What Mixed Reality technology will benefit vidya the most in the future? Which one will be the most wide-spread?

What Mixed Reality technology will benefit vidya the most in the future? Which one will be the most wide-spread?
Headsets?
Holodecks?
Smart-Glasses?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/intel-making-vr-hmd,31272.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2FXW9W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck I broke the image

Are you seriously so retarded as to think that this futurism bullshit will actually bear fruit?

As time passes a larger percentage of people will be able to use the latest technologies. So the later it happens the more people will use it.

More immersive, obviously, means more benefit.

Hope hurts, but it's time for you to accept that pain

- Said user to his comrade Zuse in 1936

I'm seeing too many parellels between the current VR push and 3D push back when Avatar came out. At the very least we got the 3DS out of that. The best I can reasonably expect is something like that. A product that's good enough to get me to play VR/AR games without VR/AR being the real reason I play them.

Could you have chosen a creepier way to say that?

whatever comes i am sure i won't be able to leap in

i will be that grey haired wrinkled oldman still using a toaster pc

"USB? whats that pops? Don't you have a secure Neuro-Weaver or something?"

Virtual reality could hypothetically remove the travel industry which is still one of the biggest markets out there.

Shits fuvked boosh.

LELE SCIENCE IS PROGRESS. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT SCIENCE CAN ACHIEVE!!!

ITT: First Person Only games are the future of video gaming

My games can be played 3rd person just like Gothic guys.

Do you even realize how tushytapped you sound, my man?

Do you even realize that I want you to tap my tushy right now my man?

You're right, my fellow redditor.

Ask and you shall receive

This progress is going to happen, and it's going to happen faster than you believe. VR devices are available for purchase right now, so that's two of the four things on OP's list. And that's not conjecture, check out the prototype Intel already has out.

tomshardware.com/news/intel-making-vr-hmd,31272.html

This is growing by leaps and bounds. You can run from the future, but it will happen with or without your help. Dozens of companies are also working on haptics. You can hide from it, but sooner or later you'll want to meet a friend or a potential employer who will only meet with you in virtual space. Sooner or later you're going to have to get on board. The future is coming, and it's coming for you.

Tushytapped? You think I actually do work man? I haven't done shit. I'm a 'designer' which is a fancy way of saying that I tell people to change their work to suit my tastes better.

Nobody said that.

Sounds horrifying. No thanks. Bet you use Windows 10 don't you, you trendy homo.

That picture is fucking stupid(and looks like typical Microsoft garbage). By the time 'hologram' 'holodeck' and 'matrix' experiences are available to the general public at a reasonable cost and out of beta testing the 'regular' experience will be considerably improved.

Just think back to what a 'regular' experience was like 15 years ago. Tiny CRT monitors with 700mhz 256mb PCs, 56k dialup and so forth. They're showing off vaporware that doesn't even exist outside of testing labs and is nowhere near ready to be sold to consumers. And they're comparing it to a modern day equivalent in a negative manner to make it seem obsolete.

By 2020 an 8k 30" curved OLED screen for $200 is what VR and AR will have to compete with. Not a small monitor far away on a desk. The mouse and keyboard will probably improved as well.

No.

Augmented reality to be honest. It's practical and even in a fledgling state we're seeing working games with it like pokerman go.

Abloo bloo bloo

user, you need to stop projecting so much. It's not right.

Augmented Virtuality will win at first. Why? Because you want to be able to feel your waifu, but you don't want to undergo the brain surgery necessary to feel virtual things by direct nerve stimulation.
Pure VR with implants comes later and will only be a side effect of the mandatory mind control chip implanted into every drone at birth.

Throw it in the bin with the motion shit, 3D movies, and the Hyperloop.

>>>/out/

But that did catch on with the wii and xbox for a bit, and people still use shit like the leap motion. Also that shit was never supposed to be "revolutionary", it was just hyped up by nintenjew and M$ to seem like it was.
They never became the stardard, but go to about any "chain" theater and they still offer 3d.
I'm kinda angry about the publicity around the hyperloop, because first of all it isn't an original idea, several different pieces of media already had it (The polar express, futurama, etc.), and secondly it's a shitty design elon musk drew up in his freetime. Plus the shithead hasn't even made a prototype, a 1st gen model, or a 2nd gen model (which is where devices such as a vive are at right now), so it isn't comparable to VR headsets.
Also, going back to motion controls, you could consider vr headsets, smart glasses, and holodecks to be another iteration of them because they primarily work on motion sensing. Perhaps this is the thing that will make motion controls popular.
I purposley did it because I didn't even want to fucking link to that board.
Also no (you) for (((you))).

Yay more gimmicks that retards with buyers remorse will shill!

All of them are complete garbage. AR is the most practical and it still doesn't offer much.
VR needs a fundamental redesign. Right now devs are releasing games where you can't even move around like a normal game and have to teleport instead because people get motion sickness otherwise. This shit is being rushed to market long before even the most basic issues have been worked out.

ITT: sour grapes and buyer's remorse arguing with each other

I own a google cardboard that I bought with $20 and it's pretty fun. Not feeling buyers remorse at all.
amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2FXW9W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1