Steam or XBLA. Who is responsible for the unending morass of indie trash?

Steam or XBLA. Who is responsible for the unending morass of indie trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/games/detail/bigleys-revenge-wii-u
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

XBLA started the fire, but Steam is what flooded the market with it.

Minecraft.
Not XBLA, not Steam. Minecraft started this bullshit.

It had already begun before then.

and forgot to mention the hipster fags that enabled them by dumping shekels to them.

XBLA, but back in XBLA indies were fucking cool.

Greenlight after they decided to drop the QA.
It's slightly harder to release shit for consoles than it is to dump a bunch of RPG Maker crap on Greenlight. I mean, fuck, Steam even has movies and books now.

Rockpapershotgun is burned in as a default unchangeable news headline provider in steam. So they must like RPS at valve.

And it was directly after Patrick Klepcuck while working at RPS wrote a bunch of articles criticizing greenlight for not letting enough games through. He called it things like "the shame box" and other shit like that. Then shortly after they completely opened the floodgates. Shortly after that, Klepcuck wrote an article criticizing them for not having more quality control.

XBLA brought the idea to the mass market.

Steam let the flood gates open.

Both. Because both let popular storefronts get flooded with this garbage.

Steam hads down

The only palace left free of this shit is PSN, kinda, you still have pretentious indiefaggotry everywhere but I have yet to see anything of that caliber on it
nintendo.com/games/detail/bigleys-revenge-wii-u

Neither. The fault mostly lay with AAA publishers who bought up and murdered mid-budget studios en masse in the early 2000s, leaving consumers searching for variety in between their annual $100 million dollar CoDs, Maddens, and AssCreeds. With no AA-level development, the market was flooded with low-effort indie development from people who barely knew a thing about games.

That said, Steam is the larger offender between them and XBLA, if only because console certification provides a slight barrier to releasing there.

Steam.

And it's a lot easier to put trash on Steam than it is on PSN/XBL.

Valve gave up on quality control and curation.

I have a feeling there some kind of symbolism in that picture.

makes sense. the mid tier studio set is still barren.

gamejolt Started no quality control
Minecraft encouraged the greedy
Steam let people sell unfinished games

Off the top of my head I could only think of maybe 3 or 4 devs who'd be considered mid tier, but triple AAA's are starting to buy them up and soon as they release a well selling game

Flash gaming portals on the WWW.

Are flash games even popular anymore?

Why does that flower look like a delicious pink asshole?