Assuming this is Sleeping Dogs 2 finally happening, is there any chance of it being good?

twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/status/767926469909618688

Assuming this is Sleeping Dogs 2 finally happening, is there any chance of it being good?

Sleeping Dogs was just okay
Why would they make a sequel

Probably because it sold almost 2 mil copies.

Oh shit!
Modnation Racers 2 confirmed!

it was fun as fuck

beat me to it.
Please let it happen tho.

it was yakuza for tasteless western faggots

I like yakuza too, but I feel sleepeing dogs more like chinese flavored GTA.

It was a flawed game with great concepts it never quite executed perfectly.

That's exactly the kind of game that should get a sequel. Now the problems (guns are everywhere after the wedding so there's little point to martial arts. The counters are too easy. Enemy varity is shit) can be zeroed in on and fixed while what made it great is magnified.

I’m sure you’ve noticed that guns are something of a rarity in Hong Kong.

If gameplay was relevant for games like these Rockstar would've gone under ages ago.

I hope you mean visually speaking. Anytime a game tried enemy variety now it just means "Here's the regular guy, here's a big guy who can knock you down and takes lots of damage, here's the fast guy that you have to constantly counter in order to attack, here's the guy with annoying gimmick x" etc etc etc

I hate that shit, just like how I hate that every horror or zombie game has to have the exploding one, the spitting one, the fast one that can climb on things, the one that can grab you

god dammit everyone is talking about sleeping dogs and I was thinking about watch_dogs.

I mean I like dogs but why so many of them?

WATCH DOGS
SLEEPING DOGS
WAR DOGS
IT'S A DOGGY DOG WORLD user

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

After they fucking jerked around with that borderline facebook quasi-sequel, I don't know if I want another one. If it's good, I'll be interested. Not the other way round.

these games are all shit, they make a sandbox and then ruin it by making the missions fucking hand holding tutotirals for retarded babies

Jesus fucking Christ.

It was more than "just okay," come on.
I'd be content with a sequel, provided it's an actual full game. I'd be happy with a new IP, though.

Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen.

Good, the first had a superior radio selection, driving and combat system to GTA5, I'm all for it.

Sequels only get worse, and Sleeping Dogs was just barely a good game to begin with.

So, no - probably not

Waking Cats?

Wrong thread, user.

I don't know why people have to harp on things like that. What a doggie dog world.

Yeah, that's about the kind of reaction i'd expect from weeaboo scum.

Except for the fact that it was a sequel to True Crime New York City

It was easily the most interesting GTA clone, with the best setting, the best music and the best combat system. The story was pretty good, too, but it had pacing issues and there wasn't enough of it.

GTA games leave me feeling like I want the game to end already.
With Sleeping Dogs, I actually wanted more.

Also, Hong Kong is a fucking phenomenal setting, and I want more games set there.

So give it the SR1 to SR2 treatment where theres a lot more to do and customize?

It was better than GTAV so don't see why they wouldn't, as long as R* keeps up the fuck ups SD is in the lead position.

I like the Yakuza series too and i also prefer japanese games most of the time, sadly it takes more than 1 functioning brain-cell to know they are completely different games with completely different features and setting that make them unique, even a monkey could do it are you also going to tell me you can't tell the difference between Yokai watch and Pokemon?, kys please.

Actually, I got around to play Sleeping Dogs after getting it in the past steam sale expecting to see more of the usual sandbox shit, I ended up really satisfied.
It does have its flaws but otherwise it was enjoyable in many aspects (story, music, the general ambience of Hong Kong… fuck, it even gave me the itch to actually travel there someday).

If this is indeed a proper sequel, or a spinoff like they usually planed but with its game elements on par with current gen games, it's definitely something to look forward to.

IT'S AN EARLY-ACCESS GAME FOLKS

Pretty much. Saints Row 1 to 2 is a great example of how a flawed but enjoyable game is better for a sequel than a perfect one.

I guess you can say Smash Grab is quite the cash grab