Planetside 2 Thread: A Funeral In Black and Red Edition

Server: Emerald (USE)

Faction: Terran Republic

Outfit: Spicy Spokes Serf Slayers (WWEW)
First, post on the PS2 thread with your character name along with a screenshot in-game on the loadout screen with a meme. Second, search our outfit by it's tag, WWEW in the outfit browser, the application must have a meme, ID and post number from the thread.

The Tranu Ocean is salty everyday.

Some of you New Cheeseburgers™ are okay, don't go to the Crown tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WByGk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wne8xlzP8os
youtube.com/watch?v=jzmrHB2jGXU
stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/fives23
whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=vanusblessing.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Archive of the penultimate thread archive.is/WByGk its gonna be slow days from now on, unless Gaybreak releases some major content, the game is dead and MUH KD! will rule over the carcass.

It was a fun ride, fags
even if none of you fucking terran males ever manned my lib

I've been gone over the weekend and the new semester is about to start as well, so I don't know how much I'll be on.

It's been one hell of a ride with you shitlords but I think it's time for wwew to take a nice long sleep. We shat up memerald so hard that we were infamous to the muh kd shitters. The amount of oc and salt mining from these threads has been spectacular. I am proud of you guys I really am. I hope to catch some of you shitters in other games. It's been fun riding along with you lads and to the few who trusted my flying skills in Valk-chan, thanks for the fun.
Valk-chan is best girl.

Is this really the end guys?

"yes"

Yeah man, I'm sorry.
I put up with the 27fps clusterfuck because you were some fun people. And I tried playing a few days ago, and I just wanted to kill myself because, I'm really sick of doing the same shit, and losing fights because AOD sucks cock.

its been one hell of a ride lads

It has been an honor.

Back when I started posting, I said "if we stop playing the game and start circlejerking in the thread like /ps2g/, we should just kill the thread."
Hopefully Daybreak will get their heads out of their asses one day and we'll be able to ding dong bannu the Trannu once more.

what're yall playing now?

Apart from Senran Kagura

CataDDA/X3:LU

It's for the best
We've done our duty

Removing ayys in EDF.

Which is the best EDF?
I only have insect armageddon.

The latest one, 4.1

Insect Armageddon is considered one of the worst ones

if this is truly our last thread we should post all the content we made
does anyone have all the saltwatches?

if this is truly our last thread we should post all the content we made

The game is just really shitty. The only reason as to why I played was just to spam music. Unless we can find something to do in it, then no one really wants to play.

Is this really the last thread? Is it over? Can I uninstall PS2 and finally focus on playing my other games now?

I'll find what I can.

Yes, 4.1 is the best. insect armageddon was made by an US company. 4.1 is by the normal japanese dev, Sandlot.
PC version just hit steam week or two ago, so a link shouldn't be hard to hunt down.

Anyone have poetryfag?

I think that's it.

Seeing as we're gonna be dead, we might have a revival if the Kaiser-Crown Helmet arrives soon, so don't delete your character and uninstall the game just yet you faggots.

No, I mean that VShitter that wanted us to make his résumé.

Im not even fucking sure if the last one is mine or not

eh people got fed up with the shitty meta I guess
I sure did

We can always fight Ross's army during his "play with the fans" sessions.

I do suggest we start playing something like Arma.

Yeah, but Arma isn't free. I'd dig it though because I have all the Arma games just sitting in my library with no real reason to play them. I was thinking Joint Ops since it can be easily pirated, modded, and toaster-friendly, but I'd imagine people are burned out on the game. Is Project Reality any good?

its ok m8
just remember it wasnt a very good game to begin with

It's been fun faggots, haven't been on much lately but I remember in the beginning many keks were had

I didn't make this but who could forget this meme?

i didnt make any of the shit i posted
assumed most of the creative talent got bored and moved on already so i just post what i can find

Project Reality is free tho

It is. Removes the fluff aspect of simulation like excessive inventory clutter, but keeps the actual combat simulation. Its basically ArmA except in am actual game format.

I made all the shit I posted previously except for the first ace pic and template.

Holy shit. Where did the time go?

Like the reason I suggested Arma is because custom missions could be fun setting up like having a band of merry shitposters guarding the great wall of Trump from dirty spics. I haven't had the chance to shit up Joint-ops so I have no idea about that.

I'll be up for Project Reality.

Dust in the wind friend.
we miss you gunner "grass on the field" nacho

I'd be down to play Project Reality if we got a good amount of people from WWEW. Definitely gonna need a mic for that though…

Joint Ops also has custom missions. The community is extremely niche with no normalfags and the company hasn't made a game in over a decade. The most attention they ever got was when they were making a sequel to Super Mario World for the Philips CD-i that eventually got canned.

Thanks, anons. I bought (on sale) insect armageddon on recommendation, it wasn't great.
Does 4.1 have LAN co-op?

It has 2 player split-screen, but don't think LAN.

Typhoon RADICAL was fun but that game seems to only really shine when you've got a LOT of people and not just a small group killing AI gooks

Being there when he told that story was some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game with Holla Forums, and I don't even have a mic so I was just listening to it. The spaghetti that was spilled that day was glorious

Yeah, that's the problem. Unless we have a large dedicated group, we should do Project Reality.

Don't get me wrong, IF we can get most of the people from WWEW who are burnt out on PS2 to play we should definitely play Joint Ops, that game is fun as shit. I still have an old version of Holla Forumsmod that somebody made, I think

I'm sure some people will be online intermittently but the thread is definitely shutting down. We can't, and shouldn't, keep it going if almost nobody will play.

Don't need to have a thread constantly going, but if someone wants to plan an event or some big news about the game pops up, that's worthy of it. Daily threads contribute to burnout, after all.

Not leaving, just hibernating or taking a break, we literally did everything that a Holla Forums group should do, unless you want to join the guys in the NC outfit.

Project Reality is great, but ever since they went standalone after Battlefield 2 shut down, I could never load a game without it shitting itself

Why? Resident Evil does this too technically the GFWL version of 5 supported it but the Steam version said fuck you then all the other multiplayer games have either splitscreen or online only

this
dont even think i lasted to br20. game is shallow trash. don't know how the fuck anyone plays to br 120.

Social element or taste for the gameplay. I played this game sparingly for about 2 years before I actually got really invested because I joined with wwew a few days after it was founded. And the social element is largely why I kept coming back and enjoying the game and why lately I haven't really played because nobody is online. Some people do legitimately enjoy the core game though, and those are the kind that have been playing this and only this for 4 years in a row.

unlocks are a helluva drug

you forget the tourneyfag infestation. Some people dont give a shit how a game plays or what its even about as long as they can prove they are better then everyone else at it.
Also free to play reasons

It's been alot of fun playing with you guys, maybe we'll meet up again to gather more salt from tranu someday but for now lets move on elsewhere.

Gas the tranu.
Fry the burgers.
Loyalty until death.

It's been fun playing with you faggots.

If I was on-line at the time, I would.
I'm ALWAYS up for gunning.

For now an0n. For now.

But if the Republic needs us when the next content patch drops, we will return

So Halloween?

See you fuccbois in the next game

I'm still around, I was just playing far less games because my mother was in the hospital for a month

She was released a short time ago but all day long I'm either doing errands for her and my aunt or I'm taking care of my new dog

Rippu the wwewu. Glorious TR outfitu.
Posting muh OC so people won't forget it or wwew.

God damn it.

I think I lucked out pretty well in catching the peak of a wave of PS2 activity. I started playing on a whim about two weeks before the construction update was released, so I had time to get used to the game before the big wave of returning and new players hit.

I've not played daily like I used to for about two weeks now, but I'm not completely done with the game either. Still, PS2 managed to catch my interest like no other game in recent memory.

To be honest killing the general right around the time the one on cuckchan dies is probably a good idea.

God damn it lads.

I dunno, I think I'll still hop in from time to time. The outfit isn't going anywhere, is it?

At least we left a permanent mark on the game as shitty as it is. Maybe we'll play again in October when our helmet is out.

This game's burnout is really intense, after one month I decided to check on the thread to see if I should play again, but it's over

I think taking a break until october is a good idea. How come there arent any other games like this? As far as I know, no one ever tried making 60v60-ish shooters, only galaxy in turmoil is working on it
Planetside is shit but weww made it worth it, see you next time guise

Fuck you bird, you'll have no choice but to crawl back to where you once came from.

The guys behind that shitty Warhammer TPS want to make it somewhat similar to it at some point.

60v60 was to become the industry standart until consoles took over.

Also Project Reality allows 60v60, and so do most milsims.

This.
The bants and salt we mined was the best part of the game, the game is bland and boring overall.

I'm getting flashbacks to Warbros times. I expected the same thing to happen here.

Lads, you're all diamonds.

Always and forever.

well i had fun with you lads, see you goyim next time!

I… I only spammed overmeme for a few days and then went on a hike.
Why did it all fall apart in the meantime?

I will say one thing though, if you guys had not been faggots about having a sticky for the 3 month anniversary event, maybe we would have gotten some new blood and energy.

A-are you guys still playing right now? I hope I didn't miss the party.

Those screenshots are old, when we almost had a full platoon running.

Well, lads, I'm going to uninstall the game now.
We had fun. A lot of it. Hopefully something will happen to get us all back together.

Better games friends ahead.
Maybe no planetmans.
Maybe no wwew.
I will go away but we are many of soul.
I will return.

fucking rip

here are my jewtube videos youtube.com/watch?v=Wne8xlzP8os youtube.com/watch?v=jzmrHB2jGXU
the crown will always be with you

Great landing ace!

What about Tiberian Sun: Reborn? Not only is it free but it also works great on toasters and the vehicle rushes are comfy as fuck

Apparently there is also another standalone Renegade mod called Tiberium Crystal War, which is in CnC 3 rather than Tiberian Sun.

they either see the thread and are interested or they dont
stickies just attracts a bunch of faggots and shitposting

I'm be up for pretty much anything. I just want to play games with you fags some more.Please

And to no one's surprise they didn't. You know an actual event might have interested some people and if the side effect of that would have been shitposting autists like we get every stick who gives a fuck? Not everyone wants to follow a thread day after day on the off chance of something happening. A ton of people may have come back if only for one night of fun.

Well leading a planetside outfit was fun while it lasted. Time to wait for the next major update of pray one of the pre-cu swg servers finally gets JTL
at least I have tempname to keep me company

Well i'm not burnt out yet so expect me to hop in on either the TR or NC outift sometimes.

I'm trying to get myself into Ragnarok Online but it's going to take time.

FashyGoy here.
For those of you who are still interested in continuing to play I'm setting up a new outfit called Recruits of the Republic, which is intended as a new player training outfit to hopefully help the new player experience suck less and increase retention a bit. If anyone is interested in joining and helping to lead and teach newfags the game, or just wants to stick around with some of the active wwew members, the outfit is set up and recruiting. Name is Recruits of the Republic and tag is NRTR.
To those who join me, I look forward to continuing to demonstrate our tactical superiority upon the other factions. wwew lads.

Had one job, Goy.

Plus it's not called the New Terran Republic Recruits. Which would've made the tag NTRR.

Missed opportunity there I'd say.

Anyway, it was a joy to read these threads with you faggots. My laptop is a damn toaster so I'm forced to play Planetside 2 on PS4. So I wouldn't have been able to join you guys anyway.

The tag NTRR was taken, as was RotR which I originally wanted. NRTR is meant to stand in for New Recruits, Terran Republic since nothing else really works due to all the good tags being taken by outfits of 3 people in 2014 who haven't even logged in since Hossin was released.

Ah well shit then, those things should be on a timer… no log ins for such and such time. Special name/tag gets dropped. Seems pretty simple to implement to me, but Daybreak seems pretty lazy in that regard.

Also, redirected a friend of mine who doesn't have a shitty toaster for a PC to join in with the new Outfit. Seeing as I'm fucking awful at explaining things and he's gonna need every bit of help he can get after that.

TrCoolGuy here.
It was nice playing with you faggots. I might be back when the October update adds the kaiser helm or whenever they get around to adding the rocklet rifle.
Reposting the OC I made a while ago plus a screencap I don't think I've posted.

I'll be here with WWEW until the heat death of the outfit's salt-fueled autism core runs out.

Hope people play in October more, I'll be lonely for a long-ass while.

t. Hades

Fuck I was hoping to get one more big session in with you fags.
I will miss the blissful feeling of being swollen with sweaty squadmates, simply smothering the inner walls of my Gal.
Thats ok though, the amount of anal pain we caused was well worth it, we became infamous as some shitter outfit is the small span of what, 3 months? Thats some impressive stuff right there, we have a lot to be proud of. The game is pretty bad and like the rest of you I really stuck around for the company. I'm sure once they shake shit up again WWEW will rise from its slumber to raise havoc once more. I might pop on to help fashy out, sounds like that could be fun. As for the rest if you fags, see you in October.
Johnny loves you.

It`s only temporary right? Gaybreak will come to their senses and at least release some minor content that will bring the guys together again, RIGHT?

i hope I'm planning on making an alt to join back on wwew again
do we even get people who can accept invites on anymore

some anons got to hear the full story. i'm making some OC that i'll post later in this thread. so look forward to it
its been fun playing with you fags. and i'm going to miss all the banter but i know this wont be the end. we might meet in other generals or revive WWEW at some point in the future. farewell you glorious faggots.

t. nacho

Me and evorsio are steam niggers now so we have contact if things rustle up again. so you can count on your leadership to return at n/a
.t gas

That's a shame. Would have been better with you gone.

Hopefully we'll get another big update and meme once more

XCOM long war and spessmen mostly

I really don't know what face to make, I'm cringing so hard right now

i got contact with evorsio to. i'll be there if you guys need me.

It was fun faggots, remember that valkyrie chan lives on in us all, and will always be there for you.

It's been beautiful lads, I'll keep the threads running for any news on the game or Wrel/Joshino doing their "This is (Insert name here!)"

I know I came late to the party, but I had a great time with you faggots. I hope we pick this shit up again.
t. AceMclanding

POST MORE SYNTHWAVERINOS

thread theme

pretty sure the whole point was to kill the thread so it doesnt turn into /vg/

fallout 13

Is there a thread for the next game people are playing? If not, is there a thread for discussing what game to play next?

When did Vanu get YELLOW camo?

Wut?

Might be interested after I recover from the burnout.

And you got scared someone would dox you when you started telling it in the thread which only proves the fact that she wasn't any older than thirteen.

You know what not to do.

No joke? They actually got shit done?

the guy was only semi AoD or whatever. he just nicked all their people to make platoon

sure it was mostly zerging and ghostcappan but there were a few big batteru, and shit got done regardless. Massive armour column got made, etc etc.
Not brilliant tacticool genius, but certainly above normal AoD tier. commander didn't treat everyone like shit either which was an improvement on normal

Haven't been doing much playing lately - mostly waiting for the next patch to actually come out, it's taking them forever.

did stumble across this though - nobody called the guy out on it, but this is probably one of the more blatant examples of an aimbot that I've seen. There's a few other players who do streams/twitch/youtube where you can catch this sort of stuff; it always gets handwaved away as "oh they're just that good" though.

I really like the gunplay in this game, probably one of the best in terms of pure shooter mechanics I've flat out ever played.

she wasnt that young you nigger

Has anyone seen Ross's race in-game?

Care to greentext it?

song source?

Liam here. It's been a pleasure playing with you gents, though I've been out of the loop so I have no idea why it's over now. But it seems pretty unanimous that it is.

i dont get what im looking for here
is it the guy turning away before any normal person could possibly comprehend they even got a kill yet?

no idea im just reposting it

His aim snaps to the center of the guy he's shooting at

you're right
that just raises more questions though like why would it only activate when hes almost dead?
also knowing that now the sprinting away almost seems like a cover up for the sudden twitch of movement near the end of his shooting. His sprinting seems reactionary to the twitch which seems like a more reasonable level of human reaction to knowing your targets dead.

He's probably got a button toggle for it.

If you watch his shooting closely, you'll see how lazy he is: He doesn't even try to adjust his aim to be more on target, just clicks a button to snap after a few hundred milliseconds of shooting off-target.

Possibly the snap-to function is also tied to firing, so you just hold down a button to snap on target, hold down your LMB to spray, and as long as you're holding the toggle, you'll instantly stop firing at the target when your client recognizes they're dead, and instantly jump to another target within view (or possibly even outside of your view).

Watch some streams from players like JHFO, and you'll see them doing this 'aim snapping' over and over again.

You know, it's shit like this that makes me kind of glad we quit. Especially since DBG still turns a blind eye to it.

They're never going to get a larger playerbase if they keep coddling their whales.

So did I reinstall at the worst possible time or something?

they announced battleeye a few months ago and we are still waiting on that shit

I should add that another suspicious part is his lack of ADS. Which isn't a big thing, it just lends more credibility to his inherent aiming laziness. Why ADS for better accuracy on the target when you can just hit the toggle for your aimbot instead?

In all honesty, I think this aimbot and similar are more prolific in the community than a lot of people think. Easily half the 'top' players I've watched playing look like they're using it, and largely speaking they're also friends with each other.

Even in this case, the fives23 guy is friends with recondarts - who ate a ban not long ago for cheating (and had it removed shortly thereafter with some reddit whining) and recondarts is friends with a bunch of guys who constantly eat bans for cheating (and whom get them subsequently removed after reddit some whining).

I'm really curious where battle eye will go and what effect it will have, and whether or not DBG will stick to their guns when a lot of "upstanding" community members end up being prolific cheaters. Possibly the reason we haven't seen it happen yet is that battle eye was already implemented and showed DBG just how bad the cheating really was, and they're going with a 'better to just ignore it at this point' approach.

Nah m8, the game can still be plenty of fun and a bunch of us still play it, just not as much as a month ago.

If you decide to play, try to get into actual squads instead of lone-wolfing. Don't be afraid to jump between a few different squads to find ones that fit.

Consider an outfit as well. A lot of fun comes from playing together with other people doing shit like harassers or armor columns, or trying to hold a shield gen with your squad while multiple other squads are attacking the amp station points.

That's probably what they're doing, because they know most of those players are the ones who spend a lot of money.
Problem is they're relying on those few people to pay their bills. They're never going to have the money to improve the game if they leave things as they are.

rock and a hard place

We'll probably find out the truth a few years down the road, maybe after planetside 2 shuts down, or if/when someone starts to ramp up hype for planetside 3 and talks about some of ps2's issues.

In terms of strategy, they might be trying to prop up the population numbers so that if/when they decide to go for cheaters, they've got an otherwise stable playerbase to absorb any monetary losses.

That's what I'm hoping. No point in playing until they make a call, though.

Content whores please go.

Did those Enclave fags started to browse this place or something? I don't remember anons were playing planetside only for content, like those Enclave chucklefucks that rushed through WoW expansions -which took months to make- in days and left after the devs constantly pandered to their highly autistic wishes (yes, even for WoW standards).

Why is the cloak ANT fun as fuck

What? There hasn't been any big changes since the construction update happened. I was hoping they would add the rocklet rifle sooner or anything new but there's nothing to do but shoot planetmans and base autism. And i'm pretty sure the Enclave did nothing wrong and it's all SOE's fault for making PS2 a boring ass game.

Rocklet got shelved. They're trying to figure out something better now, but officially no longer being added.

I'm personally waiting on all the QoL changes for noobs getting into the game so they're a little more competitive out of the gate. A bunch of the new abilities should be pretty fun to use, and I think I might actually shelve my C4 on my heavy for that +50 point shield booster, since it extends TTK by however long it takes the next bullet to cycle through and hit you; could be as much as +100 - 200ms of life in a 1vs1.

I guess I have to rely on tank mines to take out sundis to grind for white camo
inb4 you can't use it past level 15 :^)

are you sure you arent talking about the everquest guys that got invited to the wow team?
also its fair to want content when your game is a shallow pile of shit

cloak ant is loadsa fun but ive been in lots of situations where i got shot at when conceivably people should have only a vague general idea of where i am and they are hitting me dead on
my vehicle stealth isnt very good (minimap detection) but i took that into consideration when these things happen and i still feel like its bullshit
more then anything though ive learned cloak isnt enough to justify being your own gunner so make sure you bring a friend

Fuck no wonder ppl get salty at me

Just checked his dasanfall page
stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/fives23

Look at this.
Less than 10% HSR on almost every gun… and then 33% HSR on the lynx, making him better than 99.8% of players on record using it.

Orbital Strikes

So no orbital striking the Crown. Of course it's a good thing, since being able to wipe out defenders from a permanent base with an orbital strike would utterly change the game (for the worst for sure), but I'd like to see it just once.

tbh there shouldn't even be any permanent bases

It's particularly obvious now that artillery elements are being added and people are seeing first-hand what it means to be a sitting duck.

The entire game's fucked up, I dont know why you have to defend a base forever, game mechanics wise it'd have been better if the base became locked to attackes after a few defenses (the enemy throws thousands of troops to the base and all of them die so they cant attack anymore)

It would also be interesting to see the orbital strike on regular bases. If they set up a beacon, the defenders have x time to destroy it before it fires

I see this might change the meta considerably.

Oh great, can't wait for it to be in the game in like.. 2 years.

It's even more annoying how blatant some of this shit is. Ever heard of Vanus Blessing?

their used to be a time a few months ago where if you typed in "esp hack" into google the first website that popped up on the list was one called "vanu birthright"
i just searched for it now so i could verify it but it seems like it was taken down
maybe daybreak is actually cracking down?

but yeah the mentality of these people is fucking insulting

whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=vanusblessing.com

Could send a few emails to godaddy about the site; I doubt they'd do anything though - maybe if it were also claimed to be distributing malware, which I wouldn't even be surprised about.

Great idea, Brianna Wu.

Someone on their google plus page was already claiming they were distributing malware

Question is, how much?

And thread is dead, here's some shitposting.

It's never over. We will be here forever.

i put the shitter in shitposting

Bless the battle-bards for helping drive our foes, and rivals off our world.

R.I.P. headphones

Not more than 20 fucking seconds in and I'm hearing fucking plebbit tier memes.
Video a shit, webm next time.

good night sweet prince
getting a decent quality webm under 8 megs of this song is really hard no bully

summer really striked hard

it was a nice ride brass

when gasthevanutrannies still had his name, probably the first few weeks.

rocklet would ruin the balance that they were already actively trying to ruin.

I don't think anybody care but these are some of the webms i made and posted over time in no specific order

flood detected

more

adadadadada

How about Puzzle Pirates on a doubloon server? There might be some anons here with a big ship.

random text

hue

more webm

video

i had no idea i made so many

more

i actually have a folder on another hard drive full of ones i deemed not worthy that i was going to post now anyway but the drive was old and died corrupting everything

aaa

more

more random text

i really like this one

almost there

Man this is just sexy as fuck.

Pequod where are you now, we're not degenerates okay ;-;

The date is in the filenames, june 1st.

Good night Planetside 2