REAL TALK: What if its good?

REAL TALK: What if its good?

I'm sure we are all expecting the worst case scenario: A cut tower defence minigame cut from MGSV -because in 2013 Kojima was saying he wanted to make a zombie game- turned into a 20 dollar online 4 player killing floor horde model defence thing to shill lockboxes and skins of metal gear characters.

But whats the best case scenario?

Its the fox engine so it will possibly have the fluid controls and movement of MGSV and it could be -though i personally doubt it- a red dead redemption undead nightmare style rework of Africa and Afghanistan mashed up together 'because lol alternate reality' with 4 player co-op and the same mission bullshit based on scavenging and escaping back to the metal gear universe with some crafting and gathering elements.

What do you think the best case scenario for this darkest timeline spin off could be?

That it will be good, and it will save the metal gear franchise after MGSV

There's potential, if it's handled correctly. Basically if they can nail the feeling of building up your makeshift motherbase while surrounded by zombies and other hostile creatures, without compromising the stealth then it could be a pretty decent spinoff.

But knowing Konami, there's a very high chance that it'll be shit. Forced microtransactions up the ass Pay us fifteen thousand Konami coins to get that new gun goy, I mean, survivor! Or you can wait fifteen days!

I think people are just assuming the worst because we've got a half-finished MGS:V sitting there just begging for more robust content and gaps to be filled, only for Konami to shove a generic zombie game in our faces instead.

Konami pls

Good? I can't be sure, but fun? Maybe.

The spear got my interest, the drilling rocket arrow lost it. Still, I want to see how it plays first before passing it off into the trash list or pirate list

More like pay a monthly fee to stop zombies from raping your base while you're not playing.

It would be if Kojima was in charge of it

That's a good joke right there.

I didn't even think about that. I guess zombie attacks can replace FOB assaults, and you could stop them from attacking with a quick payment.

Fuck man, that would be terrible.

Kill yourself, shill.

Are you retarded? Developers have been doing this for years.

Sorry OP, it just can't be pulled off. I'm not saying it won't sell well, but this is basically going to be Metal Gear's death knell. It's true that MGSV was indeed butchered in post-production by Konami which hurt the game, but the Survive trailer is basically showing a game that is akin to the jump from RE4 to RE5. What I mean by that you're seeing a franchise go from having minor/barely noticeable elements of casualization to the developers being basically open that at this point they do not give a fuck.

No swimsuits, no buy

this is just a zombie game with the metal gear name put it. it doesnt actually have anything to do with metal gear.

Then we pirate it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For Christ's sake Konami the corpse isn't even cold and you're already raping the hell out of it

Have you no shame?

>What if its good?

(((EMBED MARKETING)))

Oh I think it CAN be a good game OP.
Just not a good METAL GEAR game.

That is the biggest problem. From what it seems, Metal Gear was slapped to the name just so they wouldn't have to retool all the assets they recycled nor would they have to bother trying to come up with some whole other world and storyline and whatever.

it is LITERALLY fanfiction in the same way that Metal Gear Rising was fanfiction. Now, the problem with both of them is because they slap the Metal Gear name on it they kind of ruin the franchise/world of Metal Gear in the process.
MGR basically ensured that you couldn't have any metal-gear styled game set in any time after the events of MGS4 unless you were going to continue on the path of being a cyborg-styled Ninja Gaiden (as MGR was).
this game, MGSurvive, would basically ensure the idea of magical alternate dimensions/realities. Now I suppose that's easy enough to ignore but now you have that there and you have opened up the concept of alternate realities and timelines and other shit that will just serve to become ruinous retcon lubricant. For instance, is Portable Ops fully canon now but just happened in an alternate reality?

Won't matter to Kojimbodrones.

That`s the stupidest thing I`ve ever heard, the whole series is full of super soldiers with weird powers, you don`t have to justify that, the cybernetic bacteria shit was stupid too, there was no need to justify apparently unnatural events

Nothing wrong with good zombie vidya

I wish L4D had more mapping going on.

I wish the thin skinned kick heavy retards leave the game already.

nice try but a better picture to use would be one with the actual fucking zombies in MGSV

fucking retard faggot can't even troll correctly. kill yourself

Zombie vidya wasn't the problem.
The super popularity of zombies were. I actually blame that for the stunted growth of video game AI.

You thought the price tag would act as a quality filter?

I hate how all the focus is going into shitty ass graphics, pointless little details masquerading as depth and marketing and not AI.

That's some pretty shitty bait, friend. I think most MGS fans knew from the beginning that the game was wacky, over the top, sci-fi cheese. That's not the issue. If it were, then people would've bitched about
>Big, bad, angry pikachu Volgin who looks like he'd be more at home in a fucking Street Fighter game
No, instead, the true issue here is that MGS has always been a stealth action franchise, and Konami are trying to change it into a co-op zombie survival game. That's like taking chocolate syrup and pouring it all over your pizza. Some people may like it, but most people would prefer to enjoy those thing separately.

zombie AI is way better than human AI.

Personally I would just like difficulty settings for action games to be settings for AI smartness and not just how many bullets they can soak up vs how brittle you are.

All true, but we have been down this road before with MGR. This sure as shit wont be another MGR, but the universe has legs outside trying to recapture MGS3 again and again.

Which i guess is a little ironic considering what they are doing here.

But this isn't MGS, it's a spinoff, with different gameplay. Like Rising. Now whether or not it plays as good as Rising is beyond me but we'll see.

Personally I would like difficulty options to die in a rot and have a challenging game from the get go, and then have challenge modes like timers or one hit deaths or something.

Lets be honest, even with the fox engine and the guys doing MGO and the post Kojima MGSV patches its not going to be MGR.

Fair points, the game could potentially be good. So who is this comic meant to be poking fun at? If it's "die hard kojimadrones" well I haven't come across anyone here that actually thought MGSV's use of supernatural elements was "intellectually stimulating".

Some people dont understand Kojima is an autistic, burger loving westaboo that just makes anime games. For the rest of us thats why we love them, but they need it to be DEEP.

The only good thing I can imagine coming from this is really damn good optimisation due to it being on Fox engine but other than that I see no way it could actually be good.

doesn't matter
it's like cumming on a little girls face
it feels good but you're filled with shame

Real question i guess is if it makes money -with pachinko dead by 2018- will we see other fox engine games?

Because now Allison Road is coming back and RE7 looks like it might be a videogame and not a walking simulator i imagine they will cash in on that silent hill money and tom hullets busy fucking up way forward now.

A little survey: which Metal Gear game is the best?

bad example.

There is technically only one supernatural element in the entirety of the Metal Gear Solid series and that is the boss fight in MGS:3 with The Sorrow.
Even that could be considered nothing more than a hallucination though.

The whole direction of MGS seems to have been to give explanations for apparent supernatural things.
The parasites in MGS5 are an explanation for the super powers of the bosses in MGS3. Except for The Fury. he didn't have a super power just a jetpack and flamethrower.

The only explanation I have for this is perhaps autistic fans demanding explanations for how people could possibly do those super natural bullshit things.

I liked ground zeroes and rising most. Most gameplay oriented, cutscenes didn't get in the way and I liked going fast in it. But again I haven't played Phantom Pain yet so who knows.

I am fully expecting the 'zombies' to be dead bodies with a shard of motherbase imbued with Big Bosses will controlling them unintentionally or some retarded horseshit.

Metal Gear Solid 3.

It is easily the yardstick by which all other Metal Gear Solid games are judged.
In a way, its almost like a reboot of the series.

I would agree with you if Kojima was the one at the helm for this.

Remember its probably based on content drafted and scrapped in MGSV's development. In 2013 on twitter he was saying "want to make zombie game" and people assumed later he just mean Silent Hills which any SH fan knows doesn make sense.

I mean theres tons of western dlc addons to games made just as a mishmash of assetts as a 'dreamworld' or alternate dimension. Alan Wake did it like 3 times, you think Konami wouldnt pull a "Heres camp omega, the afghan base huey was kept at and the foggy jungle lab where they experimented with the parasites all smashed together" to save assett production costs?

I started the series playing MGS2, and I think that game's story was absurd but it also made you think. That's what I liked about Kojima's writing; He's not afraid to wax poetic about all his favorite anime/sci-fi/movie tropes and incorporate them into his plot, but at the same time he'll offer real world references to concepts, people, events, and media that encourage the player to become more cultured For instance, I never knew that NORAD actually tracks Santa Clause every year for Christmas until I played Peace Walker

With all this shit in mind, I'd say MGS1 = MGS3 > MGS2 > Peace Walker = GZ = TPP in terms of overall plot and writing. I don't know about 4, I haven't played it.
As far as gameplay goes I'd rate them TPP = GZ >MGS3 > PW > MGS1

What about that whole "Ghost in the Machine" deus ex shit that happened at the end of Peace Walker? You unload your entire arsenal on the thing and manage to get it into a state of disrepair and it still keeps on trying to fire its nuke. Then the hatch to the AI pod opens up and Snake goes inside only to have flashbacks about The Boss while ripping out the AI's motherboards, and then as Snake escapes the exploding pods, Peace Walker goes haywire and drowns itself in the ocean. The whole thing implied that The Boss possessed the machine and forced it to override its nuclear launch sequence.

What about Vamp? He's an actual fucking vampire. What about the ending of MGS2 where shit goes haywire? What abut Psycho Mantis? Sure, you could write these things off as hallucinations or hardware malfunctioning, but that's too convenient. The explanations that are given are also given with the implications that "something greater" is going on. Not always, but the games like to both deny the existence of supernatural elements while also incorporating them into the story somehow.

TPP = GZ > MGS3 > MGS2 > PW > MGS1
I forgot to throw MGS2 in there.

Its now dead, Jim.

Vamp was rewritten as NANOMACHINES SON but yeah Mantis is literally established by Kojima in 5 as the most powerful person in the metal gear universe but he is a puppet who imprints on the strongest nearby will at the time which made him Eli/Liquids basic bitch for most of his life.

Gonna ask and put in spoiler cause it may trigger some faggots
Why the fuck do so many people find Quiet attractive? She's like a 6/10 and that's me being generous. Her face is more "handsome" than beautiful. And her body is okay with nothing really impressive figure wise. Is it just because Meryl was so manish in 4 that Quiet looks more feminine?
Polite sage for off topic.

My fucking nigger.

The high moments are so high. Snake and Otacon after Sniper Wolfs death, Kaz talking Snake to deal with the Boss's death because MSF isnt willing to shit talk him like a normal man. That stuff was some of the best dialogue in the series because it wasn't fake techno babble and attempts to close loopholes in plot but straight to the point "here is Snakes story coming to fruition" and "here is jacks story ending and big bosses story beginning"

there rest are all fun, there isnt a shit metal gear, just an unfinished one, but MGS and PW have the best high points.

I honestly just loved the simpler stealth mechanics in both games. Getting the sneaking suit and combining it with the soliton radar in PW reminded me of basically all of MGS again, where most of the stealth had to do with line of sight.

That being said, when shit got hype it got HYPE.

Also

It closed the circle and was so good.

Look at the women considered attractive by Hollywood today. Quiet looks similar without going full manface, so she appeals to movie freaks like Kojima.

Kojima probably browses the 2ch. version of Holla Forums and pushes the 'kino' meme.

Actually Vamp is called that because he's a bisexual

At least we're getting some good ports of the first DR, the second and its spin-off soon.

Also if you liked PT Allison Road is back btw.

This is fucking Konami we're talking about, and Metal Gear without Kojima to boot.

There is no what if?.

V>4>PW>3>2>1
1>3>4>PW>2>V
3>1>2>V>PW>4
3=1>4>2>V>PW
1>3>PW>2>V>4
2>3>1>V>4>PW
GB=3=1>2>PW>V>4

You know they didn't lose every person who worked on metal gear though right? MGSV has been getting patches and changes in multiple patches. Like now the world is persistent on PS4 at least and destroying things is permanent and they added an entire new system where doing certain things checks off challenges for more GMP to upgrade stuff faster and there are daily ones that add even more different things to do in missions beyond the extra hidden objectives.

The CEOs are scumbags but the slaves just trying to stay out the gyms and pachinko mines arent all completely incompetant, just miserable.

I'm actually interested in it. Maybe it's because I'm interested in what they'll do with the ruined Mother Base, it might improve on MB construction from TPP which was not very deep or interesting. From the looks of it the Zambinos and Metal Gears will try to attack the MB so I hope there's more gameplay built around developing MB to fend off attacks.

I've played MGSV for 200 hours but I still want more. Survive might provide that for me.

Thats the thing for me really, zamambos are tired as shit and lazy "see player move to and attack player" scripting but the concept of "military outfight and part of their base dropped in alien world" is some "GATE: and so the JSDF fought" tier silly bullshit that intrigues me a little.

If only it was its own thing like "rainbow six unit ends up in the elder scrolls and has to establish forward base for murrca" tier bullshit.

Fanboys are cancer.

Eeew, not that i's kiss a whore but that's still more disgusting than her getting banged by 15guys a day.

check em

You know what's great about Metal Gear Survive showing up?

That you faggots are finally willing to entertain the ideas I've pushed about the problem with MGS5 was that it seems like a game that has had plenty of changed directions and scrapped ideas during production and the efforts to get everything on one final idea were sloppy.

You're seeing it now, it took way more overt evidence but you are now finally seeing it.
You're seeing the remnants of the scrapped ideas.
You're no longer ignoring these off handed comments Kojima has made about trying to do different types of games within Metal Gear games.
Maybe now you'll all go back to MGS5 with a more critical and neutral eye. You'll see the colby-jack cheese that the game is.

the entire reason I hate MGS2 is because Fortune's story is so fucking dumb that it completely beggars belief. and this in a universe where I have no problem accepting a homosexual cyborg ninja, a homosexual vampire, or _NANOMACHINES SON. it's just so goddamned stupid. "I'm immune to gunfire and this is my curse oh wait it was just my belt lol"

Is MGO even alive at this point? Going by how laggy and glitched every incarnation of MGO has been I have serious doubts about this game.
There's no chance Konami wont fuck this up.

Scrap the synopsis intro. Unfuck from there. Seriously there is a LOT you can do, but Konami has it's corporate head so far up it's own asshole it can't see day.

Sunny in full Clem mode.
Also a Raiden and Sam OneeChanbara style zombie killing game.

MG2 was the peak of the IP.

All they really need is a good level designer for it to be good gameplay wise. It's likely that it might be fun. I'm going to try not to buy it at least until it's practically free on steam.

This is some obvious shilling.

No, MGO has been dead for ages and every attempt that was made to revive it just killed it worse.

BULLETS AREN'T EVEN FUCKING FERROUS

IT'S LEAD AND COPPER, NEITHER ARE ATTRACTED TO OR REPELLED BY MAGNETS

NEVERMIND A MAGNET POWERFUL ENOUGH TO ALTER THE TRAJECTORY OF A SUPERSONIC BULLET WOULD FUCK UP EVERY ELECTRONIC DEVICE FOR WHO KNOWS HOW FAR

That fucking shit broke my fucking suspension of disbelief so goddamned hard.

But in the end fortune truly was lady luck™

Maybe if you keep posting it it will become true.

cuckold

Are you that user who got mad that venom snake lost his trigger discipline in some cutscenes?

Now I want someone with magnet powers to fuck up with electronic devices.

I certainly wouldn't say that it's dead.

Considering that it has no mod support DD even got some pretty nice mods.

The vast majority of military cartridges use a steel penetrator in their bullets.
Go buy some m855 ball and put a magnet to it if you don't believe me.
Same with most comblok ammo as well.

never played mgs, this got me interested

The best case scenario for this game is that it becomes as good as KF.

In all honesty, because of the way Konami uh "developed" MGSV, you can expect it to look more like KF2.

It won't be

hooray

I've always wanted a co-op metalgear.

It's be fun, that is course, if it has metal gear controls. I don't want a 1-1 lost planet clone.

I got confused for a second reading that and thought of steel case ammo.

Then I thought of a Metal Gear boss that steals your brass. Like The Pain but with shell casings.

for once this game does not look like autism fest, why are you all so butthurt about it?

I swear this game has the most ghost-hipsters fans.

Everyone on Holla Forums is butthurt about it because it's not a weebshit VN.

Metal Gears without Kojima being heavily involved have existed. Like the AC!D spinoffs, Portable Ops, and the Ghost Babel. Besides, Kojima didn't take all of KojiPro with him, so I have some hope it might be at the very least decent.

Of course knowing Konami after shit like the Silent Hill HD Collection and buying Hudson only to make shit mobile games with the Bomberman IP, probably not

Jesus Christ

I won't buy it because I'd rather spend the money on vinyl records and games I missed out on.Also I never played a single mgs game outside of that one time at a cousins house.

Was this supposed to mean something, or was it just a buzzword that describes nothing so you could get a reply.

Why do you have that hope

Was MGO3 and the way they expanded FOB not evidence enough of where they intend to take their games?

Well for starters, I never really play multiplayer games, I mainly played MGSV for the single player and even though I talk shit about it, I spent 53 hours with it, that's the most amount of time I probably spent with a modern game. And plus some of the updates to MGSV aren't bad, like with the challenges.

answer the question. what's wrong with how it looks? it has almost 100k dislikes on youtube trailer. that's lame.

I've spent nearly 500 with the game. The challenge updates were nothing more than a booster to get the FOB competition going, which of course is where the money was. All the updates and changes they made for single player were just things to make it more convenient to play FOB when you got bored of the single player.

It looks like a soulless cash grab is the problem.

Re-used assets? Check
Bow and arrow meme weapon? Check
Zombie survival? Check

I'm willing to give it a chance, but the trailer only showed me things to be pessimistic about, not optimistic.

Regardless of whether it is a good game or not it is still a bastardization of a beloved franchise to follow an over done market trend that goes against the core mechanics of the franchise.