Alzheimer’s and dementia prevention: Mental stimulation

What games can you use to stop brain rot?

Other urls found in this thread:

brainbashers.com/nonogrids.asp
vyznev.net/corewar/guide.html
play.pokemonshowdown.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Games that require you to think. Not too much of such games exist. Better to play some strategic table top vidya. Like Yu-gi-oh or magic the gathering for example.

Not like you would completely stop your brain from rotting though.

Just play chess instead.

Chess my nigguh

some multiplayer games can make you think, its gotta be something where you can actually strategize though.

Most single player games that are well balanced will require thought, Those are pretty rare nowadays though.

The Talos Principle is an excellent puzzle game, it had me stumped a more than a few times.

Grand Strategy is an obvious one, especially multiplayer.

Pokemon, if you're a retard.

Reminder overprediction can make you look like either a genius or a dumbass.

Won't matter when Zika virus hits. It produces the same symptoms in adults as Alzheimer's.

Wesnoth is still pretty solid, and is FOSS and not complete shit, so I'd recommend that. Always matches going on, really easy to setup with friends. Matches just tend to take a while due to nature of the game, though.

For all we know about the brain using it more equals to advancing alzheimer faster.
On the other hand, if you never think your IQ drops.

Alzheimer is all about diet.

Source please

You also debate philosophy and shit with a terminal in between puzzles.

I hear this fights off Zika as well

You're the only person in this thread with good taste.

The puzzles aren't too difficult. Really, the one that irritated me the most was called Deception I think.

this looks promising
hard af?

This user is incredibly correct, don't go into Yu-gi-oh thinking you will be playing anything mentally strenuous. Once you get into the newest meta you just take the big winner of the day and pay a fuckton of dosh just to beat people who don't.

yeah its pretty tricky

The later levels get so complicated they take hours to complete (pic not related, that's easy still).

Possibly my favourite puzzle game.

An user a while back shared this site, and it has some interesting puzzles on it.

brainbashers.com/nonogrids.asp

You're disgusting.

Probably when you commit sudoku.

The difficulty curve is smooth as silk, go for it

Haven't tried SpaceChem, but I do have TIS-100. It's fun as hell, but apparently a lot of people find it difficult to get into because you actually have to read the guide to understand how to play.

Try some tactical vidya. I also heard that learning second language can prevent a lot of brain related problems when getting older, maybe you should try learning japanese.

It makes me look like a dumbass every time

vyznev.net/corewar/guide.html

I'm intimidated and intrigued. I've seen similar types of "program your own ___", but this seems the most sophisticated.

Tactical Action games seem like they'd be the best, but I don't think any exist.

What do you mean tactical action games? Like Raven Shield and SWAT 4?

tom clancy endwar?

play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Dwarf Fortress.
Grand strategy games.
Jagged Alliance.

Go is a better game than chess.

Typically I find the best way to keep your brain active is to write stories, or read stories. Things that keep your imagination flaring.

As for gaming, I just play what I find fun.