So how did you play MGS5?

So how did you play MGS5?

I gotta go full Snake, i wish the entire game had subsistence hard modes, but thats just my tastes.

What about you? whats the endgame for the user who goes full battle armour, tanks and helicopter support 24/7?

Completed the main story and uninstalled it. Never touched it since, but i have replayed GZ at least 10 times.

i mixed it up depending on how i felt since you could go back to missions you liked or to get better ranks on

you can drive a tank straight through OKB-zero and get S

This, TPP's missions were bland, GZ still has me going back to figure out new ways to fuck with the camp/ complete the mission

I havent played it as much, but crawling through the tunnels and the underground areas gave me some Shadow Moses flashbacks.
christ.

I've always thought that the level 1 tranq should have no silencer. Even with mediocre aim, it's so easy to just head shot people from far away from mission 1 onwards. Which is sad since CQC is pretty good and I think is on par with MGS4s CQC.

It's a shame, but the maps aren't designed with subsistence in mind. What bugged me most about those subsistence levels was that you could just fulton shit, which makes the whole OCP thing pointless.

S ranks were way too easy, especially without reflex mode giving an extra 10k points. Having reflex mode on should've taken away 10k points, rather than off adding 10k points.
Time is also a major factor, when I'd argue it shouldn't be. It's a stealth game, so getting in and out without the enemy knowing you were there should be the focus. Having the guards never see you and that little fuzzy white icon of their suspicion never showing up is what you should aim to do, over sanicing your way to the end with D-Walker.

I rewatched some of the trailers an hour ago, and boy howdy do I wish I could go back to when those trailers were coming out. I suppose for some reason I forgot to not get hyped, and got burned again.

Susuka best girl.

Being sneaky was tense and exciting.

Paraite guys were kinda annoying to fight, the zombies should have been fucking scrapped.

Fighting Sahelanthropus with D-Walker was a blast.

I enjoyed shooting people too.

I wish there were more animal hunting side ops.

what's with the sudden influx of outlaw star images on this board, not that i'm complaining, it made me go download the series to watch it proper since i only saw it on toonami as a kid

Shitlaw star fags fuck off, or atleast sage for off topic

Because Outlaw Star was great. It plodded along with side plots that amounted to very little so I can't say that it's 10/10 perfect, but if you've got an appreciation for space westerns, then it's a go to. I haven't watched much anime, but OS and Trigun are probably the ones I've liked the most.

Reinstalled the game today after dropping it in the mission where the helicopter crashes with the old man (code talker?)
I always play mgs in non lethal/stealth and because of that i don't have any heavy artillery to take out those guys easily and they're a pain to do with counters since their armour regens
I think i'll just roam for a while and steal some containers while developing an higher level D-Walker

They get torn apart by grenades, and about 3/4 of the time they don't react to them falling by their feet. Extra helpful since they like to group. Even level one grenades fuck them up.
Just toss grenades at the guys who materialize guns from their belly button and quick time the guys who get machetes.
Even worse that they replace the boss fights of the other games with their Bethesda inspired bullet spongy nothingness.
Even Sale was a let down, and I don't think you can even disable his railgun, like you could do to the Metal Gears in Peace Walker.

Fuck D-walker. I'm going back to S rank missions I missed the first time. You'd be amazed at how many S ranks you can pile up by just flying the helicopter straight to the mission point, mowing down everything you see with the mini-gun then popping out, cleaning up with a shotgun, grabbing your objective and exfiltrating.

Time being the major contributor to score was a huge mistake.

You can also just develop Quiet's highest level rifle and then go take a nap on top of a building while she does everything. Essentially a free S rank.

There's so many problems when it comes to the ranking system, but I suppose it would be a problem if the only way to get an S rank is to go perfect stealth no kills. However it is, or was, a stealth game, so that should be how it's played.
I wonder if having it so that you start with an S rank, and you only lose points for your actions, like kills, alerts, retries. I doubt it would mesh with the casual audience though, and would only make it so that some of the content is pointless, like lethal weapons.
I still don't get why there is such a massive focus on weapons since MGS4, especially lethal ones. V isn't as bad as 4 when it came to this shit.
I really couldn't give a shit about my new level 4 ak when it works functionally the same as the M4, which is killing people, which I don't want.

Daily reminder, Huey did nothing wrong.

It's really fun, but only to my autism.

I sent all assest and soldiers to the base thinking the end game would be me defending the mother base. My soldiers were all rank A and S. Then the game said FUCK YOU and killed a bunch of them and ended with a gay romance drama about the bitch that could have just have spoken another language.
Kojima is a fucking retard.

Great game tough, gameplay blows away every other metal gear, and that is what counts.

I was really hoping that Skull Face was going to destroy Mother Base again and have him be visible as he does it. Just so the game would give you more reason to hate him, because as is he's a non factor for so much of the game.
I can't even remember if it was his doing that they parasites got spread on Mother Base killing the Kikongo guys. I remember it had something to do with the kids, but can't even remember if Skull Face was aware that the kids don't get killed by it, and that he planned for the kids to infect everyone.

I fucking hate Skull Face, because of how bad of a villain he is. Kojima gave a cop out excuse that we're not supposed to interact with him much so we get that phantom pain feeling he was so horny to use in place of cut content. No ending? Phantom Pain. You expect an ending so we take it away. Rused again by the epic ruse man.

The metal amobagea whatever rock mcguffin did the parasites

Fuck off, that wasn't it right? From the mission where the not muscle/titty skulls burst out of the back of the truck? I thought that rock copper shit was just like, nuke fuel for Sale.
Jesus Christ, I've played TPP like 4 times and couldn't even remember such a major plot point. Probably says more about me than the game though.

I can pirate it yet or is denuvo still uncracked for PP?

Cracked ages ago

Really now? No invisible doors or falling through the ground or dialog interrupting itself?

The whole thing was totally a big trick on the assumption that big medic would take this demon rock back to his place of business even though it is the equivalent of taking a big wooden horse into your castle.

Generally speaking I played mostly non-lethal with tranqs and an assault rifle. I rarely relied on MB support but would use vehicles fairly often. DDog is the most useful for my playstyle but I'd try not to use him too terribly often because it felt a little too overpowered and Dhorse was invaluable for getting around with anything resembling speed in the more open levels.

I was fond of mixing it up and going full Rambo sometimes though, shirt off, M60 locked and loaded, charging into OKB Zero and blowing everyone away while blasting the Robocop theme.

MGS:V has hit that phase on Holla Forums where we have to pretend it's completely shit and was never good or liked because that's how the hivemind around here works, but it's worth the price of admission just for moments like that, far as I'm concerned.

There's that word again. You almost had it user. You can even see for yourself the other people praising it, and yet Holla Forums is a hivemind that hates it.

go back to school, you fucking civy

Always went full non-lethal. Used D-Horse when I hadn't unlocked vehicles yet, then D-Dog, then Quiet and then motherfucking D-Walker because fuck you I will fight you in my battle robot. I uppercut bitches. It was even more fun when I discovered the joy of the stun cannon

I disagree user, the story is such a clusterfuck, what little story there is mind you

Skullface's plan still doesn't make sense to me, almost a whole year later, was he using nukes to rule the world? Or the language parasites? Or both? Why both? Wouldn't one or the other suffice? Why did Skullface do literally nothing throughout the whole fucking game?

It made no sense, was thrown at you in the most awkwardly scripted moment in the entire series, with Venom just sitting there with a blank fucking stare not saying a word about this retards stupid fucking overcomplicated plan

Yes, I'm still mad

Holla Forums has always been about being a sheep.

It happens to all of us user.

Venom did nothing wrong, and that really pisses me off

Yeah you right. I don't know what Skull Face wanted to do with either of his master plans. He's two main antagonists pressed together into one, with the main bullet points of either taken away.

In what way?

He was going to use his control over nukes to have every country by the balls and use the vocal cord parasites to eradicate english because yadda yadda backstory something about his people.
He wanted to not only control the world but really make sure that the english language is destroyed.

you fag

I recently started playing this game again, and around the same time I got around to listening to the tapes of some of the main characters from Peace Walker because I didn't feel like playing it. I can't understand why Huey did such a seeming 180 in his character from Peace Walker to Phantom Pain. He went from a diehard believer in deterrence to a whiny cunt blaming Snake for the nukes that Huey built for him, saying it was Snake's fault that XOF destroyed Outer Heaven, and then later he pledges allegiance to Snake while he's about to confront Skull Face, then lies through his teeth about Strangelove and ultimately causes a mutated strain of the vocal chord parasite to be unleashed and threatens the entire world. Then in the midst of Snake cleaning up his mess, he blames Snake again for the umpteenth time while claiming that Diamond Dogs are the crazy ones (granted, by that point everyone had become a little unhinged due to Miller but still, Huey is no saint). I hate Huey with a passion, but mostly because I just can't understand what warped his mind so much. Why did he betray MSF? Why did he crawl back to Snake, knowing full well what the consequences would be? Why did he lie, lie, and lie again, and then proceed to commit fresh atrocities even in the midst of Snake showing him undue mercy? What the fuck?

I played with as little gear as possible. I only ever used the tranq pistol and chokeholds, didn't use any gadgets or anything except in special occasions. I streamed the game for a buddy of mine and he got frustrated because I was apparently "missing the entire point of the game"

Personally every now and then I go re-watch some old anime from before the industry was converted into a blur of digitally painted oh-nee-chawn light novel garbage.
I take caps and use them as reaction images.
I notice others who do the same.
I haven't re-watched Outlaw Star recently though.
Been catching up on a recent one called 91 Days which stands out pretty damn well from everything else airing this season.
I expect it to end a lot like Gangsta which is to say I imagine it will not have an ending.

because like many characters, cipher will kill his child if he doesn't do exactly what they want him to

But Zero explains to Miller that XOF/Skull Face went rogue when he attacked Outer Heaven and that he personally had no involvement. In fact, Zero was the one that had Big Boss and the Medic transferred to Cyprus so that they would be safe.

but you're on fucking hardcore psychedelic drugs for literally the entire game, what do you think wormwood extract does
hell, even when big boss gives you the digoxin at the beginning, that drug doesn't do what he says it does, digoxin is used to help prevent heart attack damage and causes acute paranoia and hallucination, it's not used in the same way adrenaline is whatsofuckingever

To understand his change in character better you have to look at Strangelove's opinion of him and how he reacted to being cucked by his own son, she basically despised him because he was spineless and always moving around in somebody's shadow and obviously he's a cuck and he was so meek that he kills himself when his own son one ups him. He's not Otacon and he never will be. Being under Skullface's care since the MSF headquarters got sunk to the bottom of the sea he basically did the only thing a spineless guy like him would do and that's basically become even more meek and sickeningly appeasing and he did that for years.

Oh and it only becomes apparent in hindsight but the only thing this guy enjoys doing is building doomsday weapons and never thinks things through.

he killed himself because he was useless as his son had fulfilled everything huey wanted, in becoming more successful than him and becoming the most important protagonist in the series

and, i forgot to mention, so that cipher/the patriots/whoever couldn't use him any more

I grabbed the shitty cracked version with bugged doors and played it for maybe 5 hours before dropping it because it was shit. I wish I'd stopped playing them after MGS3 and saved some time.

Most fun way to play

But YOU did lose something user, all the fun and work in PW was supposed to be torn away from you by skullface. The Medic is supposed to be YOUR self insert, because all of us are Big Boss, and Big Boss is all of us.

I'm not Big Boss.
Big Boss is a fucking pussy who went full retard and turned his best soldier into a cyborg ninja just because he lost one battle

I mean generally speaking, being a cyborg ninja isn't bad.

he was infinitely more useful as venom

Wat, venom got rekt by Solid and died.

They've already shown that MGS as a series contains things like completely accurate body doubles and super ridiculous, live-saving surgeries.
Also, retcons. Then, there's all the similarities between Venom and Gray Fox, and the fact that Psycho Mantis says he's met Gray Fox before, etc.

I think you're confusing Venom and Gray Fox which is kind of understandable
Venom was a medic from MSF (supposedly one of BB's best men at that time) while Gray Fox was his best soldier in Outer Heaven / Zanzibar Land, after which Gray Fox got turned into the first cyborg ninja. Venom died while Outer Heaven was destroyed.

they're the same person, and quiet is naomi, which is why naomi does what she does

I kindly disagree

I understand. It's an unfinished game that's about being on hardcore drugs and getting lied to in a series about getting lied to. I may very well be wrong, but things line up too well, and there's just too many thematic similarities between the two characters for me to ignore. Still, with a plot like MGS, it's only natural that people reach different conclusions regarding things like this.

I'M NUCLEAAAAAR
I'M WIIIIILD
I'M BRRRREEEEEAKING UP
INSIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Same as everyone else. Login for daily reward, deploy troops, set some things on build, do the FOB events. Cry knowing MGO2 will never get remaster

still trying to get S rank on main missions maybe once i get home tommorow ill double down on that, I usually have D-walker with me due to me doing supply runs after i complete main missions and sideops so i don't go back with shit GMP

D-walker is also fairly useful as long as i have the scout mode for it, I don't like going lethal really I like sneaking alot more i can't get into killing guys unless itll be a hassle to cqc everyone with the rocket punch and sprint punch

aside that im still building up my base im getting close to unlocking my second FOB so hopefully i make it

I managed to S rank every mission when I played it a few months back. You only get a shitty Raiden skin which doesn't even change the voice like it did in GZ. So I stored the save file away so that I can replay through the game without losing the data. Now I play through it with lethal weapons only.

I roleplay two of my soliders, Raging Ox and Pouncing Swan. Raging Ox was a merciless killer and never left a soul alive. He'd stealth as long as he could, killing everyone in the process until he had to go loud. Pouncing Swan was incredibly nonlethal. The mission came first before anything else and would always choose the path of least resistance. I choose who to play as by flipping a coin.

I don't play shit.

You're not some random guy. In my opinion, you're Gray Fox.
But that's just like my opinion, man.

ALT+F4 and uninstalled on the spot.

ALL I WANTED WAS A HALFWAY DECENT REALISTIC SOVIET-AFGHAN WAR GAME. WHY DO JAPS ALWAYS RUIN THEIR GAMES WITH FUCKING RETARDED MAGIC SHIT?

You've only got yourself to blame, user.

Sounds like you should probably just go back to playing CoD friendo, Metal Gear is too much for you.

None of that shit actually happened.
Venom Snake is on hardcore psychedelics for 100% of the game.
You can't be sure anything you're looking at is actually what it is because you're doing absinthe for the whole fucking game.

I have, what? +400 hours of play time and still haven't completed every side objective or even S-ranked all missions. I don't even plan on 100%ing this game (especially capturing every animal, fuck that shit), I mostly just do things that I actually enjoy. For the time being, I hop in occasionally and do a bit of FOB stuff, expand my base, and lock any staff that might have the new skills (Ranger/Medic/Defender etc.)

Other than that, I'm still planning a new playthrough and remain on the hobo phase for as long as I can. Too bad my backlog keeps getting bigger. Maybe one day.

I played mostly stealth and nonlethal.
I went ball-deep loud as fuck on my second go with Walker Gear for fun.
I liked most of the game aside from the dumb fucking zombieshit.
That boss battle at the airport was annoying as fuck.

There's magic shit in every mgs game. Besides, the plot was ruined more by the fucking parasites making zombies and having the metal gear be a carrier, Instead of trying to focus the plot on tieing together PW and mg1.

The zombies felt like an afterthought shoehorned by Konami to appeal to casuals.
I bet the virus originally was just going to be lethal.

I don't think there'll be anything more disappointing in video game history than MGSV Chapter 2.

Chapter 1 is non-stop hype and fun times. Then you get to the end of CH1 and you think things can only get better, you wonder "Shit I already put in 80 hours of gameplay how much more can there be?" and then it all fell apart. CH2 was nothing but despair and breaking down your hype piece by piece into shards on the floor.

It's all a part of why it was named Phantom Pain, user.
I'm not the most experienced game player, but as far as I've seen, TPP is the most meta game to fucking ever exist.
There's some serious meme magic going on in that game.

Yes, the two series are so much different with vastly different demographics.

I wonder if by part 3 this was going to be his character arc? By seeing Medic not just be a body double but excel to become Snakes equal maybe thats what sets him off into becoming the Ocelot of MGS1?

People speculate that chapter 3 was going to be in central america, because some of the outer ops for the MB soldiers are around that area. Kojima also confirmed, just a month before he was told he was fired, that there would be a return of camp omega. I also cannot believe that the medic was ok with being Boss' double and being told in the tapes he is dead and he should only be Big Boss. If the subject of the game was revenge, then I would have Venom pit himself against Big Boss to show him he's a better soldier, which would lead to Ocelot joining Foxhound and directly leading it into MG1

Is GZ worth looking in to? I enjoyed TPP, but didn't finish cuz the map is just too damn big and empty to bother traversing.

Now you can get it for 5 bucks get on it.

GZ is just a demo for people to test stuff in. It has the basics of every weapon, multiple routes of entry and exits and a handful of mission types that will appear in TPP. Plot wise it is great intro to TPP, but the main plot is only one mission long. So get the game cheap or just pirate it.

The enclosed Camp Omega is the best location they built for MGSV.

I went for the S rank 0% run. It took some doing but I finally clinched it.

Download mods who let you put all the missions in subsistence hardcore and begin enjoying the game.

Thanks Hideo

Stopped using DD.

Holy shit this actually feels like a satisfying challenge now.

DD is quite overpowered.

Who wants to 1v1 me in MGO?

That depends on the gamemode and such.

It's much more fun than any single location in TPP. There's a lot of fuckery to be done in Camp Omega, and when you go back to TPP you'll be pissed off that various locations aren't nearly as well fleshed out. Half of the bases in Afghanistan should have had extensive cave tunnel networks with lots of booby traps.

OKB Zero is great, though. Maybe it could have some more cameras and traps, but otherwise it's the one showpiece map of the game. But there should have been a few more like it.

That sounds autistic, but fun.

I haven't finished the game (I stopped right after Quiet left), I hate the whole Mother Base thing, I can't have the best stuff and it takes forever to find the right soldiers so each area can level up. I don't raid other people's MB.
I always play the game in stealth with either Quiet or DD to help.

MGO is so fucking awful, I hope MG Survive will be better.

Are you kidding me? CQC in GZ is way better than MGS4 and TPP.

I forgot to add that I wish every soldier you pick for a mission could level up too. I always play as Flaming Buffalo and she's at the same level as she was when I fultonned her.

I suppose you're right. The CQC in GZ was way better than TPP. I remember that you could interrupt your punch attacks into either the slam or the grab, but can't in TPP. CQC in TPP was really rigid, and you just had to choose something and stick to it.
I have to disagree when it comes to 4's CQC though. I'd say it's on par with GZ's, maybe better, and I think it actually has way more depth to it, like pressing the button again to disarm someone when you grab them, or different slams based on what direction you push them.

I just got to that scene were Huey gets thrown off the base. 80 hours in. shit was so funny.

"I'm innocent!!"

you can do actions in GZ that you can't do in the real game its fucking crazy.

I'm pretty sure there are strings in GZ that implied you could hold someone up and tell them to call off an alert phase.

These were also featured in both GZ and TPP. Granted, I haven't played 4 and GZ in a while, so I don't remember those very well (aside from the fact you can cancel moves in GZ).

First time, I went non-lethal and tried to aim for total stealth.

This time (since I deleted my save data like an idiot), I kill whenever I get caught.

I played it the best way

I didn't play it at all

With DD. Then while depressed that I already trivialized half of the game. Then never again.

>preorder
>game doesn't work on my hardware
>have to wait several days to be able to play it
>play as snake with wu only until I'm able to play as a recruit
>grind with just the wu, completing missions
>sniper rifle with box magazine
>stun assault rifle with submachinegun magazine
>I kill quiet
>realize that killing quiet had totally fucked my playthrough up
>stop playing it for a while, disappointed a bit
>delete my save
>still haven't 100%'d it

Anyone who's planning to play TPP, I strongly suggest Infinite Heaven and a hardcore mod. The game can become pretty amazing with both, and a good challenge.

First time, loud and bloody. I questioned guys, slit their throats and was the demon of the battlefield, then I got tired of being bloody and decided stealth way of doing things. Now im in a mix when i play and have the angel snake mod, to prevent any pesky morality issues.

Yeah, you never truly realize how powerful DD is until you try other buddies. He's perfect sonar, you never have to worry again.

One thing I missed from Ground Zeroes was the ability to get the soldier to call for help, to lure unsuspecting soldiers to you.

What do those mods do?

How viable is playing the game with every level as OSP?

So long as you're not a nub, sure. I've done it for plenty of missions. You generally wont find supressors out in the wild though, so its going to be a lot fo cqc if you do do it. Unless you want to go in loud and improvise.

Uh, first part was not meant to be greentexted. I dont know how that happened.

I tried to do stealth on most missions, though if I fucked up, I generally didn't just try to hide away until the enemies stopped looking for me, I fought my way out.

If it got really hectic, I'd call in a chopper for support. Used artillery once or twice. Generally, if I was going into a base, I'd always choose stealth first.

Although I always used to go completely nuclear with my favourite DD member. Not extracting any enemies I defeated, using heavy machine guns and generally blowing up as much shit as possible. Pic very related.

Well wait what letter rank are you?

I am genuinely stunned that they even bothered to include not killing her as a choice when it's woefully obvious shit like that was intended from the start.
Kojima always understood that while the player was in charge of the actual gameplay and method, the start and finish were a given. I am seriously stunned why this shit is even here.
It popped up for me when I really didn't WANT to shoot Skullface in the cutscene, I found myself awkwardly hitting escape and skipping instead.

Fuck's sake, I like what this game could've been, but this shit's laughable, specifically FOR Kojima.

killing her is a time paradox

But it wouldn't be.
So why is it even here, unlike Ocelot just game overing?
That's my point, there's no goddamned consistency in this franchise now.

because it got cut during development
chapter three is missing entirely, but 1 and 2 also would've been better
it's a paradox because quiet is, or had some intensely significant influence on naomi campbell

This is half of every issue I have with this fucking game because it isn't done.
Oh, no hub 3? Cut content!
Who the hell would record Zero during a conversation with comatose Snake?
Cut content!
Why does Punished Snake REMEMBER any of this? Cut content!
Why are there BOXES with "city" pattern on them that visibly have no real use? Cut content!
Why would Liquid steal the giant robot and then just never show up in the story again? Cut content!

Don't worry buddy, if Metal Gear Survive does well we might just get lucky enough to get all that cut content sold to us in Metal Gear V-2 Electric Boogaloo!

Someone fucking kill me

Don't forget

What a fucking joke

Come to think of it, what purpose to the plot did Quiet even really serve, Prologue she was just some XOF grunt, and then I guess eventually they parasited her back to health and told her to assassinate venom in Afganistan? If that's true why didn't she just kill him the first chance that she got? Why was she so trusting of the guy that almost killed her twice? Why did we get some akward forced love interest, when neither of them ever said a word to each other?

Was Kojima hiring an expensive Mo-cap Actress just to fuck her the reason he got fired from Konami?

Or was it all the licensed songs eating up the budget?

>TFW we will only ever get the shitty Midge Ure cover of The Man Who Sold The World in the game because Bowie was likely too Chemo'd up to negotiate the licensing fees with Konami before he died

She became interested in Venom and wanted to get closer to him, like a lot of folks, she got taken in by his charisma. Sparing her sparked something inside of her.

Because he spared her in their second encounter, and Ismael was the one who actually burnt her up.

I never really considered it terribly forced, it takes a back seat but I wouldn't consider it forced. Their relationship blooms slowly in the background and leads to some cute scenes, nothing severely in your face.

That was kind of the point.

Joosten got hired because out of all the other mocap actresses they auditioned she was the only one who displayed proper trigger discipline.

Quiet is naomi

Are you kidding? If anything he would have been punished for not smashing or not letting his boss or Kenichi "motherfuckin" Shinoda have a go when they asked.

But you get a gold jeep and gold tanks and shit cuz you a no limit soulja boi

You can just shoot her.

Kojima got fired for fucking someone's wife if anything.
The Midge ure cover was a hint towards the whole Venom =/= Big Boss thing.

That girl bends like fucking plastic when she expresses any emotion. Fucking koreans and their botox.

I keep hearing this and I still don't think that's the case, surely if it were, the bowie version would have been used at some point to to seal the deal thematically no? At least a reference to Bowie in some way, like shit between Diamond Dogs and "The Man Who Sold The World" You think his name would have come up at some point, but nope the Tape where Miller goes on about the origin of their name was the Greek definition of Diamonds or some stupid shit like that

I mean, the song name doesn't say it's the cover, so you would've assumed it's the original at first. Maybe it was a compromise since there's no Bowie song at all in the game. Who knows.
The 1984 shit was also a reference to Bowie, though. And the whole idea of the PMC was inspired by the lyrics of Diamond Dogs.

Fun fact: it was really a reference to both Diamond Dogs and 1984

Bowie was putting together a pitch to the Orwell Estate to have the rights for a 1984 Broadway Musical, they pretty much laughed him the fuck off but he used the few tracks he had put together for the project before hand to make up most of the second half of Diamond Dogs, which is why it references 1984 so much

Well yeah, I knew that. The album even has a song named 1984.
But anyway, the game is full of references/homages to the dude, so I really don't see the problem. Only thing it was really missing was a song directly by him. He was recording his last album around that time so maybe they couldn't get a hold of him.

Sure, if they have had non-moon lit nights and full day/night lengths

Tell us your dumb theory about Naomi already