If my PSP is broken, do you think it would be smarter to buy a new psp, or buy a PSVita?

If my PSP is broken, do you think it would be smarter to buy a new psp, or buy a PSVita?

As far as I understand it the PSVita already has all the functions of a PSP, and the PSP part of it can be homebrewed too, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2015/09/30/ps-vita-hack-qwikrazor-releases-ark-for-firmware-3-52/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3.18 or lower vita IIRC, I think you can use it with 3.60 Henkaku if you got a demo or purchased a game, I'd love it if someone would teach me how to play PSP games and homebrew on the vita, I have a locoroco demo copy if that helps.

Also, vita piracy will be possible in about 2 months minimum.
So you should definetly buy a vita, I got a Slim with a 64gb memory card for about $120 from a local mom n pop vidya shop.
I'm actually playing Persona 4, it's fun, but the difficulty is bullshit, but that's my fault for putting Super Hard Mode. Now I'm grinding like a motherfucker in Yukiko's Castle.

Might try repairing my PSP and wait to see if the Vita gets full on piracy then, thanks

People always told me these Chong cookies never told the truth.

that's nice but you still can't tell us what models/firmware will be exploitable so I'll just stay right here on this fence with regard to buying one thank you and good day.

visit wololo's website. There are guides and lurk moar the forum

Yeah, it's very sexy.

SHANGAI, HONG KONG, EGG FOO YOUNG, HOOHOO, FORTUNE COOKIE ALWAYS WRONG!! *Japanese gibberish*

They're cheaper than the New 3DS, and it just looks so much more cutting edge, I can't go back to my 3DS after this, it looks so fucking bad. I really can't wait for Citra, the vita and emulated 3DS are on par for the most part. I can't believe this handheld gen is almost over.

I wanted you to spoonfeed my baby, like the 3DS homebrew thread, guess I'll have to go the hard route.

Is it really over? It doesn't feel like it's been long compared to the DS/PSP era. Now that was a good time to be around. So much vidya and everyone was happy.

Which is in your budget right now OP? If you're a poorfag right now, I recommend getting a new PSP. This isn't a bad thing though, the PSP is a fantastic system.

Vita I enjoy equally as well, but the pricey memory cards suck dick.

it's not that difficult. As you could see on the video above I'm using the talkman travel xploit
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=42768

If you have an nVidia card in your PC and do a lot of your gaming at home, then go for the Vita. Emulate on the PC and stream to your Vita with Moonlight. Upscaled PPSSPP, Wii/NGC/N64, DS, PS2, Dreamcast, anything you can emulate on PC with all the graphical enhancements you want… plus whatever PC games you want through Moonlight.

Otherwise, I'd say for the moment that the PSP is still the better choice. It has actual CFW which is much more mature - much more robust emulation and piracy options. The Vita may get to that point eventually, but who knows when that will be - and there's still no real solution even in the work to circumvent the insane memory card jewery Sony implemented - whereas the PSP, you can get a microSD to PSP adapter for like a dollar.

JUST

I didn't see this! Holy fuck thank you.

your images are outdated

I like that you display the Shita next to a good console for the juxtaposition. Really makes you think.

No problem. Even tho I can emulate the psp, from time to time I buy vita games that run below fw3.18, I started playing Muramasa Rebirth For newer games you can get a cheap PSTV.

The Vita is preferable in most cases, but if you want PSPemu access you need to find one that's at firmware 3.52 or lower. You'll also need at least one PSP game that isn't a demo, and a PS3 to install the game without triggering an update. See here for details:
wololo.net/2015/09/30/ps-vita-hack-qwikrazor-releases-ark-for-firmware-3-52/

Oh, but I'm at 3.60.

Well then. Fuck.

They're both pretty fucking bad though, my Wii U is a dust collector, and I bought that sucker for an even $200, with Mario 3D Land, Mario Maker, Art Studio and Smash Bros. The only reason I'm playing the vita (also a dust collector) is because it's starting to get hacked. The Pii U doesn't have many other games that interest me other than Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Cock. Hell, the reason I even bought this piece of plastic is the same as the vita, for the value and backwards compability with older systems. If it wasn't for that, the photo I just took wouldn't even exist.

The prices might not reflect the abolute best deals you can possibly get, but I just created those images from screen captures like - 5 minutes ago.

They're current.

on 3.60 you can get HENkaku.. I think psp emulation is not possible? yet, but SOON

And piracy of course. Lots of piracy.
Either way, the only games I also care about right now are Mario & Sonic @ the huehuehue games, Nintendoland and maybe Bayo 1.

Technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Yeah, mine is Henkaku'd, and soon I hope, I lurked and found some leddit, but didn't bother with it.
I need to find it again, but don't wanna go to that website. We need way more tutorials in out VITA generals, the 3DS threads tend to have abundant resources but the vita doesn't, even if it's about getting things to run in PSP mode with Henkaku.