Rey is le Mary Sue XD

She's not, though. Just go back to >>>/reddit/ already.

Not even a Mary Sue, can't believe world building by J. J. Abrams is too incomprehensible for you meme drones

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/tag/fanfiction/
springhole.net/writing/whatisamarysue.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mary Sue is an actual fan fiction term for a new character. She is legit a Mary Sue because TFA feels like fan fiction.

So you’re saying any person on that planet would be better than Han at fixing the ship? If she was good at fixing ships, why was she scavenging?

But untrained
They are good pilots, not better pilots.
Which she has never flown before. Luke flew Skyhoppers and Anakin was a pod racer who had crashed every single time until the last time.

Apparently Snoke thought he was a big faggot for losing too, so Snoke apparently is a retarded member of the audience?

A mary sue is a character who pops up and either has no backstory at all or a backstory that directly ties them to the existing cast through bloodline. They're then immediately accepted by the main cast, and way more powerful than everyone in the cast.

Rey has no backstory, there's no reason for her to be knolwedgable about the Millennium Falcon. There's no reason they'd just give her command of everything. There's no reason she'd be particularly powerful in the force, it's always previously been stated to be linked to bloodline. She has no training, every other character had to have years of training. Even Anakin was told when he got to the Jedi council that at the tender age of (9? 10?) he was much older than one needed to be to start Jedi training. Despite having no knowledge of the force, no link to it, no understanding of it and no training in it Rey is able to use telekinesis, wield a lightsaber effectively, resist jedi mind tricks and use them instinctively as well as outclass a trained sith using a weapon she'd never even seen before. She's immediately given Han Solo's ship and can understand Chewbacca and droids, and Chewbacca just becomes her sidekick for no explicable reason after Han's death.

She is in every single way a mary sue and on top of that she's ugly as fuck.

MY FATHER WORKS FOR DISNEY

This is the same type of poster that pushes the prequels kino meme.
Not wasting time on it.

In TFA, Rey is a Mary Sue because she is instantly liked, trusted and put on a pedestal by everyone she meets.

Han Solo wants her on his crew and trusts her enough to work on the Falcon. Chewbacca watches over her and rips off Unkar's arm to protect her, who also wants her for inexplicable reasons. Maz is willing to give her a lightsaber, and not just any lightsaber, but the Legacy lightsaber of the series. Finn loves her and his sole motivation in rescuing her is that he loves her. The major villains of the movie want her. Princess Leia hugs her and not Chewbacca when Han Solo dies, and personally tells her that the Force is with her. She inherits the Millennium Falcon, Chewbacca, and R2-D2 when one of the three most beloved characters in the franchise is killed off. The primary villain of the movie, Kylo Ren, obsesses over her when she is his prisoner and is the first person in the movie to take his mask off to. Absolutely every single thing is handed to her and her competence and personality are never questioned in any way, shape or form by anyone in the movie.

This is what makes a Mary Sue. Not the fact that she has all of these amazing powers and abilities without even trying or without having been trained, but the fact that absolutely everyone she meets instantly likes and trusts her. This is the true mark of a Mary Sue, and it is due to an inability of a writer to create a compelling character. A Mary Sue will always be a stand-in for how the writer wants the fictional characters to react to them personally.

None of this can be refuted. She is a Mary Sue, and it isn't because she has powers and is a woman. It's because she is horribly written and to defend her is to defend bad writing.

Here is a good example of why Rey is a Mary Sue:

JJ is gonna tell is in IX!

If she's a Mary Sue, then why:

Checkmate, Cucks

It may look like she's with child, but she's actually just full of soy.

themarysue.com/tag/fanfiction/
Reminder of where the term comes from.
Enjoy your aids.

springhole.net/writing/whatisamarysue.htm
The term that you people are using is directly from mentally ill, homosexual fan fiction circle jerks.
It was never used before this one, but somehow this AIDS has infested every forum and site talking about this cancerous film.
My guess is it is viral marketing, using deliberately provocative statements and negative talking points in order to generate interest.
Likely, some amateur fan fiction self-professed writers, with AIDS, were employed by viral marketeers for below minimum wage, 10 pennies per hour to post this rubbish everywhere.

You can't have "world building" and "J. J. Abrams" in the same sentence.

Are you retarded?

Is that a question?

You dumb fuck. Stop this. The term dates back to the 70s.

No.

Yea JJ is a destroyer of worlds

We don't cotten to preteens in these parts.

Funny how it's never been used a single time by any non-AIDS person, until a few weeks ago.
Now every thread uses it over and over. Articles riddled with it.

Are you a fan fiction forum viral marketeer?

I suppose you have AIDS too.
There is a cure you know, it's called an exit bag.

It’s been used for years. I know you’re just pretending to be retarded, but stop. It’s cringe.

What is your objection to the concept of a character who is poorly written and the focus of attention without warrant, and that such characters should be avoided?

Is this an hilarious new meme?

rey is a woman and women are scientifically proven to be smarter than men, so of course she's smarter than han or luke or yoda, thats just science you idiots.

worst force user diversity quota filler ever…. no wonder yoda burned all the books he wanted to get rid of the evidence of his own existence so that he is never tied to marysue acting face.

Used for years in homosexual degenerate fan fiction AIDS-fests. Yes.
That's why you are so familiar with it.

However, outside that bubble, it simply wasn't used until a month ago. For this specific film.
It smells of anti-viral syringes in this thread.

You can just admit you're underage. Not being able to accept you're wrong over something so small is a bad sign for your current and future mental health.

The Mary Sue accusation really triggers those soy boys. Probably, they're themselves unfamiliar with the notion that merit comes from struggle and exercise.

You’re retarded. Authors forums and critique circles have used it for years, because authors want to avoid writing Mary Sues. Beyond them, the term has been used to discuss pop culture characters for years.

Rey is a mary sue since TFA.

He's actively been shilling against use of the term because its effective and defines exactly what acting face rey is. Disney shill or salty homosexual dog fucker from Holla Forums

so was Irebel all disney movies thus far have had a marysue female lead.

all from the same aids filled fan fiction forum
Your newfaggotry is clear as day.
Let me guess, dyed hair, spectacles, and AIDS.

I think honestly it’s just a retard who thinks this is effective trolling because it gets him (You)s, as opposed to just looking retarded. Nobody could possibly believe the term Mary Sue only existed for a month as applied to Rey, since there were articles about it back in 2015 and Max Landis discussed it, as did RLM and many other sites (including here).

I think it might be a streetshitter going by the way he types.

"Mary Sue" is not a new term, lol! We've used it for years. I write, professionally ; ) for a fan-fic website and literally *everyone* on the site says "Mary Sue" every day. Um, maybe you guys should read a bit more??? lol Fan-fic is just as important as other literature these days, and has been for quite some years tbqh. I started by writing beautiful Buffy fan-fics and moved on from there! What a ride, I can tell you. Although a lot of people make the mistake of writing a "Mary Sue" character, I try my best to avoid it, but tbqh I do tend to do it sometimes when I really want to put myself in the story! lol
xoxox

(You)

Hi, me again! lol
Just wanted to say, that I think Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ isn't such a bad film, and tbqh my *only* critique is that Rey is a bit of a "Mary Sue" character ; )
Other than that, the film is perfect and I really

He likes to have planets being destroyed, and the event visible from orher planets. I’m not sure why he became thought of as a sci fi guy. Cloverfield?

Yeah, given how Mike threw a shitfit when the cymbals were the wrong color in Nemesis, I don’t get how he never mentions this.

>hurr durr kylo is a badly written emo edglord and he couldn't win a close quarters duel where there is no need for foot work against an untrained nigger cus his leg was hurt by a canon blaster that didn't blew it off cus muh plot

retarded SJWs just keep trying to pull mental gymnastics to persuade people that a flawless character who is naturally good at everything without training or practice and who easuly surpases all obstacle that gets in her way is not a Ma Rey Sue
WEW
nice bait though

nice bait

I bet Rey gobbled alien cock until just before TFA starts. Her parents sold her loli ass off for drinking money and she's been deepthroating big alium megacocks ever since. That's why her mouth is so huge.

Also, that's why she's so powerful in the force. If there's midichlorians in blood it could also be in cum. She's swallowed so many loads her midichlorian count became higher than Anakin's.

I'm not even getting started tbh.

JJ confirmed for viewing Earth's destruction from afar one day?
And idk why he's a scifi guy either. Cloverfield has very little scifi. Star Trek had next to none, he has some nice space visuals tho

If she was a slave, why was that fat alien paying her for parts? Why didn’t he collar her like Anakin was collared? Why did he want to pay her for BB-8? If BB-8 could overpower two prison guards, why was he being menaced by a Jawa on a robot horse? If the junkers who were her parents lived on Jakku, why did they fly off into space in a shuttle? Why did she think they were coming back? If she was four or five, why doesn’t she remember them?

Is that how Shmi had Anakin?

She had lots of wookie clients. That's also why Chewie liked her so much, she took his entire meatpole down her throat.

As for flying she had played Space Sim 95 a billion times during her free time.

She had just escaped, obviously. Do you really think she could grow so big on the scraps she earned on collecting junk?
Might go off, customers probably don't like to risk getting their junk and more blown off.
BB8 has some nice droid curves.
BB8 was actually into it but played hard to get.
Maybe they went to the space mines of Kessel to work off a huge debt their boozing asses owed someone.
She thought they weren't cruel enough to leave their daughter to be the cheap meat toilet for the aliens of a shitty desert planet. She was wrong.
She had to take so many drugs her long term memory is fucked. That's why even though Kylo was set up as a huge asshole villain in TFA she's all chummy with him and wants his dick in TLJ.

Woman “fan” detected

Ma-REY Sue. Subtle like a battleship crashing into a harbor.

Even Hollywood generally doesn't write characters who are this Mary Sue.

URRR RAA RUURRAAAUURRRR

DRUMPF

Oh dear, you're STILL shilling? Whats wrong Mickey, you that buttblasted that not even normies like your shit film?

This is also the same fag who was pushing the chan "botters" on RT narrative.

To be fair, the Millennium Falcon was Lando's originally.

Most Mary Sues have extra special super tragic backgrounds.

Her only backstory is being abandoned as a child on a dessert planet.
Now she's an adult, autisticly still marking down every day she's been on the planet.
She has no abandonment issues, even though she barely survives by collecting junk, which apparently she's had to do since being abandoned. Convinced beyond sanity that her "parents" are going to come back for her.
Gets in the Millenial Falcon and pilots it in a combat situation with no prior experience, defeating trained fighter pilots.
Can "fix" anything but spends all her time collecting scrap.

Instead of using the existing Star Wars lore and writing something actual fans would recognize, they decided to show their contempt for the franchise by just recycling old themes and repackaging them for a new audience. On top of that they didn't even bother trying to write good characters. That's why Rey is a Mary Sue. Shitty writing by arrogant corporate shills.

I want the newfags to leave.

op is moron who picked specific parts of the movie and forgot the rest

Feel better after your lil spergout? Poor lil Daisy hater…RENT FREE!

because I can take parts out of a broken computer, possibly to be sold for the raw materials and not used as spares, I know all there is to know about the crying game operating, fixing, building, and programming computers enough to fight langleyniggers with one I found lying around a desert which just happened to still work perfectly after however-many decade and no maintenence or upgrades. And those guys who go around ripping the copper wiring out of roadside televisions are TV excs.

Disney goon thinks he can gaslight people here, of all places

She is a better character in TLJ tbh

yeah nah not doin that, I'm sure it'll be on ogre-the-air TV in a year or two

You can just download the movie

that would require effort

hahaha it kinda looks like my asshole

Not really. She has no real character development. She gets one lesson from Luke on the basics of the Force and then challenges Snoke and Kylo Ren. She kinda sorta thinks Kylo Ren is cute and wants to know who her parents are, but instead she sees her own face.

wew

He flew the T-16 skyhopper, to the point where he's the best bush pilot in that area, which was mentioned in ANH.
Webm related.

Soy-wars shills that clearly never saw the OT are even more disturbing.
Last hours of CY+2.99 guys

Sure thing Mike Cucklosa.

Anyone got webms of her in the club surrounded by all those ugly niggers? I want to show them to someone I know who loves her and thinks she's great.

She "bypassed the compressor for the hyper-drive on the falcon….messing with FTL engine would probably require years of study and experience given how complicated something like that would be.
It would be like if a janitor at the Large Hadron Collider facility in Switzerland would be capable of fixing the LHC by himself in a few minuets.
Worse because Rey is probably illiterate and is unable to count past 20 given that she was abandoned on a shit hole planet and became a "scavenger"…. I can't imagine many colleges/Universities, high schools or grade schools existing there.