're doing is trying to gain the most golden powder gained from doing well to fill a jar and unlock shit at the end of every in-game day. There's also a rival, I guess. From what I remember of Girl's Mode 3, it brings back the real time clock which in the original game kind of just meant a lot of dead hours depending on what time you played.

Fucking shit. Is there at least a decent amount of men's clothes? Is it all unlocked at once since you can't sell it? Is there a male "doll" to practice my creative hideous abominations on (as in, basically what the japanese update would have done for Trendsetters)?

user, if you're still here I took a crack at turning Moemon Fire Red Omega into a CIA. It's on the vola.

So I downloaded the latest retroarch nighly but where am I supposed to stick my neogeo core? I tried sticking it with my roms and I tried loading it by itself. Also what am I supposed to do to get Mame working? It wants me to select something from the home screen. I just want to play some simpsons arcade and garou

speaking of injects, I tried to make a SMW call of cthululu SNES inject but I fucked up some part, think you can give it a shot?

I don't have a New 3DS so I wouldn't be able to test it.

fug

how do i get back my old .sav saves? i used to use a gateway and now i have luma

you have to do some conversion process but .sav files are encrypted by gateway so if you don't have your gateway cards you're SOL.

i still have them, but i don't think they'll work now with luma, right?

no, you'll need to load gateway up to convert them as far as I know. If you're using A9LH there's an arm9loaderhax.bin file and you can get a 4.1b launcher.dat on 3dsiso/3dschaos. You can look a guide up for the conversion process, because I don't really know the details.

If you want some pokemon, i can trade with you

Umm, I think you can edit your save with JKSV. gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/ You can use this with the Home Brew Launcher. HBL works with 11.0.
smealum.github.io/3ds/

Tell me about this "SaveDataFiler" I need for PKHeX.

Not in the least.

Super Robot Wars UX and BX
Lost Heroes 1 and 2
Sekaiju no MeiQ 4 and 5
7th Dragon III code: VFD
Monster Hunter 3G, 4G, and X
Gyakuten Saiban 5 and 6
Rune Factory 4
Bravely Default and Second
Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2
Project X Zone 1 and 2

SMT 4 FINAL is supposed to be good but haven't played it yet.

Hello there you delicious shitwaffles, have some Snes injects.

mega.co.nz/#F!3x9HyK5S!xQNNG9T7hQgoMeU2W6MCwg

the 3ds has such a shallow library, I've played most all of those, now I'm out of games.

It's a great emulation machine though.

Did you 100% them?

no, not yet. I usually stop once I get through the main quest, monster hunter and fighting games excluded of course.

can it emulate super nintendo? I tried playing kirbiys dreamland 3 on the ds and it was laggy as fuck.

Get an injection, it runs it natively.

Im a fucking retard

fixed my .cia
if anybody wants Super Mario Advance 4 with all e-reader levels check the share thread vola

Has the cia for the Ace Attorney 6 demo been uploaded yet?

So, a few months ago I used these two guides
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki (was emuNAND, not reiNAND when i used it)
and
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1(I did not use crtmanager, i just stuck with the cakes launcher)
Now that went all fine and dandy, but the thing is it keeps being an ass and crashing on starting it up
Now im sure there is some better programs out there now that would enchance my experience, but the thing is i dont really know how to do it
Could i just install some better programs just like that, or would i have to do a few more things to get it working?

figure this is as close as i'll get to a flashcart thread, any good flashcarts for ds? i want to make sure im buying quality

there's one in the op

those nands aren't linked, are they? If they aren't I think you can go ahead and proceed with the guide and downgrade your emunand to 2.1.0
don't forget to back up your nands first though.

A man can dream.

Forgive me for just coming into the thread and dropping my question but as I have above 11.0 I assume it will be some time before I can softmod my system but there's a concern I want to address.

Are you able to freely handle game saves? I have like 30 hours built up from Final Fantasy Theatrhythm I borrowed, would I be able to transfer or somehow convert that data without Nintnedo's bullshit if I had another jailbroken system? Also overall is there overall much difference to how save data is handled compared to my use of a flash cart on my DS?

Sorry, I'm just pretty dumb about this or much of anything and I'm slow to pick things up myself.

You can backup and restore saves with a save manager. If your save is on the 11.0 system then you might have a problem, because unless you break out the soldering iron the only other way to downgrade involves system transferring and wiping your 11.0 system

Yup, they are unlinked
Where would I start in the guide?

What needs to happen in order to put these on the system? Because there are tons of games that I'd like in that list!

I think it'd be safest for you to continue with the old guide
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

Oh, i see it now, how that part fits in to where i am
Thanks!

no problem
if reinstalling your games is no issue I think it might be a good idea to format sysnand and set up a new emunand. Then you get to use the newer method for the 2.1.0 downgrade.

Anyone know how to generate QR codes for downloading games through FBI, like that one QR the MonHun threads use for MH Gen?

from my understanding that functions by turning the url to the .cia into a qr code

Has anyone figured out how to stream with sound? I got the splitter but I still can't hear any audio from the 3ds.

Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite and only has one jack.

Follow the new plailcet guide if you want to save your games just use hourglass9 to inject your emunand into it when you get a9lh setup, then make a backup of that so you have a backup with a9lh incase something goes wrong in the future. Much easier, and faster since yesterday's update, you chose a good time to come back.

As I said here it is faster and safer just to follow the new guide and use a emunand backup. For future reference refer people to it as it is safer than doing the 2.1.0 downgrade.

Doubling on this, not going to the eshop for it.

You can already back up your save games to your PC with JKSV. You just need access to the Home Brew Launcher. gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/ and smealum.github.io/3ds/ Browserhax and Menuhax works on 11.0.

I just got done with Plailect's guide for installing Luma. Are there any additional steps to take to play roms? I tried installing LttP and Super Metroid from but neither of them would play after FBI installed the cia files.

o3ds or n3ds? o3ds can never play snes injects something about lacking the hardware for it. GBA, NES, 3d Genesis, and Gameboy injects should all just work from installing the cia, on o3ds and new

That's my problem. Thanks for the quick answer.

Nevermind, I finally got the audio to work (I'm not sure if it's the correct way or not tho)

go to 3ds.titlekeys.com and click on a title and you can generate a qr.

you can use blargsnes but it just won't run as well or as accurate as vc.

read the guide in OP.

Does that QR automatically download it or just add the titlekey to your list and still require you to go to FreeShop?

it automatically downloads it in FBI. there's a QR for freeshop that downloads the enctitlekeys but if you click on a title it'll download just that in FBI.

I just read through all three posts of the OP and didn't read anything on GBA games. Did I miss something?

yeah, installing a9lh makes your system capable of installing gba vcs

Nice, thanks

you can't install anything unless your 3ds is modded. If you mean for GBA you have to install it on both sysnand and emunand or install a9lh.

Okay so all I need to do if I do have a9lh is to just put them on an sd card and read them in fbi I assume?

yep

Fantastic. Is this the same thing for GBA games as well?

of course

Where would I find GBA Games?

pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
I've noticed that there have also been some uploads on the share thread vola

I would put it there but there's just not enough space without making a fourth post. I would include it with a pastebin, I guess. Bonus points if you did more than GBA.

Well now that the Plailcet guide has been updated to remove the need for red/emunand, we can start trimming stuff about red/emunand out of the OP post. If people are so stubborn to stay on emunand, then let them get left behind.

Check 3dsiso for a mega folder of color-corrected GBA games.

People interested in making their own GBA CIAs might want to glance at this thread so you color-correct them:
gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/

Not bad

Here are a few cias that I didn't see in your list.
mediafire.com/download/v53g9j5fv2oicas/Tetris_Attack_-_CF.cia
mediafire.com/download/cwh588az77gxe4e/Thunder_Spirits.cia
mediafire.com/download/q87ayp3jt4ajknd/Zelda_Parallel_worlds_Remodel.cia

Anybody grab that Mario New 3DS bundle yet?

Superior breakfast in every way

Dare I order a new DS card? My old one is being a wonky piece of shit and I don't really want to be left without DS games until/if they get flashcardless DS games.

The definition should remain just because emuNAND/redNAND is so well established, and we literally only got easy A9LH a couple of days ago.

I'd only buy a 11.0 system and downgrade game if it came in pearly pink. N3DS comes in such drab colours.

Another problem, or rather just being nervous, is about my NNID
Not that it is that much of an importance, but if i follow this guide, is there a way to keep my NNID?
Currently its set to the emuNAND, and I guess i should get it over to the sysNAND
Is there an app that makes it possible to transfer things like that? My emuNAND is on 11.0.0 and my sysNAND is on 9.2.0, if that is of any importance or help

Yes, you can extract the NNID bin from your NAND and stick it into the new NAND, use Decrypt9

this doesn't really work completely as far as I know.

make a nand backup, format your emunand, and make a new nnid just for fieldrunners to transfer because otherwise you have to wait a week to transfer back (and also you just can't if it's to a new 3ds).

The new guide has a section about transferring your old emuNAND into sysNAND after al9h is installed. You will keep your NNID.

Oh, now that is pretty nice, thank you for the info

and thank you two for the suggestions

Already asked earlier in the thread but does anyone have the .cia for the new Ace Attorney's demo?

Do I need to set up an NNID for multiplayer?

I know I've bitched about this in several threads, but the fucking video error in Picodrive is irritating. For reference, open up Sonic 3 Complete in it and you'll see right away.

I just want to play MD games decently. Injects are shit for them.

so I just started to homebrew my brother's 3ds (o3ds v9.5) and its my first time with the new guide
I have a new SD card my bro bought fo the homebrewing, but I keep getting the "Failed to create theme management information" even though I formated the SD card.
what does that mean and what should I do?
Should I just continue with the next step?

You're trying to install menuhax right?
Try opening the theme options, you might not have initialized it

Do what that user said
open theme options
select a different one just to be sure

thats where I get the error message
I cant get into the theme menu

formated the SD card to FAT32?

yeah, just formated again to make sure
still the same message

try going to data management and deleting the themes/

found nothing to delete
but going there did something to my sd card
i can now access the theme menu

Thanks user

After testing the new method on my o3ds I noted a few things that are irrelevant in the op now.

1) Since you no longer need to use emunand to get to a9lh, it is almost completely irrelevant, but I agree, we should keep the definition.

2) As an extention of the above, switching to luma from rxtools/reinand/whatever else is part of the guide and done if directions are followed.

3) The firmware guides in the first post should be corrected to include the Decrypt9 browser method for firmwares with a browser below 9.2.0, and how to identify applicable firmwares that have browsers (i.e. firmware doesn't end with -0U).

New method takes ~1hr 30 min without >9.2.0 downgrade.

I want to keep the definition because it gets referred to by both names and that confuses people about what the differences are.

switching is included as part of the guide but for people content with their emunand setup running rxtools it's a simpler description than 'install arm9loaderhax' which some people are hesitant to do by default.

I have that added in already with a link to Part 1 of the guide, I can add the browser bit. work in progress on the new OP is here: pastebin.com/mCCuMSup

let me know what you think.

Looks pretty good op.

Last comment I have is that under the a9lh definition, the brick risk is much much smaller now as its just flashing a premade NAND, rather than each file individually.

We need to try and remove the stigma around the 2.1.0 downgrade as it is 20x safer than the initial 9.2.0 downgrade now.

Up to you though I guess.

that's a valid point, I'll change that up for next time.

I don't get the part1 of the new guide. How the fuck I'm supposed to install Decrypt9 now? It does involve downgrade or ssomething? It says "From" and "To".. I really don't get it.

if you're >9.2 then you need to downgrade, if you're 9.2 or under at all you just have to launch decrypt9 through homebrew launcher (for 9.x), MSET (4.x/6.x) or browser (Anything 9.x or lower with a browser).

Also, off-topic, but does anyone know how to properly set up an emunand on the wii? I want to install some wiiware/VC but there's not enough NAND space and I can't find shit on how to actually do it right.

gbatemp.net/threads/mini-vmac-for-3ds.439119/
Anyone seen this yet?

But seriously though, thats pretty cool, reminds me of when someone got win 95 running on a psp.

can't move your installs into the sd card?

You can but I have usbloadergx autoload and in order to load wiiware off the SD you have to be on the home menu and load it into system memory first.

I don't understand. What did it do?

Also got 95 for 3DS as well. Be great if they ever became usable.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

That said I don't know what it means either.

There is a way to boot into an EmuNAND and install as many WiiWare and VC as you want to.
Let me explain a few terms:
Sneek: Original software to boot an EmuNAND. Boots from SD card.
Uneek: Same as Sneek, but boots from USB.
S/Uneek+DI: Can additionally mount ISOs.
neek2o: Unofficial continuation. You'll want to use this.

You can use ModMii, a Windows tool, to create the EmuNAND and generate the Sneek version you want to use.

According to an user in the Vita thread you can only downgrade a Japanese 11.0 3DS with a hardmod because the only DSiWare title you could've done it with (Legends of Exidia) isn't on the eShop anymore. The Plailect guide agrees, it might be worth pointing this out in new threads.

That ultimate GBA injector is useful as fuck. Finally have Touhou Puppet Play running on my system.

If anyone wants it, I'll throw it up.

Which particular hack? Also I can't run any injector frontend on my system, what are the underlying tools they use?

I just used gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/. Worked perfectly. Having to hex edit quick since saves didn't work or some shit.

Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced v1.11.

Yeah I know the program but they're all for Windows. Apparently they're just frontends to existing tools though that are cross-platform.

Also have you tried Touhoumon Purple? It's an Emerald hack but it's also good.

Never even heard of it.

Save's work on it now as well.

All this talk about Touhou Pokemon makes me wish we could get PC doujin games running on the 3DS, I'd love to have a portable version of fo-lens.net/enbu_ap/

It used to have a different name, half/jp/ used to play it along with the Aichiya hack. There's also Touhoumon Ordinary Version based on generation 2.

Made a .cia for Purple. Just gonna see if hex edits made saves work.

Save works. Just clock doesn't work. Dunno if there's a fix.

Any of you know if the eur version of fucked games (like FE and bravely second) have shit translation and censorship?

No idea on EU stuff but JP versions are safe from that.

Still can't speak moon, but have no problem with german or italian.

Bravely Second has the costume censorship from what I remember, and FE Fates had shit stripped from it alongside the localisation.

Was a translation going for Fates, but that's long since dead. Think there was some drama around it as well, but can't remember.

If you have Freeshop, just get it that way.

Better yet, if want Fates, there's an undub and shit on Nicoblog if you don't want to put up with the English VAs.

I'm honestly impressed, learning Moon alone is enough for me. That said, I can't stress how badly knowing Moon is essentially a requirement for vidya at this point, foreign releases might as well not even happen anymore for how terrible they are when they actually do happen.

Doujin games don't do open source, what a shame.

If none of the ambassador titles used the RTC then it's probably unsupported.

Fuck, missed the option in the injector. Guess making another.

Might be because they actually sell the damn things at Comiket et al.

There we go, working save and RTC. Anyone wants it, I'll dump on Vola.

Unf!

Thank you man.

Your face looks like a dick!

Nah it's because Japan likes Windows and doesn't do open source, although they're happy to use permissively licensed stuff sometimes. New Super Marisa Land is based on some open source framework, can't remember what though.

Your effort is appreciated.

If I buy a brand-new New3DSXL for piracy, since my current one is already on 11.0, will the brand new one be on older firmware? Or will it be updated to the newest one?

And is CFW/Piracy easier on a New3DS/New3DSXL or harder? Does it even matter if it's Nu3DS or not?

Exact same steps.

Thanks. I'm pretty accustomed to nu3DSXL, though with how cheap regular XLs are, I'll probably just settle for one of those anyway.

Is there a recommended 3DS games chart?

Is the r4i supposed to work with N3DS? It shows a game icon, but when I start it, it flashes white and then stays on a black screen.

you have to have the r4's firmware files on the SD with your roms.

thanks. Using an emunand I can just load stuff through GX right?

Th __rpg and _DS_MENU.DAT files? They're in the root folder. I'm not sure if there was anything else I needed.

I think the GX Loader can directly start installed titles on your EmuNAND from SysNAND, but I never tried it.
In the EmuNAND you don't need a loader. Pressing 1 will open a list of your ISOs to directly mount them into the Disc Channel. GC games can be mounted, but will only start though dios mios which is outdated and worse than Nintendont.
In ModMii make sure to install PriiLoader on your EmuNAND. It's needed to make the EmuNAND region free.

fuck me dude, all I wanted was to get some wiiware and vc and it's gotta be fucking rocket science. I'll just stick with what I have, I've been trying to set this up for like 8 hours straight.

There is a reason so little people use it.
How far are you with setting it up?

I made some weird neek2o thing with modmii but gx couldn't detect it at all. I went into the options and hit boot neek menu and it just loaded into a black screen. I guess I guess I'm just going to have to install my wiiware as I go, I can't believe there's not a better solution for this.

Try launching neek2o with the official launcher:
storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/custom-di/nswitch.rar

Oh and the first boot of the EmuNAND can take a few minutes and sometimes you have to retry. After the first start it will boot a lot faster.

there's an uncensored version of bravely second around, but it still suffers from the terrible translation and missing bad end for edea's subquest.

What size SD card to you guys recommend?.
I bought this 128GB SD from china for $8 because I figured it would have at least 30GB on it. But I don't really trust it.

i use a 32gb card because i got it fairly cheap. it's enough for me, but a 64gb or 128gb would probably be ideal.

Alright, if I wanted to port a game to the 3DS what should I use. A faggot toldme I should use Unity for Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo 3DS SDK. Anything about RPGmaker on 3DS?

Also, what's the latest version of Retroarch for 3DS?

EasyRPG was ported to the 3DS, which plays RPG Maker 2000 and 2003 games. The performance isn't very good though.

Keep in mind if you sign up for the sdk you're signing an nda, but I think unity is a pretty good starting point.

Samsung Evos run me $17 for a 64gb card. Works well for me, no issues

new thread: